The Greatest Generation (WWII European Theater 1942 - 1945)

P

Provoked

Original poster
Game Masters: Myself and if anyone would like to do this as a co-GM effort, that would be awesome.
Accepting New Characters: Yes.
Posting Expectations: Anything over two paragraphs would be good for lengths. I also like detail. Basically post at least once a week, after all no one likes incredibly slow threads. I also would like people to have basic knowledge of how the General Issue WWII weapons of the US Army work, but I am available to teach people who do not know much about it. All in all I am looking for dedicated members who really want to do this. Also as a side not most people will start at the rank of Private or Private first class. Anyone who wants Sergeant or above should PM me, because well those people need to know what they are doing.
Rating: Rated R for graphic war violence, adult language and suggestive themes.
Genre: Modern-Historical Epic
Atmosphere/Mood: Well there is no specific mood for war. But there will be times where it will be dark and sad. People will die and the like, so generally how grunt infantrymen feel about fighting a war.
Timeline: 1942 - 1945. This will go from the harsh deserts of North Africa (1942 - Early 1943), the mountainous and hill-covered landscape of Italy and Sicily (1943 - Early 1944), the plains and forests of France and the Lowlands (1944 - Early 1945) and Germany and Czechoslovakia (Early - Mid 1945).
Basic Plot:
The RP will be centered around the exploits of 2nd Platoon, B Company, 3rd Battalion of the 16th Infantry Regiment (1st Infantry Division of the U.S. Army). It will be based in four acts, these will be four different threads if that is allowed. (This thread will be altered to include future Acts.)

Act I
"Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth and easy, or that anyone who embarks on the strange voyage can measure the tides and hurricanes he will encounter."
-Sir Winston Churchill

During the brutal and harsh year of 1942, the Allies and the Axis fought bitterly over a few thousand miles of desert that constituted the North African Campaign. Many men rich and poor fought and died, spilling their blood for the dune-filled lands. The 1st Infantry Division was no exception. The men of the Fighting First as it came to be known were the spear head of America's war effort against Field Marshal Rommel's Afrika Korps. The 16th Infantry Regiment fought hard and fiercely through the deserts from 1942 until early 1943. The war swept up a generation of young, brave and determined men. No one knew this better than Second Lieutenant George C. Macy, the leader of Second Platoon, Baker Company of the 16th Regiment.

His Rifle Platoon had trained hard together since 1941 for these days, and they were among its finest hours. This is not a romanticized story about men beating back a fool-hearty German force who knew nothing about the strength of America. This is the story of a group of men who fought a determined and equally brave enemy who knew little defeat at the hands of the Western Allies. This is the story of men who fought alongside men as brothers. Through fear, loss, and death these men fought. This is The Greatest Generation.

Hmm...I might be interested, but I think I'll wait till school starts so I have a better grasp on my schedule.