The Great Staffing Hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh.

I'll uh volunteer... Sometime. Until I become comfy enough with becoming that staffer that's always coffee drunk.

(The below may sound familiar.)
~[rainbow]"If I feel up to it. ^^"[/rainbow]~

Cool! I'll be sure to fill out an application.

If you have a badass enough personality to pull it off, pretty high. >:D BUT IT'S A GAMBLE!
Also depends on how much we like you.
Alright, my mission is clear. I'll hit 4 months account age on February 9. That gives me just about 6 weeks to work with.

By that time I have to befriend, bribe, or seduce all the admins and as many other staff members as possible just to be sure. I also have to establish myself as a total badass to be able to pull off a stupid application successfully.

I can do this.

Reactions: ElBell
I applied. o.o Because...well, I have nothing better to do with my time!

Whose thong do I slip this $100 bill in to get the job? >_>

Kidding! Unless it works....then, well, I guess I'll have to find $100 bill...

Reactions: Melon
WOOT! Okay, I filled out an application. I have to say, I don't have much RP going on right now, so it feels kind of barren. But alas, I must shoot for the stars and at least hope for the moon. <3

:aaah:

Debates if she has time to do more . . .

Id love to do this. Thing is, i dont have a lot of free time, youtube, school etc

For people who want to do more for Iwaku, but don't have the time for modding, there is still LOTS of things you can do! :D

For example, we always need members posting new challenges, exercises, workshops, guides, data, etc in our content sections. You don't have to be staff to do it, and we LOVE getting member contributions! <3

I'm thinking about applying. I've been on jealous for a year now, I just have a question.

What is is difference between a staff member and a volunteer?

I'm thinking about applying. I've been on jealous for a year now, I just have a question.

What is is difference between a staff member and a volunteer?

Amount of responsibility. Staff members are expected to pick up the slack when things are needed to be done. They are also expected to deal with disputes. There are staff members specifically assigned to that role, but in a pinch any staff member should be able to deal with small issues that arrise (like closing a thread when the topic gets derailed or turns into a pissing match).

A volunteer on the other hand will have one or two tasks they are expected to do regularly and that's it.

I'm sure the Admins have a more percise criteria then that but this should help you in your decision.

Volunteers [usually] only do basic forum moderation. :D Sending dead threads to the graveyarding, moving threads to the correct forums, deleting spam, and using the report button to report any rule violations if they happen to come across them while doing their maintenance. It's an added bonus when volunteers do extra, like posting challenges, exercises, or projects. If a volunteer fails to mod regularly, it's no biggie and we just pull them from the list.

Because Iwaku has so many members and so many forums, we need a LOT of volunteers to do daily forum maintenance. O_O As long as you're not someone who has gotten in trouble for one of our major rules or gotten in to member fights/drama, we will hire just about anyone as a volunteer!

Staff Members, though, have A LOT of social responsibility. Not every staff member handles drama, but every staff member has to be qualified to handle drama. They are people that are able to handle severe pressure while under fire because they tend to get a lot of shit from people for doing their job. :( They step in to threads that getting out of hand, or contact members that are being jerks. They offer support for people that need help and keep an eye on the site for trouble. On top of that, all staffies are also expected to contribute to Iwaku through active projects or roleplaying. The staffies are the people that shape Iwaku's evolution. What you see on Iwaku today is from years and years of past and current staffers putting their ideas to work!

Reactions: Melon
>Has been lurking silently for months
>Applies

Just so you get all types around here.

Eh I applied. At least I tried xD

Iwaku had given me so many great new friends and great writing experiences. I'd absolutely love to do anything i can to give back. This is such an amazing site. I can't wait to watch it grow and thrive in the upcoming months and years <3

Reactions: Lady B
Fill out the form, if you haven't! :D But since you just joined on satuday, it might be better to wait a couple months so you are closer to your eligibility date! O_O

• Love
Reactions: IceChateau777
@Diana , who are our new moderators/staff/volunteers, anyway? Or have you not finished going through the applications?

We only add a few at a time each month, cause if we added 20+ people all at the same time that would be INSANE to train. O___O

This month we added 7 volunteers and 4 new staff members. :D You can snoop to find them.

We still have A LOT of qualifying applications and getting new ones every day. (We hope we KEEP getting them!)

So we'll be adding new people/replacing people next month again, and so on and so on. Probably forever. O_O

I would love to try again at this privilege! Count me in!

Been waiting for a chance to jump back into Iwaku since my last roleplay didn't work out. This may be the perfect way to get back into the groove of things. I'll be sure to fill out an application.

Status
Not open for further replies.