The Great Sibling Position Rivalry

Where do you fall amongst your siblings?

• Oldest

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • Middle

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Youngest

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Only Child

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters

Sorrelfur

Hufflepuff on the streets, Slytherin in the sheets
Original poster
STAFF MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
  2. 1-3 posts per day
  3. One post per day
  4. 1-3 posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Give-No-Fucks
  2. Elementary
  3. Intermediate
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Romance, Yaoi, Modern, Slice of Life, Omegaverse, etc
I like hearing about what position people are in with their siblings and talking about differences. There's all those annoying stereotypes about certain kids, like youngest siblings getting away with everything but these stereotypes aren't always true.

For me I'm the youngest of 5 but alot of the memes about being the youngest didn't suit me. My mom spoiled me a bit growing up but she also spoiled my sister who was right above me. Alot of times I was the forgotten kid instead of my sister who was the middle child, once I was forgotten at school for 4hrs 😂

So what are your stories, how accurate do you feel like the memes are about your position amongst siblings?

Reactions: iridescent
I'm the youngest of my family and everything is strictly accurate. We have a certain charisma towards our parents that I cannot explain. 😊

Reactions: Sorrelfur
I am technically an only child. I say technically, because I've had step-siblings before, and I say they count.

I was the oldest in that situation. The youngest and I, uh... We... did not get along. The youngest got away with everything, and I'm pretty sure she thought I was a stuck-up, no-fun allowed, stick in the mud, because I tended to follow the rules and was pretty quiet. The middle sister and I got along pretty decently but only sometimes and not very often.

I'd say the memes are pretty accurate in my case.

Last edited:
imagine having siblings >:)
although i have a best friend i do consider a sibling.

I am the youngest from the blood siblings, but the middle child in the larger family that was married in later. Not maybe stereotypes fit me save I love to annoy the hell out of my siblings and similarly the baby step child also joins in on this. So now we go into packs, the two older siblings and the two younger siblings annoying the others. It's a work of art truly lol

I AM THE ELDEST CHILD.

I had to be parent to my brother AND to my mom! D:<

• Sympathy & Compassion
I was the middle child on my father's side and the only child of my mom's for a good twenty years ( I'm now the oldest. )

( The fact the poll doesn't allow you to pick more than one makes me sad by the way)

I'm the oldest of my little group of three.

I don't get along with my youngest sister because of how different we are. She thinks the world revolves around her, she loves make-up and other girly things, and then she likes horror movies at the same time. She throws tantrums everyday, I can't count a day I haven't heard her complain or cry about something that's just plain old life.

My other younger sibling and I get along a whole lot better, their into art, Pokemon, and some of the other things I find interest in. Their a big fan of sharks, killer whales, dinosaurs, overall, very good sibling.

They're both in competitive dance, which leads most of my parents money going to them, and most of my mom's time dedicated to them, but I have my dad, he goes to my orchestra concerts and I feel more comfortable talking to him about things.

I'm the eldest out of three kids. I do find that being the eldest means that if anything happens to the younger ones, I'm in trouble, regardless of whether I was there or not. If I was on another planet, my parents would just scream "YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO WATCH OVER THEM." My little brother can pretty much get away with anything as the youngest, though the middle child, my sister, kind of gets the same treatment as him, just slightly less intense.

Middle child here! But with all of the expectations and pressure of the oldest child. My oldest sibling didn't grow up at home, so they didn't get much of a chance to be the oldest sibling. My youngest sibling can get away with pretty much anything but also has to suffer being passed over all the time because no one trusts them to do anything. The competition was easy.

I'm the youngest! I have an older sister and that's it. I can't stand my older sister because of her drug addictions and the fact that she acts totally helpless without being up my mom's butt 24/7/365. She literally never speaks to me or anything unless she needs our mom. I hate being a sibling and a lot of trauma in life is a result of her. I honestly wish I were an only child most of the time 🙃

My siblings and I are no longer in contact with each other. Therapy helped me to realize I was parentalized pretty hardcore. And when I took action to free myself of that toxicity, they got very upset and didn't want to work on healthy relationship skills. >>; To say the least.

I am the eldest though and did fit a lot of the 'elder sibling' stereotypes. Such as these examples: "No one bullies my little sibs except for me", "You are all peasants and I am a King because I get to sit in the passenger front seat of the car," "When we're attending the same school, I'm going to pretend I don't even know you because you embarrass me", "You get to be Player 2 because eldest gets to be Player 1 in video games, loser". Ehehehe...simpler times, those were. <3
I was always scarily protective, as well. Did my best to be as responsible as I was pressured to be. Whenever I was looking after the littler ones, I made sure they felt safe, I didn't want them to worry when they could be having playtime or chill time instead. ^^ (We didn't always have the nicest household, it could get ugly in there.) And, I could effectively intimidate trashy boyfriends that the second eldest would bring over sometimes. I was already dealing with fights at school because of my bullies, so I didn't really care if I got into any others, even if I might lose. xD