The Great Sederian War; Of Ash and Shadows OOC/Lore thread

Welp guess I'll go ahead and make another reply, not gm centric we got at least one more sheet in the works afterall.

2P8l9Zm.jpg
NAME
Ral Greiger

WEIGHT
171 LBS

HEIGHT
6"1

RACE
Human

PERSONALITY
Ral Greiger is a man of few words. He has a realistic view on the world. Doesn't believe in optimism. He always keeps a calm and cool-headed attitude during most situations. He never acts recklessly unless its absolutely neccessary. Thanks to his nature and what he does best, he can adapt accordingly. If something happens in his path, it means that it was meant to be. He is rough around the edges, but that is because of his lifestyle and the village he comes from.

Thanks to his experience, he is quite fast and agile. Quick on his feets during battle. He likes rain and does not shy away from finding some unique vantage points in order to get to his target. If you would assume a place is impossible to get to, then know that its possible when Ral is there. During battle or a tense situation, you would always if not see him having a rather cold, callous demeanor. The world is unfair and he knows it. He has been there, so don't expect him to easily trust people, or share his own secrets.

HISTORY
Ral Greiger was born in a small village called Targu. Like the others in the village, he too, eventually got tribal tattoos on his body. They were considered important to the village and its people. The tattoos themselves were also infused with magical traits that could help them during battle.

The village of Targu also served the Kingdom as a small army of assassins. They had served them for quite some time, but especially during the war. Carrying out many assassinations, but also fighting face to face with the enemies during the war. The village of Targu were considered more than humans because of how savagely they fought, but also how swiftly they carried out assassinations. If anything, people referred to them as both beastkin and humans, which is exactly what they were.

The village of Targu was a mix of both humans and beastkin. They had quite the reputation as well. Some feared them, while others requested their aid. Ral grew up in such a village. He was well trained to take over eventually, which he did. After his father. He learned to fight as an assassin, but also on the field.

However, their fame and reputation came to an end. The resources they received from the Kingdom came to an end. The progression of the village came to an halt. It was all because of the Kingdom and their sudden decision to let go of the Targunians. Their services were no longer needed.

Unfortunately, because of how used to Targunians became with the resources from the Kingdom, they all felt lost. They had no Kingdom to serve. It felt like that Kingdom had just thrown away the alliance they had with the village. It was all too sudden, and the impact it made on the village was big enough for everyone to find a new goal.

People left the village, or most of the people did. Some became mercenaries, others served as assassins for people. Ral was one of them. He did not let the decision made by the Kingdom weigh him down. Instead, he moved forward. Many years later, he was found by the army once again. He was the leader of the Targunians back when they served said Kingdom. Now, they needed his service again.

Ral reluctantly accepted their offer. He wanted to see exactly why the Kingdom needed his services again. This time though, he did not trust then one bit. It should have been like that from the very start. Perhaps this deal could help the village that is a former shell of its own.

SKILLS & TALENTS
- Close Combat Expert
- Assassin
- Hunting
- Tracking
- Survivalist
- Flexible & Agile
- Magic (Infused into tribal tattoos. They glow when active. Giving the wielder either speed, endurance or strength boost)

EQUIPMENT
- Two axe-blades
- Circular blade (connects with his axe blades; see image)
- A purple frog on his head.

VOICE

Reactions: RedArmyShogun
He's alright, well that leaves one more I know of at least, post when you like will add stuff to the lore file later.

OOC to b updated today I hope, GM post early Tomorrow.

@Ehb How was your sheet coming along? I'll be marking this to invite only, either way you are still cleared, mostly asking if you need additional time or to be "worked in" to the next gm posting or the one after?

Reactions: Quake
@RedArmyShogun
First draft got lost in a computer update restart. Still intending to join. I'll see to get it rewritten here tonight though im starting from scratch.

@RedArmyShogun
First draft got lost in a computer update restart. Still intending to join. I'll see to get it rewritten here tonight though im starting from scratch.
Oof, if you need time just let me know, either way I still got you down.

@RedArmyShogun
Done! Feel free to look over.

RpJunSm.jpg

RPJun.jpg

Name: Junko 'Jun' Habaki

Weight: 123 lbs

Height: 5'7"

Race: Human

Personality:
Hailing from the Grazmaldian nobility, Junko - 'Jun' to close friends, was raised strictly under Eastern Ideals. From a young age, it was expected that she'd fulfill the family tradition of serving the (now former) Grazmaldian Kingdom's army. Disciplined and martial, she's had an upbringing whose end-goal was to prepare her to serve in the military as an officer. During the previous war she participated in some of the fiercest fighting of the conflict, and thus commands a level of respect in her experience and has a constitution that is resolute even in hopeless situations.

That isn't to say she isn't lost to the ways of the nobility, however. She is able to parlance with eloquence. Though she is also of few words when not willingly engaged in conversation. She conveys many things through her own silence, allowing people to infer the changes in her eyes and expressions. But if there was something she had gained from her time at war, it is an undeniable presence and pressure that commands respect from those of lower rank that comes from having fought in the thick of war. While her family is one of the newer nobility compared to the older Grazmaldia families, she carries herself with the distinctive mannerisms and temperament of the old nobility.

Her hobbies - outside of a physical training regimen she's followed religiously for decades - include Tea Ceremony and Calligraphy. She also enjoys wordplay in conversation.

Background:
Junko's family were a part of an exiled group of families from the East. They arrived and settled in these lands under the pretext that they were under the 'protection of the lords of the time in exchange for their loyalty and service. Indeed, loyal they were. So loyal that their deeds and actions allowed some families to ascend to becoming nobles. The 'Habaki' Family was one of those whom were allowed that honor.

Among the nobility, the Eastern families still retain some unique practices even after becoming nobles. One of these were the expectation that the first child would serve in the armies of the lord/king. Junko was the first child born, and she was raised in a martial lifestyle to fulfill this obligation. At a young age, she was schooled in the ways of the Eastern Sword, the bow, as well as basic elemental magics - the latter which she struggled in. This, along with her general education from her personal tutor allowed her admittance into the Garzmaldia Military Academy. Upon graduation, she went through basic training and after a probationary period in a regular unit she was granted a rank of Lieutenant.

Her time as an officer also marked the beginnings of the 'rebellion that eventually would form the Kingdom of Aserand. She was assigned to the newly formed 'Fast Army' whose charge was pacification of areas that were beginning to raise arms against the Garzmaldia. This force was dispatched to various hot spots and crushed any opposition that did not immediately surrender. However, these actions did not stop other areas from rising up around the banner of the Prince of Rangriz.

After a noted escalation and organization of the opposing forces, the 'fast army' was reorganized from pacification being formatted for front-line combat against the armies of the Prince of Ranzgriz with the expectation of retaking walled settlements. The 'Western Shock Army' stormed several town steads and fortresses with great losses. Further on in the war, Junko was promoted to Captain, and given command of the Armies' Artillery, where she notably trained the forces' famous 'Seige Archers' - Archers whose arrows could batter stone walls and towers into submission. She also took the lessons of the previous sieges and improved the Armies' assault tactics. For the duration of the war, the Western Shock Army enjoyed a series of victories and were one of the best performing detachments of Grazmaldia's armed forces in the final stages of the conflict. They were not able to change the course of the war, however. News arrived that the other front had faltered, and the rebel army was fast approaching the capital.

The Western Shock Army was spared from the climactic and brutal final battle in the capital after the leading general ignored the order to return home to reinforce Grazmaldia. They peacefully disbanded after the results of the final battle arrived, announcing the capitulation of Garzmaldia. The Shock Army had the unfortunate reputation of slaughtering civilians in the years following the end, mostly due in part to their early career in silencing rebels who became martyrs, and later being a force tasked with the bloody business of taking settlements. This bloody reputation still follows people who associate themselves with the old Shock Armies and thus veterans usually keep quiet about it unless asked. Despite this, Junko was thankful that the Prince of Rangriz spared a purge of the old Army's officer corps and the old nobility. She surrendered her arms, and returned home peacefully.

She returned to find that the nobility gained from her ancestors was now lost. Her family took to relocate to distant relatives who owned a quiet farmstead in Rangriz to rebuild their lives. Junko, well aware of her army's peacekeeping actions from years before, chose to remain in Garzmaldia. She was able to find simple work guarding the temples of the Church of Martel there. Jun welcomed the cessation of hostilities and war, but there was also the matter of extreme boredom. Some days, she even felt like taking breaks from her daily physical regimen and trying out the local taverns like the other guards - feeling like the world was starting to move forward and leave her behind.

However, one day. The New King Mustered all the soldiers available for an upcoming conflict, regardless of what side they were on in the previous war...

Skills and Talents:
  • Swordstress and Duelist - Junko is trained in the art of the sword in the eastern style. A distinctive curved blade that is held in both hands. She's practiced religiously for decades. In battle, she can apply water magic to her attacks to give them extra strength and versatility. It is widely popularized within her background that she has a very extensive history of engaging and winning sword duels with sparring partners and enemy officers.
  • Archer - She's been trained in the ways of the bow for as long as she has with the sword. She was also the first 'Siege Archer' and her long distance arrows can slam through armor or batter away at a wall. She's proficient enough to even fire from horseback.
  • Veteran Captain - Junko was formerly a Garzmaldian Captain. She is able to effectively lead and manage a company of soldiers, though she might be a little dusty at first.
  • Honorable - Junko's presence has an air of dignity about it. That air of dignity and the way she carries herself has an effect on conversation.
  • Noble - Having once parlanced with nobles her speech is eloquent. She's dealt with the officer politics of the old Grazmaldian army even in military school and she came out of it with a certain degree of diplomatic skill due to playing those 'games' in the past.
  • Tea Ceremony - An eastern tradition that is an artform. But to others looks like the very careful preparation of tea.
  • Miner - She had been in the process of applying her skill in seige tunneling to running a mining operation to turn her family's fortune.
  • Good Assault Infantry Commander- Junko is proficient in the tactical use of heavy battle line infantry. She is tenacious and ruthlessly persistent in battle.
    • = Special Unit: Can Train Assault Legionaries (Plumbatae) when Commanding
    • = Special Unit: Can Train Shock Blades. Requires: Master Blacksmith
  • Good Siege Commander - Junko is proficient in the tactical deployment and use of various Siege equipment. Including ladders, catapults, tunnels, and battering rams. In battle, she always comes with a general strategy in mind, but is able to rethink things on the fly - even in the chaos of battle.
    • = Special Unit: Can train Onagers when Commanding.
    • = Special Unit: Can train Siege Longbows. Requires: Logger Camp, Copper Mine
  • Skirmishing Commander- During the later open field engagements the Jun employed heavy spear infantry supported by archers. Her favored strategy was to force the enemy to throw themselves into a solid spear wall while peppering them to death with arrows as they approached and as they were inevitably forced to withdraw. Junko employed this to very lethal effect in the times she had the chance to.
    • = Special Unit: Can train Pelatast Scouts when Commanding
    • = Special Unit: Can train Garzmaldia Guard. Requires: Armor Factory or Palace

Equipment:
  • Executioner's Blade (Eastern Blade): Junko surrendered her personal sword as a token of surrender at the end of the war. This eastern blade used for corporal punishment remained in her possession taking the former's place. One can feel an unexplainable weight and aura to the sword - as if the malice and fear of the people whose lives it took have possessed it.
  • Xu (Eastern Blade): A blade that Junko won in a duel. While it is an eastern sword, it has a straight edge, and is apparently of a different variation to the one Junko uses. One can feel the ambition of it's previous owner.
  • Bois d'arc (Longbow): A bow made from an orange tree that was cut down on that land that became her family's manor. While the manor has been lost, this bow with the family crest remains as a testament to her ancestor's achievements. As it turns out, the wood the bow was made from is excellent for landing powerful arrow shots.
  • Copper Tipped Arrows: The special arrows that allow for the 'Seige Archer' effect to manifest.
  • Clay Tea Set: A plain but well loved tea set that is used for mundane occasions.
  • Formal Tea Set: A disgustingly ornate tea set that is used for formal occasions.
  • Pen and Parchment: Quill, ink, and Paper. Junko's articulate handwritten responses and correspondence make block print book seem boorish in comparison.
  • Butler: An impeccable butler who also has an 'Eastern' Appearance who was tasked to care for Junko after her family left the capital. He exists to garuntee a fresh supply of tea leaves and a certain standard of living for Junko, her horse, and equipment. He is impressively resourceful even when far out in the wilderness. Well known for an impressively groomed handlebar mustache and his luck in poker. Useless in combat however.
  • White Horse: When her family heard of her return to the battlefield they immediately sent her one of their finest horses form the village. Obedient and brave. This mare is certainly not bred for war however and is usually kept in camp. Notably aggressive against any other horse that comes near it. It has yet to receive a name.

Others:

Character Theme:
(Ran out of Voice Actors)

Relationships:
(Jun delved in some of the happenings of the previous war as new from various fronts were passed around. For the purposes of filling this section out, she happens to hear about the other characters in one way or another before their first meeting)

• Claudia Asellio - "Regrettable that she seems to have taken the fallout of the old nobility rather hard."
  • Gaius Boreau - "Absolute monster of a person, if that is correct. Despite what side he fought on previously, a 'barbarian is still as such in my eyes."
  • Thodric Burne - "Armored in almost all of the right places, I suppose."
  • Percival Tailor - "Misery is cheap entertainment. No honor in taking joy from it."
  • Aster Eiledane - "A monster whom is at least civilized enough to be tolerated. And I use civilized rather liberally here."
  • Kain Leovold - "I suppose by then the ending of the war was inevitable."
  • Solara Daulfern - "Self Made. How admirable."
  • Ral Greiger - "How Exotic..."

She's approved, you can post when you like, given events yesterday I'll be updating the lore and posting today, hopefully within the next couple/few hours.

Apologies for no response yet. I hope to have one tonight before bed, or at the very least tomorrow around noon my time (Central Time). I got a new job and have been busy with training and other things like that, as well as cleaning up my yard after a week of rain.

It's fine a good number haven't went. Next GM post is Tomorrow sometime or another. Based on the next few turns I may end this to start option two, ah well. Option two is another RP idea I had in mind but meh.

Well that is a shame but I am working on my post at the moment.

No worries, anyways GM post incoming SOON, I may either give us a chance to interact a little more, or just throw you all into hells maw, dunno, depends where my fingers take me.

Also I've made a map, I'll add it soon, once I review it a bit more.

Last edited:
@RedArmyShogun
Hey red. Sorry if this was stated somewhere in the IC... but the part about people being grouped into tables at the meeting. Was it listed anywhere where who exactly was sitting at what tables? It sounds important.

@RedArmyShogun
Hey red. Sorry if this was stated somewhere in the IC... but the part about people being grouped into tables at the meeting. Was it listed anywhere where who exactly was sitting at what tables? It sounds important.

Just the pc's are at our table, the npc's I can make up a list of who's who if need be.

Before tomorrow's GM post, are there any of you who wish to continue the conversations and interactions you are currently doing, vs a skip?

I mean I was waiting on a reply from Ehb but its whatever I guess.

I'll take a middle ground of sorts with this post.

Reactions: Quake
Actually, I'm going to skip a post this round so you all can get your replies in and such. Carry on I guess. If I see enough demand then I'll skip it ahead, otherwise..

I'm gonna get started on a reply here! ...Busy Week.