Varies, but often.
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Female
OOC & Lore located here -

*Sign ups open for the remainder then switches to Invite only, if you have an interest after this point DM me.*

The Great Sederian War; Of Ashes and Shadows

Kingdom General Military Headquarters - Rangriz

It had been a long hard trip by Horse for Claudia, though a surprisingly easy one as what few manned interior troops showed her through for having the letter alone. Being let into Rangriz and into the heart of Military Operations of the whole Kingdom.. Or at least the Foyer and onwards into the main dining hall, which while Lavish in it's own right was far from the Excess she had seen in the past, the most curious think of all were the light crystal powered lamps used to light up the area, with a huge sky light built into the roof.

Before them all however was a large spread of food, though limited in types, mostly chicken, fish, some sausages and red wine. And it was indeed before them all. People she had never seen or may have seen off handedly, a man with a scary look to him, two other women a few years younger, a swordsman missing an eye, a handsome rouge and a large mountain of a man who smelled of Iron.. Though she seriously doubted he was always a blacksmith.. There were others aside, scattered to the other tables and she herself was at the one closest to the speaking hall, looking at all the rest she seemed the least out of place for the room, yet all the same the most out of place given the present company. All around her were those left from the previous war..

At least the King and his brother didn't seem the sort to just lock them in and torch the place, right? Afterall she was given a Captain's Seal and was personally asked for and met by the Young Major.. Though he had the eyes of a Fox, he had also promised her the reinstatement to her lands, titles, of Glory and peace... Holding the wine glass up to her face, the Veteran Soldier looks at it with a mix of emotions before tilting the glass over, pouring it's contents out on the floor.

"Is there a problem Ma'am?" Looking to her left a confused steward was there as she pauses. "..Ah no.. but some water for me if you don't mind.. The Major is to be around soon, yes?" Nodding as he wiped the mess up the younger man is quickly back to his feet. "Indeed, the Lord Major was conducting a few last minute preparations and had wished for all those present to have a moment or two to greet one another, it has been a long Journey for some of you, no?"

Nodding her head in agreement, she motions to dismiss the man, as she turns to face her fellows at the table, bowing her head lightly. "Claudia Asellio, former Major, current Captain at your service... and you all are?" Sweeping her eyes across those here, she hoped the food and basic introductions or conversations they could have would be enough to hold them over till the Major finished whatever it was he was doing.

~~~~~~~

@Quake @Azurian Dream @EmperorsChosen @Orikanyo @Artorias @chaosheart13 @Jessica2477

Last edited:
Gaius Boreau // Wandering Blacksmith // Rangriz //

Standing at the main table of the banquet hall, Gaius Boreau crossed his arms and watched in silence. He hadn’t spoken since he had entered the room, nor had he consumed any of the food or drink that had been provided. As his steely gaze panned across the large room, the giant of a man shifted around uncomfortably. He had figured it was best to be respectful and had bought a dress shirt so as to appear somewhat presentable. Unfortunately, the tailors had sold him one too small for his size, and so the mammoth of a man had been forced to rip off the sleeves in order to fit into it. That shirt paired with A loose black tie was the extent the giant blacksmith had gone to in order to be polite. Now he was beginning to regret his decision.

As Gaius adjusted the hem of his shirt, he heard someone speak out. It was a female voice. Looking forwards, Gaius recognized the woman that had entered the hall not to long ago. She introduced herself as Claudia Asellio, a military Captain, and Gaius thought he might have heard of her at one point or another. Not without manners, Gaius spoke up, his voice an unnerving mix of both rumble and roar.

“Well met...Asellio. You may call me Gaius..a humble blacksmith.”
The large man tapped at a pair of metalworking tongs tucked in his pants loop. His words had been short and to the point. He had no titles or rank to introduce himself by, nor had he owned any for many years since the war. He was simply a nomad now, traveling Sederia on his own. As the blacksmith folded his arms and returned to his silence, his gaze remained steady on the Captain. He thought to ask why they had all been summoned, but decided against it as others began to speak. He was sure he would find out soon enough.

Well Aster didn't care she was stuffing her face with food and wine. ...Well, she could do without the wine and go for hard ale or beer, but god it had been so freaking long since she last ate such a good meal. She continued to munch on food and take swigs of wine every now and then, not caring how unladylike she was. Since when was she ever a proper lady? She was among the company of hardened soldiers and she could do whatever she wanted, courtesy be damned! She paused momentarily in her eating as she was addressed blinking and eyeing the woman that addressed them before her eyes narrowed. Another woman? ...Now that she thought about it, wasn't there one other woman here? A quick scan confirmed that yes, there were other women here. When did this happen? Last she checked in the military women were looked down on. She gave a couple more hardy chews before swallowing, remaining quiet for a moment before opening her mouth to speak.

"Aster. You may, perhaps, know me as Asteroc Eiledane," she said warily, might as well let the cat slip the bag if she was going to be recruited once more. She didn't care at all at this point, yes, and she had explained to the King in her own letter, yet...it was still weird there were other women here. She felt a little jealous they were able to be themselves, if at all. "Former Captain as well. Obviously my hair was shorter and I had no...'breasts' to speak of. But, things change. And no it was not by magic I am like this." With that she aggressively bit into her fish, pulling out the bones with her teeth before spitting them out on her plate. She really didn't care anymore.

Scoffing, the man with the "scary look" didn't seem very amused by the servant's information. He had made the journey here only out of necessity, and as such Theodric had little patience for pleasantries or feasts. How quaint a position they must be in to host such a banquet. That, or they were attempting to stifle any animosity had for the new crown with bribery of food and wine.

However, it appeared that one would at least take the Major's advice in minor greetings and small-talk. He recognized some of the names; vaguely. Hironeidon's forces weren't exactly known for coordination with others, and the higher up in prestige the soldier the more of a mind to ignore others. Still, if he recalled them, even somewhat, they must have been of some renown. Still...

Scowling with some disgust, though it wasn't like the man didn't always seem disgusted, he replied simply. "I am the Dragoon who hails from Hironeidon. Theodric Burne."

Kain Leovold had traveled for days to arrive in Rangriz, strapped with nothing but the clothes on his back. Cities were not something of comfort to him or were large gatherings but it was something he could deal with on his own. Such crowded areas were easy to attack, cause a mass confusion and chaos with bodies trampling one another--this was a time of war and thinking that this new King was a friend of theirs was something one could not trust until given reason to. His family was the only thing he trusted in this world and the only thing he wanted to protect.

Thoughts of his family back home quickly drifted out from his mind as he was pulled back to reality. His hand mindlessly swirling a glass of wine that had gone untouched as if it was more for looks. "Kain Leovold, former Ranger-Captain. I believe I may have ran some scouting missions for you in the past..." It was hard to remember every Officer he worked with during the war. He reported to several different Commanders during the war and moved all across the land for his jobs, his scouts.

Solara listened to each person as they introduced themselves, keeping mental notes of each person. Their demeanors and the way they spoke gave off a lot of information about how they were as people, which was giving her a good guess on how they might react to her. Well, needless to say, there was a possibility she wouldn't be making any new friends...

Aw well, better make the best out of this while she could. She was here because she received an opportunity, not because of these folks.

"Nice ta meetcha. I'm Solara Daulfern; used to lead a band of mercenaries back in the day." Her name was spoken in taverns and her mercenaries did have a good success rate, but what were the odds that any of these people would have heard of her? A few of them looked like they never stepped foot on dirt without someone polishing their shoes for them, much less into a tavern. She took a sip of her wine, letting the drink help her wash her worries away.

Claudia Asellio - Rangriz - Military HQ Dining Hall

Gazing at all of those who had spoken up, it seemed the table may have more room that what was here, frowning slightly, it had seemed mostly Peasants were here, not that this would affect their soldiering ability.. Manners on the other hand... Well, it was the place of a Noble to lead through example and to watch out for the welfare of those beneath them.. Chuckling a bit, she was taken by surprised, the most brutish looking of the lot was also the most well mannered, an important lesson to file away... Just as quickly the chuckle was gone as she reminded herself, though a well off Commoner she was now a Commoner as well.

Staring at the others as they made introductions, she addressed them all in turn; First the large giant of a man. "Curious, a Smith is it, regardless of social standing that is a job that contributes to the welfare of the people, though...curious.. At the least I can tell your arms are used to swinging heavy objects..' And just what were you before I wonder?

Next up was an somewhat uncouth girl, Aster she had called herself. Pausing to think on that a bit this one seemed rather nimble and small and with poor manners.. Beast Kin.. an Assassin? Either way the name had tugged at her a bit.. "Ah, I see, well you do seem to be enjoying the food at least, hmm?" Watching her eating habits, here was not the time nor place, and she also doubted things had been any more kinder to them, maybe, no very likely worse..

Next was the Dragoon from the frozen mountains, he seemed most unhappy with being here.. which begged the question of why.. She knew some of them had to have a general idea, maybe some were just asked to come? "Theodric is it.. Who knows, maybe you'll run into a Dragoon soon enough."

The next was a knightly looking man, his name she had heard of, mostly in wanted posters for desertion towards the end of the war.. That war and it's Government were long gone.. "Hmm.. Kain Leovold.. I may have heard of you a time or two, though you likely served some of my other fellows back then, I was in the hinterlands with the Cavalry and Heavy Infantry .. Sadly we had no Rangers, however I do think your unit was alongside mine towards the Wars end.. We kept fighting till the hill was taken, then we surrendered, by then the war was all but lost."

And lastly, another woman, this one a little on the thin side with blazing red hair. She however had heard of the name but not much else. In spite of being a Noble, or a former one at least, the woman was first and foremost a Soldier and as a result never took kindly to Mercenaries even in the best of times.

"Solara Daulfern... Mercenary Band you say?" Pondering on saying why they were here, or at least why she was here, the woman considers her options look around at the rest, it was an assorted unit, that was for sure... She knew a desperate gamble when she seen one..

Ral Greiger - Rangriz - Military HQ Dining Hall
The man did not have much of an appetite whilst in the dining hall with the others. He was mainly leaned against the wall with his arms folded before his chest. There wasn't much for him to say while the people around him introduced themselves. The only reason he returned to the Kingdom at its service was because of the summon.

The Targunian pushed himself off of the wall. It was only natural for him to give his name to the others too. "Ral Greiger. I'm from a small village called Targun." He introduced himself, but with a rather serious demeanor. He wanted to know what this all was about, and was likely not the only one who felt like that.

However, he did know of two individuals at the dining hall, or at least had heard of them. Kain Leovold and especially, Claudia Asellio. The latter being a noble once, but that was it. The frog on his head leaped down, whereas Ral extended its palm for it to land on. Simply placing it back on his head again. It was nothing one should pay much mind to.

"My name is Junko Habaki. A pleasure."

The former captain plainly introduced herself in mundane fashion. Among this motley band of curiosities, this woman, still donning her old Grazmaldia Military Academy uniform seemed rather out of place. Among the dining tables, Junko stood in place at the table, with one of her hands on the chair, but not pulling it out to seat herself nor partaking in any food or drink. It was as if she remained cautious of putting down her guard.

The real truth was that Junko Habaki was disappointed at the turnout to this mustering call.

She had been wondering what became of many of the former Grazmaldian Military Officers, however this turnout had brought out mostly the former irregular units. The fact that most of her peers had chose to abstain from arriving made her feel apprehensive about continuing with this debacle. Were the other officers honor bound to old Grazmaldia, perhaps? Unable to stomach the invitation to the old capital that is now being paraded as the centerpeice of the Lord of Randgriz' victory those years ago?

Did she make the wrong choice in coming here? Being so accepting of the loss of the war?

No. She had made peace with that fact a long time ago. After the war, she had seen Grazmaldia under the rule of the new king. Junko, like Claudia, had her life spared, but she and her family did lose their noble status. Their home, and a majority of their wealth and possessions were looted away in the chaotic aftermath of the final battle. While her family had left Grazmaldia, unable to live in their now occupied home, Junko did not go with them for personal reasons. So, for these past few years, she's worked with the Church of Martel as a Temple Guard.

If it wasn't for her daily training and discipline, she would have grown roots into the steps of the Tabacle by now, having stood at it's gates as sentry for years now. Jobs for former Grazmaldia Officers, especially a local like Junko whose exploits are known by the new administrators, were slim pickings. It was only in the Church of Martel, who couldn't particularly care of her past actions, that she was allowed to at least enjoy promotion prospects for standing guard for years on end. It was curiously harder to ascend in rank among the temple guard than it was in the old kingdom's officer corps, curiously.

The three years of that war seem like a far off memory. But even so, it was still vivid in her mind. Junko had been raised her whole life to serve in the Grazmaldian Army. Those years of combat felt like she had been answering her life's call and purpose. But it was in those long five years of peace that she felt like she was allowing her skills and education go to waste.

War was in her blood. Though the king had changed, Grazmaldia was still Grazmaldia. The chance to uphold her oath to protect it once more - to be of use in that way. This call felt like the answer she had been looking for since surrender.

Reactions: Quake
Major Valua - Claudia Asellio - Rangriz - Military HQ Dining Hall

Looking at the Easterner, Claudia had known this one...or of her at least, they were more or less of the same Status.. This one either had a lot of nerve or had lacked common sense... Either way it was nice in a manner to see a former comrade in arms. "Hmm.. Well met Junko. You I do know of. It's a shame your Unit could not be used any better than my own... Those days when the plains were torn open.. Well, what is in the past is in the past.." Looking at another glass of wine on the table, she found herself reaching towards it, but then suddenly stops as an orderly stamps his feet on the speaking platform, in a booming voice as other guardsmen snap to attention; "Regimental Commander, Ambrant Valua! ATTENTION!"

"Oh.. So finally he is here." While she knew more details than most, Claudia knew better than most to speak up in regards to it, as she offers a customary salute, towards the man who had taken her Surrender and now was of equal rank.... No, of greater.. The Brother to the King, former Minister of Security.. In armor as black as his hair and steely greyed eyes, the man walks forward with a wave of a single hand, speaking up.

"Now, now, do be at ease.." Measured step after measured step, the man stops on the speaking platform and adds a little pleasantry before getting to the point.

"Greetings to former enemies and friends, strangers and brothers.. Those who have known one another and have not. Today maybe to cheers or to laughs, for those of you who have been in the wilderness the last few years, Hiedalmire has started an Invasion of the Kingdom. This conflict would have likely came to pass regardless of who sat on the throne and with the same outcome.. That being the well drilled, equipped and motivated soldiers of Hiedalmire have came storming down from the Northern and Western fronts.

Currently in the north the line is being held at Hironeidon and a few mountain passes, while in the West..several Regiments have been shattered and the Enemy advance continues unabated. A number of your peers who were in their 40's during the last conflict have retired, died or scattered to the winds.. To put it another way, we are losing the War."

Leaving it off on that and allowing for any smug looks or cheers to pass on, or the dawning of a somber reality upon a few others, he speaks up;

"We have enough Veteran Soldiers from the previous War to hold one Front. Not Two.. Which is where you all come in, I come to you now with an offer and a plea. I have personally vouched for you all and presented this idea to the Council to give us a fighting Chance.. I aim to bolster the Forces on the Western Front with Battalions of Veterans who can stand up to the Tide of the Empire. You."

Taking a few steps as he paced the stage, to keep all eyes on him, he then points to Claudia, before speaking up once more. "Claudia Asellio, whom some of you may know, is to head the Overall Battalion Command at the Rank of Captain as my Second, till I myself am bolstered in rank, upon which her own will be restored. In line with this, you all are being offered a chance to serve and with that chance the reinstatement of Titles and of lands or status. If that is not enough you all shall be paid and a general amnesty and clemency will be given, upon which you may work in any posting or job within the Kingdom."

"If even that is not enough, well, all I can say is the Empire will not be any kinder. In addition, I have looked over most of your files, and have grouped you at the tables to show the Company formations you'll be working with.. Do we have any questions?"
Looking pointedly at the Dragon Hunter, he decides to prempt the man in advance.

"Yes, there are some Dragons in the Imperial forces."

For her part Claudia was unsure of what to do at this Juncture, but sighs softly, walking up to the stage herself now that the cat was out of the bag. Looking at the others, the Mercenary and the Eastern Swordswoman would also be good for command positions or as advisors, she wasn't so foolish to think her Cavalry and Heavy infantry tactics would be enough.

"What the Major says is true.. I was comissioned and asked to come here, with a promise that my Barony would be restored.. I also agree with him on note of the Empire, our fortunes are not likely to improve with them, they have more nobles than lands and I seriously doubt they would be keen in sharing the land."

Gaius Boreau // Wandering Blacksmith/ Rangriz//

Gaius sighed heavily and rubbed his forehead with his meaty palm, deep in thought. Another war. He had hoped he had been summoned to the capital for literally any other reason, but that was surely not the case. The aged blacksmith and former barbarian had seen his fair share of combat in his youth and during the previous war but had believed that for the most part, any sort of organized military combat was in his past. And yet now it seemed that the former Mountain King was being called back to the battlefield. Listening silently to Commander Valua’s call to action, Gaius sighed as he listened to the situation they were in. Many good men had died. More would continue to fall the longer they remained from the front lines. As Commander Valua spoke, The silent man found his thoughts wandering back to his last battle. His fall from grace. He had lead his people, the Tora, into vicious and brutal combat, massacring countless enemies in brutal fashion but losing many of his own warriors in the process. It had been a war unlike any other. Gaius knew that if he fought again it would be alone, away from those he had once called brothers. His former people would not follow him again, nor could he ever ask them to.

“Hiedalmire.” He muttered, thinking over all the information they had been given, completely ignoring any thought of reward. In truth there was nothing the Kingdom had that he wanted. The mountains of his former home would always be off limits to him. His ancient titles and ranks surely belonged to another by now. Instead, he was being given a gift. The chance to choose his death. The grizzled man knew that if he went to war once more, he would most likely not return. After all, he was older now. Hardened and wiser, but more inflexible and slower than he had been in his prime. Gaius mulled over the past couple years he had lived through. It had been a good life. A fulfilling one, and one of peace. And yet he had always felt empty. Perhaps this was what he needed; to die on the battlefield would be an honorable passage towards a final rest.

Glancing around the room to read the other attendants expressions, Gaius looked back towards Asellio, who had been introduced once more and had spoken briefly on the situation they were in as well as the unique opportunity laid before them. Interesting, the blacksmith thought to himself. After a couple moments of deep thought, Gaius came to his decision.

“Very well,” Gaius spoke up, nodding respectfully towards Commander Valua and Asellio. “I shall assist your campaign in pushing the Western front forwards against the Empire. I know the nearby mountain range quite well, and even an elite force such as the Empires would be hard pressed to pass by or through them unscathed.”

The Dragoon gave a huff in response to one of the women. He was one of those who remained standing, though whether that was out of some meager act of rebellion, an issue with being so close with the others or because he preferred to remain on his feet had yet to be determined. However, the man certainly didn't seem to care for the prospect of encountering another Dragoon. Though, perhaps that was perhaps something he was looking forward to, in a way.

"Any to be encountered are fakes or traitors that I will execute," Theodric stated gruffly.

Going silent after that, the man seemed only to be vaguely interested if directly called out. Other than that, it was clear he was simply waiting for their beloved host. When he appeared, Theodric spectated with an intense gaze that left little to be gained from. Whether he bough any of what the man said, or even cared, could not be ascertained. He appeared focused and yet somehow also wholly uninterested with all but a few points in the speech, namely Hironeidon.

Theodric cared little for the reinstatement of titles or land. He personally had never focused on such things and Hironeidon had no worry for their land being stripped due to the volatile nature of it, save for this new threat that aimed to subjugate all territories under the crown. His only aim was but to destroy the enemy that threatened his home, just as he had done thus far. Whether that enemy was Wyrm or Man was of little consequence.

At the mention of the dragons, the man's expression shifted to that of anguish. His brows furrowed and his lips parted slightly to reveal gritted teeth.

"...Wretched Wyrms... I will slaughter them all and their counterparts of Man..." The man seemed to mutter something to himself, unconcerned by the speech of those around.

Kain Leovold had stayed silent in the moments to pass as more introductions were made as the group stayed circled around their appointed table. With cup still in hand as the crimson liquid swirled around inside, its sweet juices till untouched to Kain's lips as he rarely drank and only did such a thing in social settings with those he could trust. This new Kingdom that now called his aid was someone and something he could not trust just yet as they had made idle and subtle threat that if he refused to come join the forces in the pursuit of halting the western advance then that bounty on his head for desertion just may reappear for collection.

A bad footing to gain his loyalty--at the very least in his eyes.

"I'm use to fighting outnumbered and in unfavorable odds." He spoke truthfully. As a scout he was in a squad with only a handful of men and tasked with taking out, or severely wounding Companies. His body count was extremely high for a soldier but not all those kills were done in fair combat. Traps, guerrilla tactics, whatever it took to win.

Kain had no choice but to join the company he was placed in, knowing that if the war was won, he would have to take his Family and go into hiding or worse. Lay down his life so his family could stay safe from the dogs that soldiers could be.

Aster just grunted as she ate, not giving a flip as to whether she was being judged or not. She was hungry, she was eating, what else was there to note? She paused midbite as the commander came into view and held her food for a moment before setting them down on the table. She listened with her hands clasped together behind her back as her eyes narrowed. "...Two fronts, huh...?" she murmured as her feet twitched and ached to move fancifully. Her frown was heavy as she remained silent at the report, not liking what she was hearing. She would prefer battalions but as it was now...well, make do, right? And she was a pretty good fighter, so what was the harm. The narrowing stopped and instead widened at the generosity they had just offered. It took a moment for her to catch her breath. "...That much of a reward, huh?" she laughed, "Beats dancing and 'having fun' by a long shot. I certainly accept and will lend you my swords." She gave a sharklike grin, baring her sharp teeth. "Well, when do we start moving out? The sooner we get to the frontlines, the better and less prepared the enemies will be."

Major Valua - Claudia Asellio - Rangriz - Military HQ Dining Hall

Watching as the others carried about their tasks, chiefly eating or eyeing them over, these were a defeated people.. Or maybe they just had no cause to argue, as the lady had added in, the Empire was not likely to offer a better deal. Still he had hoped for a little spirit, at least they all seemed professional about it, but it was clear to him that food and practicalities were of more use with this lot than any notions of patriotism.. then again under normal circumstances.

"Well then, I'll get to the point.. Tomorrow we are leaving for the front. For tonight we'll have a firepit with food and beer rather than these high social wares, you'll also receive your first pay stipend.. those of you with family will receive the standard soldiers aid in case of death. The armories will also be open so you can arm and gear yourselves, be reasonable with this. Otherwise in the morning I'll tell you your first assignment in detail. I can tell you however your first mission will not be easy. A Death Knight has been giving our forces trouble, we'll need him dead before we can start any sort of counter attack."

Closing that up, he glances at Claudia as he leaves the stage, muttering something another to her.

"Lodging will be ready in the Parade grounds, tents mostly, the food consists of fire roasted meat, stews and of course the beer.. I'll be around if any of you need a talk, making final arrangements for us to leave. If you are having second thoughts don't collect the pay."

With that and a slight nod of her head, the woman motions towards a pair of doors leading out the back as she leaves first to go to her command tent at the center of the field. For now getting weapons, supplies or making small talk would do before they head out the following day.

(OOC note, GM MAY make another post to get on with it if things are still going slow before this week is up)

Ral Greiger - Rangriz - Military HQ Dining Hall
The white haired Targunian kept his attention on the new arrival and the one who had gathered such an odd bunch. Some were already feasting on the food, not batting their eyes whatsoever, while others like him, listened to what this so-called Major had to say. A so-called war was approaching and the Kingdom was facing a threat.

They were all gathered there to fight for the Kingdom against the Imperial forces. They were facing threats from both the northern side and the western. Ral's purple eyes squinted at the thought of it. He did not trust the Major. The entire purpose of their invitation was to re-instate them and give them their status back. As if whatever they did in the past did not matter. As if the Kingdom was actually doing them a favor and not the other way around.

Ral simply accepted the invitation precisely because of curiosity. He wanted to see what the Kingdom wanted from them. Obviously, the village, or whatever of it that still remained in these days would be happy. They would receive resources like in the past, but it still couldn't change the bad history the Targunian's had with the Kingdom. "So we basically have no choice. Since they're coming for the Kingdom from two fronts.." He rhetorically added.

He had his doubts about the entire ordeal. Some of the others shared their concerns as well. He had no interest in returning to the status he once had, but if this could give the village some form of hope to survive, despite the many who have gone their own ways. However, at the mention of there being other dragons in the enemy forces, it got him thinking. What if some of the Targunians, humans and beast-like were working for their adversaries as well?

For the time being, it was likely best to stay with the odd bunch, or the party that had gathered at the dining hall. His other questions were answered before he could come forward and ask. Their first order of business would be to take care of a Death Knight apparently. Looking at the others, Ral was wondering how they would work together.

Ral decided to stay. He wanted to see exactly what other forces brought all of this to the Kingdom. He didn't know exactly who the enemy was, but for now, he would be staying on the Kingdom's "side". Following the once-noble woman through a pair of doors in the back, he simple left to get some supplies and see what they had in store.

He was already well-equipped to fight, but some extra supplies wouldn't hurt. While gathering such items, he glanced at the woman. "I guess you're all happy inside about regaining your status? You believe the words of the Major?" A simple question, but an important one. She likely wanted to regain the status she once had. After all, she was a noble, and likely surrounded in riches.

Gaius Boreau // Wandering Blacksmith // Rangriz //

Upon being left to their devices, Gaius headed out the hall and back outside where he had left his chuck wagon. Equipped with metal working tools, supplies, as well as a portable forge, it was equipped with everything the blacksmith owned. Grabbing onto the fashioned yoke that would normally be pulled by horse, Gaius dragged his wagon behind him around the side of the headquarters out to the parade grounds. Upon finding an appropriate space, the large man parked and began setting up his area. Most of the provided tents would be much too small for him after all. While he had no need for weapons or supplies, Giaus was rather hungry. He had only arrived to Rangriz that afternoon, and so had not had time to eat anything. Thus after his wagon was set up and finished, the man lumbered over to the food that had been provided. His meaty palms scooped up a large chunk of boar leg in one hand and a mug of beer in the other. As he turned to head back to his spot, he wondered about the others that had been in the hall and how many would stay. War was not for everyone.

Taking a seat underneath the wagon’s cloth awning, Gaius people watched while he ate. He wondered how many would fall. Not everyone would make it back, he knew. As he took a monstrous bite out of his meal, the blacksmith found his thoughts wandering as he stared off into the distance.

Claudia Asellio - Rangriz - Military HQ - Command Tent

Staring at the new arrival she laughs lightly at his questioning. "Only as much as I can get it in writing. The Kingdom needs us, they don't have enough Veteran officers left, also do keep in mind what is going on at the front.. The Prime Minister also hates this deal. The Kingdom for all it's ills allowed the cultures within it to exist to one extent or another."

Taking a glass of wine in hand, she stares at a large map of Sederian and it's various nation states, it had yet to be updated with Imperial gains however.

1567637494991.png

"The problem with the Western Front and why the Empire has reached down the Neck is the land favors an advanced from there, fortunately we can use the Aserand Sea, as the Rebels had in the previous War to move troops easily.. Knowing the major he likely intends to go back up the neck, take the northern shore and sue for peace.. Either way, do I trust him? I trust him as he is untrustworthy.. That being said I do mean to get everything in writing."

That being said, his later remark irked her slightly, though she knew full well what he was. His people were rather distinct.. "And here I thought a guard dog like you would be happy that his masters had use of his tribals once more.. To answer you, I am a noble, to regain what was lost, I would follow even the Empire if they had made the same offer first. To send people off to die again however? No.. I can't say that makes me happy, even if it is commoners, nobles or beastmen… Well maybe not the later, Orcs would be useful for this. Either way the Empire is not likely to leave our cultures alone.."

Smiling thinly she takes a glass of wine and downs it, smiling at the man as she spins it around, bit by bit. "If he is lying, then I have no problem going across the border.. Either way he was once a spy master, I'm sure he knows what happens when you betray agreements."

@Akashi

Last edited:
Junko declined the formal order to stand attention as the regimental commander arrived. Doing so at this particular moment was improper - as she had not yet fully committed to this cause quite yet. Curiously though, Lady Asellio did see it fit to owe such courtesy as she saluted his arrival.

Yes. It seemed like she had already made her decision here. The following explanations of the purpose of this mustering... the call to arms... and even the admittance of the old 'enemy' made it all the more clearer. The success of this gambit - hiring the old kingdom's vanquished individuals - was what would decide of Lady Asellio would regain her barondom. A barondom that was taken away as a result of the change in the kingdom's regime after the civil war.

Probably explained why she's been so involved with everyone during this banquet. Most certainly.

"So if you survive, you get a chance to not be destitute." Junko summarized in a soft tone of voice. Stressing the word 'chance' in particular. There was nothing particularly complicated about this setting. The new kingdom needed to be able to confront a front that was opening in the west. The problem was that there was a manpower shortage in experienced troops to answer that call to arms. The solution was to plea with the old soldiers from the previous war to bolster the ranks.

The proverbial carrot was the promise of a better life should all go well. Certainly, when the kingdom itself was potentially facing annihilation such a lofty promise was easy to make.

There was a complete array of questions to be asked. But, at this very moment, the most important one that every single attendee whom was in attendance had to answer was: 'Will you do it?'

The others at this banquet of mustering gave their responses.

The Brutish Mountain Main Gaius pledged his support. Citing that he was familiar with the terrain of their theater of war. As he spoke, Junko certainly did recall the mountain terrain of that part of the region. The Shock Army never had to tackle any of the large mountain castles in that area. The reason was simple: mounting any such assault would have been a waste during the strategic situation of that war.

The seemingly unhinged man in a hood-less cloak... Junko did her best to disregard his somewhat sociopathic sounding mumblings going on aside.

The scout, Kain. Used to fighting at a disadvantage and outnumbered. Was no stranger to what they were all being asked to face down against.

Aster. Uncouth and undignified in all aspects did not even warrant a disapproving sideways glance from then noble.

Through all of this, Junko remained... uncertain. Claudia and Valua seemed to wish to hurry things along. The group was offered access to arm themselves at the armory and to report to the parade grounds for promises of... more food. Oh, and something about a rather uninspired sounding opponent called the 'Death Knight'. With all that said, they departed. Allowing the others whom remained unsaid, like Junko to decide.

The former Captain remained distrustful of the food. She left for the Armory, where she was met with surprise.

It was still glinting, just like on the day she had surrendered it.

Junko had taken the familiar looking eastern sword as soon as she found it, mounted along with the other 'war trophies or weapon oddities stacked away in a corner. She knew that this foreign looking eastern blade was hers, but to be sure, she had to see if the seal was still there. Turning it around, she found it.

In brass, dulled form time out in the field, a flying eagle carrying lightning in it's very talons. This weapon with the Western Shock Army Emblem ornament was most certainly her weapon from the war. The last she saw of it was after submitting it as a token of surrender after the conflict ended. The officer who took it must've not wanted to bother lugging home such an odd war trophy.

She put it back.

She had lost that war and already surrendered this item. Taking it up again... there was something in her honor that told her not to do it. In her mind, two scenes played against each other. A proud look of approval as she recieved it from her parents, and the sadness in their faces as she returned from the war without it.

She couldn't take it back. Not yet she couldn't.

As she continued to peruse around the armory, she came upon the stock of bows and barrels of arrows.
One arrow caught her eye.

@Quake
"Gauis Boreau."

Junko announced herself as she approached the self-proclaimed blacksmith sitting in the parade area. She immediately grabbed his attention as she set down materials for crafting something between them. She sat herself down in a pecliar way - neatly tucking her legs beneath her her on the ground.

"You said that you were capable of smithing, yes?"

The materials put between them: a plate of copper, a wooden shaft and feathers. Items needed to make arrows.

"I would like to know if you can copy this example."

Junko produced a complete arrow. Something that looked like it had been sitting in storage for a time. But, the most striking feature of it was it's copper arrowhead. Beyond the material, there was a very purposeful looking pattern on it. Outwardly it looked ornate, but the more one looked at it, the more one can imagine magic being channeled through the arrowhead. Converging to a ring of patterns midway through the arrowhead. From there, the patterns focused all paths to the tip.

A very peculiar arrow indeed.

"If you can copy it to a satisfactory level, then I'd like to commission to have some additional ones to be made."

Aster perked up immensely at the thought of roasting meat waiting for her. She hadn't had it in so long...and considering what she was beastkin of, well, meat will serve her well. "Ay, will see you then," she murmured as she hurriedly finished off the rest of her plate and wine before dumping it back on the table. The servers can clean it, right? Without a glance to the others, the girl immediately went to the armory to arm herself of any new choppy bits she could get her hands on. It was easy to find it, others were going there, but she couldn't help but grin wickedly when she saw the array of weapons just for them. "Perfect," she purred as she began to survey them with a critical eye, occasionally taking one in hand and testing them out in the air. She could tell others were avoiding being hit by her swings, much to her amusement. Though none of these weapons were...her. Either too light or two heavy or didn't make the right sound in the air. It wasn't until her eyes fell on a short curved sword that she looked keenly at it. Despite her misgivings, she took it in her grasp and swung it. A smile crept onto her face. "Perfect. Now do you have a twin?" she murmured as she looked for another like it. Thankfully there were more nearby and a few tests gave the sword a twin. She could help but laugh as she began to attach them to her belt. "Excellent, a couple of hidden knives and daggers and I should be good~" she purred as she went to find some good ones. Those who looked to be swift thieves were already pocketing the goods so she had to be quick and selective of the ones she wanted. Still, she managed to get a good array of weapons on her once she was done and Aster strolled out of the armory, confident of the weapons she chose.

The girl made a beeline for the fire pits and immediately snagged some roasted meat and beer, tearing into it without purchase and swigging down the beer into her gullet. "Ah, nothing like beer and roasted meat on a fire!" she cackled, knowing that people were giving her odd looks at her demeanor. Already she felt like she was pretending to be a man again...and it was rather nice. Spying a former noblewoman and the blacksmith from before, she just grinned as she ate messily, trying to creep them out with her gaze.