THE GREAT REGISTERED MEMBERS USERGROUP COLOR VOTE FINAL ROUND!

What is your favorite choice for the register members color?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Diana

LOOK HOW CALM SHE IS
Original poster
ADMINISTRATOR
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Romance, Supernatural, Fantasy, Thriller, Space Exploration, Slice of Life
In last week's poll Hints of Green Blues won juuuuust barely! Which means the registered members group will soon get a very cyan-teal make over!

For this poll you now get to choose the final color! You can choose multiples, so pick your favorite.

And because I am an EVIL admin, I added two dark horse options. One bluey-blue and one purpley-blue. >:] Just because I do enjoy watching everyone fight to death for their color.

#64e8dd

#3cc3c5

#269ea9

#004c55

#1f3fff

#424d9a

VOTE AND MAY THE COLOR OF CHOICE WIN FOREVER WITH VIOLET BLOODY GLORY!

You are mean T_T

Only one bluey blue that makes me sad!

Stop letting everyone influence you Diana, you know deep down we all want rainbows. Even if we don't know it.

Oof, that bluey blue and darkest blue green is hard to read on thunder grey.

Only one bluey blue that makes me sad!
Hey, I'm glad there's a bluey-blue option at all! If anyone's "mean" it's not Diana, it's the voting Iwaku public.

Diana's the one who gave bluey-blue a second chance. :P

Reactions: Neobullseye
Stop letting everyone influence you Diana, you know deep down we all want rainbows. Even if we don't know it.
I SAY GIVE THE RAINBOW COLORED NAMES TO STAFF AND LET EVERYONE ELSE BE JEALOUS OF OUR FABULOUSNESS! :D

Hey, I'm glad there's a bluey-blue option at all! If anyone's "mean" it's not Diana, it's the voting Iwaku public.

Diana's the one who gave bluey-blue a second chance. :P

Yeah I know but it still is the fight. I though blue won last time. Shows me for not keeping up!

#1f3fff

Is so horrible on a dark background. Please, don't choose this color, I don't know why it's second. :(

Or just rainbow for admins? >:3

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Mid
#1f3fff

Is so horrible on a dark background. Please, don't choose this color, I don't know why it's second. :(
I have a black background, but it seems to work fine for me. :/

Reactions: Jade
#1f3fff

I can see it perfectly fine and I have the dark one!

I have a black background, but it seems to work fine for me. :/
Dunno, it's just hard for me to read with that kind of contrast. Maybe I'm mildly colorblind or something.

The first two are hard to see on white and light grey

Likewise, #64e8dd and #3cc3c5 are really difficult to see on the 'Grey Mist' background. :/

OK, I HAVE A THEORY AS TO WHAT'S GOING ON. @Click This

There's this weird thing I've noticed about the #0000ff color (which is similar to #1f3fff) that I've never reported to the help desk or anything because it was never really an issue, but, basically, in one of my RP's, most of the players (and myself) have been using colored dialogue in our IC posts, and two of our characters use the #0000ff color. And the weird thing we noticed is that, sometimes, this color seems to be a lot darker and less readable than it normally is. And by that I mean, when I refresh the page, there's a chance it'll be normal and a chance it'll be the weird, darker version -- and it seems to be totally random. At one point I thought it was just my monitor doing something weird, but I even took screencaps of the exact same post, once with the seemingly-normal color and another with the weird, darker version of it -- and there was a clear difference between the two screencaps. @_@

I have no idea why this happens or what's going on here, but it might explain why some members here seem to have a huge problem with the #1f3fff color on dark backgrounds while others have no problem with it. It would also explain why members are having problems with it despite the fact that @Diana said she checked to make sure that all the color options would be clearly visible on all background types. I think it might be something to look into.

The best alternative is to not let anyone have style and color choices. 8D Cause there is no way to ensure all colors look good on all styles on all computers, tablets, notebooks, and phones.

@_@ I saw the weird color thing at work just now when I went back to make a minor edit to my last post here. Look,

Normal colors:
Screen%20Shot%202016-03-28%20at%205.31.40%20PM.png

Weirdly dark and less readable colors:
Screen%20Shot%202016-03-28%20at%205.31.28%20PM.png

I really like the deep blue color, but this weird little thing is probably worth looking into @Diana. o_o

Too many green options, not enough blue v.v

Status
Not open for further replies.