The Great Fantasy

Riley sat down and looked around the inn. It was quaint and cozy, a very relaxing place. She leaned back in the chair casually, relaxing nicely. Riley sat up when Faroh came back, handing her her key. As he grabbed her hand to give her the coin purse, Riley fought back a blush that threatened her upon his touch. "Oh... Faroh, I wish I could help you pay but..." her eyes widened for a moment. "This place is Kakiriko Village?"

She laughed gently. "Lucky me! This is where my 'delivery' was supposed to go to. Granted, I was going to give it to someone back in town, but they were going to bring it here anyway. I still remember the address though."

Riley stood up. "I suppose I'll get going then. I'll be back soon and maybe... We can explore together," she suggested, smiling and turning away.

Ten minutes had past since he had left Riley downstairs, he wasn't worried about her, he knew she could handle herself, mostly. He was laying on the makeshift bed he had made himself on the floor, giving Riley the double bed to sleep in, reading a book on anatomy, and how the heart worked whilst in a living body.
"Damn" He thought to himself, as a waitress came in delivering some fresh fruits and dry meats to eat, "Thanks you" Forah called, as the woman made her way out.

He took one look out of the window into the sky, thinking, then walked up to his makeshift bed, and fell straight asleep.

Riley walked out into the road and looked around. She spotted a tavern called "Crow's Nest" and knew that that was where the man said that his 'employer' hung out.

Thankfully, everything went as she had hoped. She delivered the package and, she did get scolded for not having followed the original plan, got her money. Riley hurried back to the inn, buying a few apples along the way, and went up to the room. She found Faroh asleep on the floor and a big, double bed empty.

She knelt next to him, shaking him gently. "Hey you," she said, "You can sleep on the bed if you want." Riley's cheeks turned a little red, even though his eyes were closed and he couldn't see how nervous she had become suddenly.

Faroh awoke suddenly, Riley telling him he could sleep on the bed? "No it's okay, I made it for you anyway" he replied as he rolled over, not opening his eyes.
"There's some food over there on the cabinet, dried meats and such, I suggest you eat, you look exhausted" He said, as his eyes were on her now.
He rolled back over, back arching so he could fit under the covers, and fell back to sleep.

"But... I don't like big beds," she stated, sitting on the floor. "I ate an apple on my way here, so I'll be fine."

Riley shook her head. "I'll just sleep on the floor with you then," she said stubbornly. She crossed her arms and looked at him, though he had turned his back to her.

"Fine, fine, If you're going to sleep next to me anyway, may as well sleep in the bed" Faroh gave a sigh and stood up, stretching, he then took most of his clothes off except his undergarments, and got into the left hand side of the bed. Well, he certainly didn't feel tired now, so he tried to start conversation. "So, where did you come from Riley? I mean, if we're going to be travelling together, we need to know a little about each other." Waiting for the woman, to get in bed next to him.

Riley tossed her cloak aside and removed her boots and her shirt, leaving on her undershirt. She slipped in under the covers next to him, staring up at the cieling.

She flinched a little. "I... Don't know... For as long as I can remember, I've lived in that same town. My earliest memory... I was still young and I lived with a group of older boys, they taught me how to, well, how to be a thief." Riley laughed a little, but became serious again.

Ah, a thief eh? Made sense now, considering how they had met, strange though, this was the first female thief he had ever met, plus thieves were usually grubby, but Riley was attractive and well groomed.

With those thoughts, he closed his eyes and fell asleep, this was to be the first night in the last 200 years where he didn't awake halfway through, or have any disturbances at all.

Riley remained awake for a while, listening to his breath as he slept. Eventually, she too drifted asleep, turning onto her side and curling up against him.

She had never really spoken to anyone about her past, no one had ever asked. Riley wanted to ask about his past. She imagined he had led a long, exciting life. Or, at least, maybe he could tell her about things from the world's past.

Faroh woke early the next morning, feeling fresh and invigorated. He noticed his arm had slipped around Riley as they slept, and she had curled up next to him, this made him feel warm. Well, as warm as he could feel, after all, he was dead.

He slowly got up and git dressed, quietly leaving the room to get Riley some breakfast.

Riley woke up as soon as she heard the door close. She sat up and yawned, arching her back as she stretched.

Riley slid out of bed and sat on the edge. She walked to the window and looked out.

Faroh was in the market now, directly in front the inn, it was chilly today, he walked over to the first clothes stall he saw, purchasing a leather jacket for Riley.
He then made his way over to the food stalls, wondering what type of food she liked, as she had not touched much of it from last night.

Riley smiled when she saw Faroh walking around below. She grabbed her cloak and ran out of the inn to find him.

"Faroh!" she called, walking towards him. She was cheery that morning, having slept well.

Faroh turned to see Riley, "Hey!" he replied as she walked over, "Here, I bought this for you, as it is reasonably cold today" He handed it to her, hoping she liked it, as he did so he saw a bunch of royal guards patrolling the market square, one of them broke from the pack and looked straight at them. "I'm sorry for this." Faroh said quickly, as he pulled her close and kissed he gently on the lips, hiding their faces from the guard, he continued to do so until the guard lost interest and walked out of the market, following his comrades. Faro then took his face away from Riley, still close enough to feel her breath though "Sorry, it was the only thing I could do to prevent the guards from spotting us."

She was looking at the jacket when Faroh kissed her.

Her eyes widened and her face got hot but... She enjoyed it nonetheless.

"It's alright..." she replied, her cheeks still red. Riley smiled at him a little, "I... Like the jacket, so I might've kissed you anyway. Thank you."

Faroh noticed how red her cheeks had turned, he smiled as she told him how she might have kissed him because he had brought her a jacket, he let his thoughts trail off, forgetting he was in the middle of a market, he snapped his attention back to reality.

"Well, where do you propose we go now? We can't stay here for much longer" He said urgently

Riley smiled. "Um... Let's just go back to the inn," she said. "I'm hungry." She turned around, looking around. "We could eat and then come out and explore."She turned back to him. "Do you want to explore with me?"

"Okay, I'm not hungry though, but I'll happily sit and watch you eat" He laughed as he said this, staring into her deep eyes, he put his arms around he shoulder as they walked back to the inn, "Oh and yes, I would love to explore with you" He answered, wondering if maybe.... He had gained a friend.

"Alright, that's fine by me," Riley replied as they walked. His arm over her shoulders gave her a relaxed feeling, and she leaned into him a little. She nudged him playfully. "Anyway, Faroh, you need to tell me some things about your past. Well, if you want to at least..." she said, smiling at him.

When they got to the inn, Riley unlocked the door and stepped inside. She looked over the food he had bought the night before. "You take too much care of me, and we barely met," Riley joked. "Tonight, I'll buy you dinner."

"I'll yell you what I remember of my history, you see, when you're as old as me, and you've blocked out the memories, you tend to genuinely forget them" He replied, sitting in the bed. He then proceeded to explain how he had found out he was a vampire, when a bully had cut him at school, the blood sending him crazy killing 3 people, and how his family had kicked him out of their house, and he had no other relatives so had to wander from place to place. He looked up at Riley, wondering how she would take all this new information.