The great big Iwaku getting to know you thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diana

LOOK HOW CALM SHE IS
Original poster
ADMINISTRATOR
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Romance, Supernatural, Fantasy, Thriller, Space Exploration, Slice of Life
HELLO. I am a bunch of owls wearing a human suit, so sometimes it's hard for me to meet new people and make new friends. Ò,Ó I may be a toasted terror marshmallow but you all scare me more than I scare you. In this time of boredom when many people are trapped at home unable to go to work, school, or have social lives, I figured a big old getting to know you thread was just the trick! You're all trapped and at my mercy now.

I have here a bunch of QUESTIONS! They are just silly things, so feel free to add any extra information you'd like to share as well!

:owl:

If you are an old member, what are your first fond memories of Iwaku? If you are brand new, what kind of things are you hoping for the future?

Almost everyone that shows up to Iwaku are ROLEPLAYERS! But is there something else you're passionate about and really love to do?

The gods of roleplay have blessed you with the prophesy that your next roleplay with be your masterpiece and everything about it will be perfect. What setting and story do you choose? What is the thing that makes this roleplay your beloved masterpiece?

Zombies are coming and there is nothing we can do about it. You find yourself in a rag-tag group of survivors. What role do you take up in the group to earn your keep and help each other survive?

Finally, how do you find yourself socializing the most on Iwaku? Do you hang out in the discord? Do you like posting in gen chat? Do you only chat with potential partners in Private convos? Are you mostly just a lurker who hides in rocks and pounces out when something fun arises?

Of course I should answer my own post hum. ⊙,◡

I am Diana. I am married to Mister Gibs, my brother is Isabella Hime, and I currently have 7 cats. Two of which were not my fault. Even though I am super loud on the internet and seem to know how to be a social butterfly, I'm actually a severe introvert and interacting with people makes the weasels in my brain misbehave.

Iwaku is not my first website! In fact, I didn't even create Iwaku! O: I was invited by a friend to help with some staffing issues. Iwaku kidnapped me and I have been here ever since. My first memories of Iwaku were of hanging out in it's chatbox and having so much fun with the hot-blooded randos that it reminded me how much I loved a good community. It's a feeling I really miss, and for Iwaku's future it's something I hope to find again!

Roleplaying is my favorite thing ever, but it's my favorite thing because I am a story teller. Writing is my passion and one day I hope I can finish a novel and get it published in one fashion or another. In the meantime, my other passion happens to be creative inspiring communities and helping other people with the creative muses! I have a writing prompt site, a random generator site, and recently opened a site for fanficcers & readers who love to write.

My masterpiece dream roleplay..? It'll be a fantasy epic for sure. A sweeping slow burn romance, a betrayal that shocks everyone, the agony of loss, moments of suspenseful terror, and huge cast of amazing characters that you really get into! Each character will get to have an arc in the story, and of course the story will come in multiple books, because that's what happens in an epic.

As for a zombie apocalypse, I'm really good at collecting people and keeping them organized. I'd probably be the mom of the group that keeps everyone calm and from killing each other, and helping to find other survivors so our group is strong and stable.

AND FINALLY... I am a chat bum. I'm not really great at one on one conversations, so I get most of my socializing through hanging out on discord in a chat or attempting to post lots of topics here in General and getting people to post in them. Public spaces are safe spaces for me to roooam.

plz come be my friend. Ç◇Ç

I have been an on and off member of Iwaku since early 2017. I don't necessarily have memories of the site itself, but I did meet one of my best friends on this website. (:

Of course, roleplaying. I'm also passionate about learning different cultures, working hard, and taking care of those that I care about. I'm wicked (pardon my Masshole slang) protective of those that I love. Sometimes I cross the line, but oh well x'D . I also love animals, mainly pandas or koalas because all they want to do is eat and sleep that's the perfect life tho.

One of my most successful stories had kind of a complicated plot. My friend on another website and I have been working on it for about four years now, as of the 26th of this month actually. It's a dark fantasy/romance about how two people could bond over a materialistic item/subject. For example, one of my favorite couples met in their Art class in high school - they bonded over their love of art. Another couple met at a coffee shop and bonded over their love of coffee. Our third couple bonded over a cupcake when they were six years old because they shared the same birthday and the school accidentally made one cupcake instead of two. So the relationship blossomed as they continued through the various stages of life. They were cute af.

I'm definitely the leader in the group. I'm the one that makes sure we get to our resources safely and take account for everyone we have in the group and/or the ones we meet.

I tend to socialize the most in private messages since those are the easiest for me to keep track of. If I'm not talking to anyone, then I'm just a stump who lurks on occasion. I'm sure lots of people on this site don't know that I exist. x'D

I am Mama Dark or Dark, I been on here 3 years. Pregnant not married yet. Have two dogs and 4 soon to be step kids. Whom can annoy me and I wish I could send there asses to school. I like to voice my opinion. Extrovert and strong headed.

If you are an old member, what are your first fond memories of Iwaku? : oldish, been here through a million changes to this site and the almost complete shut down of the site

Almost everyone that shows up to Iwaku are ROLEPLAYERS! But is there something else you're passionate about and really love to do? I like to Binge watch shows, swim and do sports

The gods of roleplay have blessed you with the prophesy that your next roleplay with be your masterpiece and everything about it will be perfect. What setting and story do you choose? What is the thing that makes this roleplay your beloved masterpiece?
Post apocalyptic supernatural, world over run by the supernatural and humans are very scarce.

Zombies are coming and there is nothing we can do about it. You find yourself in a rag-tag group of survivors. What role do you take up in the group to earn your keep and help each other survive? Protector good with weapons and suck at medical or cooking

Finally, how do you find yourself socializing the most on Iwaku? Do you hang out in the discord? Do you like posting in gen chat? Do you only chat with potential partners in Private convos? Are you mostly just a lurker who hides in rocks and pounces out when something fun arises?

I tend to talk to potential people over pm and discord. Sometimes lurk for something good on the group search.

This is a cool thread! I'm going to try and answer the questions, too.

My name is Adrian, I'm 24 years old. I live in Japan and am an English teacher. I'm half-Filipino, half-Japanese. I am also an introvert.

If you are an old member, what are your first fond memories of Iwaku? If you are brand new, what kind of things are you hoping for the future?
Hmm. I've been on Iwaku since... 2016...? I don't remember the exact year, but it has been a while. I'd have to say being a staff member is one of my first fondest memories! I didn't know many people in staff, but I enjoyed the work.

I'm hoping that Iwaku becomes more active in the future. I like this site and hope more people will flock to it.

Almost everyone that shows up to Iwaku are ROLEPLAYERS! But is there something else you're passionate about and really love to do?
I love collecting postcards/writing letters and I have quite a few penpals. Writing is a lot of fun! I'm also really passionate about astronomy. I'm a huge geek and am proud of it. :)

I also love art--painting, sketching, felting, you-name-it.

A cyberpunk setting! I loved the idea I had for that one, even if my initial attempt at GMing it wasn't a success.

I'd say the characters actually feeling alive would make it a masterpiece.

Zombies are coming and there is nothing we can do about it. You find yourself in a rag-tag group of survivors. What role do you take up in the group to earn your keep and help each other survive?
Hmmm. Good question. I really like collecting and organizing things, so I would likely take a role that involves that. i.e. making sure we have enough food, supplies, etc., perhaps even organizing a base? Hell yeah, I like keeping my hands occupied.

Alas, I don't socialize on Iwaku much. I used to post in Gen chat more often, but that isn't the case anymore.

I usually just chat with my Iwaku friends over a private discord server. :)

Last edited:
Jumping on the thread train!

Heyo! itliveswithin here! You can call me Rose. I’m a twenty-five year old introverted American. Single as a pringle and I have no pets. My hobbies are baking, digital art & reading. Despite my formal grammar, I’m a friendly bean!

If you are an old member, what are your first fond memories of Iwaku? If you are brand new, what kind of things are you hoping for the future? Holy quiznak, I joined Iwaku a long time ago. I remember most of the major updates! I can’t remember the date I joined, but I’m thinking around 2010 or 2011? Maybe 2012? I scrapped the old account and started anew. My fondest memories are the group roleplays. Good times!

Almost everyone that shows up to Iwaku are ROLEPLAYERS! But is there something else you’re passionate about and really love to do? Roleplayer alert! I been roleplaying for 15+ years. An old friend recommended Iwaku and I fell in love. Iwaku is a fantastic roleplaying site, but I’m also passionate about art, coding & character design!
  • My main medium is digital art, but I also dabble in photo manipulation, pixel & traditional art.
  • I use to develop websites in college, but nowadays, I like experimenting with BBcode.
  • When I draw, I love designing characters. I have a repertoire of original characters!
The gods of roleplay have blessed you with the prophesy that your next roleplay with be your masterpiece and everything about it will be perfect. What setting and story do you choose? What is the thing that makes this roleplay your beloved masterpiece? PFF! Goodness, wouldn't that be great? Nowadays, I'm only interested in fandom or fandom-inspired topics. I love portraying canon characters. I love original characters too. While I'm open to original realms, my muse is very low. Honestly, it depends on the synopsis. Therefore, my masterpiece, if I had the opportunity, would be a Voltron: Legendary Defender setting. It would feature a crossover with Naruto, specifically a canon character transported to the Voltron realm; dimensional or time travel scenarios are my jam! With my unlimited imagination, it would be epic! Unfortunately, my cravings are horrendously niche. <//3

Zombies are coming and there is nothing we can do about it. You find yourself in a rag-tag group of survivors. What role do you take up in the group to earn your keep and help each other survive? I’m small and fast. Therefore, I would be the supply runner. Slip in, raid the stores, and get out. Keep the group stocked. I know minimum self-defense, but I’m shit at weapons. Knives, bows or guns? Someone help. <//3

Finally, how do you find yourself socializing the most on Iwaku? Do you hang out in the discord? Do you like posting in gen chat? Do you only chat with potential partners in Private convos? Are you mostly just a lurker who hides in rocks and pounces out when something fun arises? Honestly, if I don't know or befriended anyone, I avoid large Discord servers; too much anxiety, ooof. I forgot Iwaku had a gen chat, PFF! My primary source of social interaction are private conversations with my roleplay partners. On a final note, when I'm bored, I lurk under rocks and pounce like a lion.

Reactions: noodle and Diana
Originally known as Ace of Mana back in 2013 (great damn seven years ago) but just Manna in current times, now I’m just the happiest boggiest thirty two year old beast -with three hounds of hell and one off spring of mine own- in the swamp of very selective real world need to socialize and lurking in every damn chat room I’ve ever been present in. Always watching but hardly interacting. Like two big ol’ eyeballs just sitting on the top of the murky waters, I am there just... waiting. Watching. Being a voyeur perhaps. One may only guess :3

Roleplaying is something I absolutely enjoy. Not only getting a chance to develop plots and tales with equal and my god, more brilliant minded folk than myself, but as a tool to grow my own writing skills. I write often in my spare time and use this as a means to strengthen and round out the rougher edges. Whilst naturally being a timid bastard that doesn’t wanna share her stuff because my god nerves. You may hear but never look, for the relic is precious, hissss. Granted I did not start on Iwaku, but rather... MSN Chats. WAYYYY BACK! And floated around from there to dA, to some various other sites and eventually here. Which I have nested and do not leave. Other than that, some people may know I had webcomics with my husband (we are both artists, me digital. Him traditional) and we complete conventions as vendors. Fun stuff!

Masterpiece rp? Well now... man I have always, will be and forever known as a person who has a drive for the epic fantasy. Demons and beasts, great gallivanting tales of less stereotypical styling –as much as possible- but as for a masterpiece...I personally feel each one of my own with my brilliant partners has been a masterpiece. In its own right. Some greater than others, but love and time put it. So I can’t overly answer this one. The task is too large yet.

Zombies? Well we dun’ screwed! Fodder, I would so be fodder. Just make sure they roll me up like a sushi roll when they toss me out cause otherwise MAN! I am guna be useless, too terrified of spoopy things like that. Make me fodder XD

Ah, I actually very rarely partake in discord –I’m there, just lurk and watch- and incredibly rarely dip into the general stuff here either. Again, I am here just watching, have more of a difficult time getting involved simply minor discomfort of my own. But I do converse very profusely with my partners via Discord or PMs here. Animated and loud (if that can be properly used for just typing crap out on a screen), brash and really I am blunt as a dull knife. Say what I want –not in the means of being a jackhole- but open. I’d rather spend time conversing with my partners and getting to know them as I have a few people back from the start of my Iwaku days, who are very close friends now.

I’m around. A lot. Just hidden and take myself proclaimed title of Bog Queen with dignity, poise and a hell of a lot of potato chips and a couch... somewhere. Don’t ask, I don’t know either how that works in a bog.

Last edited:
Reactions: noodle and Diana
I didn't remember any of your questions. I'm not sure why I'm even here. Why is it so cold in this building all the time?

I'm 35 and very tired.

I wouldn't say I'm an old member, but I've hung around here for almost four years. Which is pretty cool :) My first fond memories...nothing specific, I guess, but this was the platform that really helped me kick off into roleplay. It's the host of my progress from one-liners into 8+ paragraph posts, which is pretty neat since I can look back on that :D

Eh. I mean, my true passion has always been writing. I wrote my first "book" at six and I still remember writing a play at eight. I have always had a vivid imagination and a desire to tell stories. Outside of that there's not much I can say I'm passionate about, but I do enjoy travelling. Road trips are the bomb. I live out in the middle of nowhere so I am always looking for an opportunity to get out and about and try new foods and activities. I especially enjoy going to Medieval Times (I live 20 hours away from the nearest one though, feels bad), and I want to attend a Ren Fair if I can sometime soon.

I already have something like that, actually :> I have an amazing partner who had to take a break for a while but ended up returning- and we are just as passionate about the story than ever. It's a medieval fantasy arranged marriage/political drama with lots of action and conflict between the main characters. The world is rich and detailed, and I feel like both our characters have become very solidified in our heads. We have actually decided to call it a rough first draft and may turn it into a book in the future!

I'm tall, lanky, half blind, and not very strong. I could probably figure out how to do a lot of rough cooking, though. And I know my way around a rifle so even if I can't hit the broad side of a barn I could try my best or teach someone with better aim how to use it. I'm also a good off-road (and on-road :P) driver and can ride motorcycles so I could be the getaway driver I guess.

Mostly I just stick to talking one on one with potential partners, but I do keep an eye on the contests and general chat areas/games and participate in those sometimes. I check the discord when the site's down XD

Reactions: Diana
I'm not sure why this is, but why not? It's been a while since I introduced myself or did much here, anyway.

I'm R-9 Pilot, somehow usually shortened to "R9" even though that's technically the ship and not the person. I'm here under an alias different from my usual because for some reason I didn't want to recognized on the off chance someone could. I'm 34, an apprentice nuclear physicist (read: grad student), and have too many distracting hobbies to really give any of them the focus they truly deserve.

I think I've been around for several years now. More than a few? It's been long enough I kinda forgot, but on just checking almost 5 years now. Sometimes I fall off the face of the site for long periods due to other stuff, though. But that's life. Legit not sure what my favorite moments are. I've been in some good things that ended too soon but were a lot of nice ideas. Haven't run into anything bad at least.

I like to draw, but I take forever because I don't usually prioritize it. Instead, I play a lot of video games (currently, a lot of Monster Hunter World). To ramble more on gaming, I like RPGs and the whole "metroidvania" style of exploration platformer. I also like shoot 'em ups, evne if I'm generally terrible and seem to lack the determination to build true skill in any given game. I also read when I have the time, and watch a lot of anime. So, pretty typical. I also really enjoy teaching physics, and it's definitely something I am passionate about. Being an educator isn't always fun, but the good moments tend to make it all worth it.

I also roleplay outside of the site quite a bit, and have an online group I've known for probably over a decade now. We play games on a weekly session schedule on IRC and such and it's always great. ...And probably still more what I'm used to compared to forums.

I...have no idea what I'd do for some sort of perfect masterpiece roleplay. Though "actually finishes by reaching the ending after hitting all the stuff i intended to do" would probably be a big part of it. And otherwise leaves me, the GM who sees all behind the scenes and is the biggest critic of the work feeling like "yep, I did this one just right." It'd probably be the true, ultimate version of my old Nanoha knock-off meets old shmup references game, because I like the magical girls and things. Or...I dunno, some sort of weird scifi epic that's somehow still anime over the top and probably silly far too often. I am honestly better at playing games than running them most of the time.

I am pretty sure I'd be the sort to just die early in a zombie apocalypse film/scenario. So run while you can before my ambulatory corpse gets you. But assuming that's not what happens, probably somewhere secondary in leadership, logistics, or figuring out how to get things back toward sustainable settlements and other fun SCIENCE! things? I dunno, my personal area of expertise would be kinda useless, but the ability to use logic and the scientific method won't go out of style.

I usually muck about on the forums. I've met some people and interact with them on discord, but I don't hang out in the big server for the entire site. I mean, I usually just have discord open and am lurking everywhere while I do other stuff anyway.

Hello y'all, I'm your friendly neighborhood goddess, Aphrodite. You may also call me Erin. I am 21, almost 22. I love plants, Digital Art, writing (OFC), and witchcraft. I have 3 puppers & 5 kitties. Their names are: Noel, Link(Dinky), Princess Zelda(Zelda-welda), Princess Aurora (Rory), Fatty Catty (Fatticus), Ravenclaw (Raven), Mystique (Mystica), and Minerva (Minnie or Min-Min). My besties on this site are @zenith (I tag you bitch now go do this) & @themysteriousashe .

✿ If you are an old member, what are your first fond memories of Iwaku? If you are brand new, what kind of things are you hoping for the future? I'm a newer member, I believe i joined last year or so. I'm hoping this site doesn't turn into a pet site for children, that's all I hope for.

❀ Almost everyone that shows up to Iwaku are ROLEPLAYERS! But is there something else you’re passionate about and really love to do? Role-player here! I've been roleplaying for about 6 years on and off. My besties and I started a group called ARPS (Advanced Role-Players Society) on the old site we were on. Gained a lot of members and few stayed around for years to come. But some were bitches and back-stabbed us. You know how it is. But I'm rambling, I really love to draw! I'm hoping to get an Ipad and Apple Pencil for my birthday this April. Then you'll see my art probably on here.

✿ The gods of roleplay have blessed you with the prophesy that your next roleplay with be your masterpiece and everything about it will be perfect. What setting and story do you choose? What is the thing that makes this roleplay your beloved masterpiece? I would love for a large Harry Potter RP. It would be set long before the trio were even born. Before the Marauders and before Voldemort. It wouldn't be like every other Hogwarts RP though, I would find a way to make it spectacular!

❀ Zombies are coming and there is nothing we can do about it. You find yourself in a rag-tag group of survivors. What role do you take up in the group to earn your keep and help each other survive? Honestly I'm not good at much. Maybe leader? I tend to be a natural leader due to being an Aries. But I'm not quite sure about this one haha.

✿ Finally, how do you find yourself socializing the most on Iwaku? Do you hang out in the discord? Do you like posting in gen chat? Do you only chat with potential partners in Private convos? Are you mostly just a lurker who hides in rocks and pounces out when something fun arises? I like to hang out in the Iwaku discord but I don't talk much. I have my own discords I talk in. I like posting in general chats but I feel left out to be honest in the Iwaku discord. But it's fine. Zenith and I are hoping to make a ARPS of some sort on Iwaku and gain some more people to join our little discord grouup! If anyone is an advanced RPer and uses realistic faceclaims, pm me and i'll interview you and see if you're a good fit!! <33

Oml... Way back when... I don't remember shit... XDDD Maybe that I did have a partner I actually "clicked" with and we made a bombass pirate x captive rp that has since left the drawing board.

CBD, Holistic Methods of Healing, Nutrition, Yoga, Meditation, Mantras and Chanting... CBD I could go on with forever oml... And... I loooove chanting...

STEAMPUNK WITH MY BELOVED MECHANIC, ESTHER!!! Some kind of war between bad guys and good guys, trying to find some crazy artifact... maybe an immortality amulet or something that can bring mana into the steampunk world and magic~~ :DDDD The character development and characters in general make this rp the fucking masterpiece!!! <3

Oh fuck. Nah. I'm dead. XDDDDD In all reality, I think I'd be good at scavenging for food LOL.

I am a private convo gal. x'D Every once in a blue moon, gen chat, but mostly private convo and discord private convo.

HI THERE! I'm Mariano, and i've been here since 2013, so i have a lot of time seeing Iwaku. Actually i have moods and i'm pretty active with my RPs when in the mood, but when taken out of it i'm shit to keep it up. I'm doing my best to not fail, though.

My first good memory would be starting a RP with a Portuguese girl, and understanding our actions all along. I'm not a great writter, but what we achieved together was great and i loved it. I still have that with 36 pages of RP, but then the great economic depression hit in spain and portugal and she lost her job, and couldn't afford internet any longer. So sad...
I RPed with her time after, but that same situation happened again since she was in a temporal job and then i belive she never conected again.
I miss u, whenever you are.

I love telling stories, just love more telling,with my voice, than writing. I love all kinds of TTRPGs and freaky activities., but my main focus is RPing.

Oh, SAMURAIs of course, or Mage: The Ascension with a cast of characters that i come and go playing. It would be an around the world battle for survival against black magick practitioners and dark gods! Mistery almost imposible to reveal, dark secrets, deep loves and characters in different shades of grey! And a final big ass apotheosis!

I'm damn strong after years of labor and i'm actually pretty big. Also been training various martial arts so i could be a strongman. But probably would be some Urban Survival guide if we're in a city i know. I'm usually the leader in many places so i might end up there.

Private convo, really not much time to socialize. But sometimes i get into this kind of threads, though nobody keeps talking after them XD

Well, Name's daemon_reaver, or daemon to most. Single, living with family and 5 feline owners. My fondest memory is probably some 1x1s with @becna , @Dittles and @QuiteContrary plus @Phantom General .Would love to get back with them. As for everything goes right? Time to swing for the goddamn fences, an epic from mythical to fantasy to lovecraft lite-esque gothic horror to urban fantasy and superheroes and finally some space opera and a bit of post-apocalyptic. As for Zombies, probably messing with any left-over tech or hit stuff hard. As for socializing, pretty much only do it via RPing.

I'm Onyx, previously known as Opal, and I'm contemplating changing my username again, because I've got a problem. You can call me Kit! I'm 28 and I live in Canada with my cat, the whiniest baby. I exclusively do one-on-one role-plays, because after much trial and error I've just come to accept I can't handle groups. I can barely handle one-on-ones most of the time. I go through fits and spurts of activity. I am not an especially interesting person. Mostly I just really love making and developing characters, throwing them into various situations and seeing what happens.

gosh I joined back in 2014...and then almost immediately buggered off for a few months without doing much lol. I guess my first fond memory is meeting the first long term RP partners I've ever made, even though she has since quit role-playing and I've fallen out of touch with her. She was wonderful, and reignited my love for the hobby. I still very fondly look back at those RPs.

the thing I find most interesting (and also overwhelming tbh) is just how much iwaku has seen me change... there are times I wish I could just start over and erase my past self from existence here, but it's also comforting to know that as much as things have so radically changed for me, good ole iwaku has stayed the same.

I am an illustrator! ... kind of! I'm trying to be anyway. I completed my first illustration job and it went terribly (ask me if I GOT PAID). But at least it was a good learning experience.

I'm also super big into mycology and house plants. I don't want to talk about how many plants I have killed, but at least the ones I have now are doing great. I play video games too! I'm not great at them, but I sure do enjoy them.

The gods of roleplay have blessed me with the cure to my insufferable social anxiety that make it nigh impossible to keep up with partners and role-plays, and makes it so I am capable of keeping a grand adventure full of world-building, drama, and monsters without fucking it up!? It's a miracle. \o/

my usual response to the zombie question is 'honestly man I'm probably the first one to go, I've got the Anxiety' but if I've proven anything to myself it's that I've got one HELL of a tenacity and will to live so I guess I take up the 'I'll help you forage and identify the right plants and shit so you don't all die from eating death caps the moment I take my eyes off of you' role.

tbh I mostly just chat with the close friends I've made (@Black_Sheep @Cosmic Fey <3) in a private discord server. I try to chat with partners in PMs too, but I am notoriously terrible at it. I used to post a lot in GC but I have not done so in quite a while. I am beyond grateful for the wonderful friends I have made here. I do not know how I managed to find people willing to not only put up with my endless shenanigans but also to, like, be my friend but I am very happy that it happened.

anyway, here's a pic of my cat having an existential crisis

Last edited:
Hi, I'm Luna. I am a grown adult who collects too much stuff (ie dolls and amiibos) and am generally lurking around most of my waking hours here because I'm practically attached by the hip to technology.

I'm not terribly old or new I've been around for a little while. My first fond memory of Iwaku was my friend inviting me and starting a roleplay with him. I don't think he's on much anymore but we talk on Discord a lot

Well, I love to play video games. I also collect and repaint dolls (specifically Hairdorables at the moment because of the big heads and lovely colored hair)

Oh man, I'd probably re-do "The Lady Warrior" for like the 5th time. The idea is some guy is out and about, stumbles on "The Lady Warrior's Crypt" and accidentally wakes her. Turns out she's actually needed, end of the world high fantasy with some light romance.

Well I don't know how useful I'll be but I can cook okay or be a runner. I've got a few tricks up my sleeve. Though with my asthma I'm not sure I'd be the best person. I got a bike though so that could help.

I'm not good with groups most of the time as I'm painfully shy. I tend to prefer private conversations and talk mostly to potential partners. I try to be as friendly as I can but I just get too anxious when it comes to reaching out >.<

I REMEMBER WHEN IWAKU WAS RUNNING OFF PROBOARDS BACK IN LIKE FUCKIN 2008 AND NO-ONE WAS ALLOWED TO DO SMUT SHIT COS THAT WOULD HAVE GOT THE FORUM YEETED. THEN SOME WEIRD LADY WITH AN OWL AVATAR PITCHED UP AND CONSPIRED WITH SOME OF THE ADMINS TO COMMIT INTERNET PIRACY, WHICH BASICALLY MEANT KIDNAPPING THE FORUM AWAY TO A PRIVATE SERVER. THAT SHIT WAS FUN. SHE LITERALLY STOLE A FORUM. DIANA'S A PIRATE QUEEN.

All of this is to say hi, my name's Grumpy, and I have been here way too fuckin long.

I remember getting linked here by a friend from another forum, thinking that it was all dumb weeb shit initially, then stumbling across this massive meta-game run by this fucking weirdo with a devil avatar that was incorporating all of these different settings and characters into this apocalyptic, Battlestar Galactica style RP. I made an account that same day, joined said game, and have been putting up with that weird dude with the devil avatar ever since. He runs good D&D, at least.

No everything is terrible and I hate it.

HA YOU'RE FUNNY DIANA, LIKE THAT'D EVER HAPPEN TO ME. I AM CURSED. CURSED.

F'real, tho, it'd be hype to be able to actually run The Machine Falters without fucking it up horribly and having to watch the whole thing crash and burn due to my incompetence.

I'm stealing all the food and leaving the others as bait to cover my escape. Fuck them, they should have thought of it first.

Diana that sounds like social interaction and you know I don't support it.

Hi, I'm Red, RedArmyShogun, Shogun, RAS, Son of a - well you get the point.. I'm a mystery woooo. If you want to know more ask. Or don't I'm not one for small talk though I tend to answer most things for the asking.

"If you are an old member, what are your first fond memories of Iwaku? If you are brand new, what kind of things are you hoping for the future?"

When the layout was made less confusing is a fond memory as before then I had to tell people "look you get used to it." I'm not brand new but still I want the old color box back. GIVE ME MY COLORS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

"Almost everyone that shows up to Iwaku are ROLEPLAYERS! But is there something else you're passionate about and really love to do?"

Hmm, Touhou, politics, news, folk lore, philosophy, space exploration, nature walks, hunting, reading, maybe writing and military matters, I also like some forms of art.

"The gods of roleplay have blessed you with the prophesy that your next roleplay with be your masterpiece and everything about it will be perfect. What setting and story do you choose? What is the thing that makes this roleplay your beloved masterpiece?"

Well my next rp is already planned but I'll keep that to myself here least I curse it. But I would like to see my rp have an end, I would if I had the option love to do my scifi space based one again. What would be the unique thing with it would be the diverse and long winded lore and free style of pick a mission.

"Zombies are coming and there is nothing we can do about it. You find yourself in a rag-tag group of survivors. What role do you take up in the group to earn your keep and help each other survive?"

On the off chance I'm not a raider that kills those I come across I would likely be an enforcer that has a lot of useless trivia like information that could help us, such as making water purifiers with sand, charcoal and five gallon buckets. I'm an alright shot.

"Finally, how do you find yourself socializing the most on Iwaku? Do you hang out in the discord? Do you like posting in gen chat? Do you only chat with potential partners in Private convos? Are you mostly just a lurker who hides in rocks and pounces out when something fun arises?"

As I noted I mostly avoid small talk, if I see something of note I'll share it. Otherwise I join discord ooc's as it's far more convenient than a thread. Often times in my own I'll install bots to have fun with and remind folks to post or I'll shoot the breeze if a topic I like comes my way (or that I dislike and will take you to the mat on) or to answer questions. You could say I'm a lurker and short of exchanging some information behind the scenes I never ever us Private Convos. In general I never felt the need nor cared much to be on the main discord and I rarely if ever post in gen Chat.

As to talking to potential rp partners, I don't do 1-on-1's. And with my general rp's my philosophy is "Give everyone a chance then judge them based on that." If I find someone difficult or unreliable there reaches a point I just won't allow them into anything or join anything made by them or that they join, or I'll remark to the GM on who is likely to flake out early. What, couldn't you tell by my interests? I'm a tortured soul that is the model NCO a bucket of angry crabs? If you like I can also pluck a chicken and scream at you "BEHOLD A MAN."

Well that's all.

Been on again off again member since like 2013 and honestly, while I don't know if it's the first but it's deffintely one of me favorites: Joining masquerade chats that had a rule against interdimentional character with an interdimentional character and not telling anyone about her (or who was even playering her) x)

Writing, drawing, wanting to start my own comic but the one time I have ample opportunity to I lose my pen for my laptop ;^;

The Dreamkiller. I've been thinking about this project off and on since like middle school and I have so much lore on it. It would be cool to make a roleplay based on this just to use up any lore that may not make it into my comic, and maybe set up some characters other than Raina and her family /o/

Probably bait. I might have a random wealth of knowledge but it's anyone's when and I'll actually be able to use it or, when I do apply it, if it'll even be useful. That, and I imagine art commissions taking a nose dive during one such event rip.

Uh apparently my little ragtag group has recently favored Discord but I also like chilling on the forums when I'm actually on.

Last edited:

I do so hope that I find role-plays where people actually stays on. I've got burned one too many times, and it sucks every single time. It's made me cold and bitter.

I'm an avid writer, who's in an indefinite hiatus seeing as I'm also an avid sleeper and lazy. But really, I do love writing, and I hope roleplaying can fire up my ambitions again.

I also love cats more than anything in the world. Fight me.

I've had this epic sci-fi quest with some fantastical elements regarding the world-composition rather than individual stuff in my head, that just never makes itself well on paper. I've tried writing novels about a million times, and it just doesn't happen. I just think I'm stuck in the world developing stage really.

It's a world in the clouds, thousands of years after the surface of the earth becomes un-inhabitable for a reason humanity can't remember (meaning I haven't come up with why yet). A larger group of people (I have a thing for group-roleplays) have to go out with a shipping vessel on a quest to see to it that the continents don't plunge down into the ground again. Which is harder than expected seeing as no one wrote down wtf to do if shit hit the fan.

I'm thinking either diesel- or Steelpunk, large machinery in the sky, and a world upheld by a magic that we can't innately control. Maybe some Treasure Planet-inspirations and such, without the cyborgs... maybe. I don't know. I need help.

I studied to be a nurse for a bit, so I know some things about medicine and treatments. I've also dated a soldier with a prepping fetisch, meaning I picked up some survival tips along the way. Otherwise, I think I'll just serve as food or something.

I'm an expert in inserting myself into discussions I've got no business in on Discord, so that's probably where you've already seen me before I ever posted anything here. Hello.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.