The great big Iwaku getting to know you thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are an old member, what are your first fond memories of Iwaku? If you are brand new, what kind of things are you hoping for the future?
Well I originally joined Iwaku back around 2011 or 2012. I don't remember exactly. I created (with some help) 2 fairly big worlds, though they didn't last as long as I'd hoped. Life. Ya know. They were This is Trium and Furpocolypse. Over the years i logged on a few times and joined in some RPs. But about 3 1/2 years ago i didn't get on anymore. Unfortunately my account itself no longer exsists so I'm starting over fresh!

Almost everyone that shows up to Iwaku are ROLEPLAYERS! But is there something else you're passionate about and really love to do?
I'm big into every kind of video games as well as MtG and Yugi-oh! In that same territory, Imma huge Anime geek and cosplayer too. I'm a cook by trade but i have an honest passion for cooking, not just as a paycheck.

The gods of roleplay have blessed you with the prophecy that your next roleplay will be your masterpiece and everything about it will be perfect. What setting and story do you choose? What is the thing that makes this roleplay your beloved masterpiece?
Honestly I'd love to be able to create a world where the characters can feel alive. Like a game world or big MMO where each character can live out there lives and feel comfortable, but those who want excitement and adventure can also happily co-exist. I want people who enjoy mystery, thriller and horror, can come to the same world as those who love Air ships, mechs and androids. Where the forests and mountains are filled with elves and magic and lore. Where anyone can join and go about their own created life and character. To either join a guild or clan and have fun, or go about quiet daily lives however they wish. My true dream.

Zombies are coming and there is nothing we can do about it. You find yourself in a rag-tag group of survivors. What role do you take up in the group to earn your keep and help each other survive?
Being Type 1 diabetic since i was 2, i always had a strict and healthy diet to follow. Being a kid who would eat almost anythig from brussel sprouts to liver and onions, my mom never had trouble getting me to eat healthy. But feeding everyone else could be difficult. So she learned to make things more edible for the family with unique seasonings and different ways to cook. I've always been small and agile but I'm a huge foodie at heart. Mom also being a Girl scout taught us a lot about fending for ourselves. What you can and can't eat or cook. Shooting, makng things like functioning Bows and arrows at 8 years old (: as well as cleaning animals and such. That type of stuff. I ended up turning cooking into my passion and work and have been cooking in different restaurants for almost 10 years professionally. So i feel like i could definitely be a hunter/gatherer as well as keep everyone fed with mostly good meals.

Finally, how do you find yourself socializing the most on Iwaku? Do you hang out in the discord? Do you like posting in gen chat? Do you only chat with potential partners in Private convos? Are you mostly just a lurker who hides in rocks and pounces out when something fun arises?
I mostly stick to group chats or the forum RP's. Its been a few years since i really kept up with Roleplay or Iwaku, so after lurking in the shadows for a bit, i hope to get more used to Discord and other such things!

Attachments

• 1595862044626.gif
    1595862044626.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 3
  • 1595862044858.gif
    1595862044858.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 0
  • 1595862045098.gif
    1595862045098.gif
  • 1595862045333.gif
    1595862045333.gif
  • 1595862045560.gif
    1595862045560.gif
  • 1595862045785.gif
    1595862045785.gif
  • 1595862046018.gif
    1595862046018.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 1
  • 1595862046249.gif
    1595862046249.gif
  • 1595862046472.gif
    1595862046472.gif
  • 1595862046692.gif
    1595862046692.gif
Reactions: Diana
I am Jackson Futane. I'm a time traveler from the year 2034, where the government has taken complete control. I seek to rebel against them and am interested in finding a partner. Please join me!

I am Jackson Futane. I'm a time traveler from the year 2034, where the government has taken complete control. I seek to rebel against them and am interested in finding a partner. Please join me!

Not until you answer the questions...

• Haha
☨Greetings my fellow writers, storytellers, and roleplayer's☨

"If you are an old member, what are your first fond memories of Iwaku? If you are brand new, what kind of things are you hoping for the future?"
"Honestly, hoping to become a more well rounded player. Lengthening my post would also be nice. I just hope to have fun most of all."

"Almost everyone that shows up to Iwaku are ROLEPLAYERS! But is there something else you're passionate about and really love to do?"
"Philosophy and food, ha. Feed the body and nourish the mind. It's an odd combo I know, but hey we can't all be winners."

"The gods of roleplay have blessed you with the prophecy that your next roleplay with be your masterpiece and everything about it will be perfect. What setting and story do you choose? What is the thing that makes this roleplay your beloved masterpiece?"
"Oh what would be my Magnum Opus? Honestly a low-fantasy, slice-of-life where the characters have similar things to the "Breakfast Club" but with magic and fantasy races."

"Zombies are coming and there is nothing we can do about it. You find yourself in a rag-tag group of survivors. What role do you take up in the group to earn your keep and help each other survive?"
"I was going to make an innuendo; but decided to go with the fact I know combat first aid, knowledge of electrical installation and repair, handy with a wrench, and my knowledge of things that if I mention my FBI agent would be watching me more regularly."

"Finally, how do you find yourself socializing the most on Iwaku? Do you hang out in the discord? Do you like posting in gen chat? Do you only chat with potential partners in Private convos? Are you mostly just a lurker who hides in rocks and pounces out when something fun arises?"
"Only time will tell honestly. I spend time on my friends server more than anything, it's just how I've socialized all quarantine. I post occasionally, if the chat is alive and I'm not busy I will say some throwed off comment and get involved. I wouldn't be opposed to chatting openly with potential partners, I guess it depends on content. I am from time to time, but like I said before it's more how busy life is."
69DDFF Sky Blue Crayola
D93A4D Lava
9D728F Mountanbatten Pink

{If you are an old member, what are your first fond memories of Iwaku? If you are brand new, what kind of things are you hoping for the future?}
New to the site, but not new to the mind. Have been into roleplaying since I was 12 (I'm 23 now). Looking forward to seeing some awesome roleplay stories, characters, settings, and ideas.

Almost everyone that shows up to Iwaku are ROLEPLAYERS! But is there something else you're passionate about and really love to do?
Playing videogames and dealing with computers and electronics in general. Very avid video game player (have since I was 4 with the N64) and have been fixing, building, recommending and diagnosing computers since I was in middle school.

The gods of roleplay have blessed you with the prophesy that your next roleplay with be your masterpiece and everything about it will be perfect. What setting and story do you choose? What is the thing that makes this roleplay your beloved masterpiece?
Ah. a legendary magnum opus of roleplay eh? Well, for me the setting would be a sci-fi fantasy setting with a mix of fantasy elements and touch a touch of romance and betrayal mixed in. Storywise, it would be about a man living in a space colony who discovers an old magic book that teaches him spells and using this is he starts a movement stating that Magic could be the future of technology. I believe this would be a perfect mix of sci-fi and fantasy and I have yet to see a movie, game, or book that combines the use of new world technology and old world magic in such a way.

Zombies are coming and there is nothing we can do about it. You find yourself in a rag-tag group of survivors. What role do you take up in the group to earn your keep and help each other survive?
Definetly scavenger or medic. I have knowledge of illness and injury treatment (family of emergency services like vehicle collision cleanup/rescue, security guard, nurse, etc) and to go out to see the world + find items that are needed/requested would be a dream for me in this situation. And yes, I take requests. Looking for a Rubiks cube? Then buddy Im gonna find you a Rubiks cube.

Finally, how do you find yourself socializing the most on Iwaku? Do you hang out in the discord? Do you like posting in gen chat? Do you only chat with potential partners in Private convos? Are you mostly just a lurker who hides in rocks and pounces out when something fun arises?
Haven't started chatting yet. GuessI would do the discord and general chat when I start however. I like to be social but I find that 1 on 1 outside of roleplaying is a bit tiresome at time but too many people can be confusing to get anything across.

If you are an old member, what are your first fond memories of Iwaku? If you are brand new, what kind of things are you hoping for the future?

I am a newish member I am hoping to have some fun roleplay with people and make some new friends. ^^

I am a writer and also love video games, board games, and art.

The gods of roleplay have blessed you with the prophesy that your next roleplay with be your masterpiece and everything about it will be perfect. What setting and story do you choose? What is the thing that makes this roleplay your beloved masterpiece?

I would choose a city but the culture is ancient while the technology is extremely advanced. I would probably go down with a romance adventure where the characters might not like or even tolerate each other at first but are stuck together despite that fact. This is a masterpiece because there are so many things you can do with it. :)

I'm the self-sacrificing person in the group who puts there team above themselves and does the crazy missions that no one else wants to do but needs to be done.

I chat with potential partners and hide in dark crevices and rocks waiting for something good.

Brand new. I am hoping to make Iwaku my new roleplay home and find some wonderful writing partners.

Before roleplaying, I used to write on my own. I still do. I would like to see some of my writing published one day if only just one book. I want to be able to look back on my writing and say I did that. I'm also big on video games.

A Medieval Fantasy about strangers coming together for an adventure, although their reasons may be different their goals in the long run are the same. The thing that makes it so special would be the characters, the world, and having a partner to share in the excitement with.

The person who can find and cook the food. You know, able to take a truffle and make a four course meal out of it. I would make sure everyone is well fed.

I'm not much of a discord person. You would see me around the boards or in private conversations on site. I may lurk a bit on occasion.

I'm hoping to find some people who share a similar love of roleplay and DND Fantasy-esque settings.

I play DND, read and write. Watch anime. Kinda boring sadly.

Personally I want to have a romantic 1on1 gay adventure with someone. Their character playing well off my bard as we roleplay and enjoy their adventures across the continent. Slowly falling in love. Moving from friends, to lovers, to genuinely in love and choosing to spend their lives together truly. It's simple, but I love it.

I'm probably the quiet one. Not the best with weapons but can cook and help with non violent stuff.

Mostly on discord. I'm bad at keeping up with forums and prefer to communicate privately. But if something fun or interesting comes up, I'll randomly show up for my 2¢!

As a brand new member, I hope that I can find a ton of great people, both roleplay-wise and personality-wise.

I am very passionate about game design, and it is something that I aspire to excel at in the future. Besides that, I love writing and drawing, and every once in a while I enjoy coding a small project to help me practice game making.

I would choose a fantasy setting, along with a story that I have been working on(Won't reveal anything yet, so too bad!). The reason that this would be my masterpiece is that this story would be something that I plan on making into either a game or an animated series. Plus, with all the time I have been putting in to perfect the world and the characters, I would definitely enjoy seeing my hard work pay off.

I would most likely be the scavenger, looking for supplies and items that would be helpful or even necessary in our survival. Either that, or I'd be the Scout, exploring the region and keeping track of everything of value or importance.

Considering that I'm a new member, I would most likely chat only in Private messages, simply because I don't know much about the site yet. I do use Discord, but I haven't used it that often recently, so either PMs here, or another site like Slack or something else. It all depends on my knowledge on the site.

The original clan/guild/group system back when I frolicked 2014 to 2015 i.e. my first years. It was a good time, the golden ages!

Good question.

I'm gonna make it a harem series that is very unsubtly a genderbent Wizard of Oz!

The guy who shoots everything.

I'm a thread guy. Group.

The best memories I have are of just hanging out in the cbox and shooting the shit with people. ChaRP is a close second, especially with the Inn.

I am weird. My passion is learning about other people's passions! I love talking with people about things they are really invested in, really interested in, and understanding what they find so fascinating about those topics. This ends up getting me interested in a VERY BROAD range of topics, ranging from astrophysics to business to poker to gastronomy and food science.

Fantasy World / Everdream Park (see my signature). This is a bit ambitious of an undertaking for me given my current situation, but I would LOVE to actually see this one through. It's heavily inspired by HBO's Westworld. Essentially it takes place in the near(ish) future, in a theme park populated by sentient androids who are indistinguishable from humans. They look, think, speak, move, eat, behave, bleed, and feel, just like humans. I love the way Westworld explored the limits (and the depths) of human nature and what it means to be real.

I'm the mediator. My job is to negotiate, to settle disagreements, and to try to help people resolve their differences so everyone can function as a team.

I'm on the Discord! I used to be in the cbox back when it was still active, but I will be posting more on Gen Chat moving forward. I'm happy to have the time to start being active again.

Uhm hi I'm new and the site told me to go here so here I am.

This isn't my first site. I rp on another forum but it is yielding few results so I thought I'd try here.

My passion and what I most rp about is anime/fandoms. Especially some niche ones that are really hard to find partners for.

I don't use discord much and it gives me anxiety so I probably won't be on there. I mostly chill in discussion threads and PMs with potential partners.

-If you are an old member, what are your first fond memories of Iwaku? If you are brand new, what kind of things are you hoping for the future?
I am so old. But always here and not here! D:< CURSE THE HERMIT LIFE. Anyways. My first fond memories of Iwaku is and always will be old cbox! Lots of fun and lots of friends made!

-Almost everyone that shows up to Iwaku are ROLEPLAYERS! But is there something else you're passionate about and really love to do?
Um. Art! But I hardly have the time to anymore! D:< Gaming! Though again, no time so I am stuck in Animal Crossing world as it's the easiest to do!
D:<

-The gods of roleplay have blessed you with the prophesy that your next roleplay with be your masterpiece and everything about it will be perfect. What setting and story do you choose? What is the thing that makes this roleplay your beloved masterpiece?
100% a fantasy themed RP that rivals the lengths of LOTR. Everyone gets a say, everyone sees how their characters develop! IT WOULD BE GRANDE.

-Zombies are coming and there is nothing we can do about it. You find yourself in a rag-tag group of survivors. What role do you take up in the group to earn your keep and help each other survive?
Most likely the gatherer or some type of helper person. No one wants me as their leader, they would die!

-Finally, how do you find yourself socializing the most on Iwaku? Do you hang out in the discord? Do you like posting in gen chat? Do you only chat with potential partners in Private convos? Are you mostly just a lurker who hides in rocks and pounces out when something fun arises?
Seeing as I've been gone for forever (again), I have no idea! I am a pro lurker tho.

But heyooo I promise I most likely won't bite~

Hey, I'm Bloo [insert the rest of the song here], I like to pretend to like long walks in/on the [insert scene here] and cats (they're fine when they aren't being a swarm of feral vermin).

Google led me to quora in a search on something pretty tenuously related, and I got the old twinge of RP nostalgia when mention of forum RP and a recommendation for this site came up, so I thought I'd drop in and take a look around.

I'm hoping to recapture some of the old magic of the mid -00s, when I was a member of TheNinja-Forum: make some characters, get invested, start posting light novel replies every few days..weeks..months..whenever I can, hate myself for having the dumbs..

I'm into animation, fantasy, supernatural, sci-fi, vidyagaemz, literature on the very rare occasion, always wanted to get into TT/PnPRPGs..

If I had to chose one setting to be my masterpiece story, it would have to be this one that came to me in a vivid dream around 10-ish years ago - a setting akin to Shadowrun (basically Cyberpunk D&D) which I dubbed "Legends of Celesti" after a little while of putting a decent chunk of it down on paper. Set in a cultivated/curated star system in a pocket dimension designed as a place for the best and brightest of the notable known races to come together in order to find a way to avert a looming cosmic apocalypse; after many generations the inhabitants gradually drifted apart, retreating into their own mostly insular worlds, their origins and purpose dissolving into mythos and legends.

I like to think I'd make a decent scout and scavenger in an apocalypse, but in the shape I'm in I'd have to go with fertilizer.. =P

Posting in gen chat, and hiding under rocks waiting to pounce out when something fun arises sounds about right, yeah..

Last edited:
Hello! My username is Nicca39! I'm a brand new member here, and I'm excited to dive into this wonderful place headfirst! <3

I'm 27 years old, and an old hand at RPing. I got my start in Warriors based RPGs, but I've expanded over the years - however, there were issues I've come upon in the old forum based RPs. Either people would leave and the sites would die, the rules would be too rigid, or I'd just not feel welcome because the site already had its member groups established. I'm hoping to find an answer to these problems here, where I can make new friends (and mayhaps reconnect with old ones if they're here) that won't leave, and I'll have more freedom to write how and what I want to.

Before I became an RPer, I was and still am an avid fanfiction writer - though these days I just write those stories for myself rather than publish them for others to read. As for the ideas about what I'd love to make my masterpiece RP, to be honest I love RPing anything! Scifi, fandom, historical, fantasy, you name it I'll RP it - so long as I can apply my imagination to it, I'm all for it!

Zombies...? Nope, I'm likely the poor sap that ends up dead haha. But on the off chance that I do survive, I'd probably be the one out exploring for good foraging places since I love to forage out in my own yard, or maybe back at base helping make plans since I like to use my imagination for my everyday life.

I mostly use Discord, but I'd be more than happy to use the gen chat too. I like to start conversations then move stuff into private chats to plot with others, but mostly I'll probably just lurk and pounce. Speaking of which, I better get into position - time to find some fun!

First joined somewhere in the mid 2000s in high school, I come in and out as the whim takes me, it's been an aaaage since this Aussie was last here, work and burnout are
a bastard.

as for zombies, it's always been my plan to go down fighting rather than survive, living in a world where most of the people I know and love are gone would suck immeasurably, and I'll leave that to others, if I take out at least 2 I've accounted for myself.

Hi my screen name is Aveline,

I am 23 years old, I had first started RP'ing orignal x1 stories back in middle school. I also used to do a lot of 1x1 RP back in high school but, in recent years lost contact with those old friends. I had come across this site while browsing a Dappervolk RP Forum. I had mostly joined the site to find like minded individuals to RP with. I remember enjoying it back in the day and I want to try again.

My hope in joining the web site is to make friends, build cool worlds, and create awesome characters we can share and dote over. If you do end up finding me on this forum please be patient with me, I am trying to relearn a lot of things. Overall, I would love to communicate and find a place were if we do end up roleplaying with one another we can discuss our preferences and limits. I hope we can make this a fun and exciting experience!

Hiya! I have gone by many names on many RP Sites, such as Zeoul, Nariata, The_Silence, MagratheanWhale, etc. Here's to the stories we will tell!

Hello, guys! I signed up quite a while ago, but this is my first time coming on here and actually doing things. I suppose I will answer the questions that have been asked!

I'm not entirely sure what I'm hoping for in the future! Honestly, just some good roleplay where people mutually consent, ask about boundaries, and that it stays going on for a while. Many threads die, and it's disappointing when you get into it.

I really love to write - that is something that I am also trying to work on, too. I also like drawing from time to time, but mostly go to work, do schoolwork, and snuggle my dog. Not much else! My life is fairly boring, lol.

Oh, definitely fantasy medieval setting - with two people falling in love, one a knight or king, and the other a servant, or squire. I have wanted to do this one for a while, but nothing sticks with people, and this is what I NEED right now.

A medic! I may or may not have memorized all of the cures for injuries in Warrior Cats, and I'm sure some of that will apply. I also just have experience patching people, including myself, up so I know what to look for, and what to do in most situations. Obviously, I wouldn't be able to do complicated surgery, but I think I'd be able to keep everyone alive for quite a while.

I haven't yet! I'm fairly certain that this is my first socialization. I didn't know where was a discord, but I might be joining in the future. I also don't know what a Gen Chat is. I usually just to private conversations with people, as it makes me feel better, for some reason? It feels more comfortable - otherwise, I am a lurker who pounces. Unless I am looking for something specific.

It's nice to meet you all!

I am an older member, but I haven't been active in a couple of years due to life's craziness. I'm trying to get back into the things I used to love, and roleplaying was one of them.

I love music, I play guitar. Albeit it's not the best, and I'm out of pratice but it's a good thing to get myself grounded.

I always choose the fantasy-action setting. It's my favorite. The story, I'm not sure about yet. I've been trying to get back to writing.

My role in the zombie apocalypse would be the makeshift doctor, but also out getting food with the group..

As I said, I haven't been back in a few years and this is my first post since signing back on.

Status
Not open for further replies.