The great big Iwaku getting to know you thread: 2021 edition!

HOOT HOO?

• (Ò◇Ó) quiet woman i posted

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Diana

LOOK HOW CALM SHE IS
Original poster
ADMINISTRATOR
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Romance, Supernatural, Fantasy, Thriller, Space Exploration, Slice of Life
GREETINGS BABBINS OF IWAKU. WHETHER YOU BE A SALTY OLD HOOT OR A NEWBLING TOASTED MARSHMALLOW OF TERROR.

I am the owlmom and making websites for people that like to write and tell stories is what I do. Ò,Ó On the surface it looks like I am a screeching dinosaur of pure horror, but I am scared of people and can only make friends by trapping you all here on Iwaku and making you roleplay! ⊙◇◉

Now I've made a NEW getting to know you thread with fresh questions, because I like refreshing things ever so often. Reply again or reply for the first time!

:owl:

What is your FAVORITE genre to roleplay in?

Talk about one of your favorite roleplay moments ever!

Let's face it, Iwaku's naughty content section is huge and a lot of us like a little romance whether it's all about the booty or just a sprinkle of it. But outside of romance and sexy stuff, what sort of elements do you like to appear in your roleplays?

Oh crap! Someone has opened has opened a doorway to another world and you just got stucked into it! What kind of world is it?

Where do you go when you're not hanging out on iwaku? Youtubes, twitch, other roleplay sites? Tell us about your favs!

I guess I'll be the first to respond here, pfft.

Hullo hullo, I'm Pav and I've been using Iwaku as my main rping site for a few years now ever since I left RPN. I'm a librarian and private tutor usually, but I'm working as language assistant on a temporary contract right now. Everyone calls me a madman for usually juggling around 10-15 multi-paragraph rps at any given time, but I can't help it, I have 0 self control LMAO

My favourite genres are fantasy, modern and apocalyptic/post-apocalyptic. Between those three, I can't really pick a favourite, if I'm being honest. another example of me having no self control and being indecisive, oops

I'm always a sucker for the found family trope in rp, or just comfort/finding non-romantic love in general. I just want characters to feel safe after all they go through (; _ ; )

When I'm not on Iwaku, I'm usually on YouTube, watching anything from cooking videos to gaming videos. Recently, I've been binging CallMeKevin's entire Sims playlist. Again. Oops. I've also been on Crunchyroll a lot recently, to rewatch Overlord and catch up with the latest season of Fruits Basket.

Reactions: Diana
What is your FAVORITE genre to roleplay in?

My absolute favorite genre is comedy! That's my #1. I generally favor more light-hearted roleplays, and comedy is a good environment for that, and for using more creative and whacky concepts that wouldn't fly in a roleplay that takes itself more seriously.

Aside from comedy, my other favorite genres include Fantasy, Anime-ish Genres like Magical Girl or Isekai, the Game/VRMMORPG genre, mystery, slice of life and dice!

Talk about one of your favorite roleplay moments ever!
Too hard to choose....

Oh crap! Someone has opened has opened a doorway to another world and you just got stucked into it! What kind of world is it?
Well, considering the usual tropes this world would be a world where my specific skills/talents/interests would be the key to solving the world's problems, nomatter how absurd a situation would be required for that to happen. That said, the only talents I recognize in myself are my creativity and my capacity to sound smarter than I really am. So we're probably talking about a world where there is an accessible means for a total stranger to get a speaking voice to some people with power, who have problems that can be solved with an out-of-the-box solution. Specifically, just a plain weird one, that requires more of a shift in perspective, and less of a re-examination of details. I imagine it would be one of those worlds with very open-ended magic, limited less by what can be done, but by the narrow-minded conception of it by the native inhabitants. My interest in magic and my kind of thinking would probably lead to new discoveries regarding the magic.

I imagine this would be a world where debates and the like would be a common way to resolve conflict. As I am very interested in philosophy and debating (and am quite opinionated), it seems to be the place where people are more culturally accepting of the idea that more abstract ideas can be life-defining. Rather than beating an enemy by force, they would be defeated by convincing them that their long drawn out philosophical justifications actually don't hold water.

Aside from that, probably pretty standard fantasy world with RPG-ish mechanics. Maybe one with some leanings towards my fetishes for niche fanservice or with some magic-based knock-offs of modern amenities.

Where do you go when you're not hanging out on iwaku? Youtubes, twitch, other roleplay sites? Tell us about your favs!
Well, there's RPN and Roleplayer's Guild (other roleplay sites I'm on), and I also watch anime, read manga, watch youtube, hang out in discord, play starcraft and shadowverse, and several more sites and roleplay I hang out it and try. I'm the curious type and so I end up trying and enjoying a lot of hobbies.

This does help support my preferred slower pace longer length style. It means even if I don't get a lot of roleplays and/or have to wait a lot for replies, I'm never without something to do.

Reactions: Diana