The God Complex Sign Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Banners actually do generate traffic. Especially if they're cool looking. As for all of our characters.... Perhaps we all meet on some sort of cruise or something. Somebody knows that all of us are different and invites us all to go somewhere.

That's kinda what I was thinking with the whole vacation/field trip kinda deal. A cruise could always work to. Just something were a group of people would gather and ironically meet up would be awesome.

That in theory could have worked, that someone invited them, but as long as a god is still asleep, they are 100% human. Even the threat they're facing can't find them even though they are looking everywhere for 25 years.

So, the alternative idea: what if there was a concert, or a festival, and it just so happens to be that these characters are all here to enjoy the show, be it willingly, or forced by other friends.
And for the ones that traveled there a long way, maybe they made it into a vacation as well.

Of course having everyone on a vacation works too, just not that it's organized to bring the reborn gods together.

As for the banners, well then I might actually look into it :)

Argh! I was wondering if this thing had died...and apparently I've not been getting alerts. How very upsetting. Anywaay, I am still alive. Loki watch out xD

Ugh I hate when that happens... Good to know you're at least still game :)

Any personal plans you might have for your character? Or ideas as to how we can get these widespread characters in one location for a couple of days?
The awakenings won't happen all at once after all. Extreme quick is within the first day of the RP, but extreme slow could be as late as a few weeks. Though that might be a bit of a far stretch. Either way, no one is bound to wak up in the first two days, so you get to play out a bit as normal characters first.

Might have to make an extreme quick character just to get some of the action going. *nods* might have to do so indeed.

Considering how different they all are, I'm wondering if an NPC is the best idea. An anonymous benefactor that knows a bit about what's going on....Who/whatever this is could send them all on a relaxation retreat that they have inexplicably won. Something like that. Maybe...

That can't be done unfortunately. As long as the gods are asleep, no one can locate the gods. They are completely human, otherwise they would have been hunted down the moment they were born and if not killed at that very moment, at least would have been kept in captivity till they did awaken.

But so far having everyone 'just so happen' to be on the same vacation trip would be plausible. And some could have won the trip, yeah, since not every character is in a position to spend a lot of money on a multi week vacation.

It'll have to be random then. The cruise idea seems the most plausible, as it can pick up from whichever countries everyone is in.

I like the idea of them all being the same vacation trip. I don't believe in such coincidences, though, and as a story writer I usually avoid them. So I'd prefer to see it as more fate than a matter of random happenings. And, given the circumstances, it makes sense.

What do you think Olissa? I think we are all in agreeance of there being a sort of vacation/fated meeting. What are your thoughts?

A vacation setting definitely is a good option to get everyone together. Of course not all the gods scattered across all the lands will be there, it's not like they're drawn there by some invisible force. But fate and chance could have brought a handful of them together here.
A cruise would definitely ensure they wouldn't be able to go anywhere, but the chance of it going down when one wakes up and their adversaries locate them is a tad too present now that I think about it. So maybe have it be that they are on one of those vacations where they tour through a country as a group, together with a bunch of NPCs I guess that way if things go bad it's not instantly life threatening for everyone that isn't awake yet.

So, a group tour as vacation, all in for that idea? It could be in the summer vacation, and in some exotic country. Or just something simple as the US or Europe.

I could go for that. My guy will either be working there, or be sent there by his parents in order to 'broaden his horizons'.

What say you, shall we get this show on the road?

By the way what's the deal with the groups by the way? Are they handy, like for keeping track of things and chatter, or are they mainly just extra work to look after and not worth the time and effort.

I'm hoping to get this RP up by tonight or so :)

Alright, instead of a tour I've made it into a stay at a hotel in Florence, Italy. Miracle Hotel.
Your character(s) can either already be present at the hotel, getting into the bus, or whatever you'd prefer. The main setting for the characters to meet would be that hotel at least.

Link to the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.