The God Complex Sign Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are more than welcome to join in :D

Good, for the most part, Soren seems a bit overly powerful. Right now she seems to be able to fight off a number of opponents on her own.

I know I hadn't listed this yet, but the threat that's killing the awakened gods (NPC's or characters made just for the sake of cannon fodder) is too strong for a single god or goddess to take on, which is why they'll need each other to survive.

As a general 'rule' I'd think having a character focus on one or two major powers would be best so there isn't too much overlap (Example Chloe: Plant growth & healing(learned later), light as a minor side factor. Example Ishtar(character not yet posted): Invoke lust upon adversaries, create an illusion of courtesans wanting the adversary to be their master. Downside: Only works on men.). Many gods govern over similar areas to minor or major degree. If we'd all use all of the aspects in the reborn gods it'd leave very little room for originality.

Most of the powers listed are very dormant if every used at all. As an Egyptian goddess back in the day she was pretty kick butt. But now her primary power is seeing dead people

Okidoki, once I'm at a laptop or PC I'll add both to the second post

Username: puck2robins.ashes
Name:
Lukas Ankerson
Mythology: Norse
God name: Loki, the God without a function, best known for his mischievous deeds and often refereed to as the God of Mischief.
Waking time: Slow
Appearance: Lukas has a very ash-blonde hair color and is often a grey shading in the light, a light brown in the dark. He has dark green eyes (similar to Jensen Ackles) with almond shaped eyes. His hair is well kept in the front, about two inches long (enough to lay flat or spike up without issues), and is longer in the back (laying just at the top of his spine). He stands at 5'10" and has a rather athletic built. He has a fair skin tone and a square shape face with a strong jaw line.
Personality: Lukas has a very... Interesting personality. 98% of the time he's a slacker, looking for a good joke. He feels that most things in life are 'too complicated' to put much effort into them. To say the least, he doesn't act his age. But the other 2% that can show up at any moment is serious, determined, and extremely stubborn. When put into a situation that he is forced to not be lazy, he follows all the rules, makes no laughing matter about it, and will get it done as quickly and as efficiently as possible. Then go back to lounging on the couch. This side of him is normally shown at home, doing all that he can to behave for his mother. He's very protective of his mother, actually, and if someone even so much as makes a "Yo Mama" joke, it will send him into a rage. He's been known to have gotten into one or two fights due to this. Despite this nature of his, he is actually an internally calm person. Even when a situation gets sticky, he doesn't really stress. His motto is, "My life is too short as it is, why should I waste my time worrying about things that are unimportant." He considers himself a quick thinker, always first to solve issues that others seem to put too much effort into figuring out. He does this though normally by trying to nap or some seeming lax activity. All at once, Lukas both cares deeply and despises people. He can love a person and completely find them annoying at the same time, but most of the time this is expressed in a whining childish tone. He can very much come off as a clingy, bothersome child. Lukas also enjoys causing problems. When he was in high school he created quite a few pranks in his school, just for the hell of it. Though never caught, he always had the blame placed on him for, well, merely being him. He very much enjoys risks and temptations, but rarely does he ever follow through. He finds it simply takes too much energy. I have also read these 17 rules completely.
History: Lukas is half-American and half-Danish, giving him some rather striking features. When he was born, his father and mother agreed on the name Lukas, known for 'light', for their son. However, two years after his birth his father left for Denmark and never returned. Being raised by a single mother all his life made things a little stressful for Lukas. As a child his mother was always working, leaving him alone at home to do most of the housework and such by himself. He didn't complain, didn't cry, and he hardly ever expressed emotion. He was a well behaved child at home. Though by the time he entered middle school, he started becoming the little troublemaker he would one day be best known for. In high school, his trouble-making only increased until the point that he was being blamed for all mischievous things that were done, his fault or not. However, at home, he was still the well behaved child he had been since childhood. At all costs, he'd stay after school or take whatever punishments were given to him in order for his mother not to know. Actually, at home he was a completely different person. He'd make meals for his mother, do whatever she said, and was the most productive person any of his friends knew. Anywhere else - he was a whining child who was lazy beyond belief. After high school, he went immediately to find a job to help his mother out. His life is mostly about work and friends, so he's just waiting for something interesting to happen.
Power: Loki had the ability to shapeshift and gender shift, something only Odin was also known to do. However, Lukas cannot do either as well as the God could. He can shift, but it literally takes all of his energy and can only be sustained for about an hour, and it is normally of small shapes. He still cannot gender shift, but later on he will be able to do minor gender shifts, which will also take almost all of his energy and last maybe twenty minutes.
Theme song: Wake Me Up - Avicii
Voice actor: Chris Evans - Captain America
Other: Lukas is actually Pagan, and worships the Norse gods and goddesses. He has two tattoos, one is a tattoo of the monster, Fenrir on his back. The other is the symbol of Odin over his heart.

Still have to work on Janus, but this is Loki for now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Username: puck2robins.ashes
Name:
Alexander Romanello
Mythology: Roman
God name: Janus, god of beginnings and transitions, endings, time, and doors.
Waking time: Average
Appearance: Alexander has auburn colored hair with grey-blue hooded eyes, that look almost a bit sad and hide behind a pair of square framed glasses. He has thick hair that is normally well kept on the sides and messy on top, normally having trouble staying down and results in him gelling it up (Kind of like this). He's 6'0" with an average built, if not a little bit of fat around his middle. Much like the rest of his family he has fair olive skin that tans well in the summer. He has an oval face shape and normally stubble can be found, no matter how often he might shave.
Personality: Alexander is a rather quiet guy. He spends a lot of his time learning and reading, and he normally gets dubbed as a nerd and bookworm. Because of this he is quite awkward, while he is a intelligent guy and can speak perfectly well, and has an issue with what is appropriate to say and what isn't. It also makes him sort of the odd-ball in his Italian family, who just about all they do is talk. He is also quite spacey. Sometimes he will think what he wants to say, or hold a whole conversation in his head with another person, when really it never happened. He quite enjoys games and puzzles, and occasionally likes to trick others into falling into his traps. He sees most things in black and white, more or less ignoring the grey areas and focusing on the facts. If someone is going to die, he will tell them exactly what death is going to feel like. He honestly doesn't know what can be hurtful or not, and thus ends up unintentionally making a lot of enemies. While he can express and feel emotions, he has a hard time with them and will generally try to avoid them since they become too complicated and un-black and white for him.
History: Born into an Italian-American family, Alexander was used to two things: rules and food. He grew up in a semi-large family, with two younger siblings. Unlike most of his siblings he focused solely on school. In high school when he start to have so-called 'visions', he was dubbed as being seriously lucky, stopping a beaker from breaking once it got to hot, or getting hit by a baseball when someone else was supposed to be hit. After high school he decided he wanted to go to college and went to an out-of-state university to learn more about space, with hopes of becoming either an astronomer later in his life or at the very least a high school astronomy teacher. Now in his third year he still has visions, those more frequent then when he was younger.
Power: Janus had the ability of prophecy, spacial manipulation, time manipulation, key to the door, and of course access and occlusion. However, Alexander is certainly not so gifted. He has the ability to see a few seconds to a minute into the future, but never at his own will. He also has the great talent of lock picking, which later will become similar to access and occlusion, allowing him to open any lock. With an a lot of mental and physical energy he can create the Key to the Door, being a make-shift portal. However, for him, it can be very dangerous and crippling to his health. I have read these 17 rules completely.
Theme song: Pompeii - Bastille
Voice actor: Jeremy Renner - Hawkeye (The Avengers)
Other: Alexander speaks Italian at an almost fluent level. When his grandparents watched him and his siblings as kids, all they did was bicker and talk in Italian. He either had to pick up on it or be completely lost on the whole subject. He also doesn't know how to work computers very well.

I'm sorry I couldn't help but burst out laughing when I saw Chris Evans for Loki's voice. Love the almost ironic twist.
Loki/Lukas is good, Janus/Alexander is marvelous. A quiet Italian, nice.
I'll add them, plus LittleRedPanda's characters as soon as I can.

Reactions: 3 people
Right?? But Chris has such a lovely voice that even whinning would sound semi-pleasing.

Okay, awesome! You're sure there isn't anything I should change or such? I was a bit worried I'd made either be too powerful.

For every somewhat stronger point you have a downfall to it, so I'd say it's relatively balanced out. Maybe be careful with the Key to the Door, but that's mainly it.

Edit:
All characters that have been made at this point are added to the listing :D

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this is acceptable, but here goes nothing.

Username: Hatsune Candy

Name: Alegra Monroe

Mythology: Greek

God(dess) name: Aphrodite

Waking time: Slightly slower than average

Appearance: She has long, golden hair that curls ever so slightly and glows in the sunlight. Her skin tone is pale white and her face is smooth and free of imperfections. The unique curve of her figure just radiates beauty greater than a supermodel's, making her irresistible. To add to this enticing look, Alegra loves to wear revealing clothes out in public, typically jean short shorts and a small red midriff. And of course, last but not least, her breasts are... of notable size.

Personality: Alegra is very seductive in nature, always looking for her next relationship (even when she's already in one). She loves to flirt and be flirted with, but is really picky about whom she chooses for a "real relationship" or one with commitment; so far no one has made the cut. Alegra also loves to be pampered and probably won't stick around for very long if you don't treat her like royalty. I have read these 17 rules completely. Curiosity runs through her veins like it did the cat and in many ways she fancies exploring the unknown. Most consider her to be extremely confident and carefree, but often times stubborn (or "persistent", as she prefers).

History: Alegra was born to a fairly normal family. As normal as normal can be anyways. Her mother had a bit of a spring fling in the 90's and ended up pregnant as a result. She married shortly before she gave birth. It made for some interesting wedding photos, that's for sure. Alegra started dating as soon as she turned 14 and since then has been through a whopping 22 relationships (though oddly still a virgin), most of them no longer than a few weeks. She's broken a lot of hearts in her time and made a lot of enemies in the process, but it's pretty obvious that she doesn't care. The moment she graduated high school, Alegra moved out of her parents' house so that she could go see the world. In other words, meet a lot of men.

Power: Her main power is her affection; she blows a kiss to a chosen ally and it increases the effectiveness of their powers for a time, however she can only use it once and on only one person per battle. Her affection can also occasionally fully heal a random ally, though it is a rare occurrence.

Theme song: "The Power of Love" - Huey Lewis & the News

Voice actor: Jennifer Lawrence[/hr]

Alegra's good, but I don't see any downsides or limitations on her powers. She can do quite a lot on her own like this without issues. Placing her besides the goddess of war and sex that I have as a back up, Alegra's a lot more powerful for example, even though their basic powers are similar.
I guess most of it is good, it probably is just the healing of the ally that feels a little out of order.

I'm gonna go ahead and edit Nephthys's powers just a bit so she has less. I feel guilty that she may be too powerful. Not that I'd abuse it but still. Her and the goddesses of love are like polar opposites so this should be.... interesting.

Edit: Finished editing it to show her weaknesses.

I'll edit my post when I can

Alegra's good, but I don't see any downsides or limitations on her powers. She can do quite a lot on her own like this without issues. Placing her besides the goddess of war and sex that I have as a back up, Alegra's a lot more powerful for example, even though their basic powers are similar.
I guess most of it is good, it probably is just the healing of the ally that feels a little out of order.
Well, I subbed out her charm ability for something that I think is better and more well-balanced, plus it fits in well with her healing ability. I'm just not so sure about her "true beauty" power, should I remove it?

If you think that is a better alternative, then sure removing the true beauty instead of the healing can work too. Whichever you think is best to make sure she isn't too self sufficient.

Awesome, when I'm at a PC or laptop I'll add her to the listing and update Nephthys as well. For now it's time for me to try and sleep night!

Sorry for my afk-ness concerning this RP, got a bit more time to spend now.
Anyway, currently kind of wondering if I should just start the RP already, or wait for a few more to join in. Does anyone know if those banners at the top actually hold some value? As in, do they actually bring people in? If so I might try that, see if we get a few more.

Also, aside from the big bad evil that is hunting and devouring awakened gods, what else would you like to do in this RP. From the bios I have a feeling the people are rather scattered across the globe, which makes it very difficult to get a good starting point. And well, it won't be protecting, running and fighting the entire time, so if there are ideas you'd like to explore, just shoot it and we'll see if we can make it work as you'd like.

I think we should wait one more day, since there have been a few days since you said sign ups would be up (for those who wanted to sign up from the interest thread)

As a starting point, our characters could meet somewhere (for whatever reason. EX. some of the kids who are still in school go on a school trip (college or high school) to said area or even others just have family vacations there. it's an idea.) and just start talking to each other. Maybe a sort of unspoken connection that makes them talk to each other in this place.

Myself personally, I'm just looking forward to developing friendships and nothing else really :D0

Status
Not open for further replies.