The Glade {Maze Runner}

Status
Not open for further replies.
"How can I not be frustrated?" mumbled Jen quietly. She looked up at him, her energy completely drained out of her. Running all day, and her claustrophobia really took a toll on her.

"Did you find anything today?" she asked him, leaning back on her chair. "Run into any Grievers?"

Parker

"Well get your butt off to the map room and I'll take care of... What was your name again?" Parker smirked as he took the Greenie by the arm giving her a walking tour of the place. "We two main buildings, the homestead and the Slaughterhouse, built by our wonderful builders to make life just a bit more... livable here." Parker decided to start with the homestead. Leading the Greenie away from the group, he looked back towards Adelaide, wishing she would maybe join him. "Here we have the homestead. Mainly just the keepers like to hang out here, but if you want you can chill on the bottom floors." Leading her to the animal pens, he took her right next to the Slaughterhouse. "This is my favorite area in the Glade. Here outside is were we keep all the livestock for foods like meat, milk, and eggs. It gets kind of boring out here but inside the Slaughterhouse is much more exciting. Oh by the way before we go inside you might want to hold your breath."
Parker opened up the doors, and walked into the main room. The room was pretty much clean, with the occasional blood stain here and there, along with a sink to keep the tools he used clean. "Here is where i work as a Slicer. We basically kill an animal or two for the week and send the meet over to the kitchens." He looked over at a pig hanging on a hook by the wall. "Tomorrow morning we are having bacon" Parker said with a smile. This place was like home. "So you have any questions so far?"

She had a point, he was frustrated himself sometimes, but he did his best to enjoy the life they had in there, which wasn't bad the whole time. He shook his head, putting his map back with the others. "Just another boring day. What about you?" asked, going back to her. He sat in a chair in front of her, sitting astride the backrest of the chair.

Either Adelaide had read Parker's mind, or she had already had plans to stay by him(or the greenie), because she followed at their sides with her usual friendly smile. "I'm Adelaide," she introduced. "Nice to meet ya, greenie."

Dragomira smiled faintly. "It's Dragomira," she replied softly. She glanced between Parker and Adelaide occasionally throughout the tour, but mainly kept her focus on her surroundings. She listened closely to Parker's descriptions, and looked around in awe. Though, her nose wrinkled upon reaching the slaughterhouse. Ew. "No.. I think I'm good. Can we go back outside, though? The smell is making me sick.."

"Tiring." answered Jenny as she rubbed her eyes. "I almost got stung by a Griever, and I just got a claustrophobia attack." she grabbed her bottle and drank it all.

"Simply jolly." Jen's voice was laced with sarcasm at the end. Her day wasn't going as smoothely as she once presumed that morning. "Sorry if I get mad or anything." she mumbled. "My day wasn't the best." she sighed. "How's the Greenie?"

"Oh, that sucks. Be careful out there. And stop getting into crowds, they are more dangerous to you that the Grievers." said to her, being serious at first, but trying to humor her with the last part. "Don't worry, we all have one of those days from time to time. Just let me know if you need anything." added with a sligthly smile. "She is probably still shocked, but she'll get use to this, as we all did. Other than that, she's ok, it didn't take her too long to get out the box and she didn't start crying yet."

Parker

Parker chuckled to himself. That was everyone's reaction to being inside the slaughterhouse. "Sure we can leave, so what you want to do now is up to you. If you want to hang with us some more you can, you could visit others around the Glade, or you can just be by yourself and think about all this for a bit. I know its hard to take it all in. Whenever the cooks call us we are going to have dinner, so eat up because tomorrow is going to be a big day for you." Looking around outside, Parker began to climb back on top of the roof of the slaughterhouse. "Wanna hang out up here for a bit?" he asked Adelaide, reaching out his hand to help her up in case she wanted to join him.

"Yeah." Jen grinned at him. "At least she didn't cry. But she still might be bewildered though." Jen stretched and yawned. "I'm going to go take a walk, see ya."

(I'm going to sleep, goodnight.)

Dragomira nodded. "Thank you... I suppose I'll see you both around," she replied, absently, before giving the two a smile and proceeding to walk away. She wandered about for a bit, before finding a tree. Instinctively, she climbed it quickly, perching on a branch and leaning back. She needed time to think...

Adelaide smiled. "I'd love to!" she replied cheerily. She gently took his hand, starting the climb, herself.

"See ya, shunk." answered, standing up as well. He went out and started walking by himself in the opposite direction. He sighed, Jen was right, they weren't close to find an exit and they would probably never will. He sat down, lying his back in a tree.

(Goodnight!)

Parker

After helping pull Adelaide up Parker walked over to his book, closing it so she couldn't see it. He hated when people read his stories, especially if they weren't finished. Parker laid down on the roof, looking up at the sky. One thing he missed that he rarely saw were clouds. The weather was always the same here, bright and shining. Looking over at Adelaide next to him he asked "Every Greenie that comes makes me feel so... I don't know i cant explain it I just feel stuck."

(Falling asleep goodnight)

Last edited by a moderator:
Charlie was taking care of yet another dead body when the horn rang. The familiar shrill made his ears ring and his head pound. He groaned. It was way too early for a headache. Especially when he still had to work. When the horn ceased, Charlie was more than relieved, returning back to the task at hand. He didn't drop everything that he was doing to see the new Greenie. He was sure he'd see them soon enough, whoever they were. He always seemed to see them the next day. Or, the day they came, just at a later time. After putting the dead body away, Charlie straightened his posture, wiping away the sweat that accumulated on his forehead. It sure was a hot one today. He wondered if the Greenie would become a Bagger. They did need some more, but Charlie wasn't exactly the social type. The teen will just have to wait and see.

[I've only ever read the last book so yeah >.<]

Last edited by a moderator:
Ayra watched the Greenie as the others fought over her and she finally landed in the hands of Parker, typical. She sighed and walked towards the map room trying to stretch along the way. When she got to the door she saw Jen and Cole both leaving, she nodded to both of them as she walked inside the Map Room. She frowned as she logged her run for the day, it just didn't make sense to her. She pulled up a chair and sat there staring a the new formation that the maze had taken on, the more she stared the more frustrated she got.

Kyle stood and started writing as soon as the door opened. He shook his head when Ashylnn asked if he had taken the picture or if she could. He always likes to be one who took the photos, they made him feel closer to the person. He wrote down everything she said and did and who helped her and how it made her react. He looked out of the corner of his eye to watch Brea leave, he shrugged, she looked like she was helping someone else. He watched as the two guys fought over her. He the watched her walk away with Parker and bit his lip. He had to go get the new Greenie so that they could take all the needed info. He ducked out of the crowd that was already dispersing. He walked around until he remembered the roof and headed up there. He cleared his throat slightly "uh, hey, can i borrow her for awhile?" He said to Parker

Parker

Parker heard the slight creaks of wood as he saw Kyle pull himself onto the roof. "I let the Greenie go off and think for a while after we finished the basic tour. I'm sorry I should have remembered you like to do a check with the newbies" Parker leaned off the edge of the roof to check if he could spot the new shank but it was no good. "You could probably go searching for her, or you could wait till her Med-Jack trial."

Ashlynn

Frustrated with Kyle she walk away, towards the Greenie, just to see her walking off with Parker. 'They are probably doing a tour or something' she thought. Everyone was moving away from the box and the food wasn't going to cook itself so she walked back to the kitchen, disappointed about not meeting the Greenie.

Adelaide followed Parker quietly, and laid beside him with a sigh of content. She glanced at him at the comment, searching his features. Though, she quickly looked back to the sky. "I understand.. We've been here so long, it feels like we'll never escape," she replied. There was a brief pause. "...but I have faith we will," she stated with confidence. She glanced over to Kyle as he got on the roof as well, giving him a small smile and a wave. She seemed confused by the request, though. "Uhh.. Me..?" she asked with confusion. Though, she quickly realized who he spoke of. "Ohh.. You're looking for the greenie, aren't you? She left a little bit ago."

Ayra frowned as she had spent the last 15 minutes studying the maps. The patterns of the mazes were always so intricate and confusing, just thinking of finding a connection made her head want to explode. She finally gave up searching and slightly rubbed her temples to get rid off her slight headache. She grabbed all the maps that she had pulled out and walked over to the large box and started to put them back in their respective places her mouth in a permanet frown. Once she finished she made sure her braid hadnt fell out in her midst of stress. When she was sure it was fine she made her way out of the map room and into the Glade the sun shining less as the day moved on, she was grateful for the slight cool breeze.

Kyle blushed "Oh. I'm sorry for intruding." He said looking away 'Idiot. You should of checked to see if it was her before blurting out that you needed to see her.' "Um..do you happen to know where she is? I mean, i would like to get all her stuff down before dinner so that i can get her intial states.." He said looking down, he didn't like being awkward but it was just something that tended to happen when he wasn't in the hospital. He fidled with the pencil nervously, he just wanted to get this sorted and squared away so he could go back to the hospital and finish up the last of the paperwork.

Adelaide smiled. "It's fine, Kyle," she assured. She tilted her head in thought. "Well... She might be wandering around. Or she could be at the homestead... Maybe the groves? That's where I went when I first arrived," she offered with an apologetic smile. "Sorry I can't be of much help.." she apologized sheepishly.

Parker

Parker couldn't help but feel sorry for Kyle. He felt kind of guilty for not taking Dragomira to see him after her tour. "Here why don't I help you look for her. I guess this stuff is kind of important to you." Parker slowly got up and made his way to the edge of the roof. "I think Adelaide is right, we should check out the groves." Parker took one step towards the ledge of the roof to jump down, but lost his balance, falling onto the ground landing on his shoulder. Trying not to show the pain he felt he winced "I think I'm alright, just landed kinda funky" The truth was his shoulder hurt a lot, but he didn't want to embarrass himself in front of the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.