The Glade {Maze Runner}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jen cringed and pulled back her hand. She looked at Brea, holding her arms tightly. Her claustrophobia was kicking in. "I'd say a track-hoe. She looks like someone who'd be with them." It was true, she had this calm aura that surrounded her.

"What do you think?" she asked Brea, then looked back at the Greenie.

Jen breathing got faster. And she held her arms tighter. After Brea's answer, she'd run out of the crowd. This was too much, she was about to hurl.

Dragomira nodded slightly, and hesitantly took Cole's hand. The glade, huh..? "Dragomira," she replied instinctively. It sounded foreign to her now, rolling off her tongue. "My name is Dragomira," she stated, softer. As if to herself. She continued glancing around at all the gladers, like a deer caught in headlights.

"I was thinking track-hoe, too," Breanne responded, finally giving up on trying to peer past all of the Gladers. She'd just have to get a good look at the Greenie when her and Kyle checked her out. Brea opened her mouth to say more, but when she looked over Jen she came to realize her friend didn't look so good. "Jen," she said, worry clear on her face, "Hey, Jen, are you alright? You don't look too hot." Brea's eyes swept over the brunette, and she instantly recognized the signs. This was one of the few perks of being a Medjack, apparently. Having the ability to know when someone's about to be sick. Her hands instinctively reached out to the other female, and she looked around for an opening path in the crowd. "Come on Jenny, you look like you're gonna puke." She said, starting to lead the way through small openings between two Gladers.

Parker

Parker was relieved to hear the bells, but not for the same reasons as everyone else. Everyone liked to rush the person, meeting them at the box and that annoyed him a little bit. When you start out as a Greenie, the last thing you want is to be overwhelmed by everyone. Instead Parker went outside, and climbed up the wooden walls of the Slaughterhouse. Instead of overwhelming this new Greenie he would lay on the roof, writing about anything that came into his head. The breeze from up here nice, and relaxed him. Every month when the new Greenie came around, it was a reminder to him of how long he had been here and it almost depressed him. That's why he liked to write. He made up stories about what life might be like on the outside, and it was his own little escape. Overhearing all the screams of excitement he caught that the new Greenie was a girl and let out a small sigh.

Ashlynn

Ashlynn's heart raced at the sound of the bells. Out of excitement she dropped the pan she was holding on the ground, getting grease all over the floor, but she didn't care. She ran out of the kitchen, putting her apron on the hook as she bursted out the door, to meet the new Greenie. She was disappointed to see that she was one of the last ones there, and the new shank was already out of the box. Ashlynn started to catch her breath and saw that she was a girl. This made her heart explode, she was so happy since the last 2 were boys. Ashlynn made her way over to Kyle "I can't wait to meet her. Do we know her name yet?" She began to almost explode with excitement when she noticed the camera in Kyle's hands "Oh my gosh have you taken the picture yet? Can i do it? Please!" Ashlynn didn't really want to take the picture, she just wanted an excuse to tell everyone to back away so she could actually meet the new Greenie.

Jenny followed her, clutching her arms even tighter. She was hyperventilating, and felt like crap. This was one of horrible things about her claustrophobia, crowds and her, don't mix. She can handle being with a few of her friends, but the whole Glade? No.

"It's my claustrophobia Brea." she manage to rush out in between breaths. "Can't." she wheezed. "Handle." wheeze. "Crowds." she breathed heavily.

Cole
She helped the greenie getting out the box. Dragomira, eh? It was an interesting name. When she was already standing outside of the box, he started pushing everyone away from her. "Come on, shanks, move away, let's give her some air." said with a strong voice, making more and more space for the newcomer. "Move away" repeated once again.

Brea nodded as she heard Jen wheeze behind her, and she reached back to grab the girl by the wrist. She weaved her way through the anxious Gladers, saying, "Excuse me," every so often. It didn't take long for them to get out of the crowd, but even then Brea didn't stop walking. She was trying to put enough distance between Jenny and the crowd. Once they were a few yards away she released Jen, and turned to get a good look at her. "Is this better, Jenny?" She asked, her voice only slightly laced with worry. The worst that could happen was Jen would puke, or possibly even pass out, but Brea was still worried.

Jen stretched her arms as high as she could and took deep breaths, one after the other. Soon enough, her wheezing stopped, but she still had to take deep breaths.

Jen smiled at Brea, thankful. "Thanks Brea. You always know how to help." She gave her a hug, and let go. "I'll just walk around. It always helps. You can go back to the box, you should introduce yourself to the Greenie."

Dragomira glanced around nervously, glad Cole was getting the others to give her some space. Sheepishly, she gave something of a small wave to the gladers surrounding her.

Cole
He took her hand and took her away from the center of the crowd where she wouldn't be sofocated, but still close to them. "Well, as I told you, you are in The Glade. In here, you'll find a lot of teenagers just like you that only remember their first names. Besides, we all have a job and..." he started telling and sighed. "I'm sorry, but I suck at this. Does anyone wants to explain the greenie where she is?" Cole said out loud, not wanting to be the one that explains their awful lives to the new girl. Besides, he needed to go to the map room. He had already seen the new one and that was everything he wanted. He could catch up on her later.

Breanne shrugged it off as Jen thanked her. That was what she was there for, after all. To help the other Gladers. "Yeah, I probably should get back," she agreed, glancing over her shoulder. "But, you swing by the Homestead if you feel dizzy or anything, alright?" Without waiting for Jen to respond, Brea turned and jogged back to the crowd. She pushed her way past people, soon catching up with Kyle and Ashylnn. Now she could see the Greenie, thanks to Cole making everyone give her some space. "I missed her name," Brea said, looking to Kyle and Ashylnn. "What was it?"

((Hey guys, I have to go to bed now, or else I'll be reluctant to get up in the morning.))

Dragomira nodded slightly, despite her lack of understanding. Nobody here remembered anything..? She merely glanced around helplessly, unsure what else she was missing about this place.

Max quickly lost interest, and returned to the slaughterhouse. After all... He had no reason to take interest in some shank of a greenie. He'd much rather be working.

Adelaide gently tried to make her way through the crowd to catch a glimpse of the greenie. She couldn't wait to greet whoever it was, with her love of people.

Parker

Parker was stuck, his brain nearly exploding, as he suffered from writers block once again. He set his book on the roof, jumped down, and started to make his way over to the box. He started looking around for anyone he knew, when his eyes fell on Adelaide, trying to make her way through the crowd. The two of them had become really good friends while trapped inside this prison of a maze. Parker came up behind her, and gently jabbed her in the side. "Hey Addie" he said with a smirk on his face. From getting to know her, one of the things he remembered was she was really ticklish. Almost chuckling he said, "So the new Greenie... I didn't catch her name what is it?"

Jen walked to the map room, where she recorded the path she ran for that day. As per usual, the map changed, once more.

"God..." she muttered as she put the map up. Would they never leave the Glade? Always in fear and in danger of the Grievers? She shook her head.

She had almost gotten caught today. It was terrifying, yes. But running around in the maze was the only taste of adrenaline, and adventure she ever had.

Jen walked outside, trying to wrap her mind around how the maze worked, and where the exit could possibly be. She started murmuring calculations while walking around the Glade, steering clear of the crowd, and the Box.

Last edited by a moderator:
The sudden jab earned a small giggle from the blonde, and she lightly and playfully slapped Parker's arm in retaliation. "H-hey! That wasn't fair, Parkerrrr!" She stated childishly with a pout, that quickly broke into a smile. "Not 100% sure. It's hard to tell without being up front. Too hard to hear over some of these loud shanks," she mused.

Parker

"Oh come on, when have i ever been fair?" Parker broke out in a smile as his eyes looked for the Greenie. Frustrated he decided to shout, "All you shanks heard Cole! Move your butts so everyone can see the new Greenie." Normally Parker wouldn't do things like this but he felt bad for the Greenie. Your first day you are always looked at like the guinea pig in a laboratory. As people started to spread out he caught a glimpse of the new girl. She seemed calm on the outside, but you could tell her mind was racing with both confusion and fear. "If you want i can show the poor shank around!" Parker wasn't very talkative to newbies but he knew his way around and wanted to help as much as he could

Cole
Cole sighed. "Well, I guess I'll just continue." said to the newcomer with a smile. "As I said, we all have jobs. We wouldn't survive otherwise. There are many positions, cookers, baggers, runners, med-jacks, and... I don't know, a bunch more. I guess you'll try all of them until you find where you belong. So, well, you'll live here from now on and you won't remember anything from your past. It doesn't sound really nice, but at least you'll have many friends. " started explaining with a friendly smile. He then added some other things like the buildings that were in The Glade, he explained about the maze and about the monsters, about the gates that closed at night and some other details about their lives. "And, maybe one of the most important things. You should NEVER get into the maze. Only the runners can. Ok?" After his big chat, Parker got near them and offered his help. Cole was realeased. "Please, do, Parker. I need to go to the map room before I forget everything."

Adelaide giggled slightly at Parker's remark. "Oh, I dunno... Never?" She teased. Her face lit up when she caught a glimpse, as well. She glanced at her friend with a smile upon him offering to help the greenie. What a sweetheart.. she thought to herself.

Dragomira's nodded slightly at Cole's explanation. "Alright.."
She couldn't help wondering why she wasn't supposed to go into 'The Maze'. However, her thoughts were turned to the Parker boy. Shank..? Was that her?

Jen went back to the map toom immediately. She looked through the maps from previous days, and tried to comprehend a pattern, a system, SOMETHING. The exit can't switch every single day, they would have found it by now. They scout theough the WHOLE maze, so one of them would have found something, at least.

"Agh!" Jen run a hand through her hair, aggravated. "When will we ever get out of this hellish place?!" she slumped into a chair, covering her eyes. Think, think, think.

Cole
He left Dragomira with Parker and ran to the map room. In there, he could see Jen really frustrated. He heard her complain about not getting out of there. Cole sighed, what was he suppose to tell her? Don't worry, we will get out without being eaten up by a Griever? That would probably just be a lie. Anyways, he approached to her with a comforting smile.
"Relax, Jen. It won't make a difference to be upset. I know that if there is a way out, we will find it." told her, trying to sound conforting, with one of his hands on her shoulder. He then separated from her to start drawing the route he took today, he would go back to Jen when he finished. As always, he remembered it perfectly. He smiled at the finished piece of map on his hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.