The Girl Who Wished To Fly..

Ari watched Arin as he walked away from her and put his head in to his head. She instantly wanted to say something to say something to make him smile again. Ari opened her mouth to say something to him but paused and watched the boy outside begin writing on the street. What was he writing? She squinted at the writing as she read it.

Ari, who really knew nothing about Arins home, instantly believed the lie. Besides, she use to know people who hated there siblings. Ari looked up back to Arin before she turned her gaze away and smiles slightly. "The boy out there, Alex, he says your guys' mom wants you to come home." She said.

Ari was a little upset that Arin might have to go. She was enjoying his company. So, instead of lookin back at Arin, she looked around the room and kept smiling. She didn't want to appear disappointed and glances back to the boy outside. Shes never really seen him and Arin walk home together, now that she thought about it.

Arin raised his head from his hands and looked dishearteningly through the window, staring out into the darkening sky unable to see Alex. Why now of all times? he shook his head, then turned back to Ari. Her words struck him deep, even if they were Alex's, Why would he bring my mother into this? His eyes intensified, showing momentary rage as he looked to Ari. But seeing her smile wiped the look from his face and returned his thoughts back to normal. He probably doesn't know... Arin shook his head, then leaned back on the couch, placing his hands behind his head and stared straight forwards while he contemplated the course of action he should take.

"I'm sure my moth-" his voice gave out on him halfway through the word. He silently scolded himself, before clearing his throat and starting again, "I'm sure my parent wouldn't mind me staying a little late." He sneered at the wall he was staring at, since he'd changed his words to speak about his father opposed to his mother. Still, even though he couldn't see Alex through the window, he could just about imagine what he was doing. Arin sighed, If I don't let him in, tomorrow will be hell. Eh, I could always just not go to school for a week until it blows over. He looked towards Ari, and his eyes saddened, But that would mean I won't be able to see Ari.

He gulped hard, then lowered his hands from behind his head and placing them on the couch beside him, not before running them through his hair, I have really weird tendencies when I'm nervous he thought to himself reminiscing on the body language he'd been doing while he thought. He turned to Ari and looked her in the eye, even if she wasn't looking at him "Would it- would it be Ok if he uhh.... came in for a little while?" He hated the words coming out of his mouth, the taste of them like venom that would lead to his death. But looking at Ari he knew that it would be much better to face the torment than to go without seeing her.

Ari pauses as she listened. She turned her head to him as he asked his question, pausing and giggling a little. His hair stuck up in the air slightly from his hand moving through his hair. "I suppose it'll be alright. And my mom won't mind she'll like knowing company came by." She said with a warm smile. Her gave moved to the boy outside briefly and smiles at him as well.

She was happy to have someone else come in, she just knew she would be rather shy to Alex and even more nervous then she already was with Arin around. She just hoped she wouldn't say something wrong or do something weird like have one of her random dizzy spells or moment where she had freak asthma attacks. Those often happened when she was overwhelmed or nervous. Her gaze moved back to Arin, then drooled her gaze so she wouldn't giggle at his hair again.

Ari slowly stood up, giving a shy smile. "Um.. Mind helping me to the door..?" She asked a little too quietly that she feared Arin might not hear her. But, she started walking a few feet on her own anyway, leaning against chairs or tables for support till she got across the room to the entryway to the living room ad leaned against the wall. She took a few deep breaths to fill her lungs with air for a moment.

Arin, who'd been watching her cross the room had only just clocked into her request, the tone of her voice so quiet that it didn't break through his thoughts for a while. His mind had begun to panic, and he was trying desperately hard not to reflect it in his body language. What will I do? He looked over his person, and for the first time was glad he'd not taken anything with him to school. The only thing he had on him was the pencil, the notebook, and one half of the rock he was using. He tossed the notebook and pencil onto the floor and kicked them under the couch, careful to make sure Ari wouldn't notice, Sure it's rude, but if Alex found it, it would be the death of me.

He blushed as his mind began to register Ari's quesiton, "Oh yeah sure." He quickly got up off the chair and hurried to her side, this time wrapping his arm around her waist. He hoped she wouldn't mind. It was more of a steadying influence for him more than anything, since he'd begun to shake ever so slightly when he got up off the couch. He took a deep breath, then looked over to Ari, "I'm sure it will be fine." He smiled, the statement sounding like he was reassuring Ari when it was in reality a thought that escaped his own mind.

I mean, I can run faster than him anyways...
Arin's shaking began to slowly halt. Why am I shaking? What kind of man shakes during this situation? He began to steady himself more, keeping his arm firmly around Ari and put on a brave front so he would be more suitable to help her to the door. He glanced over his shoulder only briefly to look at Alex. But if he catches me... Arin shook his head, averting his eyes back to Ari.

Alex smirked as the door opened and saw the frightened boy next to the fragile girl. "Who's this, little bro?" he laughed, nodding his head towards Ari and emphasizing the "little bro" in his sentence. He strolled into the house like he owned the place before placing a firm hand on Arin's shoulder and squeezing tightly, hoping it would hurt him.

Ari blushed at first when Arin put his arm around her waist, finding it to make her even more nervous then before. But when she glances to him she noticed he seemed to be shaking slightly and the arm no longer bothered her. When he spoke to her saying it will be fine she even sensed it was more for himself then for her. Gave Arin a reassured smile, hoping he would calm down a little.

Once Arin was no longer trembling she finally leaned off the wall and onto him. Ari began making her way towards the door, wondering what Alex had done to make Arin shake. She shivered herself at the thought of something violent. Ari had never liked violence and had always done her best to avoid those situations. She had only been in a fight once in elementary school an needless to say not only did she lose but it scared her so bad that even the sight of two people arguing would send her running in the opposite direction. Sure, she wasn't hurt bad during it but it still frightened her.

As they approached the door Ari unlocked and opened it for Alex. She tilted her head a little as he walked into her house, but she shrugged it off and closed the door behind her. She briefly glances to Arin then turns her attention back to Alex. Once his question registers in her mind she smiled warmly at him, holding out her hand. "I'm Ari. It's nice to meet you Alex."

"Nice to meet you too, Ari." Alex smiled, shaking the hand. Alex felt its weakness and only just clocked that the girl was as pale as a ghost. Jesus Christ, Arin was a weirdo for hanging out with her. "You got any water? I'm really thirsty." he said, hoping that the Ari would leave for him and Arin for some "alone time."

Arin began to breathe faster, seeming to have trouble keeping a cool facade until he looked to Ari, who was smiling reassuringly to him. He took another deep breath as they made their way to the door. He couldn't help but to glare at Alex when he talked though, Why did I let him in again? His mind had been completely erased by the emotions that plagued him when Alex stepped into the house. His thoughts came rushing back to him as he looked back over to Ari, who had glanced to him. When their eyes locked he remembered, Right. It's because of her.

His thoughts lightened slightly as he looked to Ari. Still, he shot daggers to Alex with his eyes, upset that he was rude enough to just stroll into her house. He was extremely on edge as Alex approached him, ready to act if he decided to try anything, even if his action was to run away, which he knew in his mind he wouldn't do since it would mean leaving Ari alone with him. So he simply stood and accepted the pain that ran through his shoulder when he dug his hands into them. He resisted the urge to cringe, instead standing tall and resisting the push slightly by moving his shoulder against it. When he asked the question, Arin began to panic, Of course she has water, and even if she didn't she would find some way to get a drink for you even if it meant getting her mom to run to a convenience store. What do I do? His eyes darted around the room as they often did when he was nervous.

As usual, he could only think clearly when he looked to Ari, "If you do have water, I'll carry it for you. I wouldn't want you to overexert yourself." He felt wrong using the offer as a form to escape being left alone with Alex, but realized that he would've helped her carry the glasses anyways. He looked to Ari, with a triumphant yet on edge look to his eyes, hoping that perhaps she would get the signal, Of course she won't she hasn't gone to school for how long. He slumped his shoulders in his stance, seemingly disheartened.

Ari looked at Arin watching as his eyes both glared at Alex and looked around nervously. Then her attention moved Alex after he he asked for water then once again back over to Arin who offered to carry it for her. She tilted her head at first and was about to tell him she had no problem getting the water herself but stopped herself when she noticed the look on his eyes. It's been a while but her friends used a look like that whenever they had to make up a clever lie to get out of trouble and wanted the others to play along.

Ari smiles Alex. "Of course I have water." Ari turns her head and points down the hall she and Arin came from. "If you don't mind, you could wait for your drink in the living room." She then looked over at Arin and smiles warmly at him. "And thank you. I'll show you where the kitchen is."

She leans against Arin again and began walking towards the kitchen taking him with her. She glances back at Alex then looks back at Arin, waiting till the other boy was out of earshot. "Arin..? You don't seem to be.. Um, that fond of Alex. Why not?" She asked him quietly, not wanting Alex to overhear her question.

Arin was happy when Ari grabbed hold of him help her down the hall, thankful that she'd accepted his offer. Maybe she does know a thing or two about subliminal signals. I mean, I guess she did go to school for a while. His nerves began to calm, and he stood more steady than he had earlier. He looked over to her, and couldn't help but to grin, Why of all people did she have to have an illness? Maybe if she'd been in my life sooner, I wouldn't be living such a crappy life.

His eyes showed warmness as he looked to her, which quickly changed to confusion when he'd heard her question, What should I tell her? Alex will know if I tell her the truth, but at the same time I can't just lie to her. There's no real clever response to this one... He took a deep breath, looking down to his feet as they stepped towards the kitchen. Looking back to Ari he began to explain, "He's not actually my brother. He's part of the reason that I don't go to school too often." Wait, she doesn't know you don't go to school. It's so hard to pretend to be someone your not, especially if your trying not to lie...

He added in a quieter tone, "Yeah, I probably should have mentioned that before. I don't normally go to school..." Even though he felt bad for having to say it out loud, he felt like a weight had been lifted off his shoulder. "But don't worry about it really. " He smiled warmly at her, the guilt of telling her something that she might worry about beginning to invade his mind. She shouldn't have to worry about me. I mean, not since she has her own problems to deal with.

Ari gave him a worried look. She knew he told her not to worry but she couldn't help it. her gaze moved away, processing what he said into about a dozen reason of what Alex has done to make Arin not want to go to school. She stepped away from him and to the counter. Leaning against it she reached for a cupboard up above and pulled out a glass. "Are you thirsty?" She asked as she walked towards the sink.

While Ari was worrying about him a thought crossed her mind. Why did he let Alex in if Arin didn't like him? It made her frown a little. She hopped she wasn't the reason why. She started filling the cup with water as her mind wanders, distracting her. She hopped the two wouldn't start some sort of argument and she even began fearing the thought of them fighting. As she as distracted she accidentally filled the cup to a point of it over flowing.

"Whoops.." She turns off the sink and pouts a little water out. Setting the cup down she took a towel and wiped off her hand and leaned against the counter. Forcing herself to clear her mind, Ari looks over at Arin and smiles a little. She didn't want to think about anything bad happening any further. Though it didn't stop her from worrying over Arin not going to school.

Arin, who'd been leaning against one of the counters and staring at the cupboard Ari had opened, slowly began to nod his head in response to her question, "Very." Was the only word he said, the realization of his thirst coming onto him. He was absently staring at her as she started filling up the cup. He was reading her body language, and was able to pick up pretty fast that she was getting worried about what he said to her. The frown, the aversion of gaze... He thought those over, wondering if they were good enough reasons to make assumptions that she was worried. He didn't have to think long though, since he noticed her over fill the cup and dry her hand.

He sighed, Yeah, she's worried. He couldn't help but to smile a little, feeling oddly thankful that she held such concern for him. He looked back to her when she looked at him, and his smile widened, "Listen Ari, the more you worry about my problems, the more guilty I'll feel. So really, just forget anything I said. It's not that big of an issue." As he said this he moved from where he was leaning on the counter and stood beside her. He couldn't help but to feel big when he stood next to her. Compared to her, he was really tall and built. He shook his head, Of course you are you idiot, she's sick.

He smiled down to her, "Let me help you with that." He reached up to the cupboard to grab another cup to fill up while she leaned against the counter, "Are you thirsty?" He thought he'd ask, to return the kindness she showed him. He turned on the tap once more and began to fill up the second cup, watching as the water slowly rose. I really don't want to go back out there... He sighed, realizing that no matter what he thought he would have to head back into the living room.

She watched him as she spoke, starting to feel guilty that she made him feel guilty without knowing it. When he asked her if she was thirsty she nodded slowly and reached past him and opened the cupboard being careful not to hit him with the door. She took a small glass for herself, her eyes moving towards the clock. It was about time she took her medication again. But she didn't want to go all the way back to her room to get it. She can skip a day, right? She pushed the thought out of her mind and waited till he was done with his cup before she filled hers and turned the water off.

She took a long sip if her water, not wanting to wait till she got to the living room. Ari's throat was pretty dry and if she wanted to be heard she would need a clear throat. Her mind still wandered back to Arin, slightly worried that something would happen to him yet she did her best not to show it.

Once she finished her drink she took Alex's glass and leaned off the counter and onto Arin instead. "I'm ready to go back if you are." She said, watching him cautiously. She wanted to see if he was nervous and if he was, she wanted to know how to help and calm him down.

Arin placed his cup of water down on the counter beside him, after taking a long sip that left the glass nearly completely empty. He backed away from the sink, giving Ari space to fill her own cup of water, and watching intently to make sure she didn't spill again. While he was observing her, he also noted other actions she did that rose interest out of him, such as looking at the clock. Does she need me to leave? Arin looked to the clock as well, I suppose it is getting pretty late. But I don't want to leave. Especailly not now. Arin's gaze dropped to the floor as he thought of the terror that sat in the other room.

He was so deep in thought he'd not even noticed Ari approach him until he felt the light touch of her hand on him. It sent a jolt through his body, and he was brought back to reality. Quickly, he chugged back the last of his water, and placed the glass once again on the counter. At least I'm not thirsty anymore. He thought, looking at his reflection in the glass, That's a plus. He turned to Ari, but he wasn't smiling. His expression was normal, but he really wanted to show his grieving to her, in hopes she would understand. But no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't bring himself to show any form of negative emotion when he looked at her.

"Here let me take that for you." He didn't wait for her response as he took the cup of water meant for Alex from her hand. It was pretty easy to take it from her, which made Arin feel even more worried about her condition, and how weak it made her. He shrugged it off, instead choosing to look back to the hall, "Alright, let's go." He began to take long deliberate strides across the kitchen to the hallway, which seemed a lot darker than it had when they entered.

Ari looked at him carefully. She wanted to make him smile again but she wasn't entirely sure how. At least, she wasn't sure how to make it a positive that someone he didn't like was in the other room. She should have asked Arin where he knew Alex from before she let him in.

She follows beside Arin. It was a bit if a fast pace for her but she refused to show it, wanting to at least look at little stronger for Arin. She didn't want him to worry about her whole Alex was there she wanted him to focus on himself. She leans against him a little more as they approached the living room.

She smiles at Alex as they walked in. Even though she knew Arin and Alex didn't like each other, she couldn't bring herself to show any negative things to him or how he was unwelcome. She hopped that would help ease them somehow and stop any arguments or fights but she doubted it. Smiling and being friendly can't help everything. Especially not what she assumed was years of torment.