The Girl Who Gave Life to her Dreams

"Ow!!" The two both exclaimed and rubbed their foreheads a bit. It was sort of funny, as Mark was most likely about as old as Sharon.

"Ugh....Ah, you're right. Nyx is at fault for this."

Michelle nodded at the two and then looked to Sharon. Listening to what Sharon was talking about, she had it all right. Mark and Steve were her creations pretty much. She began to think, but the subject being turned to Nyx and Steve made her go a bit pale. "Oh dear...You don't think they've reached town have they?!"

Sharon shrugged. "Knowing those two, we would be hearing klaxons if they made it that far. No, they're probably still here. From what I can tell of Nyx's nature, he wants to get Steve to follow him there. He just seems like a guy who wants to destroy things, but doesn't want to get his hands dirty doing it."

"I think we should go look on a computer to see if he's shown up anywhere else under the name of Nyx. It isn't a really common name, you know."

She crossed her arms, with one hand under her chin in thought. "Hmmm... How do you think Nyx discovered you, Michelle? Is there anything about your power that would attract attention? Besides becoming a total space cadet in the middle of class." A playful grin crossed her face.

Outside, Steve was staring at Nyx. He was waiting for Nyx to make a move, just to try and shoot him down again. Staring at him start taking notes, Steve made huffs and made sure that Nyx knew not to do anything offensive.

Michelle nodded at Sharon's assumption. When the mention of Nyx being on the computer happened, Mark took out an iPhone and started searching. In the dream world, there were completely different servers, so maybe the news would show anything. Michelle stared at Mark and Mark looked back to her.

"What?...It's an iPhone." he said with a shrug.

Michelle's eye brow raised.

"...I may be the only person there, but I can still pay for stuff," Mark then added with a look to the side.

Michelle just shook her head with a bit of a laugh and then looked to Sharon. "How he discovered me?...I'm not sure...--pffft~" At the space cadet joke, she couldn't help but giggle.

Nyx didn't really care what kinds of noises that the beast was making, he just kept writing in his notebook. He was noting the reactions it had to different things, also writing down new ideas to try to see how it would react and/or if it could be affected by it. "Hmm..." He looked over at the beast, held his hand up, and flicked his wrist. It sent a shockwave through the ground, like an earthquake that only effected the area he wanted.

"Jeez, where do you work to afford something like that?" Sharon stared at it, thinking of her Nokia brick phone. She looked towards Michelle again. "Can you go into other people's dreams or anything like that? Something that might let people know that you have these powers?"

Once the violent rumble stopped, Steve roared and sent another mystic-like punch to Nyx. He clearly did not like that move at all.

Mark merely shrugged and kept on researching. "I really wouldn't dwell on it too much,"

Michelle stared at Mark for a few moments and then looked to Sharon, thinking maybe she should take his advice. Answering Sharon's question, Michelle somewhat looked away. "Well...I tried it with my parents. My mom was supportive of it, but my dad...." her voice then trailed off, going into a sort of flashback when Michelle was in 3rd grade. This was when her powers were awakened.
---

Michelle was standing over her parents' bed. It was about 2:00 in the morning, and she was trying her new power out on the two. In the dream, she ran up to her parents.

"Mommy! Daddy!" she exclaimed. "Look what I can do! I can go into your dreams!"

"That's absurd, Michelle..." her dad said. "I'm dreaming my own dream, and right now me and your mom are dreaming about you," he said with a smile as he patted her head. Michelle's mom, however, looked to Michelle with a tilt of the head. She was obviously interested.

Michelle looked a bit miffed. "No! It's true! Watch, wake up and I'll be at the bed!"

Her dad merely chuckled and nodded. "Oh all right, I will. And I'll prove to you that you can't walk into dreams,"

Michelle's parents did as prompted and woke up. But to their surprise, Michelle was right there waiting for them. Her mom looked really excited, but her dad...He looked terrified.

"M...Michelle?! Y-You weren't kidding?!" he exclaimed, just staring at her.

Michelle looked overjoyed that her dad now believed. "Yep!~"

Her mom looked excited. "Oh that's wonderful! We've got a special little child, right honey?" her mom exclaimed. She was in the midst of hugging Michelle when she realized Dad didn't respond. "...Honey? Are you ok?"

And all of the sudden, Michelle's dad ripped Michelle from her mom and tossed her into the corner of the wall, causing Michelle to scream in pain.

"Eh?!! What are you doing?!!" Mom exclaimed. She started to go over to the now-crying Michelle, but the dad pulled her back.

"Don't go over there! That's a demon child. A DEMON child!!" the dad looked ready to throw something at Michelle, but her mom pulled his arm back.

"But that's still our child!! Chris, YOU'RE the demon for trying to kill her!!"

"Do you want a monster for a child, Macy?! Do you?!"

Michelle's parents continued to argue back and forth. Michelle, still in the corner, was shuddering with sobs. Curled up into a little ball, she continued to cry. I'm not a demon...I'm not a demon...! she continued thinking to herself. Her thoughts and the parents arguing stopped when they heard sirens. Someone next door must have called the police.

Macy stared to Chris and glared daggers at him. "I'm telling the police everything that's happening right now, and you're going behind bars!" she declared as she stormed out of the room and outside.

Chris stared as Macy walked away. He then looked to Michelle still crying. Hm...She can drown in misery then, and finally walked off, admitting a certain defeat.

Michelle saw that her dad was leaving, and so was her mom. She then curled up into a little ball once more and shut her eyes tight, going into her dream world. In there, she was on her knees crying.

"Why would daddy say something like that!? I didn't do anything wrong! I just have this magic...!!" she sobbed to herself. As she was crying, she started thinking something. Maybe...He's not my real dad. My dad wouldn't say such a thing. He'd be very nice, gentle...he'd probably congratulate (This was pronounced wrong in her head, that was one word she had trouble pronouncing) me...

Michelle continued to go on a list of traits of what she thought her real dad would be. And all this time, it slowly escalated to where she was saying the traits out loud. This was calming her down somewhat. After a few minutes, she took a deep breath and then opened her eyes.

And there was a young, but adult man standing in front of Michelle. His blue eyes were looking down at her with a strong sympathizing air.

It was Mark.

(That was fun to type. -shot-)

Nyx, not feeling like becoming airborne again, simply moved out of the way. "Interesting..." He wrote down the reaction of rage that the beast had. It wasn't really fascinating, it was just another fact. It would have been fascinating if the beast had done anything else.

Sharon didn't really ask much more about it. Though there was one thing that itched at the back of her mind. Two things, actually. And either of those things could lead them to a connection. First question, hopefully it was this route and not the other that she was thinking of. "Were your parents the only people that you tried this with?" Hopefully it was just that and nothing about her father connecting Nyx to Michelle.

Michelle looked up to Sharon and then nodded. She then looked to the floor. "Hm..."

Mark sighed. "Can't find a thing on this guy. The most we have is a criminal record." he declared. He put his iPhone away and sat it near the computer, he was about to see if he could find a USB cord, but then his eyes wandered to Michelle. He was silent, and then his eyes went sympathetic. Having an idea of what Michelle was thinking about, he walked over and petted her head gently.

Michelle made a squeak and looked up at Mark. Mark merely gave an assuring smile and then went on to find a cord. "...Do you have a USB cord to plug into the computer with an iPhone?"

Sharon gave it some thought. If they used the same cord, her iPod cord should work. Then again. "If you go to my classroom, I have a bunch of cords in the top left drawer. If any one of them works, you're welcome to use it."

She turned to Michelle. "Nyx seems like the kind of guy who would be put in jail just for the sheer pleasure of watching the inmates. Has anyone that you've shared dreams with, and knows that you could, gone to jail? Or anybody shady? Heck, anyone that might go to a bar on a Saturday night might run into that creep." Sharon was pretty perspicacious. Always figuring things out just by watching them. Doctors analyzed her, and put her in a classification of having minor savantism. Except, she didn't have the downsides to it.