The Girl Who Gave Life to her Dreams

The black circle had beaten traffic and had Michelle at a red light. It waited for Michelle patiently. Once the light turned green, Michelle ran after the hole, but it continued to run away. Once they had gotten to the park, Michelle was out of breath and she leaned against a bench to catch her breath. "W...Wow..."

The circle seemed to notice that Michelle was starting to get sick of running and moved near her.

(Villain can enter now c: )

Out of the circle came a tall man with silver hair. He approached Michelle and crouched down to be level with her. "So you're the one...? Hm. Not much to you, though. You're the dreamer. The one who can meld into others' dreams, who can fall asleep on command, and will dream lucidly the entire time." He stood full up, the only expression on his face was curious. "But you could do soooo much more." He was reaching out to Michelle when-

"Hey! What are you doing to my student?!" He was caught off guard by this exclamation. Sharon walked with a fast pace up to the two of them and stood between them. "Are you some kind of pervert? What is this? What were you making her chase, anyways?"

"Ugh... Distractions. Please." He waved his hand and Sharon was ten feet away. "I'm busy." He approached Michelle again.

Michelle watched the man arise from the circle and she looked in awe at him. "...Oh?...W...Who are you?" Michelle asked. But it seemed the question was avoided. She stared at the man as he was level to her. Michelle was about to flinch away from the man and then she heard Sharon.

"M-Ms. Sharon!" she called out. Michelle was about to run to her but then saw the suspicious man approach her again. "W-Who are you?"

"My name is Nyx. Just Nyx." He grinned, his teeth were pure white. Like snow. "You haven't fully gained your powers yet, you know. I thought I would help you."

"What is this madman talking about, Michelle? How did he do that?" Sharon was starting to get really worried. If she had a gun, she would have shot this creep four lines ago. "Michelle, get away from him."

"Too late." Nyx reached forward and touched Michelle's forehead, awakening this 'sleeping power' that he was talking about.

(You logged out before I could ask you. If you want me to change it, I will.)

(ah xD thats all right owo I like this.~)

"Help...me?" Michelle blinked. She glanced to Sharon, but then she felt the touch on her forehead. For some reason, this wasn't like when she was daydreaming. This was like sleeping with her eyes open. Michelle's eyes went a little pale and without glimmer as she seemed to go into a stand-by mode. After a few seconds, she was in her dream world.

"Ah?...Mark...w...what happened? Where's Nyx?" Michelle asked as she started to get accustomed to the sudden transition.

Mark didn't look to well, he seemed worried. He picked Michelle up and started to run. "No time for that...I have bad vibes from this Nyx person,"

Sharon stared at Nyx as he stood over the girl. Nyx was smiling as he backed up. "Well, now things are going to get more interesting. A few more items to add and..." He disappeared. Right in front of her. Or more like, not in front of her. Sharon approached Michelle.

"Hey Michelle." There wasn't an answer. Sharon was panicked. She felt for signs of life. Pulse. Breathing. Everything was fine, except for her not responding. "I guess I have to do something about this." With a sigh, Sharon lifted Michelle. The girl was dead weight in her trance state, so Sharon had to use a fireman's carry to get her back to the school.

Nyx hadn't really disappeared. He entered into the dream with Michelle, and was currently standing in Mark's path. "So nice of you to deliver her! I can get to work now!"

Michelle looked to Nyx and then buried her face straight into Mark's chest. Mark shifted his way of holding Michelle so that his grasp was tighter on her. He stared to Nyx. There were calm motions in his stare, but his blue eyes shot icy daggers to Nyx.

"You're not getting this little girl," he said in his suddenly deep voice. Michelle recognized his voice, as it would go to that tone if he was very serious about something. Michelle quickly imagined wings for Mark and soon Mark took off, trying to get out of reach of Nyx.

Nyx watched for a while, seeing how this world worked. Anything that Michelle imagined became reality. There was no concentration, just happening. No fatigue, either. And the things she imagined worked independent of whoever they were working for. The boy's wings wouldn't get tired no matter how much he flew. If it were possible for the boy to have wings, wouldn't Michelle be able to give herself wings as well?

Deciding that he had seen enough, and gleaned enough information about how the world worked, he ascended. He knew that merging the small part of his world with this one would allow him his own powers as well, the same way he did with the real world. He calculated what he would do next, moving directly into their path again. Intimidation was his best route at this time, making Michelle conjure something of real destruction would be the best case.

"You're not getting rid of me that easily. It's going to take much more than running to be rid of me." It wouldn't matter how fast the boy flew, Nyx could keep up by making it so. "Come on, Michelle, don't you have more tricks than that?"

Before Michelle could do anything, Mark had already zipped away. "There's no way you're getting her!"

Michelle started to think, wondering how she could get rid of Nyx. An idea popped in her mind to make a giant body guard, like something of a giant. But she had never conjured up something like that. It would take a lot of work. She then buried her face in Mark's head again, starting to make her giant body guard.

It was curious as to why the boy was protecting Michelle. Nevertheless, Nyx pursued them tirelessly. He was faster than the boy, but never showed exactly how fast he was.

Something was happening though. Something was changing. "What do you think you're doing, young miss? Are you toying with me? Something to fight me? Nothing you could conjure could even scratch me." He was taunting her on purpose, trying to make her think of something bigger. The bigger it was, the better it would be for him. "This chase is pointless. I could end it now, but I think toying with you is so much fun."

Michelle's face scrunched into an annoyed expression. "Try me! Go Steve!!"

And as she called it out, a giant body guard that had a similar appearance to Nasus (League of Legends), arose from behind Mark and Michelle. Mark turned to look behind him and saw Steve. He cringed and looked to Michelle.

"You named that giant thing Steve?" Mark said with a flat look.

Michelle merely shrugged. "I'm not good with names..."

Nyx considered it for a minute. It was large and ominous. The name it had, he hardly regarded it. This is what he wanted her to do. It was almost laughable how she fell for his trap. He made his way over to the unusual beast to study it. Any blows that it tried to deal to him went through him, as if he weren't really there. "Hmm." He made note of its dog-like face and human-like body. How it was muscular and intimidating. It wasn't the scariest thing that could have appeared, but it was good enough. Lots of humans feared things that were similar to them.

"Well, you have me beat." He said, in a very mocking tone. "Although I do have one trick left. I'm sure you'll love it." He moved away from the beast and, with a snap of his fingers, in an instant, Michelle would be back to reality. Though, with a few differences.

Sharon was leaning over Michelle, who was in one of the beds in the school nurse's office. Even though she was leaning over Michelle, her gaze was fixed on someone else.

Michelle gasped when "Steve"'s hits weren't getting through. "Wait what?! How is he not hitting him?!"

Mark looked to Nyx. "What the heck are you?!" he yelled to him. But as the transition came, Mark seemed to have the same eyes that Michelle had in real life. He had seemed to stop flying and end up falling downward into the grass. Falling and falling until the minute he nearly reaches contact with a bush.

Only for Michelle to snap into reality...Along with Mark and Steve.

Mark had gasped, almost like gasping for air. When he was forming into the real world, his breathing had been temporarily difficult. "Agh!! W...Where are we--oh gosh..." his eyes immediately fixated on Steve, whom seemed to be in a rage and trying to attack Nyx. But instead, he was attacking furniture and desks.

Michelle, not even noticing Sharon, had risen up to only just stare at Steve. "S-Steve?! Steve stop this right now!! Heel!? Come?!" Michelle was trying her best to calm Steve down, but Steve merely roared and ran out of the nurses office, chasing Nyx.

Sharon stared horrified by the beast that was bursting through the school. "M-Michelle? What is that and why are you calling it Steve?" She was on her knees now, trying to keep herself out of the view of the monster. Whatever it was, and whatever it was doing, she didn't want to have any part of it.

Nyx kept moving himself to still-intact parts of the building, watching as the beast barreled it's way through them. He was curious as to what would happen if it accidentally hit a power-line. Would the shock break the little reality it ascertained from his trick? Would it even feel the shock? Would it feel the full effect and react as any other beast as big as it is?

He also wondered if it needed to eat like living beasts did, or if it could just live on Michelle's imagination alone. Whatever the case may be, he kept taunting it. Whenever it got close enough, he would prod it in the ribs or smack it's nose, just to make it even more annoyed. "You know, I was kind of hoping for more. Possibly bigger. You're not really living up to my expectations. Come on, what else can you do dogface?"

Michelle could only watch as Nyx and Steve left the room. She didn't even hear Sharon and was sort of babbling quietly to herself. "...I....I made that...h...how do I...get rid of that big a thing...? T...the school is...."

Mark walked over to Michelle and Sharon and began to pat Michelle's head. "Calm down calm down...we'll have an idea soon..." he then looked up to Sharon. "Are you her mother?" he asked curiously.

Steve however was still trying to pummel away at Nyx, but instead was slaughtering hallways and windows. If Nyx was lucky, Steve would have found a room with people in it to completely scare.

Sharon stared for a second. Who was this guy? "No... I'm her teacher. Now, what is that thing?" Sharon stood up and brushed her clothes off. This was terrible. The school was getting torn down by whatever came back with her. Well, one of the things that came back with her. She still had no idea who or what this guy was.

Out in the center of the battle, Nyx was smiling. A really wide smile, he was pretty amused. "Seriously? Just bash and crash, huh? No powers at all? I'm truly disappointed." Nyx didn't want to get rid of the big, lumbering beast yet. He wanted to observe it, what idiosyncrasies it had. How it would react to, say, a kitten on the street. Or a school bus. Things it hadn't seen before. Unless it knew the same things that Michelle knew. That was a pretty big possibility.

He sidestepped around the beast and stood behind it. "Here. I'll give you one free shot. I won't move out of the way, I won't phase out, I'll just let you hit me. Give it all you got, cuz this is the only one I'm giving you. And if you do have powers that you aren't telling me about, use them while you have the chance."

Steve seemed to not understand Nyx and thought he was just wanting to commit suicide. Letting out a roar he threw his fist forward as it started to glow a sort of blue light. When he took the blow to Nyx, it caused a massive explosion that did more damage when he was acting as if he was role playing as The Incredible Hulk.

Mark looked to Sharon, then to Michelle, and then to the now destroyed entrance/exit of the nurse's office. "Well...That thing was created to get rid of Nyx...But seeing what Nyx did in Michelle's dream world, he's now going crazy,"

Michelle was staring at Mark and Sharon, she looked ready to burst into tears at what was happening. Filled with frustration, fear, and guilt, she just pulled the bed covers over her quickly and snuggled against a pillow. Michelle just hid herself in there and took a quick trip to the dream world. Nothing, there wasn't anything around there. It was just like a default background of a Windows XP, just a sky and green grass. Michelle started quivering a bit, not knowing what to do. She exited her dream world and just laid there in the bed.

"Oh Michelle..." Mark sighed and patted her head, bringing her closer to him into a comfort hug. Michelle whimpered and nuzzled Mark's side. With her face covered by the blankets, it just looked like there was a lump curled up like a kitten near Mark.

Sharon sat up on the side of the bed, a clear look of confusion on her face. "Nyx... I wonder who this guy is and how he can do this. There has to be something else on him, some kind of history. I mean, you see that tattoo on his face? It looks ancient, like the burn tattoos that the Mayans would do." Her eyes wandered to Michelle, and a burning worry flooded her. "Michelle... Look, I'll help you with this. I'm sure the school is being evacuated right now, and the police should be on their way over."

She peeked outside, trying to catch a glimpse of either Nyx or 'Steve.' What she did see was a blur, flying towards a neighboring building. That has to be Nyx. Steve is too big to move that fast. The only problem with her theory was that the thing went through the building, bursting through brick and mortar. "Wow... I think your pet just got a hit in on Nyx."

Nyx, who was now all the more curious, had just destroyed another building with pure momentum. He landed squarely on his back, staring up at an unfamiliar ceiling. "Hmm. That was invigorating. Spontaneous combustion at the site of impact, a surge of energy through... the middle finger I would guess. All of these elements combined create an explosion whenever he concentrates and strikes an area. Along with the hulking mass, he's almost unstoppable once he gains enough momentum, and he doesn't feel what he crashes through. Pretty much, a big brute." He stood up and dusted himself off.

"If he is like an animal, though, he'll want to confirm that he's killed the opponent. Hmmm. His primary objective, though, is to destroy me. I wonder what would happen if he felt that he has obtained this goal? Would he disappear forever or just rampage more?" Producing a notepad, he wrote down his thoughts thus far. How conceited, to write notes in the middle of a fight.

Michelle seemed to look at Sharon, as she made movements under the covers. She then crawled over to Sharon, poking her head out of the sheets and resting her head on Sharon's lap. The dream maker was just...out of it now. She and Mark could hear the people yelling and running past the nurses office. They were doing exactly what Sharon thought, evacuating. Michelle could only imagine what would happen if they found out that this was half her doing.

Mark stared at Michelle for a bit. "You know we need to be thinking of a plan around now..."

Michelle immediately stared at Mark. "How?! That thing is giant!! I was only acting on impulse!!"

"And while you were trying to protect yourself and me, this thing is now loose in the real world!"

"So how do we get this out?!"

"That's what we need to figure out!"

The two proceeded to banter in panic.

Sharon was listening to the two of them banter. It wasn't going anywhere, it was just useless arguing. It went on for only a little longer, before she was fed up. "Quiet! Both of you! This isn't how we solve problems." She flicked both Mark and Michelle's forehead, an aggravated sigh escaping her. "Look, the problem right now isn't 'how do we stop the giant monster' it's 'how do we stop Nyx.' He's the one that made all of this happen. Stopping him just might stop everything else."

Sharon's mind was racing with different questions. "We need to establish a few things, first. How did he get Mark and 'Steve' here? They couldn't live without you, Michelle. They only exist because of you. Maybe you can create new things? I don't think Nyx is dumb enough to bring all of your powers here, but there has to be some available to you to let this happen. Also, we need to learn more about Nyx. I know it isn't the best time right now, since there's a big fight going on..." She said that, but she couldn't hear any fighting.

"Umm... Maybe there isn't. Where are they? I can't hear them anymore. Maybe Nyx ran and 'Steve' is chasing him."