The Girl, the Yokai, and the Promise

Yukina raised an eyebrow when Kazuma started to talk about his clan. Yokai that protected humans, huh? Now thinking about it, it made a little sense. The temple history often talked about pilgrims that came to the temple to pray of protection. It could be that rumors of the yokai protecting the humans in the area brought them there. Kazuma got some points there, but was far from winning the game. When he said that he didn't know how any boy could not love her, she started snickering. "Your kidding, right? You know you are talking to the Ice Queen of Shiroku High, right? No one would fall for me." She sighed out her laugher. "It's better that way, anyways...." Her eyes went back to the ground. This was stupid. She just wanted to find out what was going on. This guy wanted to keep going on and on about how much he loved her. She just shook her head and continued walking and listening.

When he told her truth about her life, she stopped and stared at him, "What do you mean by that?" She wanted to get this done and over with so she can finish school and live her life as a miko at the temple, with no one to bother her. They weren't too far from a small café now, but Yukina was starting to get antsy. "Okay, we really need to sit down and talk about this, now."

Kazuma looked around their surroundings as they continued to walk and also had the nearby wind and air also probing around for anything suspicious. It was best for him not to get too comfortable at night because it was when most yokai were active and would be on the prowl, his presence would send most of them off but some were pretty stupid and would likely try to fight him once they smelled Yukina. Then he heard her snickering and looked at her curiously with an innocent when she called her self an 'Ice Queen', was that some type of title in a school monarchy? "No, why would I be kidding? And what is a 'Ice Queen of Shiroku High', does that mean your the school's leader. Only those who are idiots wouldn't fall for you, they just have to look back your icy temperament and find a way to crack the ice; which I will." He added in a sincere and determined tone as he continued to look at her then shook his head. "No, you deserve the best." The wolf would state and mildly stomped his foot for emphasis.

When she stopped he did too then sighed while rubbed the back of his neck, "Can you please wait until we get somewhere warm? I don't want you to catch a cold or get sick." No matter how much she wanted to know, his body language showed he would share nothing until she was properly taken care of and in a warm place. "I think there's a small café close by so let's head there, alright? Then I'll explain everything but first I'll tell you this now. These are not the reasons why I fell in love with you, I fell for you with my heart when we were kids and before this Shenshi crap popped up."

Yukina's chin lowered at his new information. "That doesn't make me feel any better...." she said staring at him. She could read on him that he wasn't going to move until they got some place other than the middle of the street, but Yukina was starting to get more angry then worried. She was starting to feel a little like she was being played. First, he tries to be fun and flirty, but then drops bombs like this on her. It was almost like a bait and switch trick. She rolled her eyes and sighed, "Fine, it's just over here." she said. She raised a finger and pointed at him "But we start talking about this as soon as we sit down..." she glared at him and continued on their way....

The café was a small place that was still open. There were a few people there; ranging from young adults to middle schoolers, and most of them were inside. A canopy stretched out, covering their outdoor seating, while a small heater warmer the area. Yukina went over and sat down at an outdoor table. She could recognized some of the people in the café and didn't want them to see she out here with a strange boy so late at night. They might start asking questions. The area was warmer than the normal outside air, but it was still a little chilly. Still, Yukina was adamant about getting some answers and did not want to move......

"Sorry...I just wanted to get that out before you thought any less of me or tried to hate me." Kazuma sighed and turned his attention away from her. He just wished she wasn't the Shenshi because then it probably would be easier for him to get closer to Yukina without her thinking he had any ulterior motives. But that must have just been the cards fate had drawn for him and there was nothing he could do about that, he'd just have to show her that he had no other motives besides her best interest and safety. Then he glanced over in the direction of the café before back over at the girl and nodded. "Okay, I won't make you have to wait any longer, this is something you need to know." He was unfazed by her glare and followed bedside her.

Cafes interested him immensely, there were so many different types that also drew in different types of people to come in and visit. It was odd to have a heater outside but that was probably incase a patron didn't wish to go inside and have four walls surrounding him/her as they ate or sat. Kazuma followed her and sat down on the chair across from her while glancing over at the window, "Doesn't want to be seen with me." He would mumble to himself before turning his attention back to her. Putting his hands on the table, so they were in her view, he met her eyes and sighed. "I guess we'll start off with what 'Shenshi' means; purest soul, which would mean you have the purest soul in Japan. And that also leads into why you were attacked."

Yukina's face scrunched in confusion. Pure soul? It made sense with the word. Shen could be mean holy or pure and shi meant soul. But her being the purest soul? She knew she was a bit of shrew but the 'purest'? No way. "I'm not sure if that is a rip on Japan as a whole or if you are being completely serious...." she joked, shifting her weight in the chair, but she could tell that he was serious. "Okay, so say I am this 'pure soul'. What? Does that mean I am just extra delicious to yokai? Why did the spider say he was tired of waiting? What was he waiting for?" she said picking at the table.

Kazuma cocked his head to the side and eyed her with curiosity, "You have an odd sense of humor, which leaves me to believe you still have some of the carefree, child like, Yuki somewhere." He replied before a bottle of water descended from the air and sat down in front of him. Acting as if it was normal, the wolf took ahold of the bottle and took a drink from it after screwing the cap off then placing the bottle back down on the table. Then at her question, he chuckled slightly with a grin before waving his hand. "I guess you could consider it like that, any yokai that eats you can live forever and will not die unless slain in battle or assassinated." He then stated before folding his arms and leaning his chair back slightly. "On your eighteenth birthday is when your abilities will fully awaken. As the Shenshi, you can give ultimate power to any yokai who claims you or that you claim for yourself as a protector, lover, or both. Marrying into a yokai clan will bring them to live in prosperity for thousands of years and lastly, your blood can heal sick or dying yokai." The wolf told her. "That is how the legends goes and from what I've heard along the grapevine."

Yukina stop picking at the table when he finished his explanation. "Oh well....I..." she said, trying to thinking of what say. There was no smart remarks for this one. Things were starting to a make sense now. The spider probably couldn't wait until next Saturday, her eighteenth birthday, to eat her and that is why he attacked. Was it always going to be like this? Scenarios started running through her head. Was she going to be able to finish school? What about her apartment? Was her uncle in danger? What about the life she had planned? What about the temple? Maybe Kazuma was making this up, just to scare her so she would run straight into his arms. No, it was a little too crazy to be completely made up. But why her? Was there something special about her bloodline? Her uncle and her father did come from a long line of temple priest and priestess, but this kind of thing was never in the records. Yukina's vision blurred as tears threaten to fall. How could this happened? Why could her life just a normal happy one for once. She took a deep breath, trying to prevent herself from crying. She looked up at the wolf to speak but then something dawned on her. Kazuma promised to marry her when she was little. Did he know about this? He did mention something about her marrying a yokai would bring prosperity to a clan. Her face grew from sadness to confusion. He sounded like he had looked into it quite a bit. Also, when talked about his clan, it was always stated as 'my clan' as if he was in charge of it. She guessed that there was some way that yokai could sense that she was the Shenshi. Then why did he not tell her about this? Why did he wait until a yokai attacked her in the open to tell her any of this? There were so many thing Yukina wanted to say but one really stuck out in her mind...

"How long?" she said, taking another deep breath. She laid her arms across the table and leaned forward. "How long did you know I was the Shenshi?"

Kazuma glanced up when Yukina started talking then looked back down and drummed his finger against the table when she stopped. He'd stay relatively quite for the time being. It was probably tough for her to swallow along with everything now running around in her about what she was and that she wouldn't have a normal life from now on, if he wasn't a yokai and just a regular human it would have been hard for him. It was apparent that he was trying to find something to say or someway to make up to her about this predicament but he couldn't come up with a blasted idea. The best he had done was pull out the old scrolls his clan had and read about the legend of the Shenshi and about how much it would screw up her life. The main thing he wondered was what made someone before the Shenshi, was it just a random happening or did the fates specifically pick her to before the purest soul? Then if that was the case then we didn't they let him sense her soon, then he could have came to her several years in advance and warn her before she would have been attacked by the spider, something could have been figured out to deal with this situation. When she looked back up at him, Kazuma also looked up to meet her gaze and awaited for her to say something, even if it was an insult he needed to know she was alright and her brain hadn't fried. Even if Yukina said she hated the wolf, called him a liar, and pushed him away from her it would hurt but he could still manage. He'd still protect her until a way to keep her permanently safe could be thought of. How was the wolf supposed to know his first friend and love was the Shenshi when they hadn't seen each other for a large period of time? Then when she asked him, he answered immediately and without hesitation, would give his brain no time to think of a lie if he wanted to.

"When you were attacked by the spider, before I had sensed a pure soul a while back, but at the time I though the Shenshi legend was nothing but a myth and some story told to children. But when I came across that yokai on top of you, it all clicked and finally made sense. I always wondered why when we were little, smaller yokai would come after you and I'd have to beat them away." Kazuma replied with a sad look. "I should have investigated sooner, then maybe I could have found and warned you sooner so maybe some of this could have been avoided." He brought both hands up to rub his face while sighing and shaking his head. "I'm sorry, Yukina."

Yukina let out a sigh. "No don't worry about it. If you really didn't know, it's not your fault." She put her head down in her arms and closed her eyes. It made her feel a little better now that she knew he didn't really know until yesterday. It meant that he didn't ask her to marry him just because of what she was but who she was. Not that it really mattered to her or anything, but it was good to know. Yukina peeked out to look at Kazuma. He looked hurt. She really didn't want to hurt him. It was just complicated. She had been through a lot and now this. She sat up and put her hands in her lap. She didn't look at him directly, just through quick glances. The silence was killing her. She started picking at her nails when she finally decided to say something. "Sooooooo, what are we going to do? My birthday is in six days and I'm sure that its not the last time we will see that spider. Do you have any plans?" she said looking up at him.

Even though she said that, Kazuma didn't feel any better about the lack of action he had down for the past ten years. This whole scenario could have been avoided if he had found out sooner and couldn't have protected her in secret while allowing not one single other yokai get close to her. The wolf put his head in his hands and remained quiet as he thought and calculated on what they could do next, what was the best course for this while also being the best for Yukina? Then he heard walking and he quickly lowered his hands and looked over in its direction just to see a young couple walking flirting, that calmed his nerves and he returned his attention back to the girl with him. "Plans...for Yuki's best interest..." He would mumble before lowering his gaze back down to the table then once one popped into his mind, he looked back at her. "We need to find the most powerful priest/priestess in Japan and hopefully through training, you can learn to hide your presence and the powers that come with it. Also, you're going to need a bodyguard you can trust to always be by your side to protect you from yokai that wish to take you for themselves." He replied.

"A powerful priest, huh?" she said, scratching the back of her neck. She didn't know much about actually spiritual stuff. She never had the need for it. "I'll.....ask my uncle. I'm sure he will know someone. But I don't know how long that would take." She glanced over at Kazuma and started to turn red. "As for someone to be my bodyguard. I-uh..." She puffed put her cheeks as if to pout. "I.....I don't have many friends and it's not like anyone would believe this crazy story." She fidgeted in her seat. She really didn't want to do this. Asking for help really wasn't her thing. "I know I have been a little mean, and we really don't know each other that much." She let out a sigh "But you are the only person I know that I can....trust....with this so.....can you....will you be my bodyguard?"

"That's the best solution I can think of, they're the only ones close enough to being as holy as you." He stated, nodding his head while speaking. The main problem would be how when they came across one would be their reaction towards him, even if Kazuma meant no harm, most priests weren't fond of yokai. The wolf noticed that he face became a bit red but he made no comment of it and his face no longer gave any hints to what he was feeling or thinking. She didn't have many friends, now that was kind of surprising and also not since she was so out going and kind when she was younger but then he did think about her nickname she told him about. Had her parent's divorce hurt her that much, would he be able to at least heal some of the hurt it inflicted upon her? Then he rested his chin on an open palm as his garnet eyes met hers. "Do you really need to ask? I'd do anything for you, Yukina." The wolf grinned.

"Yeah, but...." she heistated. She didn't want him to do this because she had feeling for him. This seem like it would be very dangerous. If he was to get hurt or worst, and all because feelings that she didn't....no couldn't return. She put her hands on the table, staring down at them as picked at her nails again. "Look, I.....I don't want you to do this because of a promise we made when we were ten." She looked up at him, hoping she wasn't hurting his feelings. "I know you care. You were......one of my first friends and I know I mean a lot to you, and you mean a lot to me. But I just.....I don't want to...risk your life, because of....that thing..." She took a deep breath. This needed to be said. "I can't return your feelings. When we were little, it was cute and thoughtful and at the time, I needed something to keep me going....But time changes things. People change....I've changed. " Tears began well up, Why was she crying? She was telling the truth. "I can't return your feelings. I'm sorry. And if you don't want to do this because of this, I understand........"

He cocked his head when she started to speak but then hesitated. Was she rethinking about her choice about having him as a body guard. Sure, he didn't look like it but Kazuma was actually a pretty powerful yokai when he needed to fight. And there was one of the elephants in the room, she thought he was just doing it because of the promise, that was part of it but it was also because she was his friend. Even if they never made that promise, he'd still protect her from the others. Though when Yukina would look up at him, Kazuma's expression showed nothing and was practically unreadable as he listened to her. "Dummy Yukina...even if we didn't make the promise and I didn't have these feelings for you, I'd still become your protector and risk my life. You're my friend." He then grinned at her before becoming silent once again as she started to speak. And there was the dagger, freshly sharpened and stabbed into his heart again, he figured that was going to come up but it still bloody hurt. That's when he stood up and patted Yukina's head with a fake ,cheerful, smile. "It's okay. I know you can't and will still be your protector regardless. I'm and yokai and you're a human, after all, there's no way you could ever return my feelings; it was wishful thinking and trying to live in the past on my part." The wolf replied before pulling his hand away from her and took a few steps down the sidewalk before sliding both hands into his pockets and turning his head to look back at her. "Come on, I'll walk you home."

Yukina shook her head, "No, it's just I...." but Kazuma was already up and getting ready to leave. She took a sigh and stood up. "Nevermind..." she muttered, wiping her face and followed him....

The walk back home was a quiet and awkward one. Yukina didn't know what else to say to him. He would never show it but she can tell he was hurt by what she said. When they were little, he would only hid his emotions when he was upset. His usual bouncy, lively self would shut down and when you looked at his eyes, there was nothing there. He tried so hard to show he wasn't upset or mad. She guess it was because he didn't want to make other people uncomfortable with what he was feeling. For someone so loud and open, he was one to hid his feelings. Her heart reached out to him, but she had no idea what to do for him. Here she was, asking him for help and to risk his life and she had nothing to give him. She didn't dare look at him. Her heart retched in pain. She may have been known for her cold behavior to others, but she did have a heart and did care for him.....just not in the way he wanted....

They soon reached the apartment complex that Yukina lived. She stopped at the gate and turned to him, looking at him for the first time in the while. "So here we are....." she said kicking the ground. Her ear burned red. She scooted closer him. There was one thing that she could do and hopefully it cheer him up. Plus, it was something she wanted to do for a long time. She quickly wrapped her arms around, giving him a hug. "Thank you again....I really mean it..." she said, squeezing him a little.....

He could tell during their talk, she was about to cry and he didn't want that so the wolf figured the best option was to break their conversation. Sure, he wasn't interested in what Yukina was going to say, but it wasn't worth her shedding tears about it. During the walk, he kept to himself with a smile while thinking over what he would have to do as her protector and head of his clan. Kazuma was going to have to stay close to Yukina so no doubt he'd have to get his assistant to lug any paperwork that needed to be done somewhere in this area once he found a place to live. The distance between Yukina and his house was too far for him to race to her side without the aid of the winds, and in a populated area using half of his power wouldn't be a smart idea. The clan house was much too large anyway, it would be nice to get some time away from its space and responsibilities.

Then they reached the place where Yukina live and when she stopped and turned around to face him, he met her gaze. So this was where she lived, it was quaint but for a highschooler it probably worked for her. "Yeah, now I see why you chose this place. It isn't too far from Shiro Temple." He replied. Then gave her a curios look as she grew closer to him, was there something else possibly on her mind? Grinning, both of his arms wrapped around the girl and hugged her close. "You love giving a guy mixed signals don't you?" He chuckled at his jibe before kissing the top of her head. "You're welcome, Yukina." Then reluctantly, he broke their embrace and taking one of her wrists, he turned it so her hand was palm side up and he slipped a pendant with a small paw print attachment into it. "It should help mask your presence or if you want to talk or need me, just focus on it. Goodnight Yukina." He'd probably probe around the area before taking his other form and sleep in an alley or something nearby.

The kiss on top of her head burned through her, causing some hidden emotions to stir. She quickly pushed them down and pulled away from him. She accepted his gift and clasped her hand around it. "Thank you..." she said pulling her hand way. She hesitated for a moment before turning to walk away. "Goodnight." she quickly responded, and speed her way into the building. When the door closed behind her, she breathed heavily and brought her hand with the necklace in it to her heart. What was that? Why the hell did she hug him? That could have been taken completely wrong. Did he taking completely wrong? What if he did? She told him no, but then why did it bother her so much. She looked down at the charm in her hand. It was cute, in a way. It was very simple but functional and not too flashy to draw attention to it. Her cheeks burned red when she realized that a boy just gave her a necklace, but not just any boy. It was him. Her childhood sweetheart.....No, she needed to stop. No more thinking about that, it's time to sleep and the next week was going to be a rough one. She closed her hand around the necklace again and headed up stairs to her apartment.

The place was a small one. The door lead to a small entrance and place to take off your shoes before entering. This lead into the combined kitchen and living room were a couch, a small coffee table and a TV sat. Meals could be made in the kitchen and brought to the living room for eating. Taking a right from the entrance lead you down to a hallway where a full bathroom and bed room sat on opposite sides. Yukina reached up to realized that she still had Kazuma's jacket. She pulled it off and looked at it. It smelled like him, like deep wood. There was a small scent of blood there, which kind of knocked her to her senses and caused her to hang it up on the coat rack by the door. She hung up her own sweatshirt and took off her shoes before entering the house. She was in no mood to eat or make lunch for the next day, so she decided to just go to bed. She took the right and head to the bed room. There she changed into her sleeping wear, a simple tank top and small shorts. She had placed the charm on the end table as she got ready for bed. After setting her alarm, she picked up the necklace and looked at it again. Many thoughts ran through her head, but she shook them away as her slipped it around her neck. Clicking the light off, she swung herself around and pulled the covers over her. Again, thoughts danced in her head. Everything from fearful images of the spider attack to old dreams she wanted so badly to come true but never did. She pulled the blankets closer to over her mouth as tried to force herself to sleep. Thoughts kept her wake and continued to fight with them.

"I am such an idiot..." she whispered to herself as she struggled to catch some sleep.....

Inwardly frowning when she pulled away from him, the wolf ridiculed himself silently for his actions. Of course she pulled away from him, she had already stated she couldn't return his feelings and yet he had done something like that, how stupid could he possibly be? "You're welcome." He replied with a cheerful grin before she told him goodnight and sped away into her home and when she was gone he sighed and shook his head. "Once again, I play the fool and don't pay attention." Turning away from Yukina's apartment complex, the winds swirled around him until the yokai became concealed to humans so no one would call the police about a mysterious figure scouting out the block, he really didn't want to put up with that drama right now. The sensation of her soft frame pressed up against his frame still linger and it caused him to have a skip in his step as it sent shocks throughout his body and he chuckled. "After all this time and she still has this type of effect on me, she really is one of a kind." Mumbling to himself, Kazuma would round the first corner of the block and come face to face with a low level yokai and sigh. Then a hand shot out, taking ahold the male yokai's shirt and dragging him over to meet Kazuma's face. "This is my territory and she is under my protection, spread this around the realm. 'Any of those who dare go after her will face Kazuma Yamato, head of this region's Okami clan and Reaper of the winds..."

The yokai ,if you could call such a beggar one, quickly nodded his head as Kazuma pushed the small fry back and watched as it ran off and dove into the Astral Realm, where most yokai dwelled. "Now, that should persuade a lot of them to back off. Hopefully my reputation is enough to scare away the smaller ones, I'll have to worry about those that match my strength finding out, no doubt that spider is already spreading the news about Yukina around. We'll see what happens." He muttered as he started walking once again but at a swifter pace, the first hand had been drawn, the die cast, and the wolf was prepared for an absolute war to break out. As long as Yukina and his clan would be alright, he could careless if the other yokai tore the realm or themselves apart in the squabble to get to Yukina, he'd kill off the stragglers to protect what was close to him. That was another thing he could do to live up to his father and young brothers, the young wolf would follow his heart like they did and fight for what he loved...his clan and most importantly, Yukina. If she couldn't or wouldn't return anything, that was fine with him as long as he could at least remain by the girl's side until he was no longer needed by her. After makign several more trips around the block, to make sure the yokai from before hadn't come back and there weren't any new ones, Kazuma walked into the alley beside Yukina's apartment and took his wolf form, to those, expect Yukina, he would look like a Chow/Siberian Husky mix that was lying in the yard of a very small house. It was easy to follow normal humans, but since Yukina was special she would just see him as a wolf lying in the alley.

"Heh. Sleeping in an alley, the things we do for love. Right pop?"
He chuckled before laying his head onto of his paws and then closing his eyes.

Run. I need to run. Run faster. RUN!

Yukina gasped for air as her lungs burned from running. The walls of the long hallways seemed like they were closing in on her. She didn't dare look back behind her. Many voices called her name in various tones. Some hissed, some barked and each one made Yukina more afraid. Soon the hallway ended, with no exit in sight She slowed her paced and stopped, placing her hand on the wall. She couldn't run anymore. She grasped her chest and sunk the ground. Tears streamed down her face. This wasn't suppose to happen. Why her? She was so alone. The voices still called her name started to fade and one stuck out. The voice was familiar. It reminded of much happier day, when the sound of that voice brought pure joy to her heart. Instead, it gave her dread as the voice now shook in pain. The fear was overwhelming, but the voice calling her made her want to look back. Shifting herself on the ground, she turned, but before she was able to look up, a body landed with a thud in front of her. Her eyes grew wide as the beaten and bloody body of her childhood friend laid in front of her. She reached out to him with a shaky hand. He was cold and did not respond to her touch. She crawled closer to him, tears now freely flowing. "You fool. You said you would be here no matter what..." she whispered, sitting down and placing his head in her lap. "Now, look at you. I didn't want this to happen. I want you to be here with me. Why?" She brushed the black hair from his face as she tried to smiled through her tears. "I guess I am the real fool here. You would do this for me, and yet, I was too stubborn to say anything. If did, maybe you would have know before you...." The words caught in her throat. His voice had stopped but the others had returned. The darkness closed in around her. She didn't care anymore, she just wanted to be here with him. Wrapping her arms around his head, she nuzzled it and sat there as the darkness swallowed her whole......

Yukina woke up with a start. She panted and grasped her chest. A quick scan of her surrounding confirmed she was indeed still in her bed. She could feel the charm still around her neck and so she grasped it and tried to calm down. It was just a dream, nothing more. The sound of her alarm finally reached her ears, pulling her more away from her state of sleep. She let go of the charm and shut off the alarm. It was fairly early in the morning. as per usual with Yukina's morning rituals. She climbed up and out of her bed to start her morning. First was a quick shower. Once, she was done, she returned to her room and prepped her clothes. She blew dried her hair and slipped into her school uniform. She was born with very straight hair and no force in the world would be able to curl it. This benefitted her greatly because it was so low maintenance. She sat down in front of her mirror and started to brush out her hair She needed to keep reminding herself that it was a dream. It could never happen right? Kazuma was strong and they were going to find a way for that to need happen.....though the thought still worried. What if when she turned eighteen, they came after her and her uncle was there, would they attack him too? Was she safe here? She looked down at the charm that hung around her neck. Would that little thing protect her from all the being after her? She finished her hair and tucked the necklace under her uniform. Next was making breakfast and bento lunch. She usually made both at the same time, adding the leftovers of breakfast to the bento, in case she felt she needed to eat more. Breakfast was simple, pan fried rolled egg with rice on the side and lunch was some stir fried udon with left over beef from the fridge. She had grown quite good at cooking since she started living by herself. She could recall times she would call her uncle in a panic when she burnt the food and nothing else to eat. Since then, she has learn enough to start experimenting. If she wasn't able to become meko, she probably would have become a chief.....or a maybe a daycare worker? She did love kids. She packed her lunch and set up her breakfast. As she sat and eat, she thought on her possible future. It wasn't till she was halfway finished, that she realized that she couldn't have those dreams. Her future was a much darker and bloodier one. It made her sick to the stomach so that wasn't able to finish her food. She packed the leftovers with the rest of lunch and put it in her bag. She double check her stuff, making sure her homework and material were there. She made quick trip around the apartment, cleaning up after herself. When everything was in place, Yukina gave her herself a nod of approval and grabbed her bag to head out. While slipping on her shoes, she reached up to grab her light jacket, but grabbed Kazuma's jacket instead. She looked up and removed her hand. He was probably going to need that back. Maybe after school, she could give it to him. The thought of him made images from her dream pop in her head. She quickly shook them out and grabbed her own. She would have to worry about that later because she needed to leave now. Putting on her jacket, she exited her apartment building and head towards her school.....

Geez here we go again, another one of your advice sessions. Couldn't you do this at a better time?

Sighing, Kazuma folded both arms across his chest as he glanced around the void that was his dream as it shifted and contorted until it turned into the main room of his clan's home. And sitting in his chair was Kiragya Yamato, the leader of his clan before him, Kazuma's deceased father along with his two younger brothers standing on both sides and winked at him before disappearing. The older wolf chuckled while examining his son and taking a drink from the goblet of win resting in his palm, "Ah ,yes, the Shenshi problem, I had hoped during your lifetime you'd never have to live when the legend came true. Let alone falling in love with the Shenshi and a human no doubt, you're playing a hard game to win my son. Almost every yokai is going to be after that girl of yours and even if you manage to beat every single one, it won't matter; humans are fickle creatures that don't live that long. I would advise that you don't go too attached to her, find yourself a nice female yokai and make this Yukina your mistress." He then stated with an expressionless look and seemed amused when the younger wolf growled in reply to his words. Forget about his feelings for Yukina and make her his mistress and move on to another, he wouldn't forget about Yukina until she no longer needed or wanted him around. Attempting to take a step towards the ex-clan head, he was prevented from doing so by some type of invisible wall which he tapped on with his knuckle and snorted disdainfully. "The dead of no right to interfere with the affairs of the living, or have you forgotten that, when it comes to battle or strategy, I welcome your advice but not this. You have no right to interfere with the matters of the heart, no one does and I will not let another make the decisions for me, I will chose my path just as you did yours." The younger wolf's tone was polite but also blunt though it felt like there was no anger or disrespect. The man was still his father and the young wolf greatly respected the old one in life and even now in death.

Kiragya chuckled, a deep ,throaty, sound which resonated throughout the space and even shook Kazuma's entire body before it finally stopped. It was amazing how much power his old man commanded even in death and his dreams, would he ever grow to or surpass the power his father had? He was fairly stronger then he should be at his current age, but he was told his father had been much stronger and become the clan head when he was fifteen years younger then Kazuma. So far that was the youngest age a clan head had ever been and it was his father that did it, did they truly share the same blood? "You make a decent point, my boy. I do not have the right to interfere with your love life but like ever father, I do not wish to see the only child I have left alive harmed. Every parent, even your mother would feel the same way, no matter how she was or acted, she still loved you and your younger brothers. Granted she did not make the best choices, especially when she tried to stage my assassination to have you become the clan head early." The man took another sip before continuing, "But I believe that is what led you onto the path of good, then you challenged me to an honorable competition and managed to use your wit to close the gap between our strength and beat him. Given, I allowed myself to be caught in your trap but I am proud nonetheless." Then he got up, walked over to Kazuma and clapped him on the shoulder with a grin before disappearing. The young man woke up with a sigh before shaking himself and turning back to his human form just as Yukina left her apartment building. Having the winds hide himself from other humans, he decided to tail the girl until he was awake enough to talk to her.

Last edited by a moderator: