The Girl In The Tower

"Don't you lie to me. I know there someone else in this tower!" Gerald yelled. He signaled for the guard to check to upper lever of the tower. "I also know that you have been trying to use your powers." He continued as he reached into a small compartment in his coat and took out a few pictures of Sere trying to use her powers. He wouldn't have shown her proof if the hidden camera was smashed on the ground. Gerald let out a sigh. "I guess there no way to cure you my daughter. There is only option left. It is time for you to be reborn." By that he meant it was time for her to die. No way the lord and savior of Fortuna would have a freak as a daughter. There syringe in his hand was a deadly poison. The person injected would die a slow and painful death. "Now hold still Sere. In a few minutes your body will not feel a thing."

Her eyes darted after the guard as he ran up the stairs to where the boy had left, "No! I told you it was the old wood!" she exclaimed as she backed up until her back pressed into the wall. She wish she could have melted into it, just vanish from the tower. Eyes fell onto the vile in her father's hand, she knew what he meant. She could never use her powers against her father but she didn't want to die, not yet anyway. Extending her right hand out, fingers stretching out and facing her palm towards her father. The skin on her hand began to turn red, sparks rapidly forming from the tips of her fingers to her wrist until a flame formed. Her hand caught on fire and a large ball of fire flew at her father and knocked him out of the room. Pulling her hand close to her chest the flame went out.

Gerald was thrown out of the room and rolled down the steps of the tower. His clothes may have fireproof as he expected her to react like this, but he face wasn't. You could hear him screaming as he was desperately trying to put the fire on his face out. Luckily for Sere the vile of poison broke in half, the green liquid burning and leaving a hole in the floor. She didn't have to worry about dying for now, but what happened to Royce? The boy could take care of himself as he easily knocked the guard out again before jumping down into the room again. "Come on. I'm getting you out of here." He said to Sere extending his hand to her. He knew he was already dead if he got caught and so was she. He decided if he was leaving he was taking her with him.