The gift of Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LogicfromLogic

Original poster
You know, I think that if it is one thing that I have always taken for granted it is community. We spend our lives on our own, deal with so much alone and have grown up learning to depend on ourselves, and that's not entirely a bad thing. But one thing that I have noticed is that community is a very wonderful tool for someone to have, the idea of being able to turn to someone when I am in a place when I need people is such an amazing feeling.

Community, whether it be on a wonderful roleplay site like Iwaku or in real life, I think it really is a great gift. I came to realize this during my weekend at work after finally having a break down from my depression and all the stress that I have been under lately. I hit a point where I just couldn't keep it together and broke down. But to my surprise I was surrounded in a minute by people who I never thought cared all that much, and it really made me feel better about my situation. I got so used to dealing with things alone that I forgot about the people who loved me, and that they really did.

So my point to this is never let yourself believe that nobody cares, because there is always someone who does. Reach out and be willing to give what you are given, and love like it is your last day on earth.

Status
Not open for further replies.