The Gentlemen's Guide to Piracy Vol 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mitki stared after the tall blonde man in horror. He was attacking a merchant ship? But what had they done to him? They hadn't even attacked first! She knew he was a pirate and that was what pirates did, but coming from a village of trades people, made her sensitive to what was going on.

As the canon balls, flew out and began to batter the merchant ship, she let out a shrill scream, holding her hands up to her mouth. Was he planning to just sink it for fun or something? "What are you doing?" She wailed, dashing after him and grabbing onto the back of his coat, realizing too late that she probably shouldn't be grabbing him at all.

Nick heard the ruckus and the firing of cannons, he rushed up to the gun deck and reloaded a cannon with grapeshot without the need for gunpowder, Nick shot the cannon with magic.

S'nyia

S'nyia bit her bleeding lip to keep from laughing at the look on the slaver's face. She watched as heat creeped up his neck, past his double chin, and into his splotchy cheeks. The mans face turned several interesting colors at the boldness of the new man standing in front of him. "I beg your pardon sir!" Hefting his gigantic girth out of his chair, the slaver stood. "But I am an honest business, and frankly my business is none of yours." Drunkenly, the slaver narrowed his eyes and poked the man in the chest. S'nyia watched, looking back and forth between the two men. Taking, the chance she began to try to wriggle free of her shackles, but all that got her was the feeling of cold metal biting into her flesh. Sighing, she waited to see what would happen, she didn't know why this man was confronting the slaver, but she said nothing. However, if this was some crazy plan to buy or steal her away from the slaver, she'd wring his neck, even if he was getting her away from the awful man.

Suddenly, all the merchants throw off their garments and pull out muskets. They pull of the sheeting, revealing several cannons. "FIRE!" The commander bellows, and the cannon balls tear through the side of your ship, musket fire sheeting down on your crew like rain.

"Men, brace yerselves!" He yelled as he noticed the muskets and grabbed onto something while he lowered his head, using the helm as a makeshift shield as he ducked behind it. After the barrage, he unsheathed his sword with a sling of curses and did some sort of twirling movement towards the enemy boat. After a short while a mass of water slammed heavily into onto the deck of the enemy ship; after giving the signal, another round went off from the canons as they manoeuvred around the ship.

Cannon fire is exchanged between the two ships, both sustaining heavy damage. The soldiers not manning the cannons are up on the rigging, firing their muskets, raining down on your crew.

Merchant Ship: Good Condition
1 Wounded Crew member

Your ship: Decent Condition
7 Wounded Crew Members
1 Mortally wounded crew member

|| Lerian Monstricru // Freland // responding to S'nyia and Calder

Lerian had been around these parts for a long time. Well; a long time being a year, and a year is a pretty long time for someone who calls herself a pirate to be lounging off in Freland. Freland. It was a rowdy place, each day some crazy incident and never exactly the same. Pirates, she thought with both amusement and disdain. It goes to say that Lerian had seen many of these "crazy incidents" in her time here, and although none surprised her, she knew where to keep her neck out of trouble. Not that she paid any heed to reason. She was a Pirate, after all. Trouble finds her, whether she likes it or not.

So it just happened to be one of those days. She could tell the moment the slaver and his merchandise walked into the bar, the idiot was loud, even for one of his own. If there was a low to this lowly place, slavers were it. Selling people to make money- of course, at this point, they weren't people. Merchandise. Lerian had come to terms with this inhumane trade long ago. After all, her own family had kept more than ten a time. But that was back then, and she had been naive. The man she had been discreetly playing with earlier(and whom's lap she sat on and whose gold now rested nicely in her pockets) had already turned his head away from the situation. Men.
She was surprised when another man stepped up to the situation. A slight smile made it's way to her lips at his response. I stand corrected.

However, the slaver had gotten the bright idea of poking the man. None around these parts ever took kindly to that. She left the foreign lap, and leaped into the situation with grace. "Now, my gentle sir, I'm sure you aren't looking for trouble with such lowly people. You come here to do business, isn't that right? Well, let me lighten your burden." from her pocket, she took out a heavy coin-purse she had stolen from her sitting-partner. The fool was drunk now, and too out of his senses to have noticed her flashing his money. Her other hand rested on the fat geezer's chest and she was close enough to him to be choking on his stench. She held the urge in.

"I'm sure this will cover the costs."

Barus turned around to look at the commotion behind himself, noticing the quarrel going on with the slave master, the other man, and his slave. Barus examined the woman before shrugging the situation off. He than began to picture in his mind what it would be like to have a slave of his own. He wouldn't even have to steal any other merchants products for his own, he would just have to have his slave do it for him. His conscience suddenly got the best of him, and decided against it. Getting a slave would not help him realize his dream, and it would just cause him to feed another mouth. Barus also did not favor the way that the slave trader was treating her, but he had no power over anything.

A sigh came from Barus before seeing yet another woman walk up to the slave trader. He couldn't hear much besides something about business and a burden. Barus watched closely as the woman swindled the drunkard of his money, and tried to purchase the slave like so. He rose his eyebrows in surprise before shaking his head, and smiled to himself. He was now interested at the new individual in the bar.

"I just might approach that woman on her way out, if she makes it out with the slave."

Would it have been that terribly difficult to just contact me and discuss the events? I guess no?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ivory is sitting in the corner of the bar at a empty table her back to the wall her Cutlass at her hip wearing a red cloak her hood up her hair and most of her face. She watches as a slaver, slave, a man and a courtesan get into a argument impressed when she sees the courtesan offering to pay for the slave with the purse she just snatched. She keeps watching them curious of what will happen next as she takes a swig of rum from her bottle.

"Cap'n, sir, we've got seven wounded, one in critical," Michael's second in command explained to him. This infuriated him; he'd thought the ship poorly manned and poorly gunned, and now he was within it's deathly grasps taking a beating. Cursing his luck, he ordered his men to unfold all the sails and started to manoeuvre his ship until he saw an opportunity to sail away and took it to get a distance from the bloody muskets. Using his sword he called another wave that made to slam heavily onto the ship.

"Load the chain shots," he said to Tim who screamed out the command. "Fire the swivels! Leave the chains to my command!" He yelled, and once he thought they were a good distance, he gave the command, fifteen chained canon balls flew with the intent of immobilizing the merchant ship. Sweat was dripping down his face, and he felt like passing out; although he had used magic before, it was never to that extent, never had he need to call on waves to rock a ship and now that he had done it twice it made him feel like he wanted to hurl.

"Mitki!" He shouted wiping the sweat away from his brow, his breathing laboured as if he had run several kilometres. "Go to my cabin and get my me rum! I need some if I'm to see this battle through!"

One lone soldier waves his hands at the chain shots, and while it doesn't stop them, it slows them and alters their course slightly. One misses, while the others hit the back of the ship. The merchants turn and fire all they have into your ship, before turning again and slowly reaching closer.

MERCHANTS: Decent Condition
3 Wounded

YOU: Decent Condition
6 Wounded
1 Infected
1 Mortally Wounded

You need more doctors!

Mitki had been scrambling back and forth, desperately trying to get out of the way of the flying debris and the pirates that were running back and forth. Using her Angampora fighting ability, she twirled and back flipped out of the way of some pirates rushing to reload the canons, not seeming to care who was in their way or not. She leapt to the side, as a canon slammed into the deck, causing wood to splinter and fly in all direction. Pausing for a second, she crouched down and blew a light stream of wind to deflect the jagged wooden shards.

When the Captain called upon her services, she almost threw her hands up in the air and questioned why in world he wanted to drink now. But thought better of it and ran off to locate the captains cabin. It was pretty easy to find, as it was significantly marked. She rushed into the room, grabbing at bottles haphazardly, not really knowing the difference between the drinks, but she figured the bottle with the darkest contents was rum.

"Here you go...Hemm--Captain!" She said, holding out the bottle.

S'nyia

S'nyia watched as a woman who had been sitting on a man's lap suddenly stepped up to the slaver, offering to buy her. She could stand this no longer. Standing up, her eyes flashing with anger she stared the woman down. She opened her mouth to say something but the slaver cut her off, pushing the coin away from him. "I don't do business with women." He looked her up and down. "Especially women of your occupation." His eyes flashed back to Calder, his lip quirking up at the side. "Cat got your tongue, boy?" The slaver yanked on S'nyia's chain. "Now if you'll excuse me, I think I'll take my celebration to another tavern." He walked over to her, unhooking her neck chain from his chair and proceeded to start toward the door, dragging a very angry looking S'nyia with him. Her eyes flicked up to the man's just for a minute, a flash of something almost like sadness flicking into her eyes.

|| Lerian Monstricru // Freland // responding to everyone in the tavern (?)

This man had quite a talent for stepping on people's nerves. And frankly, there were very little things that set Lerian on edge; and the scum had found one and trampled on it. A woman of my occupation? I'll show him my occupation alright.
As he turned away from her, she through on a smile and her arms around his neck, like a drunk would do. Giggles trailed and covered her menacing tone against his ear from most. She had a dagger against the man's neck, her sleeves covering the hilt. "Release the madam, or we will have to put on quite a show. Women of my... occupation have quite a talent for that." she hissed, pressing the blade even more into slaver's thick neck, drawing small drops of blood.
By this point, it was probably more obvious was she was doing to more eyes, but fights like this broke out all the time. Usually over more insignificant things, like a missed coin here and there, or a drink not paid. She hadn't jump into this to pick a fight, but she never minded one. Pirates solemnly do. And after a year of playing, drinking, stealing and cheating here, she till had enough dignity to not go so low as to call herself a Courtesan. She played the part- when she had to. But if there was something that she had learned during her time, it was that women were rarely considered people, who were apparently not capable of being anything better than a companion to greasy pigs like this man who couldn't get someone on his own without paying.
It was only natural she proved them wrong.

Ivory was about to get up to intervene when the man started to haul the slave girl away but she stopped seeing the woman that had offered him money hold a dagger to see neck noticing the flash of steal instantly, she sits back amused at the sudden turn of events liking this woman already. I hope that fat rotten slaver gets what he deserves if not....well she would make sure of it.

Barus watched as the drunk slaver strung insults at the man and the woman, before pulling the slave girl by her chain. He thought that those statements would be the end of the quarrel, but he was mistaken. The woman reached around the mans neck and whispered something into his ear. Barus rolled his eyes, thinking that was a measly maneuver to get what she wanted. The woman's hand than appeared to be pressing closer to his neck, and Barus started to finally understand her true intent. Although from his point of view he could not see what was in her hand, he guessed that it was a dagger of some sorts. Why was this woman going so far to free this slave from the trader. Maybe it was because they were both woman, or something along those lines. A sly smile then came upon Barus' lips, before looking around the tavern. Most were drunk, and were focused on the fight. Barus then cupped his hands around his mouth before yelling.

"FIGHT, FIGHT! WHO WILL WIN THIS BATTLE?! WILL IT BE THE LARGE CASE OF LARD, OR THE SULTRY MISTRESS WITH A FEISTY NATURE? COME HERE TO PLACE YOUR BETS!"

A cheer came from a corner of the tavern, than it began to spread across the room like wildfire. Chants and claps came from the drunkards within, and Barus frantically looked inside of his pack to look for an ink pen and parchment. Groups of people started to move over to his table to make bets, and he shrugged. He was going to pocket the money anyways. The first step was just to collect the funds, the harder part was finding a way out afterwards.

"YES, YES COME HERE AND PLACE BETS! I SHALL MAKE NOTE OF THIS!"

Surprised at the man yelling about a fight and bet Ivory shakes her head slightly a smile playing at her lips, well thats conniving making money from someone else's fight. She shrugs knowing thats how most pirate life was, she downs the rest of her rum tossing 2g to the bartender "Keep the change" she stands up keeping her scarlet cloak on her hood concealing most of her features she walks over to the man taking the bets slipping through the crowd of drunkards with ease she comes to stand in front of him resting her hand on her sword hilt just in case and sets down 50g "Id like to place a bet, the woman to win" her voice is smooth her tone somewhat cocky

Barus laughed along with the people in the tavern, egging them on to give him more money. He then watched as another shady figure shifted through the crowd towards the front, her hand on the hilt of her sword. He paid no mind to it before watching her place down fifty pieces of gold. He guffawed at this, his mouth wide open before turning back to the woman. This was more money than he has seen in a while, and he wondered how she got hold of this much. He gladly took her bet and nodded to her.

"Arlighty, I'll put you down for the woman to win."

He gave the woman a sly smile, before cackling to himself in his mind. She didn't even know that she was being cheated of her money, not that Barus cared. He took another glance at her hand and how it was placed on the swords hilt. He gave her a grin before leaning back in the chair he was in.

"Why do you look so protective? Think one of these drunkards are going to come out at you and bite you or somethin'?"

She smiles slowly "No Im just a cautious woman, speaking of women..." Faster than anyone can react she draws her sword the tip hovering just below the man's chin the candle light glinting off the silver blade" I believe I win...I didnt specific WHICH woman had to win" she pulls off her hood letting her long golden blonde hair fall loose down her back and shoulders her vivid blue eyes intent on the man in front of her. Some people in the tavern start whispering as they see her the words "Rose of the Sea" carrying to her ears

Status
Not open for further replies.