The Gentlemen's Guide to Piracy Vol. 1 [OOC]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assumed it was slang but I thought it was used for pigeons and seeing as a pigeon on a beach is highly unlikely, I assumed it was some other sort of bird you meant. Stuck with skyrat just to be on the safe side.

I would prefer if you started with just one.

But yes, Three's the limit.

Also, I found a problem with one of the apps. The Privateer one. Something at the end about corrupted officials and THEN going to Freland. Privateers only go to Freland if they aren't working for the Empire or Union, and one corrupted offficial can't wipe away your bounty right as your about to be hung FOR YPUR SERVICES. They would want money, if at all.

Yes, it should be fine

I would prefer if you started with just one.

But yes, Three's the limit.

Also, I found a problem with one of the apps. The Privateer one. Something at the end about corrupted officials and THEN going to Freland. Privateers only go to Freland if they aren't working for the Empire or Union, and one corrupted offficial can't wipe away your bounty right as your about to be hung FOR YPUR SERVICES. They would want money, if at all.

That puts my character in a pickle D:

Also it was assumed that he had given the official a sum of money, naturally. If you want I could clarify. And what do you suppose I do about the couple of posts I already made on the IC with my character in Freland? Do I edit them out?

I wish people would quit asking :p

OF COURSE WE ARE :D

Okay, once have access to a computer I will start working on a CS. I may need a recap and I will have more questions.

Gg if you don't mind, add "ACCEPTING FOREVER" to the OP

@guygombaa
@Krazaz
I edited my character's history a bit and made him a buccaneer - I plan on turning him into a privateer during the RP. I hope that's fine.

Just change your bio so you haven't been hired by the Empire *yet*. That way you can still be in Freland.
Having that high a bounty at 23 is a little odd. Just edit that bit out I guess.

IF WE WERENT ACCEPTING, IT WOULD SAY SO D:

And yes, Cactush, yours is fine.

DS, you will most certainly not need a recap. It's been 1 page and a fee posts, most of which are mid length, besides of which, each character has their own individual story, you don't need to know that of others.

THE GENTLEMEN'S GUIDE TO PIRACY VOL.1 REVISED EDITON
The revised edition includes more detail and finer records of events that occur!

You must now keep track of your money! Everybody, by default, has 500 gold pieces, except for nobles, who being with 2000, unless there is reason for your character to have less/more. You don't need to confirm with me if you want less.

Weapons and equipment must now be maintained! Steel will rust, blades will dull and chip, and wood will rot!

Map will be up today of currently established colonies! Be advised, crappy Paint.Net map inbound!

Bounty hunters aren't being accepted anymore! We have too many already! We need more variety! Come on guys!

You can now accrue bounty! The more money on your head, the more likely a bounty hunter or privateer will be contracted to kill you! You have an individual bounty for the Union and the Empire
1000+ Law enforcement may recognise you!
2000+ Law enforcement will be suspicious of you, and low level NPC bounty hunter may come for you!
3000+ Privateers may be contracted to kill you, law enforcement is more likely to recognise you!
5000+ Player characters may be contracted to kill you and Guards will investigate on sight
7000+ Guards will attack on sight, you enter the most wanted bounty list.

When you start taking to the seas, a few things will happen:
DISEASE! For that realistic near-death RPing experience! Old school favorites such as Scurvy and The plague will appear, aided by some fresh new faces :3

LEGENDARY BEASTS!- White Whales named Moby, Arrr be the Krakken, and some other spooky beasts lay beneath the deepest seas!

LEGENDARY PIRATES!- Fearsome ships lie in wait along the ocean! The greats, raiders, and may even some spooky ghoooosts!

All this will be regulated by me+krazaz. It will all be added to the OP within an hour or two.

Last edited by a moderator:
That changes a lot, as I was going to decline your offer

Also Scurvy! Pack some citrus!

Also, a note for the future, when fighting an NPC ship, it will be RPed by mods. Not you, because that's unfair :>

Hey, is it okay that I make an Edward Teach variant for my character? I could make him a re-imagined version.

Barus "Two Timer" Arundel

Magic: None

Skills: Swordsmanship, Haggling, Persuasion, Thievery

Group: Merchant

Appearance:
Pirate_by_fog_mire.png

Bio: Barus was born in the pirate town of Freland, his father being a small merchant and his mother a bartender at the local pub. As a child Barus would usually walk with his father to his stall, and watch him sell his items to the rowdy folk of the town. Most of them seemed like shady characters and to a young Barus, all were very intimidating. It seemed to him as if his father was the only honest man in this town, the only man with a clear name. The time that Barus spent with his father at his stall influenced him a lot, which made him want to become a merchant.

When Barus' father passed away, he was around 19 years old. Barus took his old stall and continued to sell under their name. Many days passed since his fathers death and he wasn't making enough money to support himself or his mother. He looked around at the other stalls and saw the reason why he was being beat in sales. The items that they were selling looked more foreign, and Barus did not have any items from any other lands. Then an idea popped into his head, an idea so sly that would make him a lot of coin. He left his stall and crept to anothers who's items were locked up. He searched himself and found a cork opener and fiddled with lock. A small clank was heard and the lock was opened. Barus reached in and grabbed the items before closing the hatch back up and pulled the clamp down to lock it. Barus then crept back to his stall before yelling out for the townsfolk, saying that he had rare items from the Krag Island to sell.

Even if the item was made up, it still attracted many customers.

"Come get this rare jewel from Krag!"

Hook line and sinker. Many of these adventurers and pirates had never heard of Krag before, so of course they were interested. Barus also knew that no other merchants were selling the items he had, letting him place the items at any price he wished. Making money from this manuever gave Barus' the idea of finding a crew to sail the seas with, finding unique items to sell for high amounts of coin.

Inventory: Cutlass, Bottle of Rum, Large bag to hold items (Inventory shall fill up with more items obtained through out the RP.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I DON'T CARE, FEEL FREE, YOU CAN'T TAKE THE SKY FROM MEEEEEEE!

(Yeah, sure.)

DENIEEEEEEED!
How is speech a skill? Do you mean bargaining perhaps? Persuasion? Trading isn't really a skill either, do you mean haggling?

You also said Pirate, which is not one of the groups, and you then described yourself as a Merchant :o

Lol, so many mistakes. Sorry I am a little tired from the things I was doing today. Lemme tidy this up.

Ship Name: The Grey Queen
Ship Appearance:
the-old-ship-sheila-kay-mcintyre.jpg

But the sails are simpler, with only two on each mast.
Ship Size: Medium sized ship of about BLUH BLUH BLUH
Defenses: 45 Cannons, 4 mortars, 2 swivels and a few muskets for the crows nest.

ACCEPTED :I

GG! I just want you to know that my character is currently rping with yours. Just informing thee :D

EDIT: Oh, and he might also be more than slightly smitten with her :P

Status
Not open for further replies.