The Gentlemen's Guide to Piracy Vol. 1 [OOC]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Malice is English your first language? I'm curious.

No, sorry for my, uh ... mistakes. Grammar mistakes.

I shall quote OP for you.

"This is correct.

Forever accepting is we."

Hullo.

Not to sound rude, but if you aren't applying, don't just say 'Hello'. It is considered impolite.

By me, anyway.
Sorry, I was thinking of applying, I was just placing a break in the confusion.
But I have a question, are Bounty Hunters on good terms with Buccaneers?

I would guess no based on the fact that most of the time Bounty Hunters would be hunting Buccaneers, but that's not my decision to make

There is no such thing as good terms, everyone has a job to do

Most likely the case would just be that as long as a bounty hunter is not hunting said pirate or any of his friends then they'd probably be a bit indifferent to each other.

Bounty Hunters and Buccaneers are both Freelancers, meaning it depends on the people, not the group.
Basically, as long as you are in the same group (Bounty Hunters are in all three, because they are freelance but are for hire.) it's possible.
I suppose even if you aren't it still is, but mainly just if you are.

And yes, forever accepting is we.

Sweet, I might try out a Bounty Hunter, gimme a few hours to write a CS.

Name: Troy Helion

Magic: No

Skills: Sword Fighting, Hunting, Lock-Picking, Cooking. Bare-hand Fighting

Group: Bounty Hunter

Appearance:
deJDN61.png
deJDN61.png

Bio: Growing up as a young Bastorian boy, Troy grew up hating the world he lived in, he hated the Empire and the Union for their petty quarrels with each other. He hated Pirates too, but not as much, they seemed reasonable, being
ballsy enough to kick both the Empire and the Union where it hurt from time to time, although it seemed a lonely life. He never could quite see the bigger picture of being a free man, free from the worries of living with the other
two factions. He grew up in a poor family, having to live with the constant fighting between his family and with the rest of his neighbours, they were the lowest of the low, considered scum by the nobles.

Troy usually spent his childhood stealing food and other necessities from other people, he found a particular liking to lock-picking, using this skill to steal from people while they weren't at their homes. Although, this usually led to troubles
with people if he was caught, it usually ended with a lot of jail time for his family, or worse. When he turned 18 his father died, leaving Troy to look after his sick Mother and his younger Sister, he needed a form of a job, and since no-one trusted him because of his track record he had to broaden his horizons, he knew he could never come back to pay for his family if he became a Buccaneer, being a Privateer was just as much of a risk, seeing he would be offered money for switching sides time and again, Troy felt hopeless, and then me met a man one day. This man had a hard look on his face and equipment and weapons from head to toe, and a sword that gleamed beauty and spoke of blood, everyone looked at this man with fear and respect, even the guards dared raise an eyebrow at him. Troy by now had enough grit and guts to look a man in the eyes and tell him he was seeing his wife, he walked up to the man, fearlessly, and asked for his name. The man turned around, a face with muscles built to intimidate people fell upon the foolhardy gaze of Troy. The Man studied him, he found that Troy was not scared of him, for whatever reason.

"My name, is Caster Kingston. I am a Bounty Hunter."

Those words echoed in Troy's mind, he had never heard of a Bounty Hunter, let alone meet one. Troy talked to the Caster for a good while, learning about the trade of bounty hunters and what they do, he learnt that they were free to work for whoever they please, when they please, as long as the price is right. Troy asked Caster if he could become a bounty hunter, he explained that he needed money to pay for his Mother and Sister's food and house. Caster took another long gaze at the young man, sized him up, and finally agreed to take him under his wing, to show him how to be a bounty hunter, he gave Troy the job he needed. Caster visited his family and talked to them as well, and gave them a large bag of money, to pay for their food until Troy was experienced enough to come back and look after them. Caster them took Troy to meet his band of bounty hunters. The had one navigator, Castor explained that most Bounty Hunters can't sail, so they usually pay for a temporary Privateer to sail them around. The rest were blacksmiths, Warriors, defected Empire soldiers and the like. Troy had felt like he found where he belonged...

For the next 8 Years, Caster taught Troy a great deal of things. He taught him the ways of the sword, utilizing Troy's natural Ambidextrous hands to create a sword-style that could turn the tide of a duel in a flash. He taught him how to look after his equipment, and who to stay away from and who was a friend. Troy had many sparring matches with one of Caster's crewmen, Lily, most came down to bare-knuckle blows once they had disarmed each other, many of these Troy lost, since he's used to having the comfortable range of a sword to back him up in a fight. Lily taught him a way to utilize his fancy swordplay with straightforward punches so he could combine very dangerous, yet non-fatal blows if he needed someone alive. Lily quickly became a good friend of Troy's, they had similar back-stories, but had grown up on different sides of a waging war, but they knew that as bounty hunters, that information was moot, and they accepted that, and eventually fell in love with each other. After a few years of Bounty Hunting, Lily proposed to Troy after they had killed their target, there, amongst the blood of the battle that had waged, he accepted. Lily and Troy returned to Troy's old home, where Lily settled down and looked after Troy's Mother and Sister, with Troy visiting after every job. Troy had decided to run his bounty hunting solo from that point, he farewelled Castor, and thanked him for the life he had given him. Now Troy, with his hired Sailing partner, has returned to his Bounty Hunting, ready to take on the world once again...

Inventory: Sharpened, one-handed cutlass adorned with various ribbons. Black Gloves fitted with hidden weights in the knuckles to improve his punches. A picture of his Wife and his Family. A Water Canteen and a small bag of money.

Notes/Suggestions: Know any good Image Sites?

Last edited by a moderator:
The day was nigh, the sun was shining, and the brisk sea air sprayed a cooling sensation upon the skin of the crew as the ship sailed on. The colours that the ship was flying were those of the Jolly Roger, with a skull placed in front of two swords crossed diagonally. As the gentle rocking sensation of the sea eased the ship along in its course, it forced a young man aboard to feel strong emotions welling inside him. Jim Hawkins loved the sea and everything about it. Just trying to count the numerous wonders and untold secrets the sea withheld could easily have driven any man insane, but not Jim. His mind was always set on adventure, even if it meant that he had to take risks in order to acquire it. While he spent most of the time aboard this ship in the brig preparing meals, he treasured the time he spent regarding the views. As his heart pumped with thrills of adventure and wonder, he cracked a small smile and stared out into the horizon. There wasn't much that could make him smile in this world, but sailing always put him in a good mood. In fact, he normally sung when he was sailing, which often resulted in joyful sea-shanties. He only sung to himself, however, but they were still signs that the boy was in a pleasant moos for a change as apposed to the constant negativity surrounding his being. As what appeared to be an island came up on the horizon, Jim opened his mouth and a powerful melody escaped his lips, quietly serenading himself, with the sea as his only witness.
Tis a damn tough life full of toil and strife, we weathermen undergo.

And we don't give a damn when the day is done, how hard the winds did blow.

Cause we're homeward bound from the Arctic round, with a good ship taught and free.

And we don't give a damn when we drink our rum, with the girls of Old Maui.

Rolling down to Old Maui, me boys. Rolling down to Old Maui.
We're homeward bound from the Arctic round
Rolling down to Old Maui.

As the song concluded, the brown haired boy slowly stood up from his position on the mast of the ship and climbed down to the poop deck. He made his way through the crew, who were rowdy and cheerful at the recent news of arrival in Alvania. The Captain of the ship, Edward Hopkins, steered the wheel with excitement on his face. Captain Hopkins was quite different from many other captains, mostly in the respect that he wasn't really up for the whole "raiding, pillaging, killing" deal which other pirates seemed to cherish. Instead, he only raided rum and (if he could help it), didn't sink the ships of his enemies, but rather left them for dead and gave them a chance to escape. A merciful pirate gained more reputation then a vengeful one, because everybody secretly wishes to get the guy who won't blow their ship out of the water. While the crew thought some of the Captain's actions were odd, Jim, however, believed them to be respectable. In fact, Captain Hopkins seemed to be nothing more then a man who sought for adventure, rum, and a bit of gold if he could find any. This was a large accomplishment in Jim's book, because he was one of the few people that the boy actually liked and even cared about in his life. As his negative thoughts towards the rowdy and vicious nature of the crew continued, Jim made his way to the bunks and sat down on a crate. Reaching into a bucket, he pulled out a potato and began to peel it. Most of the time when he wasn't helping up on the poop deck or singing shanties while sitting upon the mast, Jim was peeling or chopping various food items in the bunkers so the crew could eat at any time.

Finally, after around another few hours of sailing (and a few more shanties from Jim, who had finished around 40 potatoes), the ship known as "The Princess Elizabeth" pulled up into the docks of Alvania. While the crew began to tie her down, Jim made his way off the boat so he could try to find something interesting in town. The crew of the Princess Elizabeth had been to Alvania many times before, but Jim was always noticing that new shops and buildings were being set up in between their visits. As he wandered along the beach, he saw a small two-story shop and decided to enter. His face was now solemn, yet emotionless. The reason for this, was deep inside of him, the joy of sailing had gone. Now, he was back to his normal ways, pretending like nothing in the world could ever hurt him in any way. As he approached the counter, he rung a small bell which had been placed there as a way to alert the owner when customers entered. "Hello. Shop-Keep? I want to see your wares immediately. Come and show me them." he called out, his harsh word choice sounding more like an order then an actual request.

OBJECTION!

Pirates MUST start in. Freland, for the very reason of avoiding such interactions so early on! Regardless of ships! You also don't know how far Alvania is, AND, a ship sailing the jolly roger would be shot on sight!

I just use google images to find all my pics! :v

I will accept you when you have a body :3

Yes that bothered me as well, Characters need to be of equal standing, starting independently with little to their name (other than nobles of course)

Name:
Michael Hemmenway

Magic:
Yes - water

Skills:
-Sailing
-Sword play
-Singing

Group:
Buccaneer

Appearance:
Michael has a golden set of hair that reaches just past the nape of his neck which he covers in a plaid bandana under a feathered tricorne. His eyes are gold and have a constant look of anger or annoyance about them, his mouth, due to a scar looks as if it's constantly sneering and has a small golden stubble across his face.

His height is about six feet and two inches and is average in build; he wears a simple blue cuffed tunic tucked under a set of black trousers all under a red-blue coat. Around his neck is a gold medallion depicting a sea-monster with wings and tentacles, his other jewellery include a multitude of rings around his fingers and earrings around his ears.

Bio:
Michael grew up with his mother who always told him his father was captain of one of the Empire ships, thus as a kid, it became his ultimate dream to become part of the Empire. He would go to the outskirts of the little island he lived on and play swords with sticks he had found on the ground with a couple of friends, "training" as he called it. However, an unexpected visit from his father on a fateful day several years into his teen life changed everything for Michael. It was then that he found out that his father was in fact a pirate, and well known and feared pirate captain, at that.

But he couldn't believe what he saw. What he had expected to be a clean, respectable man, was in fact a dirty, stinking pirate. He wanted nothing to do with the man when he came but found himself being kidnapped onto the ship despite his mother's protests. He lived on the ship for several years, getting used to the pirate life despite himself. At the age of twenty he inherited his father's ship after the old man's death as well as the crew. His fame as a pirate grew only a bit over the years, mainly due to being the son of Eric Hemmenway, and now he docks in Freland.

Inventory:
Compass, rapier, four pistols, and a bottle of rum.

Ship Name:
The Red Crow

Ship Appearance:
pirate_ship_by_jonigodoy-dz0agc.jpg

Ship Size:
130 feet in length; 30 feet in height; and 25 feet in width

Defenses: 30 canons and three swivel guns​

Last edited by a moderator:
Right then, sorry... There wasn't really a clear indication about where or how I should start so I made that.

Name:
Cillian Wright

Magic:
No

Skills:
~Sailing
~Sword Fighting
~The use of two pistols at the same time
~Drawing

Group: Bounty Hunter

Appearance:
Cillian is short and possesses elegant features, his hair is fairly wavy and rough. He also has light stubble around his chin from not shaving in a while. He has a scar across his nose from a fight long ago.
Even when he tries to wear formal clothing Cillian looks scruffy. He usually wears a brown shirt with a green jacket over it and light brown trousers. His hair colour is brown and his hair has a blonde streak running through the side. His eyes are a light blue and are commanly mistook for grey.
Bio:
Cillian grew up with his mother,father and his younger sister who has the closest to him out of all the family. His father had often told him tale of far away islands filled with tresure and pirates, this only had his dream of sailing and spending his life on the open seas stronger. Everyday his father would teach him about sailing and fighting, it was the best part of his childhood. As he grew older his dreams of becoming an honorable man began to crumble as he nearly wasted all his family hard earned money on rum,women and gambling. Despite his mother begging his father to let him stay, his father kicked Cillian out of the house.
We wandered the streets for years stealing and doing small jobs here and there. One day when he has out wandering around he over heard a group of men talking about a bounty that had been set on a pirate, it was not a lot of money granted but Cillian did not have much of a choice. So he hunted down the pirate and got the money, which only lead to him craving for more so he made a profession out of bounty hunting.

Inventory:
~ Two pistols
~ A bottle of rum
~Cutlass
~ A notebook filled with drawings

Is there a one character limit? Or can we have more than one?

Accepted... Regarding multiple characters it is up to Gg but he usually goes three maximum per player. Let's wait for Gg to confirm on that.

Oh and just so we are clear skyrat is just slang for a seagull.

Status
Not open for further replies.