9am-10pm EST
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
-Action
-Science Fiction (mild and hardcore science!)
-Harem
-Moa
Gate-11.jpeg

A RP by The Perfect Cadence
Co-GMs: Enlisting

They came through to our world that day
and we'd beaten them back
But now... its up to us to collect the bill.

The Preface
883b755dc4b3bb078d2f59cba4306991.jpg

Welcome to New Vekta, the Capitol of the: United Kingdom of Gallia
What’s left of it that is.

It all began on that fateful day when our two world collided. A Gate was created not by us, but them, bridging the dimensions of our two worlds together. It paved the way for The Empire to launch a full scale invasion of our great country. Everyone who was caught in the initial crossfire stood no chance as… as the imperial army stormed out of The Gate and spilled a sea of carnage, blood, and death. We could’ve done nothing to prepare ourselves for this, simply all we could do was to embrace the people nearest to us, and watch as the enemy as they killed us all, one by one.

The government was totally shattered, The Empire had struck the heart of our once proud and glorious nation. The Senate, the House of Commons, Parliament, all in its entirety, were burned to the ground all in one day. Our enemies ransacked our beautiful palaces in the capitol, looting everything that was a key symbol of our nation for themselves. To add more to the broth, their assault didn’t just stop there. Whilst we were occupied with reorganizing ourselves amidst the chaos and confusion, our enemies casted their gazes onto the nearby cities.

Storming onto the doorsteps, our enemies did nonetheless than what they’d done back in New Vekta. Pillage, Rape, Burn, Destroy, Everything. They enjoyed themselves in this lustful indulgence for a month, a month that we used to gather our hatred and build an Iron Fist that will punch them back to where these filthy rats came from. Then… we executed.

It took us four months, four months of brutal, unethical, and savage fighting before we finally beat the beast back into its cage. This was no Victory. As we looked around ourselves at what remained of our once graceful Capitol, we knew that there was a bill that needed to be paid in full by our enemy.
And WE ARE going to make them pay.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Roleplay
wallhaven-245637.jpg

The Gate to Victory- is primarily an alternate reality-realism Roleplay based primarily inside the grounds of The Empire from the anime: Akame Ga Kill. You are affiliated with the 6th​ Royal Tank Regiment [6th​ RTR], a regiment specializing in armored warfare that had proven itself over and over again in history. Serving the Crown of the Gallia in war, over and over again. You are a tank crew member, commander, gunner, driver, or loader, your role inside your behemoth is a critical asset to the success of survivability of your comrades in arms. You are trained, equipped, and fed the best of the best.

In exchange, the new Government of Gallia asks you, to venture into the unknown and discover what lies beyond our known world. They ask you, to venture into the Dark Gate where the evil that had ravaged our nation had originated from.

You will spearhead the advance, diving head first into whatever awaits us on the other side of the portal. Expect dangers that you have never faced before, nor have been documented in the books of war. Your enemy is fearless, they too possess what is needed to kill you, even if you’re inside a 75 ton tank.
They will do anything to prevent you from serving their “Emperor” the bill and his own plate of Justice.
Will you take up your arms, or will you stay at home and huddle around a fire that’ll soon grow hot?

I await your answer.

Notes:
  • This idea has been thrown back and forth inside my mind for two years already. Shy I was, but now no longer. I want to pitch this idea to other and see if anyone else has an interest in an RP like this before I fully flesh out the story.
  • I’m feeling that detail is key in this RP, therefore I would predict the level of each post should be in between Intermediate-Advance structure.
  • I also want to maintain a certain degree of realism for this RP. In other words I would like some military regulations, ROE, and etc. fly about in the air of this RP. It doesn’t have to be major, but just an amount that would remind us that it’s there.
  • Magic will be incorporated into this RP, however usage of it will be only available to me, and my two assisting DMs. It is recommended that you read a little bit about the magic in Akame Ga Kill (Teigus, Shingus, and etc.) before you proceed. If you have a general expertise in alchemy, that is also fine too.
  • This Roleplay was also heavily inspired by the 2015 anime: Gate. I just felt they could have done a better job with the backstory as in, the empire actually did brutal shit to cities instead of… just I chose antagonize the Akame Ga Kill component because I felt that the backstory of The Empire in that particular story fits perfectly into this spot thanks to the brutality exhibited inside of it.
  • I ask that everyone who expresses interest in this RP to bear with me for the long run. I am quite new to Iwaku and also the entire idea of running a “professional” roleplay. I also ask that everyone… don’t be too hard on me in making major plots. I can do that however in life, I am a student attending Medical school so me allocating a time on my plate for this RP is already… a difficult task to accomplish.
  • Lastly, looking for DMs! PM me if interested in that job… You get free cookies!!!

Last edited:
I'll see if I can get some Light Novels to read up on my GATE lore.

I'll place interdast.

Wwwwwonderrfuull!

Anyways, I'm still looking for one more staffer to help me out here and there (Karaya I know you can help me here so... Cookie for you..)

I'm going to wait for another 3 people to hop aboard before I post the "19K" (OC) thread.

Speaking of tanks...

I'm debating on which tank we should use.

Being a Britt, I would honestly love to hop onto a Challenger 2 right from the start but that might be a bit unfair for everyone else. So... I'll let you chaps decide!

Here are some options:
M1A2 SEPv.2
Leopard 2A6
AMX Leclerc

Kind of want to stick with NATO tanks as I'm not too much interested into non-NATO affiliated equipment.

My vote is for the M1A2

So tank crew huh, interesting, also for OCs, mind if I use my male, just adapt him for here?

(Also off to bed now, night everyone)

Well, this certainly seems like an interesting concept, allow me to invest my interest here, sure as sure! And as for tanks, definitely putting my vote forward towards the Challenger 2.

Hello friendos! I too will participate! As for the tanks...I am on the fence between the Leclerc and Leopard.

Also it seems that this rp might attract more than the 4 person crew of the tank (we have 6 people in total right now). So maybe add a light armored vehicle/troop transport that holds regular soldiers. Since tank crews rarely fight outside their tank, a small squad of soldiers would be useful in such things as scouting ahead, defending from attacks, etc.

Last edited:
What do all you chaps think with that idea? From my standpoint I can work things out for this RP if we were to incorporate the suggested element.

• Thank You
Reactions: Dunruffle
I'm up for it, can work as tank crew or supporting infantry, what is needed I'll modify my OC Adam as.

Also got a good profile pic as what he looks like.

Looks good Sakamoto Sho'yi.

Anyways, I have decided. For the OC thread everyone will be making 1 Tank crewmember (you can mingle with other players too as in, two guys in one tank). And you will also be making another OC but this time he will be a part of a platoon of Marine Reconnaissance.

Not Marine force Reconnaissance, instead they'll be working a bit like the Marines featured in Generation Kill.

Looks good Sakamoto Sho'yi.

Anyways, I have decided. For the OC thread everyone will be making 1 Tank crewmember (you can mingle with other players too as in, two guys in one tank). And you will also be making another OC but this time he will be a part of a platoon of Marine Reconnaissance.

Not Marine force Reconnaissance, instead they'll be working a bit like the Marines featured in Generation Kill.
So does that mean there will be more than one main battle tank? Also what if we only want to make one character (I like to keep myself focused on one individual).

So does that mean there will be more than one main battle tank? Also what if we only want to make one character (I like to keep myself focused on one individual).

Same thing, I like to focus on one OC rather than 2

Thanks Candence, I think the picture works pretty well.

So we are having two OCs then, I am a little confused, I mean. I can work as two if need be but I mainly focus on one, but, I can make it work if needed.

Hhhmmm.... I might have to rework the entire premise then. I understand that if we're tank crew, then we want get much ground action... We'll just be confined within the interior of our vehicles for most of the duration....

How about we rework it toward mechanized infantry?

Works for me.

I can dig things being moved towards mechanized infantry.

Hhhmmm.... I might have to rework the entire premise then. I understand that if we're tank crew, then we want get much ground action... We'll just be confined within the interior of our vehicles for most of the duration....

How about we rework it toward mechanized infantry?
Whatever works for you. But I agree mechanized infantry would probably work. There we get a mix of tanka and regular soldiers.

Status
Not open for further replies.