The Games (Gusioxo and Mocking_Jayy)

While Lauren waited for Rhydderch to return, she conversed with the male, who's name happens to be Nate. Apparently this was his grandfather's shop, though the old man was off in vacation somewhere so he was running the store. He was pretty cool and a great person to converse with. Suddenly his gaze strayed over to the front door when a head popped in or well at least tried to. "I'm guessing he's back." Nate commented right when Rhydderch told her he was here. "Yeah. Well it was nice meeting you Nate. Maybe I'll see you later." She said while placing the ointments in her side bag, before reaching for the saddle. "Do you want some help?" Nate questioned and she shook her head. "No, I got it. Thanks." Her eyes widened when she picked it up. "Oh god, it's heavier than I thought." She told Rhydderch as she wobbled towards the exit and got out. "Here, let me place it on you, so we could test it out." She moved over to his side and waited on until he was laying down. With a grunt, she attempted to throw the saddle onto his back, only for her to fall on her bum and the saddle on top of her. "Ughh..." She groaned and looked towards Rhydderch. "Can you...move it?" She questioned with a sheepish smile. Maybe she should've accepted Nate's help.

Rhydderch chuckled at Laurens struggles. "Sorry but that was great to watch." He stuck his front arm out for her to stand on. The girl plus the saddle still shouldnt be much of a challenge for him. Using his elbow as stepladder he watched Lauren put the saddle on his back. He expected it to be constricting but it wasnt too bad. He glared at her. "Do not call me a steed."

"Yes, because my struggles are entertaining to watch." Rolling her eyes playfully, she picked up the saddle again and used his arm to get up on his back. Once there, she placed the saddle on his before climbing off again. "Now why would I call you that?" She questioned with a chuckle as she looked up at Rhydderch. "Can you stand a bit, so I could buckle in the straps?" Hopefully the saddle helped. They would probably need to practice in it so they could get accustomed to it. "Does it bother you?" She questioned as she met his gaze. The last thing she wanted was for him to feel uncomfortable with it.

He stood up and shook his head. "No its fine as long as you strap it on tightly." the saddle wasnt as comfortable as flying without ofcourse. But if he had to do strange manouvres while fighting Lauren would surely be knocked off. "We have to practice a lot. When is the first fight anyway? And you still havent explained the rules of whatever game we're gonna play"

Lauren nodded and went under him to strap in the saddle. "Is this fine?" She questioned as she tightened it and waited for his response. "We do need to practice." She agreed as she buckled in the strap, before moving out from under him. "The first fight is the day after tomorrow. I don't even know what's gonna happen in the fight yet, but they're going to explain it to us tomorrow." She stated as she glanced over to Rhydderch. "Now, let's go get something to eat."

He shook his head. "You know i had a pretty big meal a few hours ago. I hate to say it but dragons.. like reptiles digest food exceptionally efficiently. I think we should practice a little before we reward ourselves."

Lauren thought for a second before nodding. "Alright, let's go then." Climbing on, she sat on the saddle and shifted a bit. It was a bit strange sitting on one, but it wasn't something uncomfortable. Grabbing on, she relaxed and looked to Rhydderch. "I'm ready."

Rhydderch grinned and galloped to an open spot. He took off the second his surroundings allowed it and he climbed steeply spinning until he spread out his wings and coming to a full stop abruptly. He checked if she was still on the saddle. It was a barrier between them he had to get used to but it wasnt uncomfortable. At least now she had something to hold on to while he was manouvering. Except his backridge ofcourse.

Lauren was rather surprised as he started off in a gallop. Normally she would bounce around, but she was more stable on the saddle. The second he took off, she tightened her grip on the saddle to the point where her knuckles were white and she leaned forward, close to his body. The wind blew her hair back as they ascended up and he spun. She couldn't help but to grin when he stopped. "It worked." She stated, excitement in her tone. "Now, let's see those maneuvers of yours." She challenged, ready to fully test out the saddle.

Rhydderch nodded and began to gain speed. First a simple corcscrew. Followed by a corkscrew while making a full flip. He was making it touch on her. Or so he hoped. Taking a nose dive he spoke. "Can you still handle it?" through their minds.

Lauren prepared herself for what was to come and held on tightly to the saddle as he began to do the maneuvers he knew. It was a bit of a strain on her hands, but she ignored it. When he suddenly did a nose dive, Lauren's eyes widened and she leaned forward. "Yeah!" She responded as she closed her eyes when they started stinging from the wind.

Rhydderch grinned as they neared the ground. But a few yards before crashing he flapped his wings was as much power as he could muster and send them right back into the sky next to anything on the ground around them flying backwards. "You do need to realise you may also be attacked while on my back. I want you to be certain you can defend yourself too. alright?" He asked hovering in mid air.

Lauren listened to his words and he stated a very good point. "Alright, I'm going to take out my sword and you do those maneuvers again." She wanted to test how well she could hold on with a weapon. Unsheathing her sword, she waited for Rhydderch to go.

Rhydderch took off again and redid most of his manouvres, adding a few he thought especially difficult. He started circling, making the circles smaller and smaller until all they looked like was a red whirlwind. Rhydderch was so curled up he'd be able to bite his own tail if he wanted to.

Lauren held on to the saddle with one hand, the other holding her weapon, as Rhydderch did his maneuvers. Occasionally she would alternate hands, but that wouldn't help her much since her dominate hand was her right. As he continued on, her hand began to tire. Suddenly it gave out and she began to slide back, away from where she was suppose to hold on. Clawing at the saddle, she attempted to hold on, but couldn't. "Rhydderch! Stop!" She yelled and found herself slipping.

Rhydderch slowed down and tried to ajust the angle of flight so that Lauren would easily be able to climb back on. "You okay?" He asked her. He lower their altitude and began flying above the roofs. That way when he fell at least she'd break her legs instead of die.

Lauren let go of her sword and she watched it land on one of the roofs. Looking forward, she gripped the end of the saddle with both her hands and pulled herself back towards the saddle. She most certainly did not want to fall and hurt herself. if that happened then they would lose their opportunity to participate in the games for the first time and she didn't want that. "I'm fine. Just struggling a bit here." She said as she finally pulled herself back onto the saddle. "There." She told him with relief.

Rhydderch didnt take any chances and unbelievably gracefully landed on a rooftop. "Go get your sword. We'll need to take it easy when we fight i guess. Although you did hold on abnormally long." He chuckled in the midle of his sentence. "I was putting it all in that whirlwind move. I actually expected you to drop off way earlier so well done i guess."

Lauren breath out a small breath of air and slid off of Rhydderch when he landed on the rooftop, quite gracefully she might add. At his words a small genuine smile of happiness settled onto her lips. "Thanks, I suppose. Those maneuvers were great." She said as she walked to retrieve her sword. Picking it up, she sheathed it and strode back to Rhydderch. "Hey! Get off my roof!" A rough voice growled from below. Lauren chuckled and quickly climbed onto his back on the saddle.