Status
Not open for further replies.
Kamui cursed under his breath and activates his mana theory skill and then raises his staff again "All right let's do this." He sends the blie arcing missile towards the orc hoping for another amazing hit like last time. He was worried about Blade and called out "Stay out of range and heal up."

Colt's eyes widened in pain and surprise at the torrent of axe blows that came his way as one of them struck true and left a brutal gash across his chest. He stepped back as he felt how much damage he had just taken from a single blow from this orc while it could hit him up to four times. The now desperate fighter gritted his teeth as he pushed the health potion from his mind and gripped his weapon tightly before closing the short distance he moved away in a quick step along with a loud battle roar at his desperate situation as he recalled some iconic words from his superiors in his kendo class. Heavy as a hurricane, louder than a fright train! The fighter screams these inspirational words in his mind as he unleashes a full attack upon the orc that had brutalized him in an intense rage of retaliation as his soul burned brightly feeling as though he himself was on a battlefield like that grand old war tales he's cherished ever since he was a child.

Kamui curse again and points the rod towards the orc, damn ugly bastard just go down already. He knew Blade didn't ahve much left in the tank, and he knew that they needed to kill this bastard soon if they were going to survive. Kamui shouts to Blade "Fall back, even if we gegt attacked by the flagpole at least get out of the orcs range of attack." They needed a better plan, Blade should've allowed him to attack first with a mana missile and then get within the rush, but that was the past and Kiryu can scold him later...if they both get out of this.

The battle continued to rage onward, with a flurry of attacks being delivered from both sides. Kamui managed to deliver a dead on Mana Missile right to the Orc, which definitely did some damage, while Blade began to go all out with a quick flurry of slashes. Unfortunately his first one miss, but his second one struck true.

Then, in what could have been considered a burst of adrenaline and will, he managed to at the apex of his attack, execute another attack, utilizing his Power Strike. Unfortunately, in a rather skillful display of two sides, the Orc won out here and managed to barely parry aside the attack. Luckily enough, since the Orc did have to spend a moment parrying the blade using both of its axes, it couldn't utilize the opening that Power Strike left in time.

Unfortunately though now Blade was in a bad spot as both the Flagpole and the Orc were attacking. Fortunately... the Flag Pole continued to be a bit of a disappointment. It launched its blast right past the dueling pair since it was trying not to hit the huge Orc again. Furthermore, the Orc also tripped up as well, as it wound one of its axes for a strike, but instead stumbled a bit, the Axe flying away a few yards as it tripped past Blade.

Utilizing this opportunity, Blade took the chance to strike. Unfortunately said chance didn't do much. The Orc parried most of the blow with its remaining Axe, and even then what of the blow that did hit didn't really seem to do much if anything at all.

Fortunately though the Orc is now down one axe, and in a fury of rage it grips its Axe in both hands now as it then attempts to bring down the hefty weapon upon Blade in a show of brute force and fury, the blade even slightly singing red for a moment with its rage. The blade crashes down right upon Blade's skull, but before the the blade can make an impact, the sigil blocks the axe fully as if the Orc was hitting a wall of solid steel.

Right as the Axe hits the wall, suddenly a large burst of mystical force blasts right back to the Orc, impacting it with such a force that it throws the hefty beast backwards as it lets out a loud cry of rage in a guttural tongue, crashing to the ground about five yards away from Blade with a loud thud. The creature looks like it is trying to get up now, fire burning in its eyes, but slowly that fire goes out as its body begins to break away, the creature struggling more, but it is to no avail.

So with one last guttural roar, its body breaks apart, the creature disappearing into nothing while, at the same time, the Flag Pole attempts to get out one last magical attack on Blade.

The arrow hits dead on, but fortunately Blade managed to turn his body away at the last possible second to at least shave off a good portion of the magical impact. Thanks to that last moment thinking, and his Armor, Blade managed to stay standing after the painful attack, his body now on the verge of passing out at 5 HP.

Still, at least now they could get to the Flag Pole and all they had to do is touch it and say "Capture!" since no one else is in the area and they would win this battle.

Still, at least they received 10 EXP from defeating the Orc, and it looked like 5 Gold Coins were where it once was, along with two vials of green liquid. But for now, capturing the Camp was a bigger priority since it could allow them to heal up and then start grinding towards getting stronger.​

Last edited:
Colt watches as the final moments of the orc are sent away in a puff of black smoke like aura once defeated and gets nicked by the flagpole's attack not being able to rest a single moment. He barely stood up right, mainly hunched over while breathing heavily with his sword scrapping against the ground and his other hand reaching around on his person. His vision was dark and blurry while his hands were shaking violently at this near passing out experience. His nearly dull gray at this point irises lay eyes upon the health potion as he took it out, the outside glass vial was also covered and splattered in his own blood much like himself. He couldn't stand this overwhelming pain and feeling of exhaustion as he dropped his sword and uncorked the potion jittering about in his hand before he quickly drinks it down like a shot before angrily tossing the vial away to his left.

After some additional deep breaths and feeling the worst of his wounds close up the wounded fighter walks and staggers his way over to the flagpole. Still having blurred tunnel vision as he only just healed from a near death experience if Kamui walked up next to him he wouldn't notice at all and wouldn't be the best listener at the moment either. Upon reaching the flagpole Colt smashes the back of his fist against the pole in frustration and yells out the command... "Capture...!" in a low volume grunt like manner as he seems to stare off at the ground until the camp was captured. Afterwards he would regain himself enough so that he could listen and respond to Kamui before they began utilizing their new gains.

The flag seemed to be just ready to fire as Blade got closer, but the moment he punched his fist against the pole and shouted the command word, the neutral grey flag atop the pole would burst into flames, the flag of Team Wolf in its place. The flag, like all of the other team flags, was more of a pennant shaped flag, yet it still wove proudly in the wind. This flag in particular was a silver flag, with a picture of the white silhouette of a wolf upon it.

The domain ring glowed for a moment, and now Blade and Kamui could both feel the restorative affects of the Restoration Field begin to do its work. They could rest in here as they began their plans and purchased upgrades, since they did have 45 Gold Coins to their Team's Name after all. They would also definitely need the rest to restore Mana and regain lost Health as well. Fortunately that wouldn't take too long, maybe around ten minutes or so.

Furthermore, for the Capture of the Camp, the pair did earn another 5 EXP.​

Shouko had her bow out and ready for return fire when Alexander tried to talk them down instead. Much to her surprise, it worked.

"It's great that they backed off... But I'm afraid that we're just allowing them to prepare for a combined attack. Now they know how sturdy our flag pole is," Shouko noted gravely. Their compassion might be their undoing. "Maybe they're losing people already? The archer mentioned about the 'last two members' of another team," she suggested to Tian-Gui.

As for the camp upgrades, Shouko studied the menu at the chest again. There were just too many choices. Finally, she said, "We're going to be stuck here for a while, aren't we? We can get the Chest Upgrade II, but we'll have to buy the monster bait first. Can't let that run-out."

There was nothing more to do than sit tight and fight more monsters. Straying away from the camp was too dangerous. Shouko spent some time going through her own statistics, choosing to Rank Up her Knowledge talent since it was already at the maximum level. Catching sight of Alexander's blonde hair, Shouko said to the young man, "Good job turning them away, Alex. I was- I was almost going to shoot them."

"Do you think we're doing the right thing? Defending myself, I had expected that. But killing others for my own benefit.."

"Just a little bit." Alex agreed, he wasn't going to complain though. He still got experience and skills without anyone being the wiser. I think I will try to talk people out of fighting us any chance I get.

With two of the camp members agreeing on upgrading the chest, it seemed like it was going to unless both he and Xenon both felt strongly against it. Which Alex did not. "It makes sense, if it makes the other purchases cheaper, then it pays for itself right?"

Opening his windows Alex adjusted his stats to fit his current level, then Shouko caught him by supprise, starting by thanking him, she then seemed to become hesitant on the idea of fighting people.

"I simply do what I can." He smiled, before addressing the later part, "And you should simply do what you can. I doubt any of us desire to take a person's life." Looking to the sky Alex tried to find the best words for the moment, "You living, Your Life," he slightly stumbled on his words, "I am sure that it means the world to someone. Just do what you can to live to see them after all this." Alex scratched his nose, not sure if the meaning he was looking for came across properly.

Kamui moved into the camp, he felt happy they finally had one again. He patted Colt on the back "Hey great job with that last flurry of blows it really was what we needed to take that bastard down...maybe we should've taken some time to grind up some more power though, that battle was grueling though, if you weren't here bud I'd die way too quickly... maybe I should've been a class more like the real me." He chuckles and looks around the sparse camp. "So I'm ready to start upgrading and grinding now. Let's get stronger bud, for the rest of Team Wolf." Kiryu nodded to his partner and checked out the chest and other stuff around the camp.

Throughout training, Xenon decided to take the liberty of sending Rei messages on the group's status, seeing as everyone else was immersed in training. Most of his messages were curt and simple, like "Doing okay" or "Finished some grinding". The redundancy did irk him a little though, which led to a few messages that were more colorful, like, "Tian Gui looks like he's about to burst from learning mana burst", or "Ponytail v.s. Braid, which one?".

Then, an arrow hit the turret. The red haired teen opted to sit back with Shouko and ready a mana bolt in case the two decided that a cease fire wasn't in their plans. Fortunately enough, Alexander's diplomacy seemed to be quite a bit more effective than Xenon's last try.

"That could be it," Xenon mused in response to Shouko's suggestion that teams were dwindling. "It'd certainly be a little easier for us if some of the other teams took each other out first," he added. "Then again, for all we know, it could be something else. Alliances, civil issues, or maybe it's just geography," he shrugged.

"No problems here," Xenon agreed with the rest of the group on the upgrades. He also decided to update their teacher on the recent happenings: "Alex scared away two members from Team Bloodhound. No fighting happened, but the turret lost 30 from an arrow. Otherwise, we're also planning on upgrading the chest. Over and out."

Once the message was sent, Xenon went ahead and distributed points into his stats. Then, he took a moment to stretch out his body, relishing each pop and crackle of his joints, before setting his gaze straight again for more grinding to come.

The two Non-Gamers decide its for the best to start grinding like crazy to try and catch up with everyone else to make up for the fact that they're the only two people left on their entire team. It works well for the most part. The Flag Pole did have to help finish off three of the six Spirits that appeared during the two hours, which lessened the amount of EXP given, but fortunately the two did pretty well on their own.

Ultimately at the end of it, alot of progress is made. Three Spirit Shards, 30 Gold Coins, and two small chests at the end of each hour are the material rewards of all of this. Inside of those chests was four potions, the Green Potions, which your characters know restore both Health and Mana, although these look rather small, but some potions are better than no potions, and a Mana Ring to boost Mana, a gift from Arcadia apparently judging by the note.

To "Further Help the Underdogs" as he so eloquently puts it. So the material rewards were very nice, and now the pair had a total of forty-seven Gold Coins to their name to either further improve their Camp or purchase new Skills with. By going to the Camp Chest, much similar to the Game, was a menu for purchasing new Skills for their Classes, something that can only be done after possessing a Camp for two hours or more. Right now, with their current abilities, the ones available to Kamui and Blade are:

Health (Cost: 25 Gold Coins)
This Skill can help further enhance your HP the more Damage you take as your body grows tougher with every strike.

Toughness (Cost: 25 Gold Coins)
This Skill helps to make you tougher so you can resist more Damage. The more pain you block, the stronger it becomes.

Double Slash (Cost: 20 Gold Coins)
A swift strike that lets you attack twice as a single attack. Do note that these swift strikes aren't the most accurate, but hitting with one of them raises the Damage of the second.

Counter (Cost: 18 Gold Coins)
You ready yourself for a hit, so that way you can counter it if you dodge it, or even if the hit doesn't Disrupt you.

Piercing Strike (Cost: 18 Gold Coins)
Tired of dealing with opponents who wear heavy armor? This attack uses your finesse and speed to get right through that thick armor, or even a person's tough skin.

Upgraded Running: Fighter Step (Cost 24 Gold Coins)
You're good at Running, so you know how to more properly and efficiently move around on the battlefield now.

Upgraded Running: Movement (Cost: 12 Gold Coins)
You're good at running, and are now just better at moving about in general.

Health (Cost: 25 Gold Coins)
This Skill can help further enhance your HP the more Damage you take as your body grows tougher with every strike.

Mana Shield (Cost: 20 Gold Coins)
You put up a weak shield of Mana to protect yourself, or even a comrade, but using it on a comrade forces you to constantly focus your Mana to maintain it.

Mana Whirl (Cost: 18 Gold Coins)
From your Mana Rod you spin it, launching a far traveling, whirling 'blade' of Mana to attack a far away opponent.

Upgraded Focus: Mana Focus (Cost: 25 Gold Coins)
You upgrade your ability to focus, now allowing you to more properly focus your Mana.

Upgraded Focus: Focus Mind (Cost: 15 Gold Coins)
You turn your Focus more inward than outward, using your sheer willpower to focus your mental strength.

So they could either spend some Coins to acquire some new neat Skills, keep raising the defenses of their camp, or both. Either deciding as soon as possible would be the best so they could get back to more grinding.

"You living, Your Life. I am sure that it means the world to someone. Just do what you can to live to see them after all this."

Shouko's dark eyes gazed upon him while she pondered the meaning of his words. Finally, she replied, "In order words, you're telling me to do as I want. But I don't know about all of us- Tian-Gui sure seems willing to fight."

She absentmindedly picked at the fletching of an arrow. Even though she was risking her life with the group, she realized she hardly knew them. Xenon, she had talked to when they met by chance. The rest? It was high time to start. "Why are you in this, Alex? Power? Wealth? I'm a simple girl; the latter is all I'm interested in."

After the first grinding session Colt was a little ticked at the sight of the amount of spirit enemies that were spawning though he figured it was good practice for Kamui and it was still cool that the new monster was appearing for them so much. "These new enemies are cool and all but god damn it sucks knowing your not doing shit for damage." Afterwards the young fighter had already made sure to store the spirit shards within the chest at their camp as well as split up the six green potions they had among himself and his teammate equally. Upon seeing the ring and note however Colt frowns for a moment and gives his two cents. "Now it just feels like he is just pitying us now." As Colt sits down next to Kamui within the camp and sighs. "Of course I ain't being rude about it I just got the underlying feeling of it ya know." "I'm gonna see about some skills alright. We both should so that Arcadia doesn't see his gifts as a waste right."

It was now that Colt opened up his menus and began scanning through skill purchases with gold and such. Health...and Toughness... As he looks himself over again seeing his longsword and thinking back to the medieval knights of the west and how crusaders would travel with longsword and shield. A valiant crusader with sword a shield could taken on multiple enemies in awesome battles all by himself while protecting his comrades. Colt looks over to Kamui for a moment before looking back to his menus and speaking. "Hey Kamui, I hope you don't mind but I'm gonna use a little extra gold alright. I'm gonna pick up the Health skill and a shield for my off hand leaving you with 20 gold still. I figure that's fair since you just got a ring right?" He would joke with a smile before going about his purchases.

Afterwards Colt awaits for Kamui to finish up before getting back to the grind. Colt couldn't wait to hit level 15 as it seemed like one of the first real milestones.

Over the two hours, the New Gamers would make plenty of progress. Getting some good EXP, Money, Items, and other such things, including a couple of potions and some good SP for their Skills. Overall, it was a rather productive two hours, even if it was momentarily interrupted by the two members of Team Bloodhound.

Around the end of the two hours the Laptop suddenly vanished from the table it was on, which was probably Rei's doing, before coming back along with several other things. For starters, their Level 16 Orc Axman was replaced with a Level 18 Orc Shaman who had in its hands a heavy looking, gnarled oaken staff and a big longsword on its hip. Its probably sensible to say that this somewhat crude looking longsword would probably be a Broadsword or even a smaller Greatsword to smaller people considering that these Orcs have been around seven feet or so tall and very muscular.

Even this Shaman, despite being a mere Shaman, had incredible bulging muscles and a very large physique. Definitely an opponent that wouldn't be easy to grapple. Furthermore, the Domain Range would expand, now consuming the entirety of the hilltop meaning that anything or anyone that came up onto the hill would get an immediate blast from their Flag Pole, which jumped up two Levels now. Furthermore, the Domain also seemed to receive some overall improvements including additional Defense and the EXP Increase.

A message would come to all of the New Gamers in reply to the one about the Bloodhound Members Xenon had sent to him.

Subject: Team Bloodhound

I heard about the thing with the members of Team Bloodhound. Make sure to stay on guard, as they could come back.

I captured a Team Bloodhound Camp, knocked out their members, then paid a large amount of Gold to get Arcadia to forcefully drop their unconscious selves from the Game. It was a tough fight though, but mainly due to their Guardian, who now sits in your camp. He can shoot Lightning Bolts... and is just overall a tougher fight than the Axman. Anyway, I sent all of their Upgrades back to this Camp, so that should save you all some Gold, in addition to the Upgrades I purchased back at the other Camp as well.

You should use that Gold to buy some of those Ability Bangles. They seem useful.

Be careful. My bounty has gone up a bit after I defeated that Team, its now 40 Gold and the remaining members of Team Bloodhound could come back to your Camp to try and attack it again now that they know where it is.

The message ended there, and was the longest of the several messages Rei sent to the New Gamers, mainly to Xenon who sent him messages, responding to his Status Updates with some of his own.

Plus he did prefer Ponytails apparently, and didn't send a response to Xenon's pun at all.

Still, with all of these new Upgrades, it seemed like Rei was looking out for them somewhat. It also seemed like he found an alternate method to deal with other Contestants. A very costly method, but an alternate method to killing them nonetheless.

Now the Gamers could continue grinding... or perhaps they could head in the direction those Team Bloodhound Members went to see what is out there. After all, they did head East (the direction of the Team Wolf Camp)

Perhaps the New Gamers could head after them now, or continue grinding. Perhaps they could even take on what Shouko is doing and try to get to know each other a bit more. The New Gamers did have time to kill and did indeed not really know each other that well after all.

Regardless, things seemed to be heating up a bit now with people attacking others.

Even Rei had gone and attacked three human beings. Sure he didn't kill them, but he still attacked them nonetheless.

And who knows what else Arcadia has in store for them, especially with this whole bounty on Rei's head thing.

She is only in it for the money? She is a woman driven by money. Are all woman simply driven by wealth? Is that all that they care about?!

"Oh? Is that so." Alex forced himself to not make any unwise comments, At least she is willing to admit it and say it, Mother would lie and cheat and use people to no end.

"Why am I doing this? Hmmm..." Alex paused and bobbed his head from side to side as he thought about it. Shouko was honest with me, should I not be honest in return? Maybe woman can change with time? "I suppose the word power sums it up nicely. The power to control circumstances as they unravel." He nodded as if concluding his response was what he wanted to say, "I enjoy advancing, and advancing with those who have potential to change." He looked intently into Shouko's eyes, Now then, do you have potential or are you just a useless money grubber?

kamui felt somewhat cheated, he should've been looking to maximize his damage at the start rather than what he had started. Giving myself the skills and stats that I should've had at the beginning would've been a wiser move, I should've had more damage output and mana. However he didn't let that show as they took care of the enemies, it was decent grinding, and the fact it was the enemies that dropped the spirit shards made it even better. After theu split up the potions, which Kamui thought was a really good thing they got, the green ones would help them both out in the long run, however the mana potions are obviously what he'll use first if they meet more close range enemies rather than close and ranged. Kamui was snapped out of his planning when Blade said something about spending some etxra gold, He nodded "As long as I have enough for mana shield we're good, like you said I got a good ring out of the deal from Arcadia's pity note. Besides now we're both going to be even harder to take down haha." He says as he uses the remaining gold coins to purchase mana shield for himself.

"While I believe this skill is best used on myself, if we've got nothing but closed ranged enemies I can use it on you and concentrate...granted I wouldn't be able to attack but you'll have some good protection for awhile. And if we come into contact with a group like the gremlins again I can use it on myself." He liked the sound that they both had defense on their minds, they needed to start thinking this way due to how hard they've had it up until this point. The gremlins, the orc, and if they wanted that bounty, they're going to have to seriously beef themselves up moreso than just a measly two levels per grind. So int for me then, get that damage up ASAP.

Well, it looked like they were all more or less in agreement with what to do with the Gold. As Shouko and Alex conversed about something Tian-Gui didn't bother to eavesdrop on, the youth made his way towards the Camp Chest, prepared to make a couple new purchases. Monster Bait was always a good thing, and then, for the upgr-

Poof.

In an instant, everything about their camp changed. Their Ax Orc Guardian was replaced by a more magical Orc, and their Flag got a couple new upgrades as well. Pausing his transactions to take it all in, Tian-Gui let out a long, low whistle. Rei was doing stupid things again, huh? Going on the offense against a camp that was already guarded by a healthy guardian, a flag pole, and an entire team…

He laughed, not a single hint of sarcasm in his tone. "Damn," Tian-Gui said, still bent over from laughter, "Our boy Rei sure loves changing his mind."

With that, he typed down his own query, asking about just how much Gold was paid to save those players. Moments later, Rei's response brought another smile to his face. Three others could be evacuated from this death game for the low, low price of roughly 10 Gold Coins each. This…this was good. He checked through the chest once more, a cursory glance at that singular Ability Bangle within the Chest.

15 Gold Coins.

They had 46. They still needed to buy monster bait. However, their new Chest Upgrade gave them a one time discount of 5 Gold Coins off a purchase greater than or equal to 10. They could get that Small Monster Bait then, couldn't they…but could they face off against Level 16 to Level 20 monsters? Monsters of that level would basically be equal or greater than their Camp Guardian, wouldn't they? Was it a risk worth taking?

Tian-Gui's brow furrowed, even as he almost subconsciously muttered an Intensify Energy.

"Hello, group huddle now! Looks like we basically got a whole bunch of things for free, so now, we really should decide where our wealth goes, right? Rei wants us to get the Ability Bangle. Gives a single person one extra stat. Does anyone have a stat that's near the threshold? On the other hand, I'm looking at the Small Monster Bait and wondering whether or not we should start taking a few more risks to get more resources. We have all these new upgrades, we have stronger guardians, and strong monsters are also a deterrent to other teams."

"Of course, said monsters will be level 16-20, which is why we have another option. Purchasing multiple Minor Monster Baits to get lots of low-level monsters at a time and fuck them up. I'm personally getting a hang of this whole Mana Burst thing now, so the Ghosties shouldn't be too hard to deal with now!"

"And finally…why all this attachment on monster-hunting?"

Tian-Gui's smile faded, looking at the Gold Coin in his hand.

"We need more Gold. Lots of Gold. Gold in surplus. Super Gold. Enough Gold that we can flat out bribe Arcadia into releasing every one of the players that got stuck in this game. It's hilarious how Rei, our neighborhood murderbot, was the one that figured that shit out, but now that there's a way, hey, let's get rich and save the children!"

Honestly, there was nothing more than Tian-Gui wanted to do but to get out of this Camp and DO something, but, alas, there were greater priorities now. They needed to find an optimal method of generating gold, and their Camp on top of the park's hill was the most optimal battlefield for them to be in, if they were to take on swarms of monsters.

If Bloodhound were going to come, then let them come.

Hell, if any other players planned on coming, then go on ahead, Tian-Gui will welcome them with open arms and save them, whether they want to or not.

"Well, anyone else got anything to say?"

Intensify Energy, Mana Burst, Second Wind.

Like second nature, Tian-Gui muttered his mantra once more, a burst of blue flame flashing on his hands, before receding as he waited for an answer.

Rei Amagi vs Team Bloodhound
(I'd draw some cool picture if I could)

An hour had passed. Rei felt confident in his progress. He had passed by a total of two camps about forty-five minutes after leaving the New Gamers. The first he destroyed the Flag Pole and took it.

The second is currently owned by Team Bloodhound and there were five people there. Two Level 13's, and a Level 14, and two Level 16's. Judging by their classes, they had a good setup as well. A Dabbler, an Archer, and a Fighter were the three lower leveled ones. The two higher leveled ones were a Cleric and a Pyro-Mage.

"Job Advancement system perhaps? These different classes all seem to be above Level 15, so perhaps that is when they get a Job Advancement."

Rei thought of going to attack, but decided to wait. Perhaps they would leave a couple of people soon. So he decided to head further away from this camp, getting a good five hundred yards or so away. He figured with his speed, he could run back in about a five minutes or so. He figured he would train a bit more for an extra thirty minutes and then, if there were less people in the camp, go to attack. At least knock them out or something. He had no intention of killing them, and perhaps hoped that he could get them to abandon their camp instead and leave this area.

Well he could also heal them if things came down to it, although he was unsure if his new Spiritual Rejuvenation Skill could heal other people like the previous Spiritual Regeneration could. Well he had potions as well if need be.

Besides, by defeating them, he could get them to leave and potentially make them less of a threat. Make them abandon these games perhaps. If leaving was even allowed of course. Regardless, they had to go. Even thirty minutes away by normal person's speed could be less for someone who could run faster than standard humans. In fact, with Rei's Movement Speed, he figured he could actually cover said five hundred yards in about one minute actually if he ran at full speed without stopping.

"The previous me would have taken ten times that time. I may have had a small bit of fighting, but I wasn't exactly known for long strides".

The thirty minutes passed. He ran back in one, using that last minute to recover what he had recovered during a few minutes of rest after his training had concluded. With his high Regeneration and Tenacity, it would take a bit more than a five hundred yard run and thirty minutes of training to get fatigued. Once he was about fifty yards away he hid, climbing atop one of the small stores that gave him a view of the Square.

This particular camp was in a shopping area, the Market, and the camp was in the Market Square, which was a very large circle surrounded by all various stores with roads that lead through it in the four cardinal directions. It is always very lively when its Festival Time. This is also where those who lived at Neo-Tokyo U or went to the Gekkoukan Dorms also often came to shop for Groceries, or eat out and some of the small cafes and restaurants, so it is a nice place for any and all students.

Because the southern part of Port Island was connected to the Business District, the southern area was a nice place to set up a Market District, so that way if people needed to additional shopping for groceries or other such things then they could just come down to the South Station, come to the island, and then take a trip to the Market Square by bus, bike, or foot. Or Car if you drove from the bridge, but then good luck finding parking. The station was another fifteen minutes he figured at the pace he had been moving.

Short spurts of intense grinding, with using his new Skill to speed up his restoration as he ran forward at full speed, which allowed him to work his Fluid Fighting a bit more since that Skill was his Movement ability. There were even other abilities he had that he could just grind on the run as well, so it all worked out. After all, while Rei was trying to avoid people, he wasn't going for total stealth unless he saw people on the mini-map.

Just as he hoped, two people had left. Their Archer and the spear wielding Fighter. Meaning all they had left were two casters and a Tank to defend their camp. The Cleric was indeed wearing some heavy looking armor, but it didn't look as heavy as Durin's. She was also wielding a Longsword instead of a Mace, and a Medium Shield instead of Durin's very heavy Tower Shield.

"A Cleric that most likely focuses more on fighting..." is what Rei thought as he spied on the group from a vantage point atop a distant store. He figured he could move in by moving from store top to store top. Force the Mages to waste their Mana with ranged spells, and then quickly jump down to the Cleric or, if the Cleric refused to come up, range them from afar.

Of course, climbing up the back had been hard. Luckily he used the alleyway between shops to climb up, and the stores weren't too high. It still took a couple of minutes though. Quite annoying really. Perhaps investing in the newly available Climbing Skill may not be too bad of an idea. Maybe later, after he worked at it to reduce it down to 3 AP.

"It really should be cheaper... but what can you do?"

Luckily moving from close roof-top to close roof-top was alot easier than climbing up the sides of two close together buildings, and so far they hadn't noticed. He did make sure to duck low after all. Unlocking Stealth later definitely was a good option in Rei's eyes.

Perhaps he could combine all of these Movement related Skill to get a Skill that lets him completely move around the terrain however he wished. Rather than flying, being able to jump from wall to wall or shimmy up a surface in a matter of seconds seemed alot more advantageous in close combat, or even combine Stealth with his current fighting ability to be able to just vanish out of a person's view with a few swift steps and come right up behind them for a huge Sneak Attack.

Cutting himself from his thoughts of all of the interesting combinations of Skills and the infinite possibilities they presented, Rei brought himself back to the present task at hand. Capturing this camp.

"If anything, that Guardian will be a problem..."

Team Bloodhound Guardian
Orc Shaman Initiate Lv 18

It looked very similar to the Axman in appearance that they were both Orcs, only it was wearing a Robe and wielding a staff that appeared to be made of a gnarled oak branch. It also had a hefty, crude longsword upon its waist. The Camp itself was situated in the center of the two lane, four way intersection. Rei, from the building he is on, is about thirty yards away from the flag, watching as the Dabbler finished off a Spirit with a Mana Missile, clearing them of monsters.

"But if I capture this camp, perhaps I can send this Guardian back to Base Camp".

Rei gives a nod, drawing an arrow from the Quiver upon his back after creeping back a storefront. He wasn't trying to hit anything in the camp, but rather just get the Arrow into the camp. Luckily Rei had enough time to Observe them with his Assess Target Skill. The Dabbler was half down on Mana, the Cleric at 75%, and the Pyro Mage at 60%. Their Health didn't take too much of a hit. They all had some rather interesting Skills as well. Rei was especially interested in that Mana Shield Skill that Dabbler exhibited, and the Pyro Mage's Fire Arrow also seemed interesting.

"Materia Charge. Summon Aqua Elemental".

Perhaps Stealth could give him an ability that let him use Skills silently. Because there is no way they didn't hear that. He can tell as he hears a loud "Who's there!" from the Cleric as they look in his direction.

Regardless, blue static surrounds the arrow he is clutching as his gauntlets glow.

"So much for the element of surprise" Rei thinks to himself as he quickly steps forward now, being in view atop the storefront, as he lets loose the arrow towards the Pyro Mage. He loved his Projectile Accuracy Skill. Sure it didn't give him huge bonuses and grinding it took forever, but it was there for all of his projectiles and perfect if he ever wanted to use a Bow for any reason.

Delivering Magic to an opponent is always a perfect reason. Plus, despite the Pyro Mage being 25 yards away from him, he was shooting from a higher point. That made it a bit easier to hit opponents even if they are further away. Let Gravity guide the shot. Even Rei knew this despite not having too much practice with a Bow. He had a bit, as that was how he got his special Passive, but not much. That, and all of the practice he had with firing other projectile attacks helped.

The arrow hit its target dead on, imbuing itself in the Pyro Mage's side as he let out a loud cry of pain. Rei could see the blood from the wound, and just clenched his fist around the bow as it did. Luckily the arrow did not stay in for long, as suddenly it disintegrates into a flash of blue static, the static starting to swirl around right next to the Pyro Mage before soon enough, half a humanoid shape made of what he assumes is flowing, moving water was sitting next to the Pyro Mage, who's eyes widened.

The other two were also surprised.

"W-What? A Magic Arrow from a Spirit Fighter?" Now the Cleric is confused as she quickly readies her weapons.

Rei may not have been able to surprise them, but he was still fast enough to do one more thing. He quickly drops the bow, taking out four more arrows from his quiver, two in each hand. Both of his hands now are covered in flashes of blue static, the arrows quickly disintegrating at its presence, two magical arrows being conjured as both fly right into the Pyro Mage, blasting him dead on in the torso, which makes him cry out in more pain.

Right as the Elemental, who was conjured right next to the Pyro Mage, comes into existence, right after Rei's two magical arrows slam into the Pyro Mage, the being of Aqua Essence acts now, although right before it can act a spinning arrow of magical energy blasts at the creature first from the Flag Pole.

A very nasty 59 Damage is dealt to the mystical creature, but that doesn't stop it as its arm seems to shift a bit to look like a blade, the arm being slashed. It gets dead on right in the Pyro's torso, striking his weak points as a 40 Critical! is dealt to the Mage. Fortunately, or mayhaps unfortunately depending on how one looks at it, this doesn't finish the Pyro Mage off.

Instead it prompts the Bloodhounds to attack back. Right away the Cleric turns, since she doesn't have any ranged attacks, and charges the Elemental, shouting "SMITE!" as she does so, her feet glowing green for a moment in the process as she moves with enhanced speed. Her sword glows in a white light as she brings the sword down on the beast.

Unfortunately her first attack missed, the elemental shifting its ethereal form out of the way of the blade but she went on with two more strikes of her glowing sword. The next slash hit dead on, slicing through the creature. It didn't look too effective, but it was still somewhat effective, especially the holy power on the sword.

"Attack Ama_Rei, I have this" shouts the Cleric as her third strike missed its target, the Elemental shifting its body once again.

Honestly Rei had not been expecting the Elemental to last this long. Perhaps there is more merit to Summons than he originally thought. Well he knew they were good, but perhaps they were worth investing more time in. He didn't want to rely on them of course, but in the end a good Secondary is a good Secondary and should be trained just as the rest of his abilities.

The Pyro Mage moved first, attempting to move away from the Elemental and closer to Rei to get into better range first. Fortunately for the Mage, and unfortunately for the Elemental, the creature missed its target as it moved. The Pyro Mage now aimed his staff towards Rei and began to chant. The Orc Shaman also raised its staff and aimed towards Rei as well.

As he began to chant, the Dabbler moved to cast a Mana Missile right towards Rei. The skillfully aimed magical projectile slammed into Rei full on, much to the Dabbler's happiness. But to Rei it didn't hurt that much. Sure 21 Damage, not that they could tell (But Rei doesn't know that), to some wouldn't be too bad, but for Rei it wasn't much and he didn't react, gritting his teeth to keep up the silence.

"Oh Blazing Flame. Gather to my Hand and Pierce mine Enemy! Flame Arrow!"

"So real Magic uses actual Incantations huh?"

This is Rei's thought as he watches the poorly aimed Flame Arrow sail right past his head, much to the Pyro Mage's chagrin. He had seen him using that Flame Arrow when he watched the enemies fight, but Rei didn't hear him incant it then. He guessed perhaps this Mage had the option, and an Incantation made it stronger. A window did appear as Rei made this assumption, but like a good UI it would be minimized in the corner of his vision for his reading chance later when he got a quick chance.

The Orc finished casting its spell as well, a flash of blue static appearing around it as Rei's eyes widened. There was no dodging it. It was too fast. Rei grit his teeth together as hard as he could, a loud, pained sound still escaping from him as a bolt of lighting shot right into him. This dealt 60 Damage, and was nearly impossible to dodge. Fortunately Rei managed to resist being Stunned for the most part as he focused his physical essence and fought off the surging lightning trying to paralyze his body.

"Damn... that was... powerful. This Guardian is definitely better than that Axman".

Now Rei decided to keep at it. Drawing three arrows this time. One in one hand, two in the other. This Magic wasn't as well done as the previous ones, but it still worked well enough. Both Magical Arrows slammed into both targets. The first into the Pyro Mage, which made him cry out in pain as he was thrown back, falling unconscious now. Even that not too properly created Magical Arrow was enough to take him down.

The second, stronger arrow, found its target. It dealt 11 Damage. Not a whole lot, but considering her low HP as a lower leveled character, it would still be alot. And Rei wasn't done yet either, as just as soon as he launched the first two arrows he moved quickly, he drew four more Arrows from his Quiver and used the same Magic. Rei's priority was to take down all of the ranged fighters, including that Guardian, before jumping down there to deal with the Cleric.

This time the Magic is much more properly executed, the full glowing magical arrows conjured as both are launched right at the Dabbler. The first one hit dead on, the second one not so much. It still hit though, mainly because the Dabbler didn't really know how to more properly dodge, just trying to get out of the way with just speed. Sure that could work, but with a properly aimed Magical Arrow, not so much.

With the Pyro Mage down, the Elemental decides to turn its focus towards the Cleric. That was one annoying thing about this Skill. Rei is unable to actually command the creatures he summons, so they just fight how they want to until they are either killed or leave.

"Perhaps an Advancement or a Supplemental Advancement could fix that".

Because Rei would much rather have it go after the Dabbler.

Still, it did do something nice. It shifted its arm as usual, but the sword like arm flashed with those same static like particles as the Aqua Slash seemed to be thrown with much more impact than usual towards the Cleric. The much stronger attack manages to slip right through the Cleric's defenses, slashing the Cleric dead on as she lets out a cringe of pain. She could handle her pain well as the slash deals her a hefty 37 Damage. She definitely didn't have Durin's Defense.

It now does one more slash with its other hand as an offhand attack of sorts, but without the power boost to this one. It still gets right past the Cleric's defenses though, with a bit more precision than last time, but the dead on slash across her torso is the same. Just 22 Damage this time, which is still good. Plus... perhaps keeping the Cleric from using any special abilities or the like wasn't such a bad idea after all.

Now Team Bloodhound acts. The Cleric, wanting to finish off the Elemental, slashes it one more time. The holy blade easily cleaves through the Elemental, hewing it in two before it vanishes and fades away in a flash of blue, glitchy static. Now she thrusts her hand towards the Dabbler as the glow around her sword faded away with that last strike.

"Blessing of Protection!"

She barely got it right, a thin veil of light appearing around the Dabbler before forming over her like a second skin. Rei assumes, based on the name, that this would raise the Dabbler's defenses. And another window appeared in the corner of his vision because of this, minimized of course.

Of course, the Orc began to channel Magic once again as the Dabbler quickly launches another Mana Missile towards Rei. Unlike the first one, Rei manages to deftly sidestep this one. Unfortunately this makes Rei sidestep right into the lightning bolt, making him cry out loudly in pain as he drops to one knee, momentarily stunned.

This allows the enemies to take advantage of this, both a Mana Missile and another Lightning Bolt heading right for Rei's way. Both hit, a total of 80 Damage dealt. Furthermore the Cleric seemed to move to the flagpole now.

This went from good, to bad, in just a split second. Rei began to wonder if he should retreat, but shook his head as he decides to quickly chug a potion as he stands up from his kneeling position, tossing the bottle aside right as suddenly a magical bolt shot from the cleric's hand as the magic of the pole traveled from the pole through the Cleric, nailing Rei straight in the chest. It didn't even stop Rei though, doing no damage for some reason, as he quickly drew four more arrows from his quiver.

The Magic was done well, and the arrows were then launched, both of them heading for the Dabbler as Rei is uncertain whether or not a single Arrow can finish off the Dabbler thanks to the Blessing of Protection placed upon her by the Cleric. Both of them hit dead on, the first knocking the Dabbler's HP low, with the second knocking her out.

"I can keep this up all day you know, you might as well surrender!" Calls out Rei right as he sees the Dabbler fall to the ground unconscious. With her other party members unconscious, Rei hoped that the Cleric would give up. But it seems like she wouldn't. Instead she chose to apply that same Blessing of Protection to the Guardian as she began to move towards her teammates. It worked, that same veil forming over the Guardian who now launched yet another bolt of Lightning at Rei, who wondered how many times it could use that ability.

It had 200 MP, and each one used 50 MP apparently, so this would be the last. And just like the previous three, there is little Rei can do to dodge this one, getting hit square on for another large chunk of damage.

"I have to go in there now. The Orc is low on MP and that Cleric may start to try and heal her Teammates". Rei hops down now from the storefront, and hoped to tumble to dodge the blast, but doesn't land too gracefully. Luckily he didn't take too much damage since the storefront is only twenty feet high or so, and Rei has plenty of leg strength. He only took 28 Damage from said fall. It hurt, but he endured it as he moves a couple yards forward, now standing twenty yards from both targets. Thankfully the blast he was hoping to dodge missed.

Rei chugs down one of his two Rejuvenation potions instead, needing both energies. Unfortunately recovering from his fall took a moment, so it gave the Orc and Cleric some time. The Cleric puts the same Blessing on herself, a yellow veil forming around her as she is now standing right above the Pyro Mage. The Orc, in the meantime, shot the last of its remaining Mana as yet another Lightning Bolt right towards Rei.

And just like the other four it hits, Rei crying out once again, but manages to stay on both feet. Instead of drinking another potion now though he charges towards the Cleric. He goes for a chop, but chants "Set 1!" as his equipment changes, the dark green blade appearing now from his hand, which wasn't what the Cleric had been expecting. Fortunately it was enough to throw her off guard for this first strike.

Which bites in deeply, bypassing her defenses and armor with ease as a nasty 31 is dealt of the physical, in addition to the immolation affect, which is actually reduced by the holy protection, which makes Rei narrow his eyes. He doesn't stop there though, executing his offhand attack. This attack is much more grazing than the last, barely getting past the shield, her armor completely negating the attack which means the Immolation affect doesn't occur.

Rei doesn't stop there though, spinning low to try a rising upward slash using his size, flexibility, and mobility. The rising strike works, and cuts in deep. It still only deals 35 Damage though, plus the 5 Immolation Damage.

"Her Defense is good. I may have underestimated her. Regardless, 95 Health left. Keep going".

Rei, with his other hand, does a cross slash, hitting her right where it hurt, for four more point of Physical Damage than last time since her armor is taking damage with each strike plus Rei's ability to link combos together. Rei decides to go all out, for a third two handed flurry. The first of these attacks is more than successful, striking deeply for just another point more than last time. This makes the Cleric, who had been gritting her teeth through each bloody slash and burning cut, to cry out loudly as she falls to the flurry, still alive fortunately. Which is good. Rei had no intention to kill them.

All that is left is the Guardian. The Guardian draws its sword as its staff glows, resonating with a blue glow from the flag pole, before now another Lightning Bolt is launched.

"Is this its Ability?!" Is what goes through Rei's mind as he cries out in pain, managing to fortunately stay on both feet though. He had no choice, Rei had to act now. He chugs his last Rejuvenation Potion and another Health Potion, quickly tossing both bottles aside now as he readies himself. This gives the Orc enough time to quickly draw its Longsword and charge forward, throwing its first slash of the heavy, large blade.

Fortunately, since it was a charge attack, Rei is able to put both swords up and parry the blow back, but the creature is skilled enough with the heavy blade to get in one more swift slash. Which Rei parries aside with relative ease and now begins his counterattack, deciding to go all out now. He decides to not use any Skills and instead wants to attempt a six hit combo on this Orc.

Unfortunately thanks to the Protection still on it, this thing also has higher defenses, taking only 42 + 5 Damage from the creature. Rei doesn't stop there though. He keeps going with a swift offhand strike. Which bites just as deeply, plus an extra four Damage. The next one to easily slips past its Guard and bites in deeply as well for that same extra damage. His second offhand attack comes quickly as his first, and bites just as hard.

His third main attack, unfortunately, misses as it is parried aside, but that doesn't mean Rei stops there as he goes in for one final push with his offhand. It hits, but the attack is mostly blocked, and thanks to the holy protection it bounces right off, ending Rei's attack as now the Orc decides to move back from Rei as its staff glows along with the Flag Pole.

This spontaneous attack bites not as deeply as the last attacks, but still rather deep nonetheless. This doesn't deter the Orc though, who, once far back enough out of Rei's range, has its staff glow with the Flag Pole, a greenish-red light washing over the creature now as it seems to growl a low growl as its muscles swell slightly and 50 HP is restored, which is fine since the ability takes 75 MP anyway, which meant the creature lost 25 HP.

Rei quickly charges in, performing a slash towards the creature. The first strike is parried. The second goes horribly, the Orc easily parrying aside both of Rei's arms with ease as it goes for its own chance attack. The swing is too wide, however; and it missteps, allowing Rei to get in a Chance Attack now.

Fortunately it misses, and instead of continuing his Attack, Rei quickly goes for a "Repulse Kick!" to try and throw the heavy beast back. The glowing kick is more than successful. Unfortunately for the Orc, it is pushed back a good ten yards by the powerful strike, which meant that it wasn't right in front of Rei anymore. So now instead it charges once again. And like before, it is parried both times, the Orc snarling as it grows more frustrated.

And now Rei attacks. 21 + 5, 25 + 5, 11 + 5, unfortunately parried, and a 97 + 5 Critical!

With that last slash, the sword strikes right through the creature's neck and down its torso, it letting out a loud cry as it vanishes into nothing. It leaves behind 68,000 Yen, two of those Green Potions, 5 Gold Coins, and what appears to be a gnarled oaken staff, which Rei picks up.
Orc Shaman's Gnarled Staff (Rank 10, Magic Staff)
This strong, basic magic staff is capable of calling upon Magic that influences the physical elements. All Physical Element based Magic costs 10 less MP and has its SR boosted by 5.​

Rei thinks for a few moments, deciding whether to just sell the staff, or keep it.

"Well... my Materia Magic can use the Physical Elements. So... perhaps I should hang onto it". With that in mind, Rei slides the staff into his Inventory after taking out the Flag Pole he captured earlier.

With that, he deftly dodges a way off target magical arrow, and quickly runs towards the pole, shouting "Capture!" as he does so. The flag pole changes, and now has the familiar Team JUSTICE! Insignia upon it. Rei now looks at the unconscious Bloodhounds, quickly activating Spiritual Rejuvenation before getting to work removing all of their gear and stuffing it into the chest. Even the Pyro Mage's. This leaves them in just Tunics.

Rei feeds them half a Health Potion apiece, to make sure that they don't bleed out, then calls out "Arcadia!"

And of course, said Mage appears, and this time Rei does not react but gets right to the point. "I defeated them. How much do I need to pay to get them booted from the game".

The mage seems to think for a moment, before snapping his fingers. "33 Gold for them, plus an additional 15 Gold for this favor". Rei just thinks for a moment. "And only because you defeated them in such an amazing show of force too!"

Rei thinks for a moment. 48 Gold in all. This would leave him with a mere 22 left... but if it meant not having to kill. As much as he wanted to save this Gold, eliminating threats was a much better option. And because they were unconscious and this is Arcadia's doing, they couldn't say no. Its not like Rei could convince them to withdraw. He doesn't know what they're in for. Plus the moment they're awake again they could attack, which would be very troublesome.

So Rei nods and Arcadia snaps. With his snap, forty-eight gold is taken right from Rei's pockets and the three unconscious Bloodhounds vanish. With a fanfare, a wave, and a poking of Rei's cheek, so does Arcadia.

With that said and done, Rei figures he'll go through the last of the bait he has here, turn in his Flag Pole that he caught, and then send any upgrades here back to Base Camp since Rei had no intention of keeping this camp. If anything this Shaman Guardian, while not much in the terms of Melee Power, had great magical power. That Lightning Bolt hit like a truck, even if it did Physical Damage due to being a Physical Element.

Plus if this Guardian's Mana could be upgraded, that would make it all the more powerful of a defender, even if it is a more offense focused Guardian.

Still, after the Bait finishes, Rei goes through all that he can purchase, and there is alot. Including a neat new Accessory called the Ability Bangle, which could be chosen for any Stats. Only one per Camp owned could be bought, just like all of the Accessories. There are also several Upgrades here that have already been purchased, including the Rank 9 Chest.

"That saves alot of Gold".

Luckily the New Gamers chose to purchase the Rank 10+ Chest so that Rei could send them the Rank 9 Chest, the 10+ Chest instead being converted into 10 Gold Coins for more spending. After all, no sense in trying to defend other Camps in Rei's opinion. The rest of the Team just wasn't strong enough for that. So transporting all of the Upgrades and Guardian to the new Camp was a much better option.

In the end, Rei spent the rest of his Gold on both Upgrades and getting himself a couple of Rings. With the Discounts it was all worth it. In the end, he used almost all of his Gold, with just four left, having also bought a new Small Monster Bait. He wanted to try fighting some stronger monsters, but not here. He did have one other thing he wanted to do though.

The first was to take the 15 Steel Arrows he bought and fuse them with thirty of his Iron Barbed Arrows to see what sort of Materia Sphere he could make. So he sets them all out in two piles right next to one another. He focuses for a moment, his hands flashing blue as the process begins. Flashes of blue static appear around the two piles, the arrows starting to disintegrate as the two piles start to be condensed into a glowing, blueish-dark green sphere.

When its finally over, the blue static fades out in a flash, and a small sphere is left of the forty five arrows, the occasional flash of blue static able to be seen in its interior, the flashes always somewhat taking on the shape of an arrow. Smiling to himself, Rei puts the Sphere into his Essence Orb in his Inventory.

"I wonder what'll happen if I get enough Bows and fuse them with this Sphere?"

After that, the second thing on Rei's list.

The Laptop would vanish from the Camp now, Rei figuring he'll do a little shopping to see if there's anything he could get. He wanted to Advance his Summoning, but needed a good book on Summoning Magic to perhaps put it in a better direction. He also wanted to see if he could find some good books on Martial Arts or the like.

355,000 Yen and about fifteen minutes later, Rei has the volumes he needs. Ultimately Tai Chi, to Rei, seemed like a good Martial Art for its balance and aspects of health and energy and there was a nice set of volumes on the subject of Yang Style Tai-Chi for 75,000 Yen. He also bought another book on Summoning about Materia Magic and the concept of using it to empower and alter metaphysical beings, a book for Summoners who wanted to make more unique, stronger Summons. Just what he was looking for. But at 175,000 Yen this rare volume was expensive. Worth it, but still expensive.

Finally he bought a book on a basic of elemental Magic in how Mana is used to conjure and convert the Metaphysical Elements into this world. That in itself was another 105,000 Yen. The book supposedly offered some Elemental Spells that did this, but Rei wasn't really interested in those. After discounts were applied, the total cost was 337,000 Yen. Overall, not a bad purchase. It did take him for every penny he had though, plus one of the Mana Potions he had, but it is ultimately worth it.

Rei wanted to use that last book when he could finally advance Materia Charge. At this point, he wanted Materia Charge to more or less enhance his Mana Skills and imbue them with elemental or magical affects.

Finally all that was left was the Advancement. That part was easy. Advance the Skill and touch the book, but Rei decided to test trying to summon something with his new Demonia Sphere he made earlier with the Imp Sphere and 15 Tiny Soul Energy Shards and use a Flame Elemental Shard at the same time.

The experiment worked, and in a flash of blue static a Level 17 Fire Mephit appears, like all summons looking as if it was blinked or glitched into existence. It always seemed strange to Rei, but Magic in itself is strange.

With a brand new Skill under his belt, Rei decides to go ahead and send all of the newly purchased Upgrades to the Base Camp, sending the Laptop back as well.

With that, the Orc Axman from the Base Camp appearing here, Rei sets off to continue his journey towards the South Station, being almost there. Another hour or so of grinding while traveling would get him there.

Hopefully.

Three Hours of the Bounty Hunt Remain.

Five Hours have passed since the games have begun, Four Hours have passed since the Gamers entered the fray.​

Reactions: BlueFlameNikku
"Power, wealth; it's all the same thing really. Boils down to the ability to control our future. Maybe I'm too stubborn about money, but it feels like second nature now," Shouko said when Alex answered her question. She supposed power was the most likely goal for anyone dabbling in the Abyss.

The sudden camp upgrades brought an end to their brief conversation. Everything from the Guardian to the Flag were improved. Tian-Gui began to guffaw at the change, undoubtedly due to the fact that no one but Rei could have done this. Shouko opted to sigh in defeat.

With that, Tian-Gui called for a discussion, offering several suggestions about the usage of gold and what they should do.

"Ability Bangle... huh. Raises a statistic by one, and improves a skill. Doesn't seem that great really. I'll pass," she said while checking the menu. "Actually, the Minor Magic Power Ring looks pretty useful. Xenon, maybe you could use it? Alex?"

As for the monster baits, Shouko voices her preference to play it safe. "At least one more hour of Minor Monster Bait? The camp guardian is only level 18 and it looks plenty strong."

"And monster-hunting is our best method to earn Gold. Isn't it? Or are you suggesting that we hunt down other people?" Shouko frowned. "Maybe you can do it, but I'm not going to shoot at people. At least, at people that might die if the arrow hits their vitals."

She understood how much of a handicap they were imposing upon themselves. She hated Arcadia for putting them in this ridiculous game. They had to spend large amounts of gold to prevent their deaths, and limit themselves to using non-lethal attacks.

Bladesong picked up the Health Skill, which would indeed increase his HP. It wouldn't go up too fast, but every point it raised up would be very helpful. Equipping the Shield would raise his Defense for Dodging or Parrying, and would actually open the option in the Skill Menu to get the Shield Use Skill for 12 Gold now. Something else to save up Gold for perhaps, since it would ultimately make Blade more skilled at wielding his brand new shield.

The Shield itself was a Small Round Iron Shield considering the price he got it for. Gave +4 Shield Defense. Not a bad amount considering that it fit on his arm rather nicely and did very little to encumber him, giving an Armor Penalty of a mere -1. For four points of Defense though against all attacks, both Melee and Ranged, it wasn't too bad of a trade off since Blade's plan was to indeed use shields perhaps. Getting that Skill definitely would be a worthwhile investment as well, but with the rest of the gold being Kamui's domain, that wouldn't be possible at the moment.

Instead the Gold that could go towards Shield Use was being put towards a different type of Shield. The Mana Shield Skill to be more precise. This Skill seemed good right off the bat, even if it had a high Mana Cost and seemed to acquire the usage of his Mana Rod to perform since he didn't have a proper Mana using ability yet. Either way, both abilities were good for both of them. Mana Shield seemed to be a bit weak, but with an hour of grinding Monsters and even more grinding after that, it would be able to be better.

As the two finished their grinding for the second hour, about a good fifteen minutes later actually after the two had recovered from the last batch of monsters, suddenly from behind trees about twenty yards away from the ring an arrow would fire out, whizzing right past Blade's side, as if he had been its target, finding purchase in the ground about ten yards behind him. The Guardian perks up at the sight of the arrow, baring its axes in its hand as it glares in the direction the arrow came from, nostrils flaring a bit as it grits its teeth.

Out from the trees emerge two figures. One appears to be a Spearman of some sort, wielding a Round Shield much like Blade's and a hefty, painful looking Steel Spear of some sort. The other figure that emerged was an Archer, who had another arrow knocked on his bow, pointing it towards the camp. The Spearman shouts from afar now.

"We know you two are the last surviving members of Team Wolf. So we have a proposition for you. Join our Team, Team Bloodhound. Or we Attack. Simple as that". This Spearman sure made his terms rather plain and simple.

"My name is Arcaues. Us smaller teams need to stick together if we have any hopes of surviving. So if you join our team, with its seven remaining members, then all of us will have a higher chance of winning this Event. What say you? Will you guys make this easy for us, or make it more difficult than it needs to be?"

So now the two members of Team Wolf had a choice. Several choices actually. Join Team Bloodhound to possibly be on a Team with higher strength and more resources than just the two of them, fight these two opponents, or perhaps look for some alternative way out of this sticky situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.