Karasuma Ichimiya, a Level 32 utilizer of the most likely wind based Ukiha Kamikaze Ryuu wants to talk to me on Sunday, and he may train us. He goes to my school, and is the moral committee president.

"..." So, in the end, Rin decided for sharing it. It wasn't a total surprise but ultimately, still annoying. Aiko had been silently leaning on a tree as she read through this tiresome collection of information. It was a lot to take in, especially with all those weird abbreviations like DPS and CC. If not for the job of her father the crimson-eyed girl doubted she would have understood it.

Still, it made her sick. Just because their powers were similar to that of a game character didn't mean they had to behave like a game character. Soren was probably embracing it but Aiko wasn't too keen on becoming some sort of nerd. Having her own share of doubts she wouldn't wait too long to speak up.

Rather unfazed by the Danger's part Aiko went onto their common enemies. While she didn't doubt any second those Horsemen targeted all of them there was the question why she was supposed to care about the Goblin thing? If anything weren't those people more on the undead-summoning side of things? A goblin, as much as she could recall, wasn't that undead, was it?

The worst part however was the way everything was worded. Maybe the white-hair read too much into it but according to this they had to be one big happy family.

Simply disgusting.

In the end, Rei went through the trouble of giving all of them some sort of 'broad' goals which only confirmed her earlier concerns. Concerns she was now to speak about. "So..." Trying to get Rei's attention the white-hair made a small pause. Outside of Rin and partially Rei nobody actually knew her too well.

Setting a softer, more friendly, tone she continued. "I tried raising my stats to 10 just like you suggested, though, it seemed rather expensive." It wasn't that Aiko was blindly trusting Rei but having a firm fundamental made sense - especially regarding her health.

"Seeing how you went ahead and explained the super-natural aspects to us and went on about... acquiring all sorts of... skills? I get the feeling I am not supposed to nourish what I am good at?" Aiko paused for a second, looking down on her hands before continuing. "Since I acquired this power I barely managed to hit anything that gives even the least amount of effort to dodge my attacks. Not to mention when climbing and running around the streets I have to be really careful. Mundane tasks I was so used to are suddenly more life-threatening than before." Getting a tad agitated, in a honest way, the crimson-eyed girl closed her eyes for a second to calm down.

"Now, I am not complaining about the excitement this situation brings and, if I understood right, it has something to do with us being s-sta..." Fuck. Admitting this was harder than she imagined. Aiko knew the truth already as much as she did not want to believe. Really, why couldn't she have been the only chosen one? "standardized into stupid video game rules?" She sighed. Was this too much? If anything she went too much off-topic.

"Anyways! What I wanted to say is I don't really see the point in spreading my power, my AP, into multiple areas. Not if our time is limited. Wouldn't that leave me more weaker overall?" Not to mention that they were supposed to work as a group and cover each other weaknesses anyways? What a joke. "If anything, I'd like to use magic to improve my physical capabilities."

Majima went home after his pummeling of Tae Min, and tossed the clothes that could be washed into his washer, walking around his house in his boxers and his tank top he grabbed some shorts and tossed them on, grabbing a quick bite to eat and watching some news. Nothing really changing in the world it seems, he lazily turns the tv off and get's up after finishing his meal. Looking around for something to do he checks the time... it was pretty late, he shrugs and decides he'll hit the hay. He flops down onto his bed and sighs heavily think I'll keep it business as usual really, only I think it's time to focus on these fists of mine, those gloves, while being a starter item really, should up the attack and whatnot of my hands. And that fisticuff skill should go up when I go to the gym tomorrow...eh I shouldn't forget to have some fun too, maybe check with one of the older Gamers and work with them. Majima falls asleep thinking this and falls into a restful sleep.

A life forever changed by power

Kazuo would make working on himself the primary goal, he didn't need the others for that and decided the best way to do that would be to head out and level grind. He made his way to the port island area they were at before and focused on creating his pseudospace and bam, eerie silence filled the area and he started going to work, using both his fists and his knife during this time frame. Finally done he left and decided to head to the gym for a bit of hand to hand training after the level grinding. He takes a shower at the gym, taking longer than he normally does and heads out of the gym. With no one around to train with and talk to his week goes by extremely fast as he get's to training himself and upping his...well as he looks at it pretty crook like skills. Maybe I should try to give some other shit a go, this stuff is kinda basic as is, and I probably want to learn some sort of magic. Eh the Kid will tell me what needs to be done anyway when we meet up again, all I gotta do is finish this training shit.

Majima's week was uneventful as he continued his solo training, and realized he was rapidly approaching his father's level, although with what Rei had said level doesn't equal ones true strength. Majima continued musing over this throughout the week and woke up stretching and yawning on his final day before meeting the gang Majima decided he'd give himself a treat and play,some cards with the boys for the day and just rest for the evening. He wanted to be fully refreshed for whatever came next.

That morning Kazuo awoke and decided to wear a lightweight jacket, a red tank, loose fitting jeans, and black boots. He ate quickly and made his way to the port island district where they were meeting again, and came in right on time on one of the high school girls running her mouth. He felt the calm and silence from the psuedospace and just sighed a little heavily at her. "Heh, so you think that I'm gonna take hits for ya without knowing you, ya got another thing coming. The world ain't for ya to go the way you wanna go, anyway Rei, here, bones you wanted for whatever it is ya do...Necromancy?" Majima coyly smiles, walking past the girls and handing them to Rei. He opens his character menu "So, all of em to ten, with 26 AP would I be able to get em there buddy?" He looks over at Rei then the others. "Yo sword girl." He says and waits for a reply from Rei. "Also I was thinking of dropping my knife fighting anyway, Rei I was looking through gaming shit during some off time from my workouts, I think I'd make a good monk, or something similar to a meatshield. What kinda long range shit ya want me to do anyway?"

A packet? Printed material in 2075? She smirked.

"Coulda saved a lot of trees," Rin muttered as she flipped through the pages of information. It wasn't exactly going to fit in her pockets, but there wasn't a need to do so regardless. Bringing out her smartphone, the samurai girl snapped a couple of pictures of important parts of the packet, before handing it back to Rei. The information about the dangers were irrelevant. She had already known of such issues previously, after all, while the different 'supernatural' abilities that were made known to the group were similarly pointless.

After all, she had her own plans within seconds of reading it over, which meant that there were only a few things to focus on.

Level 10. Sharpening her Mana Cut. The Endurance Talent. Increasing her Spirit to 10.

Those were her priorities.

Increasing the Scores of Focus and Movement. Reducing the cost of her Passive to something manageable. Increasing her Intelligence and Dexterity.

Those were her side missions.

Purchasing her own Abyss Auction membership. Killing the Goblin Family. Killing the Horsemen. Surpassing Rei.

Those were her immediate goals.

She accepted the Vengeance quest without a second thought, less interested in helping her fellow Gamers and more interested in simply having more opponents to defeat, more tangible goals to cut through. Rin had a vague idea of what Goblins were, and considering how that Goblin wasn't even able to kill the Gamers in their level 1 incarnations, it was doubtful that there would be much of a challenge, but…

Rewards were rewards, huh? She was getting into the mentality of a bounty hunter, wasn't she?

Her blue eyes flickered from Hira who asked questions that didn't require asking, Majima who made some comments that didn't require much thought, and Aiko who, surprisingly enough, actually seemed to be totally alright with being dependent on others, despite her bloodthirst and the apathy she displayed in consideration to everyone else.

Another mask? Or was there something else present?

"Power is spread so that when others aren't around, you don't have glaring weaknesses," Rin said flatly, "There is no particular deadline for completing this quest, Aiko, and if you only focus on what you enjoy, you'll end up with a narrow perspective on what must be done."

Her blade of mana. That needed to be honed the coming week, into something that can disarm her foes at a distance.

"If you believe that physical ability can trump over a ranged offense, go for it." It pissed her off too, when it became apparent that the purity of her own technique had to be stained. "But if there is a foe that can fly, what will your options be, Aiko? Overspecialize, and you breed in weakness. In one week, we have become…30% stronger than before. For most, there is no rush to attain an enormous amount of power, so it's better to broaden your horizon at the start. After all..."

She paused, recalling every ability that the others have displayed.

"…I can defeat any one of you, if you depend on strength and steel alone."

Was that enough of a declaration? A thin, cold smile emerged, the one that she graced every one of her opponents in the past. Right, though they had similar goals, they weren't necessarily 'comrades'.

"Anyways, moving on," Rin said, turning back to Rei, "The Karasuma household has a dojo, yes, but they are swordsmen. I doubt there's much to learn if you don't intend on picking up a katana. As far as leads go, Ichimiya isn't a good one, especially because he's not even an instructor there. I must ask, however, about magic. How is it even attained? You have already bore witness to what I have acquired during the past five days, Rei, so I'll state my intentions here: the starting point shall be Wind Magic."

Wind, to provide the wings that will allow her to close in on anyone.

To enhance, rather than diverge from, her sword technique.

Last edited:
Tae Min's eyes darted over the pages, not pausing for a beat as he soaked in the words from Rei's packet. If there was anything that living in did for him, it was the blessing of fast reading, borne from days on end of poring over thick texts.

He found the portions about techniques intriguing, despite the fact that he was already more or less set on what he wanted. It couldn't hurt to pick up another trick or two though, if just to keep things spicy. Then, Tae Min's eyes visibly slowed when he leafed over from the page about martial arts to the page labeled 'The Dangers'. He took his time with the page in particular, taking in the words bit by bit.

A fate worse than death... He paused, then breathed in, and out without a sound.

... Would be to remain afraid of possibility. A small smile wormed itself onto Tae Min's face as he finished reading the packet in its entirety.

Between the business card in his pocket, the book sitting in his inventory, and the pile of ap he had waiting to be spent, the teen thought himself to be in a fine place for a fresh beginning.

Tae Min had been loosely listening to the other gamers ask questions as he finished reading and accepting the quest for the four horsemen. The topic was mostly centered on the paths they were planning to take individually. Majima seemed interested in taking on a tank or fighter role, something the teen thought was rather befitting of his stature and presence. Especially considering how hard he punches, Tae Min thought back to his own second wind training.

Aiko brought up her own perspective on distributions, which Rin refuted steadfastly. The blue eyed girl was as sharp as her blade, both in wit and speech, Tae Min observed.

A solo player at heart, it seems, he thought as she declared her own might. Rin certainly didn't strike him as the type to go for teammates, unless it was profitable. Her cold expression said, in the least, that she had no issue with cutting down people in her way. Though, right as she likely was about her prowess... Strength is relative, isn't it? The words echoed in Tae Min's memory.

"My pick will be Arcane magic, then," he piped in after Rin. He spoke with a tone of relaxed ease, unperturbed by the note of tension surrounding the tasks at hand. "The school of Manipulation, specifically." Tae Min turned to Rei with an easy smile as he said this.

"I'd also like to add a particular individual to our potential list of Abyss connections," he pulled out the business card from his pocket and held it up. "I was lucky enough to run into a level 49 the other day. Almost died doing it, but I managed to pick up his personal," he said with a lilting laugh. "His name is Marcus Feldman. Detective and plasma wizard to boot. He may be able to help train us in magic. Oh, and don't call him Marky by the way. I kinda got scolded for that. "

Soren and Hira, Men of the Trades
[spoili]

After finishing his typical morning routine, Soren looked over to his books, and thought of the work he had accomplished on his own thus far. See, I really don't need to be with a group of angry Gamers.

Stopping as he was about to adjust how one of his tools was sitting in his toolbelt, he recalled one of the other Gamers wearing a toolbelt as well. The Gamer he had pity on, the adult that Rei bullied. Maybe, just maybe, he is in a similar boat to myself. Could be he is crafting as well, could be he has some ideas as well. Could be that Soren could find both an ally, and a friend, in the other Gamer. I'll send him a message and see if he would be up for meeting after I finish school today.

"Personal Message, Hira Chikara" Soren used the PM function again, then typed away. "Hey, would you be up for either some crafting, designing blueprints, or fighting some skeletons, today, after 4pm?" He stopped, reading over his message once more, "send" he nodded, he felt it was a good idea.

~~

Hira had been up for about a half hour or so when he suddenly saw a Private Message come to him from another Gamer. He recognized the name that sent the PM. Soren, who was a quieter person. They didn't interact much and their fighting ability was more than good enough. He was intrigued by the other Gamer since they seemed so much more reserved than everyone else. He wondered what was hiding inside that shell of his, if it was a shell at all.

Hira spoke to respond to the PM. "Reply." He typed out, "I'd be happy to meet with you to do that! I actually happen to work in construction, so blueprints are something I'm used to seeing! I'm sure designing one would be no problem at all! I'd be fine to do anything that'll help us progress, whether that be fighting or learning how to craft things. Where do you wanna meet to do all of this?" He looked over the PM once more to make sure the wording wasn't aggressive or too know-it-all-ish. He thought it was fine and said, "Send."

While he waited for a response to come, he got onto his phone and logged into the game he liked to play with his coworkers. If he could get one dungeon done before he left, then he'd be happy. Of course, this was just for fun, so he wasn't really taking this dungeon run seriously.

~~

That was fast. Must be a morning person, or getting ready for work. Soren read the PM he received, Sending a quick response back, "The park in port island, I'll head over as soon as I am done school, I'll bring draft paper and what I have thus far." sending the message off, Soren grabbed his rucksack and put a few books in it, not wanting to waste space in his inventory. Then he used his inventory to store his current projects, and blueprints, as they would not be the kind of things that a student should possess.

~

Hira read the message and sent back a short message to let Soren know that he agreed. "Reply. Alright. Sounds good to me. See ya at 4. Send." He did the dungeon run a singular time. As he finished, he smiled and laid back on his couch in his tiny apartment. He closed his eyes for a moment and thought about what his life would've been like if he had stayed with his Father. It would've been atrocious, but this. This was something much more fulfilling for him.

He got up and went to work, putting on his toolbelt. It was time to go do his daily work grind. The biggest boss monster was yet to come, his boss. He headed to work and thought about what he might do with Soren once he was done with work. He got excited and that pumped him up for his job.

----

As soon as he finished work, he headed over to the park. He opened an empty pseudospace and started training with his hammer. Now was as good a time as ever. He had an hour before they were supposed to meet up anyway. He messaged Soren before he started his practice and said, "I'll be in a pseudospace working on my Great Hammer Use talent when you get here. If you can come into the pseudospace, then go ahead. If not, I'll come out and we can do whatever we need to." With that, he began his Hammer practice for an hour.

~~

Ignoring the message till he was done school, Soren read it on his way to the park. He was doing his best to get there as fast as he could. Time was a precious commodity, one he did not like to waste dilly-daddiling. He sent a simple message of "On the way" as he hurried along.

As he got to the pseudospace, he found that it was silent, with the exception of hearing Hira training with his hammer. It was a nice change compared to the last time he walked into one. No skeletons jumping them. Yet.

"Sorry for the wait." Soren took in a deep breathe, he had run the distance from where he got off to the park. "Inventory." He wasted no time, taking out all of the things he had worked out so far, the blue prints, the papers to make more designs and concepts, and two bottles of water he happened to grab at school for this. "I couldn't bring the machines I use, as my parents might think I we got robbed if they suddenly vanished for a day." Soren stepped back from his work, revealing a partially made Kite Shield, and bits and pieces from his grenades, with their blueprints, along with the blueprint for a small hand cannon. "I would of had a grenade by now, but it sort of...prematurely went off." He forced a chuckle.

~~

Hira saw the message from Soren that said he was on the way, but just ignored it while he practiced with his Hammer. As Soren entered the pseudospace, he didn't notice. Soren suddenly spoke to him and it almost spooked him. "Oh!" He turned around as he saw Soren. He apologized for the wait and Hira responded with, "No worries. I found something to keep me busy." He gestured to the hammer as he moved closer to Soren.

Soren brought out all of the items that he had been working on. Now, what do we have here?[/s] Hira knew he would be no help in drafting blueprints for things of this nature, but he did know a little bit about electronics. He had to work alongside electricians at times when building homes and he picked up a few things while he watched them work. However, he was sure he couldn't complete the design himself.

"Soren, like I said, I work in construction, so there's not much I can bring to the table with these kinds of designs. I don't know how to make a blueprint for a weapon, much less a hand cannon. If you asked me to design that shield, sure. I could tell you where you should reinforce places, but anything electronic and my knowledge is… Less than exquisite. I'll still try and help, but I can't promise that we can finish any of these." Hira looked at the partially built kite shield and it was interesting that he was trying to build something like this. Did he want to use a shield himself? Or did he want someone else to take it from him? He was interested to see what he'd do with the shield. "Might I ask what this shield is for though? Do you plan to use it?"

~~

"You use big tools and work in an industrious field, you have more hands on experience and can give a valued opinion on functionality, and likely knowledge on where to find some materials and about the quality of said materials." Soren valued that Hira was straightforward with what he couldn't bring to the table, a bit disappointing, but it was great that he didn't shy from it.

"The internet is a great source for how to make most of these things, but I question some of the materials they suggest, books can dispute which are better choices, you have seen what metals can take for stress, I'm assuming." Soren paused for a moment, he really did just jump in assuming Hira knew a lot. "Really, any input or suggestion is welcome, it's my first time making most of these things." Picking up the partial shield, "This is to provide cover when I am using the grenades. No use in having something with a bang if it takes myself out in the process. Not to mention, I am finding making these sort of things rather fun. Once I am done, I'll likely keep at it, making more armour, and weapons, and trying to mix what I know about electronics, and magic in the mix."

~~

"That's a fair assumption of my skills. I do know a few places where you can get some cheaper materials, since I've had to go with a coworker to get some metal plating for houses sometimes." However, he thought it was odd that he was trying to copy the traditional grenade in a way. The internet was probably going to tell you how to make older, less effective copies of the modern grenade. Hira didn't know much about explosives, but he suddenly had a memory pop back into his head. When he was in high school, he had to take a chemistry class to graduate. During that class, the teacher had shown them a video about explosive metals that react in water. Hira wasn't sure that this was the kind of thing that Soren might've wanted, but maybe it was something that could point him in the right direction.

"Soren, I think I remember there being some kind of metal that reacts with water to create an explosion. And if you were going to create an explosion, you'd need a sturdy, slightly brittle metal. And if you were going to use the metal that reacts with water, than you'd need a metal container that wouldn't react with water or the explosive metal. Hmm…. I'd probably try something like copper, silver, or iron. Those are probably your best bets. Although copper is a little too malleable… I'd say Silver or Iron. I don't deal with those metals much, but if you make… A ¾ inch tube with it and you can find a way to get the metal and water inside without touching, then I'd say you could do it. For the shield…" Hira mumbled a few things to himself, trying to look at the blueprint and what measurements he had for the thickness and height. "What did you make this shield out of?"

~~

"Hmmmm…" Soren looked picked up his blue prints, He hadn't thought of using materials that reacted with water for the grenade, it could make it easier to get the material, as opposed to right now where he had to buy a few things so that they could cause a reaction when mixed together, "I'll try to make a few the way you suggested as well, and when they are both done, I'll test them, I'll let you try them as well if you are up for it when the time comes."

Placing the grenade parts and prints he had already back into his inventory, he quickly sketched out a concept based on what Hira had said, "Something like this then?" Looking more like a pipe grenade, Soren was pleased with the idea. Alright, that methodology could also make smoke grenades if I subbed the material.

"The shield is primarily made of hardwood, oak to be precise, with the metal i am using on it is just plain iron. I use copper more for electrical trinkets, so I felt that would be a waste, and the precious metals are a bit…" Soren rubbed his fingers together while wearing a frown, "Pricey, you know?"

~~

When Soren extended the offer to try the grenades once he was finished interested Hira a lot. He nodded in response to this extension. He was also surprised how quickly Soren had drawn up a draft for the grenade that he suggested he make. When he showed him the design, he was impressed with how practical the whole thing worked. A pipe bomb-of-sorts that would probably do more damage due to its increased size. However, that might mean he had to get more material to put into the bomb.

"Try shortening the size of the grenade a little bit. The explosion will probably be more concentrated if you do that. And you also won't have to buy as much material. As you said, it is expensive to buy precious metals. Copper is also not a metal I'd suggest for a shield or anything that keep you safe from explosions or other uses of force. Iron is definitely a good bet. If you're going to make sure that this shield stays in use, keep the reinforcements from the iron toward the outside of the shield and weave the iron pieces across the front in a tight 'X' formation. It might look a little weird and you're going to have to get some substantial iron, but it should be more than good enough to withstand some heavy blows. The nicest part about the grenades with water is that the explosion won't be fire-based, so it won't be able to singe or burn your shield. If you're gonna go with the other grenades, even if they're better, you need to watch out for that. Other than that, I think that would probably be enough to make a quality shield. At least, from what I know about reinforcements and the like."

~~

"Thank you." Soren bowed respectfully to Hira, before putting the rest into his inventory. Leaving out just water bottles. "That should give me a bit more insight on how I should tweak those." He tossed the second bottle to Hira before taking a swig from his own. "Is there any projects you are working on or would like to use in this Game we now call life?"

~~

"No problem Soren. It was actually fun for me to think about this stuff. And, unfortunately, I'm not working on anything. I'm just trying to make myself more useful by training the skills I've gotten. I got a skill called 'Guard' and it really helps with defending against attacks. I have a feeling I'll be taking some substantial damage for the team. Not that I'm uncomfortable with the tank role, but I feel like I could be doing something more, you know? The one thing I really want is some sort of healing ability. I guess I'll have to ask Rei about how I can obtain one of those. Healing abilities are usually super helpful in games, especially when you're taking a lot of damage as a tank. I don't like using items because it seems like a waste of resources. I always feel like I could use them some other time. Well, I've also never felt threatened for my own life when playing a game, so I guess I don't get desperate enough to use them." Hira pondered on this for a second, but then knew that he'd pop a potion if he needed it to survive. "Anyway, since I've helped you with your blueprints, do you wanna fight skeletons? I think that'd be the best way to help me right now." He opened his water bottle and took a drink. It was surprisingly tiring, coming up with ideas and helping with blueprints.

~~

A guard skill? I'll likely pick that up at some point, it seems like a simple, yet useful skill to have. "Just do what comes naturally, or what you want to be" Soren shrugged, "If you want to be the Paladin, be the Paladin. If you want to be a Hero…" He paused after the word 'Hero' left his lips, "Then go for it." He smiled looking at Hira's bright blue eyes, they had a glimmer that Soren's did not.

"But yeah, I'm down for smashing some bones. I've increased my strength, and given our weapon types, we should be able to breeze through them."

~~

Hira smiled slightly as Soren told him to do what he wanted. But then Soren's pause after the word 'Hero' cued him in that something was wrong. However, it seemed Soren didn't want to press the issue. He looked him in the eye and there was a smile on his face, but it didn't match his vocal expression. Hira decided not to talk to him about it. They didn't know each other well enough to talk about personal issues just yet. They had barely met. They were basically strangers, yet they bonded over the making of grenades and fighting. How strange.

"Sounds go-" Hira had suddenly realized that weapon type did play a part in enemy combat. "I just realized that I hadn't even thought about weapon types while in combat. But I've raised my Strength as well. This should definitely be a piece of cake!" He smiled widely as he got himself up, using his hammer as a support. "Now, let's go!"

~~

"Sounds like a plan." holding his hand towards the sky, like they had the previous time they had all gathered in that very park, "We will split the drops 50/50 after we finish, just pick everything up after we finish beating them, sounds good?" Awaiting a response before he continued, Soren then changed it to a Skeleton Pseudospace.

~~

Soren made the comment about the drops and Hira nodded in response. "Will do." Hira readied himself before Soren changed the pseudospace.

~~

After Soren finished cracking down the last skeleton from the first batch, he turned to Hira, "I assume that you picked up at least one 'bone' right? Time for you to make the pseudospace." The fight didn't last nearly as long as he had thought it would. The difference a few points in strength and using the more effective weapons he supposed. "If the next batch is just as quick, you up for a spar as well?"

~

After they finished the combat, Hira smirked. This was a lot easier than the fight with the Goblin that he encountered when he first gained this power. Ah! That was right! He still had to fight that Goblin! He'd definitely be ready for the Goblin this time around. A weapon with plenty of attack power and now he had more health to deal with the Goblin. "I did happen to pick a few up. And now I guess I can finally summon the skeletons through the pseudospace, huh?" He held the bone up and summoned a new pseudospace with a new batch of skeletons. "After we finish this, I'd be happy to spar!" As he finished this statement, he rushed toward the group of skeletons.

~~

With Hira bringing this group of skeletons to an end, Soren tallied the bones they had remaining. Rei didn't let them keep any of the items when they all trained together, so this was the most drops that Soren had ever had. He looked forward to finding out their purpose.

"So, 5 bones, two each, and the winner of our sparring can take the remaining one?" Soren felt it was a generous and fair way of deciding the last one. If he got it, it was far as Hira used one, if Hira got it, it was fair as Soren got one previously which let him get the pseudospace.

Taking a battle stance, Soren held his Mace in his left hand, and had his mechanical arm ready as well. Block with the weapon, smash with the fist.

~

Hira couldn't accept the offer that Soren had given him regarding the bones. They had worked for all 6 and Soren deserved an equal share. Hira had decided to use one of his 3 and that was his choice. "You don't have to spar me for the last bone. We both worked equally for those six. And I already used one of the three I earned. So you deserve to keep the three that you earned and I'll take the rest of my share that I earned."

Soren was battle-ready within a moment of saying this, which made Hira smirk. "Ready to go, are we? Guess I need to get ready to go as well." Hira held his hammer in a stance that he felt was strong. He slowly moved toward Soren, examining how he was holding his mace. He was at a disadvantage, having a one-handed weapon when battling with someone that had a two-handed weapon. At least, that was his opinion. He'd make sure he wouldn't lose this battle. He moved quickly to Soren to strike.

~~

Soren expected to deflect the first strike, but that didn't happen as planned. He had never sparred against someone wielding a two handed weapon, and a heavy blunt one at that. Soren's arm wasn't able to resist the sheer weight behind the strike, causing his weapon to be pushed back and taking damage from the strike made against him.

The only solace Soren found was that heavy weapons usually took time after a strike, taking this in mind, Soren took a step back, trying to figure the best way to take Hira down.

~~

Hira felt his hammer come down on Soren and didn't feel bad about hitting someone this time. This is what it took to train. Soren would come out better for it and so would Hira. He'd continue his assault, except that he wanted to train his Guard skill as well. "Come on Soren, let's see what you got!" He guarded himself, readying himself for his assault.

~~

Soren chuckled through his pain, "Not much at this point." Soren tossed his Mace to his other hand, and charged at Hira, Can't go on the defensive against him. Soren raised his weapon and went for a rib strike.

~~

Hira quickly moved his hammer in the way of the mace headed for his ribcage. "C'mon, you've got more fire in you than this. I know it. Reach deep down and beat me!" Hira was going to slam into Soren's side with the blunt side of his hammer. "C'mon!"

~~

Soren took the strike, gritting his teeth on impact. And sliding across the grass "You're right," Changing his grip on the Mace again, and noticing how he slide on the grass, Soren went for a risking move, Charging at Hira, then diving into a slide and striking his leg with his mace. "I do!"

~~

Hira was almost surprised when his hammer slammed into Soren with such force that he fell and slid on the grass. However, that was not going to deter him. He was going to get Soren to bring out the fire that rested inside of him. He could see it coming, but he didn't see Soren's strike coming. He didn't expect the slide-attack for his legs, but he gritted his teeth as the mace dug into his leg. But this was the time for Hira to make the finishing blow. He raised his hammer above his head and planned to slam down onto Soren.

~~

Seeing the Hammer above him, Soren moved fast, and threw his mace at Hira as hard as he could. Not the most practical use of the weapon, he had to admit, but using things abnormally was something that Soren would always try to use to his advantage.
~~

Hira swung down and missed his target, who then proceeded to whip him in the side with a flying mace. He breathed in through his teeth, trying to displace the pain with the pressure of air between his teeth. "Now you have no weapon. You better hope you can hit me hard enough to finish me." Hira knew that this would hopefully egg Soren on. He wanted to see him get angry, get desperate. He wanted to see what he would do. He charged at Soren and readied his hammer for a swing right into Soren's side.

~~

"The thing about Fire, you never know what it will burn!" Soren grinned. He was enjoying this sparring match much more than the last one he had, it was hurting a lot, yes, but he was pretty sure that Hira wouldn't murder him if he fell and needed to use his second wind. Cocking his metal fist back, Soren charged as well.

~~

Hira swung his hammer back, readying his momentum for a powerful strike, when all of a sudden, he saw a shadow above him. It almost seemed as if a hawk was flying right into the center of his vision and he felt cold, hard metal smash right in between his eyes. He fell like a sack of bricks and yelled out in pain. However, despite how painful it was, he was happy. Soren had beaten him. And he was glad, since it showed that Soren got a fire in his soul. He wanted to see what Soren's expression was after this. He was sure that the expression was the very thing he was looking for when he seemed like he was full of emptiness earlier. This experience filled that hole and Hira was happy to lose to someone who he helped.

~~

Soren had lept at just the right moment and punched Hira right in the face, the element of surprise clearly being in his favour today. Looking at his hand as he stood above the impressive sized man, Hira had let out a yell, an expected response given what had just happened. Well, that was more entertaining than I thought it would be, Soren cracked a smile, He certainly got me going. Holding out his left hand to help Hira up. "Well played."

~~

[/spoili]

Arriving on time, Soren looked at the other gamers, taking mental note of their levels. I Wonder if they all just fought skeletons, or just physical training the whole time? Like Rei, Soren too was curious to find out what skills the others had developed during there time. Not to mention that he didn't really know all the skills that the Gamers who had been part of the Goblin group had even.

Soren held the packet in his hand, turning it to see the backside, and opening it first to see how it was made. A rather simple way of explaining some things, though talking likely would of been just as easy as making this...Maybe He likes making pamphlets? Soren looked at Rei, cocking his brow with a mixture of confusion and intrigue.

Taking his time to read over the pamphlet, many things caught Soren's attention. I knew that these bones could have a greater use! Magic that utalizes item drops, If I could somehow manage to get that to work with a gun, or another machine, maybe even my own hand? One of my favourite video game characters can do a similar thing! His eyes shone brightly as his mind traversed the plains of innovation. But I can't neglect the idea of fusing magic with machine, enchantment could provide many opportunities as well...Almost nothing could bring him down, ideas racing, his heart pumping, the magic pages alone filled Soren with glee. A way to make his craft better than before.

As he continue to read though, things just went downhill. Spiritualism? Divine Power? Those things held no place in Soren's mind. Or did they? He was about to turn the page dismissfully, then he paused. In some games, almost everything has a Deity, meaning their could be a divine smith, architect, or artificer. It might be worth looking into I suppose. Mentally shrugging, he continued on his read.

Finishing his read, the first thing Soren did was open up the windows to get to and accept the other quest.

So in short, he set a baseline he wants us to achieve, and unless he has a personal quest that isn't shared with us. Either he cares, he has an objective, or just doesn't want to have a guilty conscience when one of them dies.

Hira spoke first, a simple question, though to Soren at least it seemed clear that Rei did want them to say what they could do and what they wanted to learn.

Things started to tense up a bit after that though...

The gamer ability was hindering Aiko apparently, and she seemed to disagree with the notion of broadening her skills. Majima was clearly up to something, weither it was trying to put himself in Rei's good book, if it existed, or it was showing defiance towards Aiko, Soren was not sure. Rin then went on to explain to Aiko why it was a good idea and then made an insulting declaration, before things went back on track, with people stating useful bits of information, concerning what they want to learn, and people they have met who are connected to the abyss.

Soren couldn't let that comment go though, "The only thing you beat us all in, is unnecessary ego." Walking to stand beside Hira, Soren opened his inventory, and pulled out his shield. slamming his first creation to the ground with a thunk, he looked up to Hira, flashing a smile and shooting him a thumb up. He then proceeded to pull out two grenades from his inventory. Offering one to Hira, and then delivering one to Rei. "I've been working with my tools, levelling mechanics and engineering, these are the first two of my products that I have made." opening his window for his current skills, he began to list them, "Mana flow, second wind, night owl, knowledge, mechanics, engineering, psuedospace creation, focus, mace use, novice explosives handling, and..." He stopped for a moment as he spent the 5 ap to unlock a new skill, "Shield use."

Going back to where he left his shield standing, "I'd like to learn both Enchantment and Materia magic. Also, is there a skill to appraise? I would like to be able to judge the materials I use better."

"Level 49?" Rei raises an eyebrow as he examines the Business Card that Tae Min Lee holds up. He takes a picture of it with his phone, before pocketing the device into his Inventory. Definitely something to take into consideration.

Rei figures he can get to that in a moment though. First, the more pressing issue of everyone listing their hopeful powers. Majima wanted Rei to decide, so Rei figured he would do that last.

First, Hira. Mentioning Aqua Magic and just increasing Hammer Proficiency, those were easy enough. So he figures he would answer all questions about Magic here and now. "To learn Magic, you need to obtain an INT Score of 20. As you all may already know, hitting Max Level in a Skill that is of Rank 8 or lower, gives you a Point in a Stat related to that Talent. So with a Knowledge or Crafting Skill, you can raise your INT just by maxing them out once they hit Rank 8."

Rei takes out his phone, beginning to log Items on the Abyss Auction site, starting with a book on Aqua Magic as he takes the bones Majima gives him and shoves those in his Inventory for now.

"Our power gives us the ability to unlock Talents instantly from Books, which does unfortunately destroy the book in the process. However" Rei pulls a book out of his Inventory. Its cover is blank of course. "If you take the time to actually read and seriously study the book, not only will it reduce the AP Cost once you finish it, but you'll get other rewards possibly, like additional techniques. Plus its a good way to train the Knowledge Talent."

He now puts it back into his Inventory, before looking at Rin and Aiko.

"There is nothing wrong with Specialization, however;" he gestures to Rin, "Rin is right. We all" he looks to everyone, "are not going to be together all of the time. Especially considering how several of you" he looks to Majima, Rin, and Aiko, "seem to have a distinct lack of fondness of being with others." Rei just shrugs.

"Not that said dislike matters of course. Since right now, using each other seems to bet he only thing we are good at doing. But once you all are done and have gotten all of the use you can out of each other there is no way any of you are actually going to stick together. Because that's how we human beings work."

Rei seems to move on to the next point though, before any retort can come on that bit.

"So I am not saying you necessarily need to stick to these goals and balance your Stats..." Rei holds up the packet Rin handed back to him, "I still recommend you sharpen two to three Weapons instead of just one, since in the Abyss you are going to be fighting a large variety of Opponents, some who may have the ability to stay out of range of Melee. And to look at your Abilities again." Rei continues to click on his phone, paging through the Auction.

"You have good Movement abilities. Train those, and they can become your CC. Staying away from people and being able to get out of tough spots. Your Leech Mana Skill is immensely useful since Magic Users depend on their Mana, and if trained right has a huge amount of potential. In fact" Rei holds out his wrist towards Aiko, "Any time you want to train that, say the word. It'll be good training for me too."

Pulling his hand back now, Rei continues. "So Enchantment Magic would be good for you. Acquire Buff Spells to raise your Physical Abilities. Spells that can imbue your Armor to make it more protective or make your Weapons hit with Magical Damage also exist. Wind Magic would also be good. Since you need to get your INT to 20 anyway, you can acquire both. One to make yourself stronger, the other to make your movements not only faster, but it could even give you Ranged Options and make you hit faster. Plus Wind Magic can actually grant the power of Flight eventually."

Rei sighs now. "So before you start spewing crap about 'stupid video game rules', you need to perhaps look at your abilities from a true Gamer's standpoint. RPGs gave me alot of my own ideas, and by utilizing their rules, I have been able to figure out alot about what our power can do, and figure out goals for myself that actually work with the Abyss' logic and the Supernatural Physics of this world, since from what I have gathered our Power doesn't always follow the typical rules of the Supernatural, so there is more we can do that others cannot."

With that out of the way, Rei turns to Rin. "As for you, I personally recommend those forms of Magic as well." Rei knows that Rin already knows what she wants. So he moves on, looking at the two... grenades, and the Shield that Soren made.

"If you plan on doing Crafting... Enchantment and Materia would definitely be good for you. Although you may want to pick up a good, sturdy Backpack and raise your Strength. Since all of those Items consumes your Encumbrance, which can have penalties on your AGI if taken below 0."

Then Rei moves on to Soren's other question. "As for Appraisal..." he looks down, contemplation on his expression. "I got the Observe Skill from training the Perception Talent by watching people and enemies... so..." Rei pauses, then looks back up at Soren, "you may be able to get an Appraise style Skill by examining Items. Usually in games, Perception or Crafting abilities may be what gives you this."

Rei already figured out what Tae Min Lee wanted, so that Gamer just gets a nod before Rei moves on to Majima.

"Learning Ki would be good. As would continuing to train your Mana Skills, if you have any, since Ki uses WIS just as Manipulating Mana does. Ki to boost your Physical, Mana to give you Mystical Damage."

Having finished all of that, Rei goes over the books he is going to buy for everyone, and to tell him if these are correct or not:

Enchantment Magic Book (x2 - 3): Soren and Aiko (Possibly), and Rin (Possibly)
Wind Magic (x2): Aiko (Possibly), and Rin
Aqua Magic: Hira Chikara
Ki Focus Book: Majima
Materia Magic Book: Soren

"And remember, seriously read through the books, don't just use them. Once you have gained all of the benefits, we can sell them back to the Auction since there is no point in keeping them."

Last edited:
A sigh. It seemed like nobody understood her. Not even her little egoistical friend. Or maybe the white-hair just did not express herself well enough? Whatever the case was, it did not matter too much in the end.

What did matter, and ticket her off to an extent, was Rin's behavior. It hurt. Had her ego grown ten-times by the last time they met? I thought we are friends. Or had Aiko simply been to blind? What did I do wrong? Declaring herself 'the strongest' just like that? I know I am worthless... . Tzch. The crimson-eyed psycho couldn't quite pin her mind on it yet but maybe it was about the same deal as with Rei - his own words after only a harsh reminder about the reality she was in. I don't want to be alone. Regardless, Aiko needed no one and if anything her father would suffice.

Memorizing the information Tae Min presented Aiko made a mental note to better avoid this person. A detective was the last thing she needed... and what the hell was a plasma-wizard anyways? "I tried to acquire something like the Observe skill a while ago but wasn't able to... ." Aiko made it clear that it was actually something she'd like to have as well.

Getting Talents from Books seemed awfully convenient, as boring as reading was, and the suggestions Rei offered the white-hair weren't too bad either. "Say, it should be possible to make my own Account at this Abyss Auction, no?" Ultimately, she hated to rely on others. Even as she gladly accepted the book about Wind Magic and Enchantment.

Lastly, there was something else that surprised her. Soren, the Skeleton-thief, brought two grenades. That he, apparently, 'just randomly build'. That was... no, it probably wasn't too hard to make home-made explosives but... still. What would he do next? Build some high-tech cannon out of nothing?

A weapon that fired projectiles at sub-sonic speed. If she were to face such an opponent... what would stop them to apply the same kind of shenanigans to their equipment that she could do to her knifes? The girl wasn't an expert in physics but literally dodging such a weapon would mean she'd attain, and accelerate, at a speed that would disintegrate her own body or something, no? Then again her body wasn't normal in the first place... .

"Say..." She now asked Rei. "How are firearms standing in the Abyss anyways?" She simply asked. "And I am not talking about some old crap like the..." What was one of Johnson's favorite models again? He loved collecting those pieces of junk. "...VP9? I am not saying I want to use such cowardly and boring means of ki- defense but I have a hard time imagining to defend myself against state-of-the-art equipment. Not to mention whatever magical shenanigans they combine it with."

Aiko did bring up a valid question, one that Rei chooses to respond to right away. After all, Soren's grenades did bring up an interesting thought in Rei's mind.

"More conventional firearms like Machine Guns, Pistols, or other such things are not all that special. Gun Users in the Abyss are strong yes, but hit an early peak in their strength. Even with Magic, the limits of even the best sorts of Guns can only go so far, before things like Magical Shields, Barriers, Wards, armor made out of special materials, and other such things simply make them far too expensive to actually be relied upon."

Rei thinks for a few moments. "For instance, a magically enhanced Sniper Bullet costs 10,000 Yen. And that's just with a basic round and a bit of magic to boost its damage. And that's just a single round."

Rei shakes his head. "Most battles in the Abyss, according to the information I have gathered, are battles of attrition between evenly matched opponents. Who has the most resources, the greatest strength, the most speed, the best skill..." Rei pauses, as if contemplating something, and then goes on.

"Magically enchanting every single bullet to actually be useful would take a large amount of time and money, and even then there is only so much Magic one can put into a bullet. So right now" Rei puts his hand into the form of a gun, pointing it at the Gamers.

"Guns are a threat. And while some weaker Ability Users do use them; we will probably never see any Gun Users higher up in the Abyss..."

"Provided that we live that long of course." Rei just shrugs.

"As for other firearms..." Rei looks at Soren's grenades. "That's a different story. Things like Magic Guns that fire Spells instead of bullets, Magic Cannons that can fire singular, powerful magical shells that are very expensive to make, and other such things do exist. There are even things called 'Spirit Canisters' which are made from Liquid Silver that can hold in them decently large quantities of Spiritual Power. All of these things are immensely expensive though, and "Magi-Tech" or other such special 'modernized gear' like that is not often solely relied upon thanks to the counters that could make them useful."

"Still a threat. Maybe not to us at the moment, since people our Level wouldn't have the money to get such things... but still a threat nonetheless if you can't properly defend yourself.
"

Rei pulls out his shield. "But with proper power, gear, or ability, even a magical shell fired at high speed can be dodged or blocked." He now puts it back once again with the Q1 Command.

Rei scratches his head. "Its sort of hard to explain, since I am not really an expert" something Rei is willing to admit, "but to simplify what I have gathered, we shouldn't really have to worry about powerful threats like 'Magi-Tech' right now since most low level Ability Users wouldn't really possess the funds or time to constantly reload and maintain such powerful weapons."

Rei sighs heavily. It seems that there are just some questions about this magical world that they have stepped into that can't really be properly explained.

83e158adfb7412ca16b959d6c586d25a.png

Hira watched as the group made their comments one by one.

Aiko spoke first. He had never gotten to know the girl, but she rubbed him the wrong way for some reason. She seemed to be somewhat... Hmm... How should he put it... Intense? No, that was too kind a word. Intimidating maybe. Anyway, she seemed to speak concerning how our lack of specialization might be our downfall. At least, that's what he was getting from it. Or maybe she was just frustrated because she had something specific in mind. He agreed with her for the most part though. If they didn't specialize, then there was no way to determine what roles people would fit into the party.

Next came Rin. She commented on what Aiko had said. She thought it would be better to spread out their abilities so that they could survive on their own, in case the Gamers never stayed together. This was an unfortunate comment, but it was true. It was not written in stone that they would all stay together. It was possible that they'd go their separate ways once they had gotten strong enough. However, Hira had hope that they might stay together. She also made a comment that she could defeat anyone who relied specifically on physical combat, which he could believe. She had put up a good fight against him last time. However, he knew that he had damaged her thoroughly in their original battle. It would be possible for him to beat her, although it would require he not hold back.

After that, Majima. He was a very interesting fellow in his manner of speaking. He didn't seem too aggressive, despite some of his appearance. Hira tried not to pass judgement on him, but it seemed his mind had put Majima into a box. He'd have to have a chat with him later to see what he was really like.

Then Tae Min Lee. Tae seemed to find someone who was a plasma mage to help them in their quest to find more magic. Hira also didn't know Tae Min Lee very well, so he'd also have to have a chat with them to get to know them better. At this point, he realized that he really hadn't interacted with much of the group at all. He had interacted with a total of 3 out of 6. 1/2 of the group wasn't bad, but he'd prefer to have talked to all of them by this point.

Lastly, Soren spoke. He pulled out his shield and two grenades. He handed one of them to Hira and another to Rei. Oh? This was very interesting that he had actually given one of the grenades to him now. Had he tested them? Did they work well? By the sound of Novice Explosives Handling talent, he was sure that they worked. Hira smiled at Soren as he stuck the grenade into his inventory. He'd have to test it out later.

And that was it from the group.

Now Rei spoke. He gave comments about Hira's goal to acquire magic. He had said that he needed 20 INT to get any type of magic. Of course he did. He then went on to talk about how the Knowledge or Crafting talent, when maxed out above Rank 8 will raise INT. Now Hira had no problem with trying to get 20 INT, but he didn't have a Knowledge or Crafting talent. He'd need to find an Intelligence-based talent to work on. He was sure that the Knowledge talent wouldn't be very hard to acquire.

Rei spoke about the others, but Hira didn't pay much attention to what he had said to them. Rei spoke about books and how they should read them instead of destroying the book, which Hira thought made sense. Why lose money on a book when you could just read it? Hira thought he could read well enough, so he was hoping he could unlock Aqua Magic as soon as he could. However, that might mean that he'd have to sacrifice some of the AP that should go into the stats he needs to make 10. He had two stats that were fewer than 10. Luck, Dexterity, and Agility. He didn't much care for Luck, so he didn't intend to raise that one anyway. Dexterity was the stat that was based off of his Hammer Use score, so he'd try to raise that one as much as possible. Agility was the one stat that he didn't care much for. He didn't have much use for it, since he mostly parried attacks. However, he could understand the importance of Agility. If it came to a battle where he couldn't parry an attack, then he'd have to rely on dodging. But, for now, he'd leave Agility alone. If it meant that he got to get magic, then he'd have to sacrifice that for now.

Rei makes sure to reiterate that they actually read the books, rather than destroying the book and obtaining the talent. Maybe there'd be some extra benefits to reading the Aqua Magic book. He was hoping that he could get a healing spell decently quickly. The packet said that they were hard to obtain, but he had faith that the Aqua spirits would honor him.

"Rei, am I just gonna have to put AP into my Intelligence since I've got no Knowledge or Crafting talent? I mean, I could always obtain the talent, but I'm afraid that it might take too long to max out."

He then makes a comment to Soren. "Thanks for the grenade. I hope that your shield works as well as I think it will."

Level 49. So even at that high of a level, the Gamer ability was still able to clearly identify how powerful they were. Which meant that those people were beyond even that. A 'plasma' wizard, thus an individual with a defined specialization, as well as a 'detective', someone who's calling card was no doubt going to be useful once Rin secured a good method of making money.

On the other hand though, what on earth possessed Tae to call him Marky? The sword girl shot him a quizzical glance, wondering if what she saw as 'disrespect' was 'friendliness' for him.

Before she could delve further into the sheer absurdity of making up cutesy nicknames for level 49 gods of destruction though, Soren let out a comment that turned her small smile into a smirk. He spent his own week living normally? Training mechanics and engineering? Making grenades and a shield? Soren really wasn't meant for the Abyss then, and though a part of Rin wished to show him the difference between their abilities, about how it was not merely ego that caused her to say such things…

It wasn't necessary for now. There was some merit to his own progress, after all. If Soren planned on crafting constantly, that may become a good source of income for him. He may be useful, if the Abyss Auction remained out of her personal grasp. Or she could work on furthering her relationship with Mai Xing instead, who looked to be further along. After all, she was already a Materia 'magician' or whatever. All things to consider, in the end.

Aiko asked a question that made sense, adding yet another layer of information to be considered in Rin's foray into the Abyss, but the more Rei got into it, the clearer it became that it wasn't THAT big of a problem. So guns were only useful up to a certain point, after which they became prohibitively expensive.

Good.

"Show us the Imps and Zombies, Rei," Rin said, "It's about time we expanded our menagerie."

Majima took the book and put it in his inventory, and heard the others speak, quite the menagerie of people here, and he continued to look over his status window. With everyone here he thought to ask "So if we all work together, do we get experience boosts or anything of that nature...I mean in certain mmos it did that right?" He turned back towards Rei and gave a side eye to Rin, for her overzealous boast, before looking back over to Rei.

However his look and demeanor changed after Rin's declaration, he always tried to have a suave, swanky stance, look, and attitude about him, but shameless boasting pissed him off, he knew she was more combat ready then the rest...well except white top maybe, but trying to claim strongest when she didn't know anybody else was just pitiable. Majima hears her talk about showing them better shit to kill but he can't let the boast go, he tried holding his tongue but decides not to. So he turns fully to her and shrugs and chuckles to her " Guys who make announcements like that are normally the weakest of the group, and sometimes need to be put back in their place. I've seen it happen enough times to not talk shit to other people but step outta line and I'll do what i haven't had to do yet in my business."

He crosses his arms and turns sideways away from her looking over at Tae Min and chuckles, this one was more friendly comparatively " Ya know you keep giving people nicknames they might try to beat ya down buddy." He says with a half smile on his face.

Tae Min quirked an eyebrow at the items Soren had brought out of his inventory. A sheild and some grenades, huh? Not something he expected someone of their age to know how to make, but still undeniably useful. I wonder what else he can make, he thought as he eyed Soren's creations curiously. A loose idea was strung in his mind that he decided to save for later.

After that, Tae Min poked one ear into the conversation to loosely listen in, but turned his attention elsewhere. He opened up stats and began to dish out the pile of AP. Though Rei had recommended that they bring all their stats up to at least 10... It couldn't hurt to shave a little creme off the top now, would it?

Once Tae Min was finished, he looked back up just in time to catch some more saucy tension about Rin's previous declaration. Like Soren, Majima wasn't about to let Rin's comment slide, it seemed. Somehow, I don't really see all of us gluing into a team, Tae Min thought calmly.

Between Rin's competitiveness, Rei's coldness, and the forward attitudes of all the other gamers, the only thing that really held anyone together appeared to be the benefit of numbers.

It couldn't hurt to try making some friends where I can, though.

"Guilty as charged, Mr. Realtor," Tae Min replied with a cheeky smile. "Though, I do agree with geom girl. Training right now could probably do all of us some good."

So I just need to keep at it, and being critical in my work and eventually an appraisal skill should appear? Well, that wasn't what I was hoping to hear, but if nothing else can be done, I won't push the matter. Though it does mean I am wasting my time being here.

Aiko's comment, and the conversation that followed, caused a glimmer in Soren's eyes, and caused his desire to just have his books and time to work alone, to be even stronger. "Magi-Tech." He muttered the words, the idea sounding so far fetched from his previous life, but the one he was stepping into, it sounded like the goal, the dream. Maybe it isn't all a waste of time?

Ideas flared in his mind, new concepts for armour, for weapons. The idea of browsing the abyss auction, and seeing the ideas that the others had come up with, the works of art, their livelihood, their passion. Soren needed to see it, he needed to emulate it, he needed to surpass it.

Truly, I should be able to make better items than all of them down the road. I imagine, I am barely touching the tip of the Gamer's potential concerning crafting. As most games have an auto craft system, and aren't very realistic, I should be able to make things that defy logic down eventually. No to mention that there are certain objects that we might not be penalized for using, but can reap all the rewards from.

"They will work well. I made them, with your help." Soren put his other grenade and shield back into his inventory. "And if you want a crafting skill, you are more than welcome to help me. It will speed up the process a bunch, or you could always try to get in with a slightly different department of your work, you could then get training at work as well?" Soren offered kindly.

When Majima spoke against Rin also, Soren grinned, I like him. We might be able to get along.

"I'd rather be building than fighting at the moment. Though, not like monster mobs take long, and with the cool down on it, the only way to really grind monsters is to be in a groups this size. Unless you know of a better way to lower its cool down Rei?"

In the end, more comments happened, as did a fight. Which Rei just watched, taking into consideration a few things as he watched Rin and Majima go at it. Once the Duels were done, and all HP is healed through just Regeneration, Rei looks to Soren.

"I haven't really discovered a manual way to lower the Cooldown, other than just having higher Wisdom or Focus, and just leveling the Pseudospace Skill. Remember" he looks at all of them, "We are all at the beginning. Being impatient and trying to rush will only lead to mistakes. After all, once you waste time or spend points you didn't mean to spend, there is no going back. Our power may have potential, but our two main resources are limited."

Rei raises his hand up now. "Anyway, lets get sta--"

Gritting his teeth, Rei's hand glows as those hetero-chromatic hues narrow.

With a burst of focus and a loud exhale Rei thrusts his palm upward, the space above them that began to shimmer being quieted down, and now he quickly draws his sword and shield.

"Dammit, we are being invaded. ID Escape!"

Rei attempts to break the ID, but to no avail. He is quickly overpowered, and the sky above warps and changes. Still, the group had a couple of seconds to at least get ready so they wouldn't be surprised by the sudden appearance of five goblinoid creatures surrounding them.

Toughened Young Goblins Lv 7

The Young Goblins from before, the ones Majima, Tae, and Hira fought. A key difference, though was that these seemed a slight bit more musuclar, had some sharper, cleaner blades, and looked to have actual leather armor instead of the rags they wore before.

One of them speaks up.

"Gob Father told us to send stupid Gam-Ers his regards, and to repay debt with their human lives!"

"And they have been training so hard, all for the sake of killing you, aren't they such interesting creatures?"

Five yards away outside of the circle of goblins is a man with long black hair. He is wearing a black suit, some thick goggles, and a black hat to match, the rather thin man has a large smile on his pale face.

"So do me a favor and try not to die too quickly, ok?"

And with this, he moves further away. Or more accurately, he takes one step away, and appears immediately ten yards further away instead, having somehow moved five yards with just a singular step, as if the space glitched around him with static to do this.

The Walker
???
kauosaK oEdhn Lv 5

Rei, deciding to play more defensively since they are surrounded, puts up his shield and readies himself for any oncoming attacks.

As she pulled her armor over her body, preparing to face off against a new set of monsters, a flurry of events found the Gamers surrounded by Goblins instead, while a mysterious figure, no doubt their patron, made it clear that Rei's theory was correct.

How annoying.

With seven of these ugly, muscled freaks loosely surrounding them, Rin made a quick decision. There was no way in hell that being surrounded and remaining surrounded was a good thing. Their focus should be on breaking out, not just settling for staying in one place, guarding constantly. In a situation where one was outnumbered, being surrounded and handing over the initiative to the enemy was the worst thing they could do. Hesitation was death on the battlefield, even if this battlefield was one of numbers and stats instead of steel and blood.

"Aiko, my back," was all Rin said, before she lunged forward, engaging the Goblinoid closest to her. They had fought together long enough now, that those words held much more meaning for the two.

Bringing her sword upwards, she swung down with a "Kote!", the steel katana carving into leathery flesh, biting bone. It was a satisfying strike, but despite that, he maintained his grip on the dagger, a savage grunt sounding from the effort. Only 28 damage. These monstrosities were tough. Competent. Perhaps more dangerous than some of the Gamers. But…

They could win.

Rin kneeled, taking a strike to her shoulder as the monster seized that opportunity to strike, 11 points of damage searing into her body as she grimaced. It snarled, glad to exact vengeance, but that didn't matter to her. As long as he was focused on her, he wouldn't see Aiko coming.

"One at a time!" The sword girl called out. "Break the encirclement!"

83e158adfb7412ca16b959d6c586d25a.png

Hira was ready to do whatever Rei wanted to do as the others spoke about their respective subjects. Rei commented that they were only at the beginning levels of their power and if they tried to rush things, it could result in very dire consequences. Hira could understand why this was important. If you tried beating a boss in a game when you were too weak, you'd be easily beaten. In this game, being defeated was not an option, unless you wanted to lose your life.

Suddenly, Rei said that they were being invaded. How was that even possible? Was it possible to jack someone else's pseudospace? If that was the case, that's super uncool. If you wanted to be all private and didn't want to be interrupted by anyone, then somebody just barged in, that's just rude and disrespectful. As the figured who hijacked their pseudospace came into view, he realized they were surrounded by a group of goblins. But this was his expertise in games. Group combat was his strength, especially when it could look like they'd lose.

"Aww~ A poor level 5 summoning goblins to do his dirty work? We'll make sure to make quick work of these, you wimp." Hira was sure that enraging the enemy would make him use his full potential. If this was all he could do, then it'd be easy to take him out. He was hoping that Rei would offer some support for the goblins, but someone needed to keep an eye on this person with 'The Walker' title. He also noticed that his name was an anagram of some sort. He reformed the letters into something he could write down later when he could remember. The first name was Kousaka, although that might be wrong. Second name, Endoh. Now that he had established the letters from the name in his mind, he decided to head into battle with Rin. She was smart to have Aiko and her attack the same goblin. Taking out enemies one at a time was a more efficient strategy, since it left fewer attacks to be taken as you moved through the group of enemies. If everyone split up, they'd take a lot of hits and there would be little chance of survival.

Hira moved toward the goblin that Rin was attacking and raised his hammer, ready to strike with the piercing side. It inflicted more damage overall and was more likely to be effective against a fleshy goblin. Maybe the goblin would even take a wound from it, which would help defeat them a lot faster. He swung down and dug the pointed end of his hammer into the Goblin, dealing 27 damage. He smirked as he readied himself to move onto the next Goblin. He was sure that one was dead, being dealt a total of 55 damage from him and Rin. If the goblin persisted to stay alive, he was sure that it had some sort of broken amount of health. But he knew that its health was above 55 because it stayed up after he hit it. "Aiko, finish it and then we move onto the next Goblin!"

"Gob Father? Seriously? Please tell me I'm not the only one thinking of the God Father right now." Soren spoke as he nonchalantly lobbed a grenade in the direction of two of the goblins, hoping to catch them both in the blast. It was a good time to test how effective his current grenades would be. Though he would never admit it to the others, unless they killed both of them in the first shot, then he would brag about it.

Sadly though, there would be no bragging tonight.

The goblins seemed to predict that he was tossing an explosive in their direction and managed to dodge the blast. Something he wasn't expecting, but it did present him with a perfect opportunity to attack the goblin that jumped a tad to far to remove itself from harms path.

I'll bash him with my shield! Soren acted quickly, planning on putting his shield also to the test, as he would hope to slam it into the ugly green man. Misjudging the distance though, Soren slammed the ground, a small puff of dirt coming up from the ground. Soren's eyes locked with the intended target.

"Sptoooy!" Soren spat on the goblin, right between its beady eyes.

An invasion. One moment, they were all talking about prospective powers, and the next they were being forced to put what they had to the test. Tae Min drew his rapier at the ready and readied himself for battle, feet poised and eyes expectant.

To his pleasant surprise, the enemy was rather familiar.

And right when we were readying to step things up. Isn't that perfect?

At Soren's comment, Tae Min unabashedly began to hum a snippet of the Godfather theme. Perhaps more pleasant than the reference and the Goblin reunion, however, was the mysterious Walker. Besides their amalgamation of traits - peculiar dress, peculiar name scramble, peculiar knowledge of the goblins - they also seemed to possess a certain ability that Tae Min wanted.

How wonderfully peculiar, indeed.

But for the moment, he need to focus on actually surviving before his hopeful pestering.

Rin dove in first, making a swift strike, followed up by Hira with his hammer. The two called up on Aiko to cover next, to bring the leathery beast down.

Tae Min's golden brown eyes landed on goblims opposite to the one the other gamers were fighting. An opportune place to push back the circle from closing in on all of them. Soren seemed to think the same, as he moved in before Tae Min to chuck one of his grenades at the line. And though the targets dodged and Soren's attempt at a shield bash failed, one goblin was now a few mere feet away. Brownie points for a successful spit attack, to add.

Tae Min breathed in and grinned, "Well hi there tough guy." He swiftly raised his hand and called out, "Hemiola!"

The blue wave of mana hit the goblin for 12 damage. Which, Tae Min also noted, now had a convenient health bar over it's head. A novel addition from using observe, he deduced. "48 health left on this one!" he called out.

Bah, this shit already, Can't they bother us some other time. The eldest Gamer thought angrily to himself as he gave an audible growl of annoyance. "I'm gonna take my frustrations out on your whole damn family now ya little assclowns." He says smirking and pulling his knife out of his inventory he charges for the Goblin Tae Min attacked, moving in he goes to drive his blade into the beast's chest.

A chuckle escaped Aiko's lips at the sudden development that happened before her. Her lips curling upwards to display an excited, joyful, smile.

The odds were against them.
Surrounded.
Out-numbered.
Out-leveled.

Accepting the goblin-quest of the others solely out of self-interest, Aiko now pulled her two knives.

"Aiko, my back,"
"Aiko, finish it and then we move onto the next Goblin!"

The Stage was set.
The killing could begin.

Having been working together with Rin for the past week the crimson-eyed girl didn't lose a beat as she charged forward. Using the broad, strong back of the other girl as leverage to soar upwards. A simple back-flip. Higher and higher.

With the tiny, green sheep unable to reach her Aiko, who was giving out a killing-intent close to that of a blood-hound, shifted around to change her center of gravity before she soared downwards. Her only purpose was to kill.

9 Damage

Nothing impressive - a reminder she had yet much to learn - yet it was enough to finish off the already wounded Goblin.

Last edited: