The Gamer's Guild

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

WeepingLiberty

Original poster

How far are you willing to go in order to protect Utopia?

The world was once a lush paradise, filled with many fantastical creatures and magic. One such creature was the Human, a humanoid being of great intelligence capable of shepherding the world into a new age. That age, however, was not as the Creator had intended. Power hungry and selfish, human-kind began to destroy all the beauty around them in their attempts to claim the land they were placed in. Determined to save all her creations from each other and themselves, the Creator created an alternate plane for humans to exist on.

Over the centuries, Humans forgot about the fantastical world they had come from. Magic died out, fact became fiction, and fiction became a twisted myth. Human nature did not change, however, and it didn't take them all that long to begin killing the world the Creator had made. They had created a sickness upon the world, a sickness of technology that tore nature apart. Fearing for their lives and those in the forgotten realm, the Creator took one last measure to save creation.

~~~

Flashing forward to the human year 3015, the entire world is digital. It was during this transition that the Creator made herself known to the world, warning mankind that this was their last chance to make amends with the world. As part of her help, the Creator began selecting children that she saw great potential with and bestowed upon them a new kind of magic, one to fit with their new digital age. Resources are no longer an issue, war hasn't broken out in a few generations. For once in Human existence, peaceful coexistence with one another has been achieved. As a reward, the Creator began to tell stories of the other realm, a natural place with all of the other creations they had been separated from. Upon hearing of untapped riches, a band of greedy business men and ancient religion leaders got together with the intentions of "reclaiming" Paradise.

Sensing danger, the Creator hid herself amongst the humans in one of the smaller towns where she granted the last batch of children their access to magic. Keeping her head down, the Creator did her best to teach the kids the fundamentals of how to use their abilities as they grew up. She watched with great joy as these kids bonded together in the best of ways, forming their own little group known as the Gamer's Guild. This group was known to run around and cause mischief but their pranks were generally harmless and brought entertainment to the community they hailed from.

Everything was going wonderfully for them until one day, their patron Goddess disappeared without a trace. The only clue left behind was a small note begging for their help and one name; Astoria, the nation's old world capitol. With the fate of all creation in the balance, are they willing to do whatever it takes to save Utopia? Even if that means giving it up?

~~~

General Stuff:

Hey there, and thanks for taking the time to read this monstrosity. XD At one point in time I thought this idea was original, but I've now realized it is just a twisted mash-up consisting of Sword Art Online and The Chronicles of Narnia... Oh well! I thought this sounded cool so I'm presenting this interest check to you all.

I planned for this to basically be a "search and find" rescue mission type adventure. The evil men have kidnapped the Creator for their own evil plots, you/your characters have to stop them and save her.... But at what cost will this rescue come at? Guess you'll just have to find out. This also has the potential to continue on after this main plot, thus turning this into just an adventure/world creation kind of thing, however details on that will have to wait until a later date.

Magic:

Illusionist: {ClaireRae}?

By manipulating the color and placement of pixels, the user of this magic is able to change the way the world appears to others. This could be something as simple as a wall to hide behind to something as complex as "becoming" another person. All of these require having certain details memorized in order to make it work. The more details the harder it is to maintain. The image is broken if physically disrupted by touch, or interrupted concentration.

Pros: Great against human opponents and visual security cameras.

Cons: Not so good against bots that see the world through code.

Coder: {EddiEddi}?

This user can not only read the world in terms of code, but can actually manipulate the code for various effects. Able to re-write an already established code, this magic user can change the physical properties of the objects around them. Additionally, they are able to inject corrupt code in order to disrupt the function of particular objects or similarly change the function all together. This ability can neither create nor completely destroy objects, it must use preexisting code.

Pros: Great for detection and defense against all things digital.

Cons: Much slower "casting" and can't be used on an actual person.

Wormhole: {Open}

Similar to the Coder, this person can manipulate the code of the world around them... But in a unique sort of way. They are unable to change the coding, but instead are able to create gaps big enough for people to walk through. Have a room with no door? Not a problem, this guy can get you out. The more fluid an object is, however, the more difficult it is to create an opening.

Pros: Very handy at getting one in an out of places they aren't supposed to be.

Cons: Can only open 2 holes at a time with a maximum length of 1 minute.

Blackout: {Open}

If you're a digi-magic user watch out because this person is your worst nightmare. If used correctly, this ability can nullify an area of its connection with the digital world. The area of effect won't be very large but it can span to for about a 30ft radius... Additionally it can be used in a more precise fashion to render the security useless.

Pros: Super helpful against all things digi.

Cons: Effects are indiscriminant.

Tamer: {Censored69}?

This is your AI guy. Being as close to creation magic as these kids have got, the Tamer is the developer of AI. Only one can be brought forth at a time, but multiple are allowed. This magic is compatible with other types as well, for example "Coder" and the AI can team up together to inject codes from a distance.

Pros: Because the AI needs a physical tether for long term existence, it is not affected by "Blackout".

Cons: AI have their own personalities, and can in some cases be persuaded.

Detection:

Everyone has a sense of the world around them, meaning they could walk around with their eyes shut if they'd like. Their "sixth sense" is heightened above that of a normal person's.

Vehicle/Weapon Summoning:

It's a dangerous world out there, especially where these kids are headed. They'll need tools. Good thing the Creator left them with the ability to call forth one type of vehicle and a weapon of their choosing.

Shield/Force Field:

Cliché, I know... However, when the enemy has guns, this is very helpful. It won't hold forever but just long enough to find cover.

Communication:

This allows each of the team members to talk to each other. It's a mind link of sorts that allows them to hear each other as if they were speaking in the same room... Even if blocks apart.

Standard Iwaku Rules apply.

This OOC is still a work in progress so it'll be updated as I go.

Special Rule #1:

Just one character per person right now.

giphy.gif

newcreate.php

★ B A S I C S ★

Name
Lisette Newell

★ P E R S O N A L I T Y ★

Positive Traits
Courageous, Confident, Charismatic, Loyal, (Sympathetic)*, (Generous)*

*She often doesn't show these traits, in fear that it will make her look weak

Negative Traits

Boastful, Dishonest, Sarcastic

Motivation
Worldwide recognition

Desire
To be viewed for what she is deep down inside, and not
what she appears to be on the outside

Biggest Fear
Despite being tough and brave, Lisette’s biggest fear is being injured or hurt.
She tricks her mind into ignoring the possibility of getting injured in a scary situation, but when she is hurt
in any way she panics, sometimes passing out if she finds herself bleeding.

Hobbies
Looking at her reflection, collecting gemstones, drawing,
and studying the stars at night

Gemstones, flowers, fashion, strawberries,
stars, and classical music

Dislikes
Quiet people, shy people, cruel people, blood, pain,
complete silence, and traitors

Talents
Cooking, drawing, and lying

★ P O W E R // W E A P O N ★

The Illusionist
By manipulating the color and placement of pixels, Lisette is able to change the way the world appears to others. This could be something as simple as a wall to hide behind to something as complex as "becoming" another person. All of these require having certain details memorized in order to make it work. The more details the harder it is to maintain. The image is broken if physically disrupted by touch, or interrupted concentration. While this works great against other humans and surveillance cameras, she is unable to trick bots, who see the world through code.

Weapon of Choice
A small dagger
Ol7CZWw.png

★ O T H E R ★

Pet Peeve
People who are extremely quiet or shy. She has a tendency to distrust them, as she
realizes they don’t often speak their thoughts, and she usually assumes
they’re not as sweet as they seem to be.

Biggest Secret
Sometimes she’ll spend her free time pretending she’s an idol, dancing to popular songs

Theme Song

@ClaireRae stealing your formating, because it looks awesome and I'm not in the mood to do my own. just finished a ~2500 word essay.​

f7175d919ee6d6da89e9512869494b8a.jpg

coollogo_com-126332833.png

͏۞ B A S I C S ͏۞

Name
Alexander Remnant

۞ P E R S O N A L I T Y ۞

Positive Traits
Warm hearted, Kind, Open to discussing things*, Seemingly unshakable

Negative Traits

Morbid, Easy to anger*, dark sense of humour, Cynical and Sarcastic

* These two are mutually exclusive, when he is angry he will rush in to a situation without regard for anything or anyone else.

Motivation
To understand the Code.

Desire

To become capable of not only rewriting existing things but creating his own systems.
Biggest Fear

To be lost, Not in a physical sense, but to lose sense of who he is and what he wants to do. It instils a feeling of total hopelessness within him and often causes him to collapse or outright break down.

Hobbies

Watching the code, Creating micro-errors,
Music of any kind, The code, Learning, Spending times with others, Listening to the world in silence.

Dislikes

Total Silence, Those who talk on with no reason to, People who seem or are self absorbed, Weakness in the form of unwillingness to do what needs to be done.
Talents
Hunting, Fire making, Picking up skills. Fishing,

͏۞ P O W E R // W E A P O N // V E H I C L E ͏۞

The Coder
This user can not only read the world in terms of code, but can actually manipulate the code for various effects. Able to re-write an already established code, this magic user can change the physical properties of the objects around them. Additionally, they are able to inject corrupt code in order to disrupt the function of particular objects or similarly change the function all together. This ability can neither create nor completely destroy objects, it must use preexisting code.

Weapon of Choice
A bastard Sword (can be used one handed or two handed) which can be used to fire balls of corrupt code.
Upon summoning it appears to be 'draw' (see right hand image)
Tw_Sword_K_0060_d.jpg

Vehicle

The Cypher
glider_20_by_alex_brady_tad-d7punpi.jpg

Internal Shot
Nissan-Land-Glider-Concept-7.jpg

͏۞ O T H E R ͏۞

Pet Peeve
Anyone who is insessently talking or bubbly. he often feels they are wasting effort and time.

Biggest Secret
He often cheats in games of chance by reading the code and using that to predict the best moves.

Theme Song

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: ClaireRae
@ClaireRae stealing your formating, because it looks awesome and I'm not in the mood to do my own. just finished a ~2500 word essay.​

͏۞ B A S I C S ͏۞

Name
Alexander Remnant

Positive Traits

Negative Traits

* These two are mutually exclusive, when he is angry he will rush in to a situation without regard for anything or anyone else.

Motivation
To understand the Code.

Desire

To become capable of not only rewriting existing things but creating his own systems.
Biggest Fear

To be lost, Not in a physical sense, but to lose sense of who he is and what he wants to do. It instils a feeling of total hopelessness within him and often causes him to collapse or outright break down.

Hobbies

Music of any kind, The code, Learning, Spending times with others, Listening to the world in silence.

Dislikes

Total Silence, Those who talk on with no reason to, People who seem or are self absorbed, Weakness in the form of unwillingness to do what needs to be done.
Talents

͏۞ P O W E R // W E A P O N ͏۞

The Illusionist

Weapon of Choice
A bastard Sword (can be used one handed or two handed) which can be used to fire balls of corrupt code.
Tw_Sword_K_0060_d.jpg

͏۞ O T H E R ͏۞

Pet Peeve
Anyone who is insessently talking or bubbly. he often feels they are wasting effort and time.

Biggest Secret
He often cheats in games of chance by reading the code and using that to predict the best moves.

Theme Song

Well, I'm quite flattered you liked more formatting so much! I took some inspiration from other's code. It's always fun to see the little changes others make to bits of code! I hope you don't mind me pointing out that you kept the Illusionist title for your power... You might wanna change that, as it's a bit confusing when you first glance at it. That being said, I'm loving that sword! I also like the way you've balanced his positive/negative traits. He seems really well rounded. I can't wait to see the picture you choose for him! :)

I just read we get a vehicle. BEHOLD THE CYPHER.

yes, Its a fucking plane. well not quite, its better described as a high speed skimmer,
inside shot for those who want;

now I have to find a good image for the guy crazy enough to pilot that shit.

Well, I'm quite flattered you liked more formatting so much! I took some inspiration from other's code. It's always fun to see the little changes others make to bits of code! I hope you don't mind me pointing out that you kept the Illusionist title for your power... You might wanna change that, as it's a bit confusing when you first glance at it. That being said, I'm loving that sword! I also like the way you've balanced his positive/negative traits. He seems really well rounded. I can't wait to see the picture you choose for him! :)
Fixed, Put in a name caption and a image. also, the sword is from...well it has the source name on it!

I just read we get a vehicle. BEHOLD THE CYPHER.

yes, Its a fucking plane. well not quite, its better described as a high speed skimmer,
inside shot for those who want;

now I have to find a good image for the guy crazy enough to pilot that shit.

Nice work around the no flight magic thing. XD I like it. Just beware... I'm giving it a height limit (just not sure what that limit is yet...) that it can reach before "stalling" and de-rezzing.

giphy.gif

newcreate.php

★ B A S I C S ★

Name
Lisette Newell

★ P E R S O N A L I T Y ★

Positive Traits
Courageous, Confident, Charismatic, Loyal, (Sympathetic)*, (Generous)*

*She often doesn't show these traits, in fear that it will make her look weak

Negative Traits

Boastful, Dishonest, Sarcastic

Motivation
Worldwide recognition

Desire
To be viewed for what she is deep down inside, and not
what she appears to be on the outside

Biggest Fear
Despite being tough and brave, Lisette’s biggest fear is being injured or hurt.
She tricks her mind into ignoring the possibility of getting injured in a scary situation, but when she is hurt
in any way she panics, sometimes passing out if she finds herself bleeding.

Hobbies
Looking at her reflection, collecting gemstones, drawing,
and studying the stars at night

Gemstones, flowers, fashion, strawberries,
stars, and classical music

Dislikes
Quiet people, shy people, cruel people, blood, pain,
complete silence, and traitors

Talents
Cooking, drawing, and lying

★ P O W E R // W E A P O N ★

The Illusionist
By manipulating the color and placement of pixels, Lisette is able to change the way the world appears to others. This could be something as simple as a wall to hide behind to something as complex as "becoming" another person. All of these require having certain details memorized in order to make it work. The more details the harder it is to maintain. The image is broken if physically disrupted by touch, or interrupted concentration. While this works great against other humans and surveillance cameras, she is unable to trick bots, who see the world through code.

Weapon of Choice
A small dagger
Ol7CZWw.png

★ O T H E R ★

Pet Peeve
People who are extremely quiet or shy. She has a tendency to distrust them, as she
realizes they don’t often speak their thoughts, and she usually assumes
they’re not as sweet as they seem to be.

Biggest Secret
Sometimes she’ll spend her free time pretending she’s an idol, dancing to popular songs

Theme Song

f7175d919ee6d6da89e9512869494b8a.jpg

coollogo_com-126332833.png

͏۞ B A S I C S ͏۞

Name
Alexander Remnant

Positive Traits

Negative Traits

Motivation
To understand the Code.

Desire

Biggest Fear

Hobbies

Dislikes

Talents

͏۞ P O W E R // W E A P O N // V E H I C L E ͏۞

The Coder

Weapon of Choice
Tw_Sword_K_0060_d.jpg

Vehicle

The Cypher

Internal Shot

͏۞ O T H E R ͏۞

Pet Peeve

Biggest Secret

Theme Song

I do like the formatting for that. Nice and neat. ^.^ They both look pretty good. I'll let you know if something comes to mind that needs to be added or changed, but as of right now, they're both accepted as participating characters.

Its not ment to go high, Its more ment to go low and at high speed, so maybe somewhere between 50-100 meters on a day to day basis, 200m at its max.

Its not ment to go high, Its more ment to go low and at high speed, so maybe somewhere between 50-100 meters on a day to day basis, 200m at its max.

Okie dokes. Sounds good to me.

Didn't know this was up. I'll work on my cs after work.

Sorry. I'm just having trouble finding free time at the moment due to the upcoming holiday season. I'll get a CS up sometime soon.

09e1ac909312d18b773905bab0bfb4e5-d2zmjft-1.jpg

Name - Andrew "A.C." Carter

Age - 18

Gender - Male
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Positive Traits - outside thinker, problem solver, awesome

Negative Traits - won't let things go, uneasy, nervous.

Motivation - The Truth

Desire- He wants to know the real truth behind the world

Biggest Fear- That he is just Data and doesn't exist

Hobbies- reading, writing his conspiracy theories, and riding his hoverboard

Likes- sweets, internet, comrades, speed.

Dislikes- sour stuff, the unknown, going slow

Talents- finding information,
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Power- Blackout

Weapon
cool-concept-futuristic-medieval-and-fantasy-weapons-1dut.com-39.jpg

Vehicle
13454_5.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pet Peeve- when no one listens to his rants

Biggest Secret- he has already committed himself to finding the truth. no matter who he has to side with

Theme Song-

Last edited:
I am rather interested in this Roleplay...But I was hoping to find a bit more information on the Tamer; What is the extent of an AI's capabilities?

My apologies; just noticed, this is invite only. I will take my leave. Have a good day, and sorry for the mistake.

I really hate the holidays... Okay, back to work Libby.

I'm afraid I'll be withdrawing myself from this RP. Sorry @WeepingLiberty

I'm sorry to hear that, hopefully I'll see you around in another RP.

I am rather interested in this Roleplay...But I was hoping to find a bit more information on the Tamer; What is the extent of an AI's capabilities?

My apologies; just noticed, this is invite only. I will take my leave. Have a good day, and sorry for the mistake.

Not a problem, questions like that are always helpful even when from outside sources. In response to the question, I will be adding some more information about the abilities and the limits of the AI shortly... However, in the meantime, if you are still interested in the idea it appears as if we have an opening. Feel free to make a CS if you'd like.

Great! Consider A.C. accepted. ^.^

Reactions: Kurogane86
Status
Not open for further replies.