The Gamers (Based on The Gamer) (OOC/Signup)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to assume that Haruka has dropped out, so we have another spot open now -_-

As long as there's room for one more, I'd like to join. If Haruka ends up wanting her spot after all, she's completely welcome to it; I haven't even started building a character yet, just an idea for one. :) Just wanted to mention my interest.

Also, thanks for linking that manwha, I'm enjoying it so far!

Go ahead and join. (Technically we have two spots open since one person said they wanted to join, but hasn't been seen since).

So you can have that missing person's spot if Haruka does want her spot back (since that other person hasn't posted a CS yet).

So yea, make your CS and go ahead and join on up ^^

Ill wait for Ominal to post.

Apologies for the long character sheet! I trimmed it and it's still 2 pages long, I'm not entirely sure how it happened... -_-
If you see anything that could be fixed/improved/clarified, let me know.

Name: Yuriko Shimizu

Appearance:
ZsWn0FZ.png
Much to her dismay, Yuriko's height tops out at a meager 158cm, with a small build to match. An active background has given her muscles tone without bulk. Her facial features make her look a bit younger than her actual age - mostly due to a pair of wide blue eyes that shout her emotions for all to see. A warm smile, casual but non-baggy clothes, and a relaxed stance round out her usual "friendly girl next door" look. When she chooses to dress up, she can turn heads, but it's rare that she does so. Though normally worn up in a ponytail, her hair is rather long, reaching past her shoulders when released...yet somehow she can still stuff it all into a hat or hoodie when needed, long as she has enough time.

Personality: Yuriko is a determined little optimist first and foremost. She understands logically that the world is harsh, but she can't let go of the belief that most people want to be good and happy endings aren't impossible. Easily motivated to help her friends and family, she'll stick by them unless obviously betrayed in some way. Extroverted and friendly; the type who will chat with total strangers gladly. (Except on public transportation, because people apparently find that weird or something. Go figure!) Her openness to others is matched by her curiosity. She leaps before she looks, then gets into trouble, only to look back at it as a fun story once it's over. Yuri loves the simple things in life: good friends, tasty food, music and dancing, children, animals, and just seeing people smile. "What makes you happy? If it doesn't hurt anyone...go do it!" is probably her motto.

Under the boisterous and carefree attitude is a strong desire to be accepted and understood. She'll tone down her usual antics if it seems like she's alienating people or making them uncomfortable. Her instinct is to put effort into "earning" the regard of people she wants to know, but an idle comment about 'people who try too hard' is enough to stop her in her tracks. She tells others to express themselves freely, but will sometimes bottle her emotions because she's convinced herself they're wrong. In time, she snaps and all she's been hiding spills out all at once, followed by guilt for the fact that she voiced those feelings in the first place. She's been made aware of the contradiction between what she says and how she lives previously, but she tries not to think about what it says about her views...

History: Yuriko grew up in a small apartment alongside her father, Hiroki Shimizu. She only has blurry memories of her mother, Ayane, who disappeared under odd circumstances when Yuri was barely 3 years old. Her father's job required regular travel at the time; when he had to leave, Yuri was left with her maternal aunt and uncle. Just before she entered the 4th grade, her father got a promotion that allowed him to travel less, so they went back to living together full-time. Considering their history, the two are close these days - thanks to Yuriko's curiosity and her father's enthusiasm towards sharing his knowledge.

By junior high, her father trusted her to stay home alone for short periods and overnight. Before he allowed it, however, she just had to meet his requirements: learning self-defense skills, then basic firearm safety and usage...just in case, he said. ("Dad, we live on the 6th floor! Who's going to get in, a bird?" she would whine, only to give in later.) He was already satisfied by her cooking ability and understanding of basic first aid. The former was even her idea; she started off learning from her uncle (because her father was and is a horrible cook) then expanded the skill. Since the first time she made cookies for a friend's birthday, she's loved to make food and give it to others, so she's never stopped.

Her social butterfly tenancies showed from an early age too. If there was a group activity to do, Yuri wanted to join it. In junior high, she was on the swim team. In high school, she got talked into becoming a cheerleader. In comparison, she always struggled with getting good grades. As the end of high school neared, Yuri saw her friends all looking forward to their futures. She didn't, and it worried her. Soon she began throwing herself into more activities so there wasn't time to dwell on it. Barely awake on her feet one night a few weeks later, she tripped and fell down the stairs on her way home; the resulting injuries kept her in bed for a week. This period was when she first tried out an MMORPG. It started as a way to keep from getting bored and lonely, but soon she was hooked, making parties and friends, reading and posting on forums, staying up late to surprise lower-level guildmates with free gear. Despite never thinking of herself as a "gamer" she definitely had a new hobby. (Granted, she had always played RPGs and story-driven games, so perhaps she had been a gamer without noticing it?)

With a lot of tutoring and a fair amount of luck, she made it to graduation in one piece. Her grades were nothing to brag about, though, and she decided to get a better idea of what she wanted to do before trying to enter a college. After she was hired at a local restaurant/bakery, she saved up enough to move into her own apartment (shared with an old friend from school) and has been there since. When she's not at work, she's hanging out with people from the nearby college campus or catching up with her online friends.

LV: 1

Current EXP: 0

Epic Points: 3

STR: 5
VIT: 5
DEX: 6
INT: 4
WIS: 3
LUK: 4

HP: (Ill calculate these two)
MP:

(21 points)

Acrobatics (DEX): 3

Appraisal (INT): 2

Climbing (STR): 1

Crafting (INT): 3

First Aid (INT): 2

Fisticuffs (DEX): 1

Focus (WIS): 1

Knowledge (INT): 1

Manipulate Device (DEX): 0

Melee Weaponry (DEX): 1

Negotiation (INT): 1

Observation (INT): 2

Projectile Weaponry (DEX): 1

Sleight of Hand (DEX): 0

Stealth (DEX): 1

Thrown Weapons (DEX): 1

The Gamer (MAX LV) (Passive): You possess the Mind of a Gamer. +1 INT, +1 DEX. Immune to all Psychological Affects. Able to analyze things in the same way a gamer could.

Game Character's Body (MAX LV) (Passive): You possess a body that lets you live like a Game Character in the real world.

Nothing yet?

Looks great, Ill see what bonuses I can give your chara from it. More detail is better if you ask me.

So yea, you are accepted.

Once I do repost your chara sheet with the new bonuses on it I want you to PM me what your character is going to be doing for the first two days. Make it short and sweet, like is she going to investigate the floating text above people's heads and this Gamer thing, ignore it and live her ordinary life? Just make it short, sweet, and to the point and cause I will be using rolls to determine what happens to your character over these two first days in the PM.

Name: Yuriko Shimizu

Appearance:
ZsWn0FZ.png
Much to her dismay, Yuriko's height tops out at a meager 158cm, with a small build to match. An active background has given her muscles tone without bulk. Her facial features make her look a bit younger than her actual age - mostly due to a pair of wide blue eyes that shout her emotions for all to see. A warm smile, casual but non-baggy clothes, and a relaxed stance round out her usual "friendly girl next door" look. When she chooses to dress up, she can turn heads, but it's rare that she does so. Though normally worn up in a ponytail, her hair is rather long, reaching past her shoulders when released...yet somehow she can still stuff it all into a hat or hoodie when needed, long as she has enough time.

Personality: Yuriko is a determined little optimist first and foremost. She understands logically that the world is harsh, but she can't let go of the belief that most people want to be good and happy endings aren't impossible. Easily motivated to help her friends and family, she'll stick by them unless obviously betrayed in some way. Extroverted and friendly; the type who will chat with total strangers gladly. (Except on public transportation, because people apparently find that weird or something. Go figure!) Her openness to others is matched by her curiosity. She leaps before she looks, then gets into trouble, only to look back at it as a fun story once it's over. Yuri loves the simple things in life: good friends, tasty food, music and dancing, children, animals, and just seeing people smile. "What makes you happy? If it doesn't hurt anyone...go do it!" is probably her motto.

Under the boisterous and carefree attitude is a strong desire to be accepted and understood. She'll tone down her usual antics if it seems like she's alienating people or making them uncomfortable. Her instinct is to put effort into "earning" the regard of people she wants to know, but an idle comment about 'people who try too hard' is enough to stop her in her tracks. She tells others to express themselves freely, but will sometimes bottle her emotions because she's convinced herself they're wrong. In time, she snaps and all she's been hiding spills out all at once, followed by guilt for the fact that she voiced those feelings in the first place. She's been made aware of the contradiction between what she says and how she lives previously, but she tries not to think about what it says about her views...

History: Yuriko grew up in a small apartment alongside her father, Hiroki Shimizu. She only has blurry memories of her mother, Ayane, who disappeared under odd circumstances when Yuri was barely 3 years old. Her father's job required regular travel at the time; when he had to leave, Yuri was left with her maternal aunt and uncle. Just before she entered the 4th grade, her father got a promotion that allowed him to travel less, so they went back to living together full-time. Considering their history, the two are close these days - thanks to Yuriko's curiosity and her father's enthusiasm towards sharing his knowledge.

By junior high, her father trusted her to stay home alone for short periods and overnight. Before he allowed it, however, she just had to meet his requirements: learning self-defense skills, then basic firearm safety and usage...just in case, he said. ("Dad, we live on the 6th floor! Who's going to get in, a bird?" she would whine, only to give in later.) He was already satisfied by her cooking ability and understanding of basic first aid. The former was even her idea; she started off learning from her uncle (because her father was and is a horrible cook) then expanded the skill. Since the first time she made cookies for a friend's birthday, she's loved to make food and give it to others, so she's never stopped.

Her social butterfly tenancies showed from an early age too. If there was a group activity to do, Yuri wanted to join it. In junior high, she was on the swim team. In high school, she got talked into becoming a cheerleader. In comparison, she always struggled with getting good grades. As the end of high school neared, Yuri saw her friends all looking forward to their futures. She didn't, and it worried her. Soon she began throwing herself into more activities so there wasn't time to dwell on it. Barely awake on her feet one night a few weeks later, she tripped and fell down the stairs on her way home; the resulting injuries kept her in bed for a week. This period was when she first tried out an MMORPG. It started as a way to keep from getting bored and lonely, but soon she was hooked, making parties and friends, reading and posting on forums, staying up late to surprise lower-level guildmates with free gear. Despite never thinking of herself as a "gamer" she definitely had a new hobby. (Granted, she had always played RPGs and story-driven games, so perhaps she had been a gamer without noticing it?)

With a lot of tutoring and a fair amount of luck, she made it to graduation in one piece. Her grades were nothing to brag about, though, and she decided to get a better idea of what she wanted to do before trying to enter a college. After she was hired at a local restaurant/bakery, she saved up enough to move into her own apartment (shared with an old friend from school) and has been there since. When she's not at work, she's hanging out with people from the nearby college campus or catching up with her online friends.

LV: 1

Current EXP: 5

Epic Points: 3

STR: 5
VIT: 5
DEX: 6
INT: 4
WIS: 3
LUK: 4

HP: 30
MP: 15

Resilience: 3
Concentration: 3

0/20 + 1 Points

Acrobatics (DEX): 3

Appraisal (INT): 2

Climbing (STR): 1

Crafting (INT): 3

First Aid (INT): 3

Fisticuffs (DEX): 2

Focus (WIS): 1

Knowledge (INT): 1

Manipulate Device (DEX): 0

Melee Weaponry (DEX): 2

Negotiation (INT): 1

Observation (INT): 2

Projectile Weaponry (DEX): 2

Sleight of Hand (DEX): 0

Stealth (DEX): 1

Thrown Weapons (DEX): 1

The Gamer (MAX LV) (Passive): You possess the Mind of a Gamer. +1 INT, +1 DEX. Immune to all Psychological Affects. Able to analyze things in the same way a gamer could.

Game Character's Body (MAX LV) (Passive): You possess a body that lets you live like a Game Character in the real world.

Self Defense Training (MAX LV) (Passive): You possess the all of the basics of self defense training and thus have a greater potential for learning techniques for combat. +1 Fisticuffs, +1 Melee Weaponry, +1 Projectile Weaponry.

First Aid (Level 1: 0/100 EXP) (Active: 1 MP): +1 First Aid. Requires and Uses up some form of First Aid Item. Heals an amount of HP equal to 1d8 + 20% of First Aid Score, uses up First Aid Item in the process. Takes 6 seconds to use. Open to attack if using it near enemies. Outside of Combat it heals 50% more if you take more time to use it. To Level Up: Treat someone. Treat someone in Critical Condition. Unknown Training Method.

Empty

30,000 ¥

Sort of time skipped there, sorry bout that.

Anyway, I posted.

Should I post now or wait for one more to post? I guess ill wait for one more to post probably...

I've got a post ready, so I can go ahead if you'd prefer. I'll just need to know at some point if everyone's characters are/were willing to make small talk with Yuriko. (just for later reference) I left it general enough where things could make sense either way, I hope.

Ah yea, sorry about the no small talk thing. Don't worry, there will be time for small talk after Saito explains why everyone is at this warehouse.

So yea, we get to fight zombies first, doesn't that sound like fun ^^

Also have space for one, maybe two more people (that is if Nova isn't with us). Still accepting recruits.

So yea, we get to fight zombies first, doesn't that sound like fun ^^
Looking forward to it! Smashing zombies is never a bad thing, as long as the RNG is kind.

As for new members, a banner could help...though I guess there's also potential for too many, since there's dice rolls to consider.

yea, that's why I am only allowing 5 players (six including me)

I'll do so shortly, was just waiting to see if Omnial would have a chance to post. But I've got a draft mostly done that I can post today, it's pretty open-ended anyways.

Alright. And yea Ominal seems busy right now, so for now we'll skip him.

Status
Not open for further replies.