The Gamers (Based on The Gamer) (OOC/Signup)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now we need two to three more peoples.

Hiya! ;)

Name: Ozwald Neid

Appearance: Has dyed his messy hair both light blue and green in order to match his shimmering Teal eyes. Oz stands at 6'0" He wears white jeans, which have a pair of black suspenders with a sky blue diamond pattern on them, hanging off of them. Wears a sky blue shirt and a black vest over that and tops it all off with a black fedora hat.

Personality: Oz is a happy person, a natural optimist he looks for the bright side of everything, and if he can't think of any, reverts to the mentioning how it could be worse, they could be on fire. He loves a good joke and to laugh, and will try to poke light heartedly at everything at any moment he considers to be even semi appropriate. Pretty excitable, and loves simple things, Like money and winning. He enjoys gambling, viewing it as a game that he gets paid for winning, and a challenge, which is another thing he will always rise up to.

History: Oz has a gambling problem...Well, he doesn't find it to be a problem, but he has been involved in betting, darts, and cards since he was in school playing poker using his lunch. He has found that lady luck has always looked highly on him, and looks highly on those willing to take a risk, which his parents were not too keen on. Such as when he blew his birthday money, or when he bought them a used car with gambling money for their anniversary. He has always entertained the idea of going into show business do to his views and personality. He worked hard enough during his school days to pass, but didn't qualify for any scholarships, as such, he made money for his secondary education the best way he knew how. However, his last group wasn't too happy when they lost to a kid, which caused such a big hassle so as to require his entire family to move out of that town. His family really does love him, but they tend to leave him on his own now and just hope that he will keep himself out of trouble and show up at the holidays. When he wasn't gambling, he was entertaining his other past time. Gaming on his computer or his handheld systems. He loved the idea of climbing ladders, ranking, and played every game he could find that had an auction house, seeing that as another type of game within the game to win. He has moved out of his parents since the move, agreeing that it would be for the best, he was able to afford a condo with the money he had won in his last game, and has it set up as his 'Supreme bachelor pad' With his own dart board, pool table, and roulette wheel. His private area has all of his video games and its equipment. He has had to refurbish it twice in the past due to losing a few bets, and is currently doing so again. Losing all but his mattress, cooking appliances and video games. He is just happy he didn't risk the condo itself, as he looks forward to the day it will be worth more than he bought it for. He is currently working part time as a waiter to make sure he always has some money to play with.

LV: 1
Current EXP: 0
Epic Points: 3
STR: 1
VIT: 1
DEX: 6(+1)
INT: 3(+1)
WIS: 3
LUK: 11
HP:
MP:
Acrobatics (DEX): 2
Appraisal (INT): 0
Climbing (STR): 0
Crafting (INT): 0
First Aid (INT): 0
Fisticuffs (DEX): 0
Focus (WIS): 3
Knowledge (INT): 0
Manipulate Device (DEX): 2
Melee Weaponry (DEX): 0
Negotiation (INT): 4
Observation (INT): 2
Projectile Weaponry (DEX): 0
Sleight of Hand (DEX): 2
Stealth (DEX): 2
Thrown Weapons (DEX): 4

The Gamer (MAX LV) (Passive): You possess the Mind of a Gamer. +1 INT, +1 DEX. Immune to all Psychological Affects. Able to analyze things in the same way a gamer could.
Game Character's Body (MAX LV) (Passive): You possess a body that lets you live like a Game Character in the real world.
3x Throwing darts, pack of cards, Lucky D6

I like it. A 'Gambler' Class character. Accepted.

Also welcome to Iwaku (cause I know its that link that brought you here, or so I assume)

Name: Ozwald Neid

Appearance: Has dyed his messy hair both light blue and green in order to match his shimmering Teal eyes. Oz stands at 6'0" He wears white jeans, which have a pair of black suspenders with a sky blue diamond pattern on them, hanging off of them. Wears a sky blue shirt and a black vest over that and tops it all off with a black fedora hat.

Personality: Oz is a happy person, a natural optimist he looks for the bright side of everything, and if he can't think of any, reverts to the mentioning how it could be worse, they could be on fire. He loves a good joke and to laugh, and will try to poke light heartedly at everything at any moment he considers to be even semi appropriate. Pretty excitable, and loves simple things, Like money and winning. He enjoys gambling, viewing it as a game that he gets paid for winning, and a challenge, which is another thing he will always rise up to.

History: Oz has a gambling problem...Well, he doesn't find it to be a problem, but he has been involved in betting, darts, and cards since he was in school playing poker using his lunch. He has found that lady luck has always looked highly on him, and looks highly on those willing to take a risk, which his parents were not too keen on. Such as when he blew his birthday money, or when he bought them a used car with gambling money for their anniversary. He has always entertained the idea of going into show business do to his views and personality. He worked hard enough during his school days to pass, but didn't qualify for any scholarships, as such, he made money for his secondary education the best way he knew how. However, his last group wasn't too happy when they lost to a kid, which caused such a big hassle so as to require his entire family to move out of that town. His family really does love him, but they tend to leave him on his own now and just hope that he will keep himself out of trouble and show up at the holidays. When he wasn't gambling, he was entertaining his other past time. Gaming on his computer or his handheld systems. He loved the idea of climbing ladders, ranking, and played every game he could find that had an auction house, seeing that as another type of game within the game to win. He has moved out of his parents since the move, agreeing that it would be for the best, he was able to afford a condo with the money he had won in his last game, and has it set up as his 'Supreme bachelor pad' With his own dart board, pool table, and roulette wheel. His private area has all of his video games and its equipment. He has had to refurbish it twice in the past due to losing a few bets, and is currently doing so again. Losing all but his mattress, cooking appliances and video games. He is just happy he didn't risk the condo itself, as he looks forward to the day it will be worth more than he bought it for. He is currently working part time as a waiter to make sure he always has some money to play with.

LV: 1

STR: 1
VIT: 1
DEX: 7
INT: 4
LUK: 13

HP: 14
MP: 15

Resilience: 2
Concentration: 3

Acrobatics (DEX): 2
Appraisal (INT): 0
Climbing (STR): 0
Crafting (INT): 0
First Aid (INT): 0
Fisticuffs (DEX): 0
Focus (WIS): 3
Knowledge (INT): 0
Manipulate Device (DEX): 2
Melee Weaponry (DEX): 0
Negotiation (INT): 4
Observation (INT): 2
Projectile Weaponry (DEX): 0
Sleight of Hand (DEX): 2
Stealth (DEX): 2
Thrown Weapons (DEX): 4

The Gamer (MAX LV) (Passive): You possess the Mind of a Gamer. +1 INT, +1 DEX. Immune to all Psychological Affects. Able to analyze things in the same way a gamer could.

Game Character's Body (MAX LV) (Passive): You possess a body that lets you live like a Game Character in the real world.

Betting It All on Lady Luck (MAX LV) (Active- 1/3 Max MP): +1 LUK. You literally leave everything up to chance, throwing away all skill or knowledge involved. On certain tasks you may instead use your Luck to solve the problem as you literally leave everything to chance instead of the Stat designed for that task. This has a risk though. Upon failure you suffer consequences worse than normal since you don't have your normal level of skill to fall back on. Note that this doesn't work for every task, like tasks that require alot of concentration or just pure knowledge.

Lucky Strike (Passive) (Level 1: 0/100 EXP): Lucky Strike (Passive) (Lv 1: 0/100 EXP): Ignore opponent Resistance whenever you deal a Lucky Strike. +1 LUK. Deal 5% additional Damage with a Lucky Strike. To level up, either deal a Lucky Strike or get hit by a Lucky Strike.

3x Throwing darts: Some shiny metal darts. While really meant for sport, these can also hurt when you throw them at living things, but probably not all that much as they seem a little blunt due to the fact that they are meant for the game of Darts. (Deal 1d8 Damage)

Pack of Cards: Just a standard pack of 52 playing cards. Great for passing the time.

Lucky d6: Its served you well before in many dice games. +5 on all LUK Rolls you make when using it in dice games.

Money: 30,000 ¥

1 or 2 more players should cover it. (I will have my own character as well, so if we don't get another player within a few days then we will go ahead and start with just 4, leaving it open for another one or two people to join).

I will reserve a character if I may. I will post my information later on. :)

Sure go ahead. Welcome aboard mate.

So after Nova gets his CS up (or perhaps in just a day and a half maybe) I will put the IC thread up.

Alright, gonna start the RP either tonight or tomorrow.

So i want all players to PM me a simple what they are doing for the first two days. At the start of the RP your characters will have had the power for 2 days, the RP starting on the third. So I need you all to PM me what your characters' basic plans on for the first two days.

this is a simple 'do you investigate what is happening' or a 'I ignore it and live my life' or something else along those lines that is short sweet and to the point. you PM me something for each of the two days.

I will then give you dice roll results of what happens during those two days (like a Luck roll or whatever roll could be applicable for living out your life or a INT roll if you do try to investigate the Gamer power).

Then after I put up the IC you will make your posts based upon what I PM you.

Name: Adam Bishop

Appearance: He is 6’1” with a Heavy Build and Heavily Toned Muscles

Anime-Guy-anime-guys-20980907-700-963.jpg

Personality: Assertive and outspoken - driven to lead. Excellent ability to understand difficult organizational problems and create solid solutions. Intelligent and well-informed, he excels at public speaking. He values power, knowledge and competence, and usually has little patience with inefficiency or disorganization. Often deemed as cold and apathetic towards certain people, he does not like people that annoy him or decide things for him.

History: Born in a ghetto suburban area in London, United Kingdom to two parents. Lives with them until the age of eighteen, at that age he is forced to either go to college or leave their house. He joins her Majesty’s Army immediately after he reaches the age of 18 and in another year he is accepted into her Majesty’s Special Air Service Regiment or SAS for short. In the next years they are shipped into several different operations and trained around the globe, the operations now ranging from special operations to counter terrorism and training from ancient martial arts to the simplest of parkour and freerunning. They have been trained in Krav Maga, Jujutsu, Sambo, Aikido, Judo, Wing Chun, Capoeira, Muay Thai, Freerunning, Parkour and other various Military Training. He currently is stationed in Neo Tokyo, after the situation has been resolved in Neo Tokyo he is released on vacation.

LVL: 3

STR: 10
VIT: 5
DEX: 5 (+1)
INT: 5 (+1)
LUK: 5

HP: (Ill calculate these two)
MP:

Acrobatics (DEX): 4

Melee Weaponry (DEX): 4

Observation (INT): 4

Projectile Weaponry (DEX): 4

Appraisal (INT): 4

Observation (INT): 4

First Aid (INT): 2

Melee Weaponry (DEX): 2

(Will be revealed later on)

Last edited:
If your character is on vacation then he would not have access to his military gear. Plus its a bit game breaking to start off with that kind of stuff.

Also you can only have up to 4 points in a Talent at Character Creation right now.

Anyway, I will accept your chara. Now lets see what additional stuff I can give him.

Well I will accept your chara when you make the changes I wanted you to make anyway.

Changes made. Also due to high-risk and the need of getting operations underway quickly, the S.A.S. allowed and even needed to have their equipment 24/7 ready and in order aswell, which is why they are the fastest response regiment in the world. But I get your point of it being overpowered, I will have him acquire them later on in the game if that's alright with you? Also is the IC thread up or not? If it is I cannot find it, if it is not when are we expecting it to go up?

You still need to change your Talents as well.

And yea, its fine if he gets the equipment later in the game, but in the beginning is to OP.

and it will be up soon (need to respond to those wo sent me the PM I asked for first)

But to show your military training I am letting your chara start at Level 3 instead of level 1, so feel free to include the bonuses you get from leveling up in your changes.

So you get 8 additional stat points (do whatever you want with them) and 6 Talent Points (of which you can only put two into a single talent right now since you can only put 1 Talent Point into a talent per level up)

Sorry if that seems complicated, but its to balance the game and make it so that characters don't grow too powerful too quickly. You gotta earn it.

Status
Not open for further replies.