The Game of Thrones Season 7 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't just show Dany that dragons can be hurt: it shows that the Lannisters know it and have made weapons for that purpose. A lot of people laughed about Qyburn's plan being "let's build big crossbows," but the key thing this demonstration shows us (and Dany if she's wise enough to see it or listen to Tyrion when he explains it) is that these weapons are fairly mobile and just being high up in the air is not protection enough. Arrows mean fuck all to a dragon, and odds of hitting the rider are pretty miniscule. Get a dozen skilled people using those giant fucking crossbows mounted on a rig that allows them both vertical and horizontal range of motion to aim with and then the huge dragon itself is the target, and that's totally possible to hit. Those things are no joke, get a dragon in the head or throat with one good shot and it's probably dead. Anywhere Lannister forces are gathered becomes a major potential threat to dragons, assuming they've made a ton of these weapons and spread them around rather than keeping almost all of them in King's Landing.

Also, yeah, Dany was an idiot in that fight. She had the Lannister soldiers easily beaten just by breaking their line in a few places and letting the Dothraki swarm them. Instead she went and destroyed all those wagons of food... which she could have used to feed her soldiers and such. If she was going to have an extended stay instead of just enabling the Dothraki to wreck everyone then she should have gone straight down the line of soldiers and roasted as many as possible in one go. She could have killed or incapacitated eaaily 3/4 of the Lannister forces with such a maneuver, meaning far fewer dead Dothraki and no wasting the useful food.

Damn it Dany, why do you keep on disappointing me even now when you've stopped wasting time in Slaver's Bay? >:[

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Greenie
I found an image that encapsulates my main annoyance with how Dany used Drogon in this battle.

0xfTkRQ.jpg

So apparently GoT broke the record for most stunt men on fire with that last episode.

• Love
Reactions: Aero Blue
They could attack at night. Come in low from the direction of the water. Preferably during a moonless night. Those ballistas can't hit what they can't see. There are also other ways to use dragons. Makes me wish they would do a Temeraire series.

Whale, whale, whale
Look whose arms got tired of rowing

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Turtle of Doom
Dickon noooo.

Gendry's a beast.

i don't like jon or dany but i like cersei and sansa lol

more thoughts to come but first of all

yo with rhaegar + lyanna secret marriage being 100% confirmed like... holy fuck i am so not looking forwards to the rhaegar love.
reminder that this is the "romantic" guy who treated elia like a breeding station before dumping her when she couldn't have any more children safely... and he dumped her for lyanna who at the time was underage even for westerosi standards iirc. dude rhaegar is actually so scum. dont gimme that lovey dovey shit, rhaegar was a prophecy obssessed weirdo omgomgomg.

holy fuck i cant i am so insanely butthurt over rhaegar omg..
it's not even rhaegar tbqh b/c like he is a fictional character so i dont really get thaaat mad about it. it's the way people react to rhaegar. holy fuck so many times i see this sentiment: omg rhaegar can't be a rapist bc he pllayed harps and he read books and he was so lovely and ladida.
like... you do realize that fucking none of those traits like are exclusive rite. like it just burns me so fucking much man it reminds me so much of irl standrads like "no he couldnt have raped u like he's such a gentleman!!! he's a family friend what r u talking about!!!" that kinda shit. boy icant. i really dislik e rahegar my man. i really hope the show does not portray rhaegar in a good light........... but maybe im being biased.

in fact i hate all targs tbqh. but thats more of my really intense bias against magic. which is why i really dont like arya or bran either. but i guess i'm a hypocrite b/c i like beric and he follows the lol and lights his sword on fire and all (but i think that's a trick rITE AND NOT MAGIC??). like boy i really dont like treating drogon and shit like dogs... they arent cute doggies theyre dangerous af. fugg i really hope jon does not ride a dragon... but i feel like he will b/c of his targ blood stuff. idk it just sounds cheese af ngl. also like dragons killed lots of targs b4 so it shouldnt matter much but i feel like once jon pet drogon like it is 99% chance of him riding one.

brain fried but gist of it all:

good episode but fuck rhaegar. but am i being too biased and shit? is it actually a big deal? I feel like rhaegar is actually such a scumbag but mayb i am wrong... someone with better knowledge inform me pls

also jon and his a-team haha.
also gendry makes me wish there were some more baratheons left
also if arya kills sansa im like just gonne be like wtf u idiot. tbh i didnt get why she was being so pissy about sansa holding council with the lords. i mean... wtf do u want sansa to do

edit: oh yeh with jon being a legitimate targ it still shouldnt mean anything in the line of succession i think... aerys made viserys his heir so dany still has the strongest legal claim. I THINK.

edit: jfc its already happening omg
the rhaegar party has begun......... omg wHY

edit: aight i got over it lmao but still

Last edited by a moderator:
Alrighty, now this was a good episode!!! I am really enjoying how Jon's progressing, I feel he is becoming more than just the guy who stands around with a :beady: expression on his face. I was getting really nervous Dany wouldn't let him go, but apparently she has a soft spot for him, thank goodness for that. I thought it was cool, watching him pat Drogon... I'm guessing the dragon can smell the Targ blood in him? Hmm... Speaking of... Haha.. hahaha... turns out Dany isn't the actual heir to the throne. Trololol.

Dany got me really pissed off during this episode. Seriously, what the flipping hell kind of choice was that? Bend the knee or die? Jeez! Take prisoners instead, or something! Burning the two Tarlys alive was vicious and cruel in my opinion. She's not her father... well she sure as hell is charring people like he did, except with dragons and not wildfire.

Cersei wasn't annoying in this episode... well there wasn't much of her anyway, lol. I do wonder if she's really pregnant or if that's just a ploy to keep Jaime on her side. She seemed somewhat more sensible in this episode. As for Jaime and Tyrion's meeting... man... I feel bad for Tyrion. I am wondering why he didn't just hide from the two guards. It seemed to me he could have somehow, he's not a big fellow after all. Welp, at least we got to see Gendry's skills. Hell of a hammer smash!

Can I just say Davos is as awesome as always? XD

Jorah's finally been noticed by senpai Khaleesi, lol. I suppose it was sweet, but I was still too ticked off by Dany to enjoy it much. I hope he returns to her soon though. He and Ser Barristan had always been sort of like her conscience.

I'm glad Sam left the Citadel, and stole some books while he was at it. x.x Honestly those old farts deserve some winter coming their way. All those books and scrolls are doing them no good if they ignore a threat coming their way simply because it sounds like a fantastical tale. At least investigate in the matter rather than just dismiss it.

Finally, Winterfell. I think Arya was being a little bitchy to Sansa. Maybe the latter could have used some other more forceful words rather than acknowledging them and then reminding them Jon is the King... But she IS telling them Jon is the King. She hasn't forgotten. And seriously o_o" men of the North are supposed to be super loyal but some of these fellas are seeming rather fickle.

Also, was that letter the one Sansa had been told to write by Cersei, asking Robb to bend the knee? In any case... gotta admit Littlefinger is one-upping Arya here. Nice to see him back to his shenanigans rather than just peering at people from one angle or the other. :bsmile:

I feel like rhaegar is actually such a scumbag but mayb i am wrong... someone with better knowledge inform me pls

At this point, we can't be certain. Glowing reviews from many that knew him, and rather poor reviews from... well, Robert Baratheon specifically (Ned, too, I'd imagine. And Oberyn - I'd imagine many of the Martells also).

Along those same lines though, nothing confirms that he's a rapist, and most 'hints' allude otherwise. I'd imagine his fully revealed true story will probably end up of a man that was fatally flawed, but also fundamentally a decent person (or not! who knows!).

Last edited:
AAAAAAHHHH!!! JUST AIR ALL THE EPISODES NOW DAMMIT!
  • Dany seems to be getting both really cold and really soft.
  • Like, when she burned the Tarly's and gave them the "Fight for me or die" choice. Bitch that isn't a choice! That's basically slavery and she should know it! And she's going to grow a ton of resentment doing that. I think she's snapping from all the loses she's taken, and getting to eager because the Throne is so close.
  • But then looking at the way she looks at Jorah and Jon. She clearly has a soft spot for them. And that look she was giving when Jon was talking about leaving, that seemed like genuine care and worry for him. Now, may that be the Dany X Jon kind, or her suspecting Jon's Targaryen roots (cause of his dragon interaction) I'm not sure. Actually, Targaryens are big on incest, it's probably both.
  • Holy Shit Tyrion's been thrown in a pickle. He's trying desperately to get Dany to act sensible, but instead he's made part of her savagery. Meanwhile Jaime, the only family member to of cared about him hates his guts for what he did to Tywin. I feel like if Tyrion just booked it back in Season 4 rather than going for vengeance he'd be a lot better off.
  • And Varys is rather conflicted too, I'm sad we're not seeing more of him.
  • Arya and Petyr are at it! This is gonna be interesting seeing who wins. I'm actually a bit surprised Petyr caught on to Arya's sneaking... Either he has a bit more history there, or he's just very aware of his surroundings. Actually, he was probably on lookout for Arya since the Brienne duel.
  • I also imagine Arya's reaction when/if she learns Jon, Gendry and the Hound are together... And they all went beyond the wall to play with White Walkers. Like, these are three people she's grown rather close to (even if the Hound has the whole "I want you dead. But I also grew to like you" thing going on).
  • AND OH SHIT! MINUS BRIENNE WE GOT THE ALL-STAR TEAM GOING BEYOND THE WALL!!!

It ain't no Cleganebowl but I feel the hype still applies.
  • AND WAIT!!! The Mountain isn't breathing! He's a walking dead man! You think the Night King might pull some Walker magic to control him?
  • Gendry's finally back. I was getting worried he simply vanished. I think it's safe to assume he has some level of plot armour (for the moment) though. I really don't see him being held in reserve for so long just to die the episode after. George R.R Martian even said that he doesn't kill off characters until their arcs are complete. And yeah, I know he's off the show now, but I'm trusting he gave the show enough pointers?
  • Also, Game of Throne's multi-political layered theme is suddenly crashing down. It's all starting to turn into this big epic fight, character-pairing now that just feels so hype and in a sense fan servicey, but the good kind! I'm just expecting the White Walkers (or Cersei) to pull some shit and fuck things up for everyone else though.
  • And rewinding a bit to Jon and the Dragon. Why did Dany land like that? Was it meant to be a casual landing and he just acted up? Was she still in psycho mode and wanted to scare Jon only to go "Oh shit, he actually likes Jon"?
  • Anyways, Jon get's along with at least one of the Dragons. And Dany is getting awfully suspicious about the heart deal, I'm betting she'll be doing some fangirl stalking digging on Jon while he's gone.
  • Also, Sam finally left the tower! I'm waiting for news to come out that it was him that cured Jorah, and Dany to be like "wait what?", and Jon be like "That's my friend!", and then you know, StarkXTarg or TargXTarg shit.
I thought it was cool, watching him pat Drogon... I'm guessing the dragon can smell the Targ blood in him? Hmm... Speaking of... Haha.. hahaha... turns out Dany isn't the actual heir to the throne. Trololol.

That's a good point. o_o
If Dany realises Jon's a Targaryen would she be cooler with him? Or would she get more like her Father? Paranoid about losing her throne?

Dany got me really pissed off during this episode. Seriously, what the flipping hell kind of choice was that? Bend the knee or die? Jeez! Take prisoners instead, or something! Burning the two Tarlys alive was vicious and cruel in my opinion. She's not her father... well she sure as hell is charring people like he did, except with dragons and not wildfire.

I'm going to be really upset if the next episode or two doesn't address the bitterness growing towards her from the people as a result of this stuff.

Cersei wasn't annoying in this episode... well there wasn't much of her anyway, lol. I do wonder if she's really pregnant or if that's just a ploy to keep Jaime on her side. She seemed somewhat more sensible in this episode.

Cersei's slipping. Did you catch the "Don't betray me again" she said to Jaime?
When she admitted the meeting was set up without Jaimes knowledge? And after which he went STRAIGHT to her?

Like... How, in any way did Jaime betray her?

As for Jaime and Tyrion's meeting... man... I feel bad for Tyrion. I am wondering why he didn't just hide from the two guards. It seemed to me he could have somehow, he's not a big fellow after all. Welp, at least we got to see Gendry's skills. Hell of a hammer smash!

He was already in the open, and the guards were turned. Tyrion didn't get much a chance. Granted, that's cause he was careless and waltz straight down rather than checking to see if someone other than Davos was at the boat.

Can I just say Davos is as awesome as always? XD

No, cause I'm going to say it.
"Davos is as awesome as always" :P

I'm glad Sam left the Citadel, and stole some books while he was at it. x.x Honestly those old farts deserve some winter coming their way. All those books and scrolls are doing them no good if they ignore a threat coming their way simply because it sounds like a fantastical tale. At least investigate in the matter rather than just dismiss it.

In the Citadel's defence, they are investigating it. They sent a raven back to Bran for clarification.
Plus, in our world this is almost the equivalent of someone barging into a University and claiming a gate to hell is opening and demons are flying through.
They're being quite open minded considering.

Though I say "almost the equivalent" cause in GoT there is clearly some magic, not much debate. But, it's rather isolated, and lost to history. And no one who possess it seems to of made much effort to reach the Maesters (unless if there's more backstory there to uncover later episodes). And GoT messages with ravens, not video or texting. Unless if you saw the magic first hand it would be rather hard to believe it, and the Maester's are effectively men of science... So, faith or "I saw it, believe me" is hardly compelling proof.

Finally, Winterfell. I think Arya was being a little bitchy to Sansa. Maybe the latter could have used some other more forceful words rather than acknowledging them and then reminding them Jon is the King... But she IS telling them Jon is the King. She hasn't forgotten. And seriously o_o" men of the North are supposed to be super loyal but some of these fellas are seeming rather fickle.

To be fair, the North isn't fully honourable. There were the Boltons, and the other houses that willingly joined them during their take over.
That and most of what we saw from the North was through the perspective of the Starks, who be easily be above the norm. Hell, King Robert back in Seasons 2 and 3 had to deal with some of his own Northmen acting out. In one case a guy even killed children because of a twisted sense of vengeance.

Plus, Jon is not only standing as a Bastard but did rather insane shit once taking charge. Trusting houses that betrayed them (I agree with him, but it's would draw concern/envy from Vassals), going on about White Walkers and Dragon Glass when no one else in the North has any evidence of this being true other than Jon says so, bringing in the Wildlings AND giving them the wall, leaving the North just as times get the most dire to do what has gotten many Starks before him killed? For we as viewers it's easy to route for Jon cause we've seen the whole story, all the details, and it's a fantasy tale we immerse in for fun so we already give some sense of belief in him. For the Northmen living in the North though? Living the GoT world? Jon is outright nuts. Respectable, but nuts.

And as far as Sansa and Arya go? Arya was cold about it when she really didn't need to be (guess they're still on thin ice. Especially when she feels the need to defend Jon, her favourite sibling by far) but ultimately I think Arya was right and hit the nail right on the head. Sansa want's power, she want's the position and respect of Jon, so although she'll remain proper and defend Jon so that can say she acted honourably and did her duty, she may not mind Jon actually falling and taking over. Granted, these are thoughts at the back of Sansa's mind, she's not actively trying to hurt Jon, but it's certainly influencing her unconsciously.

Also, was that letter the one Sansa had been told to write by Cersei, asking Robb to bend the knee? In any case... gotta admit Littlefinger is one-upping Arya here. Nice to see him back to his shenanigans rather than just peering at people from one angle or the other. :bsmile:

Too many of the words were blurry for me to make it out. But I thought it was one of the original letters back in Season 1 that provoked this whole war to begin with.

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Too many of the words were blurry for me to make it out. But I thought it was one of the original letters back in Season 1 that provoked this whole war to begin with.
I had paused it and spent a good while trying to read it lol. Lemme screenshot it.

[spoili]sansa-letter.jpg [/spoili]

This part's legible for me

Robert is dead, killed from wounds he took in a boar hunt,
Joffrey and tried to steal his throne. the Lannisters
King's Landing and swear fealthy to King Joffrey and
Your faithful sister
Sansa

• Useful
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Am I the only one who thought all that rowing is what turned Gendry into an animal? He's not a very big guy, but he was swinging that big ass hammer like it was nothing.

Did it feel a bit like foreshadowing when Gendry and Jon met? They talked about how their fathers went into war together and won, and a part of me is clinging to the hope that history will repeat itself. Of course, they were against the Targaryens and not a bunch of undead monsters, but still!

And can we all take a moment to appreciate Arya's ninja skills? I love her more and more every single episode. I'm almost certain that Littlefinger is setting up a rift between the sisters, and Arya at least appears to be taking the bait. But Arya's far from dumb. She might be closer to Jon than she is Sansa, but after all that the entire family has been through, I don't see her fully betraying Sansa.

Seriously, fuck Cersei! I'm getting so tired of her. She's so damn predictable that it's not even funny. She thinks she's being slick by following her father's methods, but it's like she's failing to realize that Tyrion is on the opposing side. If Tyrion can get Dany to actually listen to him, she might have a chance. And Jamie's is the biggest fool on the entire show. I know love is blind and all, but it shouldn't make anyone that freaking stupid!

Was I the only one who rolled their eyes with Dany's speech? She's standing there telling them she's not there to murder people, then gives them the ultimatum to bend the knee or die. (I swear if she tells another person to bend the knee, I might shatter my TV!) I was a bit happy to see Sam's father roasted to a crispy black, but I did feel a bit bad about Dickon.

Dany is becoming as annoying as Cersei, for entirely different reasons. Ignoring Tyrion was stupid. Getting people to follow her out of fear is stupid.

Also I realised while trying to get to sleep.

Rhaegar and Lyanna got married.
JON ISN'T A BASTARD! HE'S A LEGIT TARGARYEN!

I had paused it and spent a good while trying to read it lol. Lemme screenshot it.

[spoili]View attachment 143572 [/spoili]

This part's legible for me

Robert is dead, killed from wounds he took in a boar hunt,
Joffrey and tried to steal his throne. the Lannisters
King's Landing and swear fealthy to King Joffrey and
Your faithful sister
Sansa

You got a clearer shot than I could somehow. More precise timestamp or something XD

Anyways, looks like we're both right. It's exposing Sansa for siding with the Lannisters during the whole Eddard Stark deal.

Am I the only one who thought all that rowing is what turned Gendry into an animal? He's not a very big guy, but he was swinging that big ass hammer like it was nothing.

Rowing + Smithing.
But yea, he can handle himself great now.

Did it feel a bit like foreshadowing when Gendry and Jon met? They talked about how their fathers went into war together and won, and a part of me is clinging to the hope that history will repeat itself. Of course, they were against the Targaryens and not a bunch of undead monsters, but still!

Maybe. It makes sense for Gendry to bring up regardless, but it could just as easily have something happen beyond the wall that changes the houses dynamic completely.

But Arya's far from dumb. She might be closer to Jon than she is Sansa, but after all that the entire family has been through, I don't see her fully betraying Sansa.

What they've been through could also make Arya take it more personally though. Then going through so much, and Sansa had a hand in it.

Was I the only one who rolled their eyes with Dany's speech? She's standing there telling them she's not there to murder people, then gives them the ultimatum to bend the knee or die. (I swear if she tells another person to bend the knee, I might shatter my TV!)

You could says she's gone quite mad.

I don't think she's gone mad, yet. She's toeing the line though, that's for sure.

Not yet. But people are definitely getting concerned about it. Hopefully Tyrion or Jon can talk her out of it.

Not yet. But people are definitely getting concerned about it. Hopefully Tyrion or Jon can talk her out of it.
I dunno... Tyrion seems to be losing her, he seemed rather despondent in the episode. Varys is also noticing Dany going a bit.. fiery.

HUH I can't believe I forgot, but I was literally SO HAPPY when I saw Tormond on screen. I love that guy! Here's the clip :P Also Jon's satchel at the beginning... looks like my old laptop bag :"D

Sorry Tormond, not the big woman. ;w;

I dunno... Tyrion seems to be losing her, he seemed rather despondent in the episode. Varys is also noticing Dany going a bit.. fiery.

HUH I can't believe I forgot, but I was literally SO HAPPY when I saw Tormond on screen. I love that guy! Here's the clip :P Also Jon's satchel at the beginning... looks like my old laptop bag :"D

Sorry Tormond, not the big woman. ;w;

You think Varys is gonna keep his word about telling Dany when she goes astray?

And with Tormond, how likely do you think it will be that he survives beyond the wall this time? :P

I'd probably bet on Tormund sticking around, mostly for being the core wildling representation up north. From what I saw, we got a bunch of disposables behind the core group.

Beric's probably gonna bite it, right? Dude seems perfectly set up for some sort of heroic sacrifice, flaming sword and all.

Would have loled if Jorah had reunited with Dany and was like, "hey you know what, this Tarly dude cured me. Sure hope that guy's family is on to great things like not getting burned to death!"

Would have loled if Jorah had reunited with Dany and was like, "hey you know what, this Tarly dude cured me. Sure hope that guy's family is on to great things like not getting burned to death!"
Too True :'D

Especially with Jon hanging about :beady:

Status
Not open for further replies.