2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
  4. Douche
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Fantasy is my #1; I will give almost anything a chance if it has strong fantasy elements. Post apocalyptic, superhero, alternate history, science fantasy, some supernatural, romance, and a few fandoms (especially Game of Thrones) are also likely to catch my eye.
For the last couple seasons of the show there was a big single discussion thread that ended up being the place we Game of Thrones nerds talked about it. I've decided to go ahead and get it in place a little early. Feel free to discuss Game of Thrones things here and get hyped in preparation for the season premiere on July 16. :D

[warning=red]There will almost certainly be unlabeled spoilers in this thread. If you don't want to have things spoiled for you, don't look at this thread unless you've watched the latest episodes![/warning]

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Greenie
Predictions: Double the incest with Jamie and Cersie & Jon and Dany.
Tyrion will still be awesome.
Aryia will kill more people.
Gendry will still be rowing until the series is over.
Tormund will eat meat sexily at Brienne until she finally caves and gives into him and his manly beard.
Littlefinger is a dead MFer!

And that's all I got for now. At least one of these predictions is bound to be true. I'm putting my money on the last one.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Greenie and Jorick
Tormund will eat meat sexily at Brienne until she finally caves and gives into him and his manly beard.
:'D I literally laughed out loud. Thanks.

RIGHT so I had a question! I may end up feeling like a fool after I get the reply but what the heck, right?

So, while my rewatch of Game of Thrones alongside the Mister, during the last episode it finally struck us that the Faceless ones literally turn into different people just by putting on a face. Jaqen H'gar, for example, was clearly a black man when Arya first gets to the House of Black and White. His height, weight, his whole body was different.

So do the faces have some magic in them, or is it the Faceless God doing all that, concealing the followers completely?

Or is it just a GoT Show thing?

Reactions: Jorick
I want this to happen so bad.

He's going to be the only one left alive. He'll be ruler of nothing but a destroyed world.

Predictions: Double the incest with Jamie and Cersie & Jon and Dany.
Tyrion will still be awesome.
Aryia will kill more people.
Gendry will still be rowing until the series is over.

And that's all I got for now. At least one of these predictions is bound to be true. I'm putting my money on the last one.
I think we'll actually just maintain incest levels. I don't think Jaime and Cersei will still be banging, but Jon and Dany are gonna go classic Targaryen. 8D

Tyrion and Arya predictions are legit.

I think it's possible Gendry will actually show up again this season, but I would be okay with him still rowing until season 8.

Tormund and Brienne is the best ship that will never actually happen. :(

I think Littlefinger is 100% dead this season, yeah. Sansa is going to be the cause of his death, too, imo. RIP

RIGHT so I had a question! I may end up feeling like a fool after I get the reply but what the heck, right?

So, while my rewatch of Game of Thrones alongside the Mister, during the last episode it finally struck us that the Faceless ones literally turn into different people just by putting on a face. Jaqen H'gar, for example, was clearly a black man when Arya first gets to the House of Black and White. His height, weight, his whole body was different.

So do the faces have some magic in them, or is it the Faceless God doing all that, concealing the followers completely?

Hard to say. The books only have one clear Faceless Man transformation, and it only really notes his face changing. It's the same as the first one in the show, Jaqen H'gar changing his face after helping Arya peace out from Harrenhal. I'm not sure if it's just a limitation of the visual medium or they're legit intended to be able to change more than their face. Hrmm.

• Thank You
but I would be okay with him still rowing until season 8.
*snickers*

Hard to say. The books only have one clear Faceless Man transformation, and it only really notes his face changing. It's the same as the first one in the show, Jaqen H'gar changing his face after helping Arya peace out from Harrenhal. I'm not sure if it's just a limitation of the visual medium or they're legit intended to be able to change more than their face. Hrmm.
Yeah, I actually remembered that part after I thought about it! Hm... I also thought maybe it was something like skin-walkers who change into different animals.

^_^' I suppose it's one of those things you just have to watch and accept, lol.

Tormund and Brienne is the best ship that will never actually happen. :(

Stop killing my dreams, man! I need this ship to happen! It's like a life's dream being realized, only I have no part in it.

I think Jamie and Cersie will have one last fling, but I kind of agree it's going to be up to Jon and Dany to continue the pattern of incest after that.

My hubby and I have a bet on who's going to kill Littlefinger. I think it's Aryia. He thinks Sansa. I'm hoping I win because I owe him back massages for a month straight if I don't.

My husband literally made me get out of the shower screaming when that scene came on because he knew I'd be pissed that I missed it. XD

I never really gave much thought about the faces they wear until you mentioned it, but you're right. They could be magic. Could also be an illusion as well. I'm not really sure. =/

• Bucket of Rainbows
More than Brienne and Tormund, it's Edd's reaction that got to me. :'D

tumblr_inline_o79a76gXq41r9ecx3_500-1463405367.gif

I'm guessing that there won't be a stag on King's Landing. Right? It's all Lannister now.

I'm guessing that there won't be a stag on King's Landing. Right? It's all Lannister now.

Probably not. They're pretty quick to change it, at least they were when the Starks took back Winterfell.

I haven't heard/remembered much of the announcements yet but, this is the second-last season and not the last season, amirite?

if so, my predictions are largely centred around the idea of resolving plots other than the two ultimate confrontations (the three factions, Nightwalkers). So:

- The Greyjoys probably meet their ends at some point. Euron is the overt villain of that sub-arc, so he's likely kaput, as well as Yara/Asha, who's great but mostly disposable. Theon living would be sweet in a way.

- Gotta give Arya some credible kills, but I'm not sure I put her in the Littlefinger sweep stakes. If I remember correctly, Littlefinger never quite makes her weird creepy recitation list. I'll tentatively give my vote to Sansa.

- Melisandre probably chimes back in and dies in some White Walker related fashion; anticipating some kind of 'death-as-redemption' arc with her. Might link up with Hound and the boys.

- War Casualty Predictions: Yara and Euron, Grey Worm are who I'm pencilling in at the moment.

I was wondering when this thread was going to get started! Woohoo! I'm so excited for the new season. Husbandism and I have been anxiously waiting.
I haven't heard/remembered much of the announcements yet but, this is the second-last season and not the last season, amirite?
Yup, there is one more season after this one. I read somewhere that the episodes for the final season will be like movies, with each episode coming in at about 80 mins each.

• Really voting for some Dany and Jon action. I know its incest but still. I want this to happen!
  • Tyrion is always awesome. I always enjoy his scenes.
  • Wondering what ever happened to Jorah Mormont. Maybe he found the cure to that greyscale?
  • Arya killing is going to be awesome. Like screw the faceless men, I'm Arya Stark and I have a list! Wondering if Numeria will appear this season?
  • I think Gendry might show up this season too. He's the one with the true claim to the throne (as far as Baratheon lineage goes anyway). Though I would not be pleased if he ended up on the Iron Throne.
  • Wondering whats up with Bran and the White Walkers. But I think Sam is going to be pivotal in helping solve how to defeat the threat beyond the wall.

Reactions: Aero Blue
Wondering what ever happened to Jorah Mormont. Maybe he found the cure to that greyscale?
Me too. ;w; Ser Friendzone Mormont has been a character I've liked from the start. It would suck if he died due to something totally not epic like greyscale.

Me too. ;w; Ser Friendzone Mormont has been a character I've liked from the start. It would suck if he died due to something totally not epic like greyscale.
I mean they were able to stop the greyscale from spreading for the Princess Shireen. I'm sure Jorah can find SOMETHING.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Ser Friendzone Mormont
Hahaha, love the nickname.

On a totally unrelated note, this has been my desktop background for a few years. 8D
3sl1WMt.jpg

*wipes tears*

That is brilliant. X'D

Also reminds me of this.

LMAO! Men without penises. They forgot to add Greyworm to that list! For shame. No support for the Unsullied. :(

• Nice Execution!
LMAO! Men without penises. They forgot to add Greyworm to that list! For shame. No support for the Unsullied. :(
I really liked the Theon, Ramsay and Varys voices though :'D

Would chopping it off stop the spread? Hmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.