The game of Love or Run!

Mona Fiorella Voclain.

Mona listened to the set of rules intently, now sitting up straight rather than lounging about like before. Everything seemed simple enough, but she knew at one point or another she'd most likely want to pick up that phone behind Chris and ditch the island for good. It wouldn't help if she didn't like her partner either, which felt like something that was bond to happen. The safest bet she had for winning this show would be with Sebastian, and she was sure the only other boy she could stand for more than 5 seconds would be Lamont. Mona gave nervous glances towards the 2 men beside her, something she hoped she'd never do again since being timid wasn't exactly her thing. "Bonne chance, messieurs. (Good luck, sirs.)" She breathed out under her breath in a cowardly manner.

When the images of everyone started shuffling around on the TV, she clutched the cushion beneath her so tightly her nail polish threatened to chip off. Not only was it an unflattering image of her, but her throat tightened at the thought of being partnered with someone who was /actually/ here for love. She hadn't realized how much that would bring her down, and most likely depress her seeing as her nearly heartless self was in this for the money. Mona didn't want to break anymore hearts than she needed to, and she felt like her heart stopped when she saw her face paired next to Will's.

The only encounter she had with him was when she tried not to heave out a sob of mixed emotions when she heard him speak French, and she had hoped it would've been the last. The usual delightful grin she had on her face reappeared and she hopped off the large couch almost too quickly. "Hi, monsieur. You ready to win some cash?"

( Current outfit: HERE. )

Sebastian

A single eye turned to look at Mona, closing as Sebastian smiled, taking a moment to recline in his seat. "Force of habit I suppose, though I must say i'm trying to thing of who their going to pair me with."

No sooner had he said this, Chris began talking, denouncing cheating, explaining the rules and most importantly, calling out the pairings. Sebastian was slightly confused by his partner, before remebering who they were. "It seems I've gotten the strange one, not the worst thing to befall me, but I was hoping to get a player not a pawn, oh well I'm sure I can make it work." He gave Mona a look as she jumped up to address her partner, taking on a role as she spoke. 'Too bad, her partner is most definitely in it for the love, which will undoubtly cause friction between the two if she does the wrong things. Though I could be in the same boat with my partner, so i really shouldn't talk.' He wondered if he should walk over to his, not really feeling like getting up, but it was best to start off on the best foot so he went over to the girl in the Gothic get up, a friendly smile on his face.

"Hello, I'm glad to be partnered with an interesting girl such as yourself. I hope we can get along alright from here on out."

Korrey

Korrey could only laugh at Imojen's comment, not only because it was funny, but because his mom had said something similar when ever she was dealing with a difficult client. Once he calmed down, he thought about Lizzy's question, and was about to answer when Chris started his announcement. Korrey remained calm through the explanation of the rules, but as soon as he heard that him and Lizzy were on the same team, he let out a loud whoop, putting an arm around the glasses wearing girl with a smile on his face as he pulled her in to a hug, with Monty barely escaping being crushed by hopping on to Korrey's shoulder.

"Isn't this awesome Lizzy, we're going to be on the same team. What a coincidence huh?" Still holding on to Lizzy, Korrey turned to Imojen, still smiling, "Yo, good luck with having sparkle face as a partner, and remember just because we're not on the same team doesn't mean we can't hang out, so see you around, alright? Speak of the devil, here he comes." Korrey said, pointing at the green haired boy with a snarky grin on his face, still unable to believe why anyone would willing bedazzle their face.

Sierra Rose become oddly stiff as Chris was explaining the rules. She thought to herself, Simple enough. No one likes a cheater. I can't wait to see the rooms. I'm more worried about getting along with the girls. She moaned then shook her head as she did NOT want to start any more drama what already occurred. Her heart leaped into her throat as her eyes shot up back to Chris when announced the pairings. Her palms sweated a bit as she gripped her knees from the anticipation until he said her name and then Justin Miles. She couldn't believe it. Her eyes widen with surprised for at first she had no clue how to react. Until Justin hugged her from behind.
"Hell yeah!"She turned half away to hug him back and laughed in relief. "Whoo hoo!!" She then jumped up off her seat and stretched her arms out as she turned around to face Justin now and sat back down. "I gotta tell ya. You're my savior throughout this, I promise I won't let you down" She gave him a satisfied wink and laughed again, happy to be his partner.

• Love
Reactions: Andy
As Chris explaining the rules, Lizzy was trying to keep herself calm. It made her feel better that no one was getting voted off, that meant whoever her partner may be, he wouldn't get voted out because of her. Then Chris started to call out the pairs, Lizzy didn't time to freak out more when her team was called. Korrey was her partner, this was good. The boy grabbed Lizzy into a hug and whooping happily. Lizzy gave him a shy smile.

"I-I'm glad to be your partner, I'll d-do my best to be a good partner for you."

|||Aria|||
Aria shifted in her chair as she looked at the pairs. 'Leo huh..... I don't think I talked to him. Maybe he is a nice? She really didn't know. She just hoped he was nice enough to respect her space if she needed it. She was really really shy. Looking around, she tried to spot Leo in the crowd, as she bit her lip, still holding her book close to her chest. She felt a little bad for Andrew, now he was stuck with Alex. She hoped he didn't end up breaking his bones.
@SirDerpingtonIV

|||Aria|||
Aria shifted in her chair as she looked at the pairs. 'Leo huh..... I don't think I talked to him. Maybe he is a nice? She really didn't know. She just hoped he was nice enough to respect her space if she needed it. She was really really shy. Looking around, she tried to spot Leo in the crowd, as she bit her lip, still holding her book close to her chest. She felt a little bad for Andrew, now he was stuck with Alex. She hoped he didn't end up breaking his bones.
@SirDerpingtonIV
Suddenly, a loud voice cried out from behind her. "Hello there partner!" it cried cheerfully, as there Leo stood, his hand already held out for her, as he introduced himself "I am Leo Lance, an adherent of the Lord of Sunlight," he said, with a most humble bow. He smiled at her, brightly. "And may I have the honor of making your acquaintance?" he asked, still grinning. She looked nice enough, clutching a book to her chest quite shyly. "Whatcha reading?" he asked, moving along fluidly.

|||Aria|||
Aria let out a squeak as someone jumped out behind her, and she looked at him. He was, energetic alright, it might be a good thing that she was paired with him. She took his hand, shaking it softly before looking down at her book. She blushed softly and lifted it away from her chest. "Oh, this? This is my writing book." she said.

|||Aria|||
Aria let out a squeak as someone jumped out behind her, and she looked at him. He was, energetic alright, it might be a good thing that she was paired with him. She took his hand, shaking it softly before looking down at her book. She blushed softly and lifted it away from her chest. "Oh, this? This is my writing book." she said.

"Your writing book?" he asked, raising an eyebrow curiously, watching her. "So you write? That's awesome!" he said excitedly, his eyes on the book now. "So, are you feeling excited for all of this?" he asked curiously, waiting for her answer. He himself was quite excited. He loved games, especially challenges.

Will
Will smiled at the girl who would be his partner. He knew that he was going to be in for an interesting time with her. He still had trouble reading whether she was in it for the money or for love or maybe both? It didn't really matter though. He was in it for his reasons and she was in it for hers and as long as they went far and managed to win he would work with her as long as he had to. He did have to admit she was very attractive though "oui mon cher permet de faire de notre mieux" (yes my dear lets do our best) He gave her his kindest smile and a slight bow as he stood to the side "shall we get acquainted then? or would you prefer to get settled in first?"
Justin
Justin laughed again as she hugged him back. He gave her one last squeeze and hopped to his feet and grabbed his bags "hey girl as long as you do your best you won't hear a complaint from me besides I'm not in it for the money even though that's a nice bonus i'm here to try and find a girl for me because what is money worth if you can't share it with someone you love right?" He winks at her and readjusts his bag "so..shall we unpack and meet back here in ten? or would you rather wait to unpack until after the first challenge I doubt they'd make us do anything to crazy since its only our first day"

|||Aria|||
Aria bit her lip softly, looking down and away. "Uh yeah, I do write." She said softly, looking down. "Competition isn't really my main thing, but I do like to spend time with people. I am just happy that I am here honestly, I don't really like competing against those girls. Honestly rooming with them is going to be hard enough." she said.
@SirDerpingtonIV

Andrew, turquoise
@IceQueen

Sounds fair enough, Andrew thought as Chris explained the rules. Teamwork and cooperation, he could do. It definitely beat being in a Survivor situation where they'd connive and backstab and fight like bugs in a jar. Not that Andrew was afraid of a straight-up fight, but all that underhanded kiss-up and manipulation blether? It was a relief not to have that standing between him and Michael's chance for a future.

Finally, the moment they'd all been waiting for. Names were said two by two. Andrew smiled a little, seeing the shy bookworm girl get the guy she'd ignored him for, and the guy's ecstatic response. Then the other girl he'd talk to also got what appeared to be a happy pairing. Yes! he thought, seeing Mona partnered with somebody else. He figured she'd rather get just about anybody including the guy in a dress, than the one in a kilt. Then the face-scrambly thing brought up his image--with the girl he was sitting next to.

He turned to her. "I'm Andrew," he said, offering a hand. "Guess that's obvious though, innit? So you know, I won't be expectin' ye t' let me kiss ye or noothin' just 'cause we're partners. I know some lads think lasses are party favors or sommat, but that's not me."

Imojen, maroon
@Raijinslayer

Imojen's heart sank a little when Korrey got picked for Lizzie. He'd seemed like the person she'd be most likely to synch with; or to approach from another angle, the person least likely to take partnership with her as horrible news. They're happy though, she thought, cheering herself back up. Then, her own partner was designated, and her expression turned pensive. He was probably the person who would be least happy with her, whose chances for scrabbling to the top of the heap would be spoiled by her mere existence.

"Huh? Oh, yeah, of course," she replied to Korrey. "And that goes for you too Monty, right?" she said offering him another pet. "And you Lizzie? Actually, I'm not gonna get all claw-their-eyes-out-for-money with anybody," she said, then glanced over to see Sebastian headed her way. "You should probably wish him good luck with me," she said to Korrey in a whisper. She closed her eyes briefly to concentrate on letting go of her biases and preparing herself to receive the experience of Sebastian with 'Beginner's Mind,' then rose and turned to greet him.

"Of course we can," she said in response to his friendly greeting, giving him a smile. "I like your sparklethings. It takes a certain kind of courage to deliberately stray from the default instead of just being born that way. This is Myakiznak," she said, holding up her plush kiwi bird. "It's nice to meet you," she said, offering a hand.

|||Alex|||
Alex gritted her teeth as the pairs where showed. She looked over next to her, to see a man with his hand extended. She looked at it for a few seconds before shaking his hand with a firm grip. "I wouldn't expect you to be the type to try and charm me." She said softly. She was just glad she wasn't stuck with that annoying guy who was bugging Aria. She sighed, puffing a strand of blond hair out of the way. "Anyhow, normally people don't really get to know me this way but since we are partners." She said before dropping the façade in for a soft smile. "Let's win this together."
@Zarko Straadi

|||Aria|||
Aria bit her lip softly, looking down and away. "Uh yeah, I do write." She said softly, looking down. "Competition isn't really my main thing, but I do like to spend time with people. I am just happy that I am here honestly, I don't really like competing against those girls. Honestly rooming with them is going to be hard enough." she said.
@SirDerpingtonIV
Leo nodded, understanding. "Yeah, I know how you feel. I didn't really come here to win or anything. I just wanted to be here, have fun, you know?" he asked, with a shrug. "And I'm hoping that the other guys aren't that bad. I mean, we're here for the next few..... weeks? Months? Years? I don't know," he sighed, looking at her for a moment, before looking away. "And what do you write? Stories?" she inquired, curiously.

Sierra watched Justin get to his feet as she was eager too, and she jumped up to hers and grabbed her back and threw the strap on her left shoulder. "Yeah well, I get whatcha sayin friend. Gotta have love. One day, I want to have my own health workout gym or class.Be a fit trainer for Zumba. That's my dream " She blushed when he winked at her and shook her head and laughed lightly thinking how cute he was. "Well, I'd like to unpack first and get that over with. Plus, I want to claim the best bed since I gotta share it with these-" as she looked around she stopped herself from saying anything negative and brushed it off , for Lizzy was the only chick she had talked to that liked her . "I'm not trippin 'bout it. Everyone's gotta get comfortable, so on dat note." She took her Ipod out and plug one ear bud in and begun to two step around Justin and laughed. "I'll meet ya back here in ten." And gave him a thumbs up with a wink.

Mona Fiorella Voclain.

Mona gave one last look at Lamont; A melancholy-filled smile and unsatisfactory blue lilac eyes. It was obvious Will wanted love, and Mona contemplated telling him right then and there that he was searching in all the wrong places. She saved the cold opinions for later when she'd complain to others, or when there was hopefully a chance to switch partners. Will seemed like a decent enough guy with an average physique and normal intentions for a guy like himself, but mediocre love-stricken boys weren't going to get her anywhere. She hated to be so rude and harsh ( Actually, she didn't. ) towards the poor guy, but she desperately wanted the money beyond anything she could ever comprehend.

Mona stared at Will when she spoke French again and had to physically stop herself from immediately calling her dad to send the boat he named after her, and the reoccurring twitching of her hand which was a habit she never knew existed. "Okay, yeah." The girl murmured back, trying not to seem mean when she refused to speak back in French. She grabbed her luggage and bag with a new smile that beamed determination and said, "How about we go to our room and discuss everything there, monsieur?" She didn't really wait for an answer as she started to edge closer to the door, but she still watched Will.

( Current outfit: HERE. )

As Lamont listened to the rules, many thoughts went through his mend. Laundry? He really didn't have much to wash. He had a bunch of pairs of the same stuff, but each outfit was different just by a little bit. One day his skirt might have button on the bottom, and it would be gone the next and replaced with a couple rips on the leggings. However, his hooded sweatshirt was always worn by him. Finally, Chris announced the teams. This was the time he would have been waiting for.

OK, he looked for his picture. It was an OK picture, not the best. It was taken from his audition tape. Are all these pictures just screenshots of people's audition tapes? If so, some of those might have been interesting. He chuckled at his own comment, and put a hand over his mouth to mask the laugh. Then he saw that he was paired with some girl named Emily. A slight frown went across his face- he actually made a friend here and now she was being taken away. Noticing Mona's slight frown, he made his own. He didn't even remember Emily's archetype or appearance. He just hoped at Emily could find him and not judge how he dressed or acted.

Will
Will paused a bit and her abruptness and frowned slightly. before he gave a slight nod "Alright then let's go I want to try and get one of the good rooms before they're all taken." He starts walking with her over to the boys cabin. He walks inside and slowly whistles at the decor. he softly drops his bag on one the bed and just looks around in awe "damn..this is by far the nicest room I've ever stayed in..and its completely separate from the other guys with its own bathroom as well? damn I figured it would be a public bathroom or something like that but I guess we really are getting the royal treatment" He pauses and looks over at her "ok..it's clear to me your not completely in this game for love no offense but it was easy to tell. I'm in it for 50 50 I want to find love but I want to win as well. If your not in it for that that's up to you as long as we work together and we continue to do well I won't have any issues and if something does spark between us..well then we'll deal with that when the time comes sound good to you?"
Justin
Justin smiled at her as she started to dance away from him. He couldn't help but chuckle and gave her a quick thumbs up back. He smiled and walked to the guys cabin and quickly claimed one of the rooms that was closest to the beach. The crashing of the waves helped him relax and would definitely help him go to sleep at night. He was extremely happy to have been paired with Sierra. The two had only just met but he felt that they already had a strong connection and hey who knows maybe love will come from it. He smiled again and started humming a rhythm to himself as he quickly unpacked and then went back to the main hall to wait for Sierra to come back.

3446_Tropical_Resort_Kata_Beach.jpg

As Lizzy saw most of the girls heading over to the bedrooms, she had the same idea as them.

"I'll be back a-as soon as I unpack, okay?" With that Lizzy grabbed her bag and started to looking for Sierra Rose, seeing as she was still a bit worried about from before. On her way, Lizzy saw the rooms, they looked so pretty and the beds were huge! Lizzy was glad she brought some of her posters and figures to make them more homey to her. When Lizzy got to Sierra Rose, she gave her arm a tap.

"H-hello again Sierra Rose, would y-you like to find rooms close to one another? If you don't thats okay, I was just wondering is all."

Sebastian
@Zarko Straadi

Taking Imojen's hand, he gave her hand a shake, wondering whether or not he should take what she said to be an insult or not. He also wondered what else she meant by that statement, but decided that it wasn't worth pursuing at the moment. "I'm glad you like them, all too often I have to listen to snide remarks about how I should 'realize how stupid I must look.' Luckily, I have plenty of self-confidence to not be upset by such petty remarks." While he spoke, he took a pointed glare at Korrey, indicating he had heard the red head's opinion of his body modifications and didn't take too kindly to them. Upon seeing a majority of the other girls head off to their dorms, Sebastian decided he should do the same and unpack, or at least get his stuff ready to unpack, before the next challenge. "So, shall we meet back here later once we've situated ourselves in our selective rooms? I'm sure that you don't want to be stuck holding all of your luggage and lil' Myakiznak while we do the next challenge, am I right?" Sebastian kept the smile on his face, having decided to leave gathering information on his partner until after the first challenge, maybe even tomorrow. He was still hoping that she was in it for the money, but even if she was in it for the love, that could make her easily manipulated if he could make himself the one she fell for. Already he knew that she seemed to be attracted to those who stray from the norm, something he could definitely fake if he decided to go that route, but for now, just play nice and play fair.

He grabbed his luggage and headed over to his room, taking a second to marvel at the opulence of their lodgings, no expense seemed to have been paid for them. Once he entered his room, he just laid his luggage near the bed and returned to the main hall to wait for Imojen, unpacking could be done later, he was eager to get this challenge done with as soon as possible.

Korrey

Korrey waved Lizzy off as she went over with the rest girls to their rooms, only able to give Sebastian the smallest of shrugs as the other boy glared at him, he called them as he saw them and he saw the guy's bedazzle face as one of the stupidest things someone could have done to themselves. Seeing as how their was no need for him to stay in the hall any more, he headed toward the boy's dorm, waving bye to Imojen as he went. Upon entering said establishment, Korrey shrugged, giving it a solid four out of five. It was fancy for sure, but he had seen much better and cooler from some of the places his mom had taken him for her work, so unless this place had something that could top a room full of solid gold everything, it wasn't getting a wow out of him.

He walked into his room, tossed his luggege onto the bed, opened it up, gave Monty a few snacks for being a good boy for once, and then went back to the Main Hall to wait for Lizzy to arrive.