The game of Love or Run!

|||Aria|||
Aria looked up as the host started talking. She was actually happy she could cook for herself, she just hoped she didn't have to share. If she had to try and share with any of the girls. But they would probably do housing with your pair, to bond or something or other. She let out a soft sigh and she looked back at Andrew and smiled. "Maybe we can talk a little later." She said softly, waving before she followed the host into the room. She walked over to one of the tables silently and she sat down, letting out a soft sigh. She looked over and saw someone else choosing to sit close and up front (Will) and she offered a soft smile.

|||Alex|||
Alex huffed as the host walked off, and she followed. She brushed past Sierra with little care, nothing but a stony expression solidified on her face. She looked up at Chris and followed him towards the hotel. the hotel was sure expensive looking, but it was nothing new to her. She was an heir, and wealthy, she didn't need more money. She sighed and sat at a table next to Aria, saying nothing.

"Oh- I guess we're supposed to follow that dude," he noticed. Lamont looked towards where Will and the host were walking. He turned back to the girl he was talking to. Without sounding like an idiot, he asked a question: "Do you wanna walk together? .. or? I hate walking my myself." He rubbed his arm in embarrassment, a common habit of him. He did not want to sound like a hopeless romantic. He didn't have a crush on the girl, he just found her cool and nice to talk to. Lamont ever liked the whole 'talking to someone of another gender means you are dating' stereotype. It annoyed the heck out of him. Meanwhile, he was also very nervous, but yet excited, about who his partner would be. Would that person try to make him manly like some of the other males?

Mona Fiorella Voclain.

Mona chuckled at Lamont's response, her usual outgoing self coming out. "Between you and me, this is probably going to be a /really/ weird experience." She nodded slowly and raised her head while looking around. With a small whisper, she added, "I just hope my partner isn't secretly some crazy and obsessive murderer or something. I mean, what are the odds of that on a secluded island?" Mona's eyebrows furrowed for added affect, but the statement lost its paranoia when she started giggling. Suddenly, out of the corner of her eye she saw Chris walking off towards the actual islands. The Parisian turned back towards Lamont and was going to wish him luck, but the question stopped her.

She contemplated catching up to Chris and asking him about what to expect, but Mona grinned and nodded with confidence. "Yeah! I don't like seeming like a loner, anyways." She ran her fingers through her lightly-hued hair and nudged her head towards the path before grasping her luggage and walking along. Behind her she sighted a new boy with bright orange hair, who she figured was the contestant everyone was waiting on. There was a part of Mona that was incredibly excited to find out how she could cruise through this show, and there was a part that was incredibly scared to find out who she'd be partnered with.

When Mona entered the room, she admired the looks of it. She turned back and smiled at Lamont, before settling into a chair near the back that resembled a throne.

( Current outfit: HERE. )

Lamont walked beside Mona, and when he walked in he looked around for a seat. I should just sit by someone who I kind of know. He sat in a chair beside Mona, but he was so short that he needed to climb. Once upon the chair, he sighed. "So... uh... what's your name again?" Lamont didn't exactly have the best memory, but he commonly liked making friends that didn't hate him. He crossed his legs so then people would not look up his skirt, and looked back at Mona.

Mona Fiorella Voclain.

Mona blinked at looked back at Lamont, her hands on her fluffed skirt. "I'm Mona." she responded while snuggling into the arm of the chair. The comfort of soft furniture felt amazing on her stiff back after being stuck on a boat for hours. Her head tilted as she said, "You're Lamont, right? You have a great fashion sense." Mona felt like melting into the throne and just sleeping. She briefly hoped that maybe she'd wake up back home, but she wanted the money and glory of winning more than a King-sized bed.

Sebastian

Sebastian was walking over to talk with Alex when the fight broke out between the dancer and another girl. Simce the dancer didn't seem like the tyoe to start anything unprovoked, Sebastian figured it must have been the other girl and he could easily guess the reason why. 'We haven't even started and already tensions are rising.' Then, the last contestant came and Chris told them all to head to the main hall. 'Finally, I'll get to see who I'm paired with.' He hoped it would be one of the players, but failing at that he wanted to avoid Alex as a partner. She was too prideful and stubborn, from what he could tell so far, to be manipulated in any way. Whoever he was paired with, he would make the best of it. With that in mind, he followed Chris towards the main hall, itching in anticipation. The games had finally begun. He saw Mona talking with Lamont, and decided to sit on the other side of her. He didn't say anything, just gave them both a nod of acknowledgement, then went back to scanning his fellow contestants.

Korrey

"Uh, she really just helps famous people take care of their exotic pets because they can't think through their decisions past 'oh wouldn't it be cool to have a lion'. She also just helps places that have a lot of animals with maintenance. And yeah, animals are so much easier to deal with the stars." Korrey said with a laugh. When the fight broke out, he was about to intervene, but it seemed to resolve itself easily enough. Then Chris called them to the Main Hall, so he began walking towards the hall, hopefully with Lizzy and Imojen following him, and taking a chair. He looked towards the two, then motioned towards the chairs next to him with a slightly hopeful look in his eyes. Monty, who hadn't had enough petting, was also giving them bunny eye's, as if to say 'Pet me some more, please'.

Chris
Chris smiled as the last boy finally made it off the boat. He then turned to the cameras and smiled but before he could talk the little argument between Sierra and Lili broke out which only made him chuckle "And that folks is all of our contestants. And as you can see things are already getting extremely heated so without a moment to waste Contestants! please follow me up to the main lodge where I will explain the rules, the housing conditions, and the pairings!" He turned on his heel and began walking up the docks as he called over his shoulder to them "Your all on your own now! there will be no one to take care of you except when it comes to your meals otherwise you do everything yourself so don't be expecting anyone to be coming to wait on your every need!" He chuckled as he made his way into the main hall. There were several long tables set up and a large TV was set up at the front of the all that was just waiting to be turned on. Chris walked over to the TV and turned to the contestants that would have followed him up. "everyone take a seat and we can get started right away because I know how eager you all are to get things started!"
Will
Will chuckled again at Justin's predicament. oh he did not envy him he was caught between a rock and a hard place with these two girls and it was only going to get more interesting as the show continued. He was about to say something when Chris made his big announcement to follow him up to the main hall. He quickly grabbed his bag and followed Chris up the gangplank towards the hotel that would be their home for however long the game continued. He slowly looked around in awe for while he had been to many nice hotels before this one was by far the most exotic and most extravagant one he had ever seen. He walked into the main hall and sat at one of the tables near the front so he could hear Chris better.
Justin
Justin watched the two girls and sighed. He jumped a bit when Chris made his announcement and nodded to himself. He grabbed his bag and then looked over at Sierra who was thinking to herself by the edge of the dock. He walked over to her and patted her shoulder gently "Hey Sierra..don't let those guys get you down. Your here to enjoy yourself right? come on let's go up with the others. If you cheer up I'll lay down another beat for you later" He smiled gently and gave a light pull on her arm to get her moving again as he waited for her to come with him.​
Leo simply took a seat at one of the tables, his eyes finding the TV, and he watched it, waiting for Chris to start whatever he was going to be showing them. He wasn't sure how he felt about all this so far. Atleast the food here is free, he thought to himself with a slight shrug, his thoughts wandering, as he looked around at the others in the room, trying to figure out what they were supposed to be. He looked down, thinking, pulling a book out of his bag, beginning to read.​

Andrew, turquoise
Uh-oh, is that a blow-off? Well, even if it is, I'm not here t' find a girlfriend. All these girls are from other countries anyway. I can't even afford to visit 'em, except that French girl, as if she'd want me to, Andrew thought. In fact, now that he did think of that, he decided it wouldn't even be right to get some girl to love him, and then just be gone from her life when the show was over, with no prospect of a reunion in sight. So it's time t' stop thinkin' about girls, an' start thinin' about how I'm gonna win the money. And what I'm gonna do if I don't. Looking around, he could see a couple guys who already had two girls in their orbit. So if being a ladies' man had anything to do with winning, he was already outclassed. Maybe if this doesn't work, I can do one of those Kickstarter things? If I can get popular enough with the TV audience? He was pulled from his thoughts by the host calling everyone to order and leading them to the hotel.

He took a seat next to the MMA fighter girl, and gave her a nod of acknowledgment. She looked so aloof and cool that it seemed her breath ought to be freezing out of the air. But that was OK. Now that he wasn't 'trying to start a romance,' it was gonna get a lot easier to deal with the girls.

Imojen, maroon
Imojen shook her head with a wry smirk when Korrey brought up the idea of people with more money than sense getting a lion because it was 'cool.' "I bet it's tempting for her sometimes to go, 'OK, if you want to bond with your new lion, just put on this Lady Gaga Filet Mignon dress and go give him a hug. I'll just watch and coach you from outside the fence, OK?"

She smiled at Lizzy's comment about becoming a librarian, and the happy look on her face when she mentally wandered off into that dream. "So, would you like it to be a great big library, like the Library of Congress, or a cozy local library where you'd know everybody?" she asked as she dropped herself into a seat next to Korrey and gave Monty a pet.

Chris had called them to the main hall, so Lizzy followed Korrey and Imojen there. Taking a seat next Monty, which meant next to Korrey. When Imojen asked what kind of library she would like to work at, Lizzy really thought of that quite yet. Where would she prefer to work?

"I never thought of it before. Maybe a happy middle? Like its big enough to have all the books I could ever want, but small enough that I know who come in. Do you like that Monty? what a sweet bunny you are. Are you guys as nervous about who your partner is as me?" Lizzy had no idea who would be stuck with her, all she hoped was that they could work well together.

Sierra rolled her eyes when the Host, Chris talked about how things got heated between her and the small chick who was bossy. She grinded her teeth as she rubbed her hands together and lowered her head as she silently hope, things would get better. When she felt a gentle tap upon her shoulder she peeked under her arm to Justin smiling. She sighed heavily. She was there to enjoy herself, she just wanted everyone to be happy and excited to be pumped.
She thought silently to herself, I guess I can't make everyone happy… And she lifted her head up now and smiled warmly to Justin as she welcomed his offer of 'laying down another beat for her' and said, "Alright you win. But I'll hold ya to ya word." She laughed ligthly, as he gently tug her on, to walk along with him. She adjusted her backpack on her opposite shoulder, where she turned and walked beside Justin, and she hid a smirk as she 'playfully' booty popped him.

Once they got to the main hall she took a spot, near the middle of the row to give her some space with the other contestants who where up front. She looked up to Justin and patted a seat behind her. She had the bench between her legs as she faced toward Chris, as she slid her pack down to set it infront of her so it wouldn't be in the way. When Justin would sit down he's be facing her back.

Emily, cyan
Emily saw everyone was leaving the docks and looked over at Johnny. "It was nice meeting you. I gotta go now. Bye!" She said before she grabbed the handle of her luggage on wheels and put on strap of her backpack on. She waved bye before she left the docks and head toward the main hall where everyone else was heading. All of the mischievous thoughts she had earlier gone. Emily was smiling happily again, her eyes shining brightly. She hoped that she could make some friends here. Emily held onto that thought for a few minutes before another one entered her mind. Maybe I can at least find love if I can't win the money. After all, money can't buy love. She thought. Emily put her earphones in her ears and hummed to the song, forgetting all the negative stuff.

When Emily got there she sat in a random spot, her luggage in front of her where she could keep an eye on it. Her gaze shifted from her luggage to those around her in curiosity.

Jason, red
Jason noticed that everyone was leaving the docks and became curious. He shrugged and decided he better follow them, wherever they were heading. He put the black strap of his duffel bag around his body then grabbed his small backpack and flung it over his other shoulder. Before he started walking her felt movement in his bag and looked down at it. He unzipped the bag and a black cat jumped out, scary the heck out of Jason. "What the hell?! How long have you been in there, Shadow?" He questioned the cat. The cat was a stray that had been following Jason since two weeks ago. He decided to name him Shadow and would bring him some leftovers from the fridge. Jason sighed and put his arms out. Shadow leaped into his arms. Jason sighed softly then began laughing a little. "You crazy feline." He said and the cat purred happily. Jason petted Shadow as he followed the others off the docks.

When Jason reached the main hall he looked around before he sat in some random seat. He put his luggage down in front of him and placed Shadow on his lap.

Lamont instantly blushed at the nice girl's comment about his clothing, and did the stupid arm rubbing thing again. "Thank you- you to. You look like you just walked out of the Queen's royal... uh... closet? Is that a thing?" He laughed his bad attempt at humour, never the less he stopped trying. Lamont, don't get too attached. This is life: the place where you are going to be paired with a person who will hate your guts and soul and the person who seems nice will find someone better. Man up Lamont. Man up.

Mona Fiorella Voclain.

When Mona felt the chair dip beside her, she noticed Sebastian and gave him a small wave. He went back to glancing over everyone, with narrowed eyes and she started to understand /why/ other people found them intimidating. 'Dommage intimidation ne dure pas longtemps. Je vais devoir penser à autre chose. (Too bad intimidation doesn't last for long. I'll have to think of something else.)' She thought with a poker face. At one point, Mona would obviously have to just dive right in and try to befriend everyone but she'd prefer to eavesdrop. It was obvious most of the other contestants wouldn't be to open to talking to her, especially after she had started talking to Sebastian.

Her attention returned back to Lamont and she laughed at his response. "Sure," she said in between chuckles. "It's where the Queen of England goes when she isn't ruling a country." The compliment made her smile, but it wasn't anything new. Looking like someone who walked straight out of Vogue was one of her top priorities, besides learning her next ballet routine or sleeping.

Lili
She looks at the girl screaming at her. "Come at me, I'd love to fight you and your little rotten sole" Her face has a big smile on it. More like a creepy little doll face that you know it looks like a children's toy but yet they can be so deadly. She flips her pink hair in back of her and jumps off the tip of the docks edge and faces the girl.

(Sorry i haven't been on all weekend! Im here doe)

An announcement went through the atmosphere once again and Johnny was a bit startled, seeing that he had already relaxed a little talking to Emily. She had asked him if he was good at playing instruments and time somewhat got stuck there to her question. He didn't like evaluating himself now that he knew someone had the same talent as him. The freerunner just sort of shrugged to the question, as if doubting his own capabilities.He had no idea why she asked, but he would rather have her see for herself later on when he gets the chance. Then as he was about to answer, Emily left off, leaving him slightly confused at the action. But right, he has to follow suit and get the game started.

So he lugged behind the crowd as Chris led the way to the Hall. He marveled at the sight and its classiness, reminding him of an expensive hotel of some sort. Everything, or rather almost everything was shiny and he was careful not to touch anything. Note to self: this is not the best place to train. He kept his hands in his pockets, but since this is his first time in this kind of place, he sort of had his head up too high in observing the details on the finely painted ceilings that one of the free straps of his duffel bag got caught in one of the angel figurines of a nearby table.

The screeching of the expensive item against the table as it was dragged to the edge caught the freerunner's attention, and he made a swift turn to catch the golden cherubim before it even touched the ground. He panted at this, breaking a cold sweat, and he sighed in relief. Now is so not the time to be careless, dammit!

Holding the cherubim carefully in his hands as he inspected it for damage, he wiped it with his sleeve before placing it back on the table and taking a couple of steps away from it as he listened to Chris.

Last edited:
Surprised at the girl's reaction, Lamont was forced to giggle a bit. At least he made someone laugh. Goal complete. "You look like you just came out of those fancy expensive fashion magazines. I look like I came out of a cave and was forced to wear scraps of burning fabric." Lamont didn't commonly make himself look bad or lower his self esteem, but he knew that this girl was way better himself. It's better to bring yourself down a bit to bring up another than to bring someone down to bring yourself up.

Mona Fiorella Voclain.

A playful pout made its way to Mona's lightly glossed lips and she patted the available space on the cushion near here. "Awh, don't be like that." She gave Lamont a small grin and added on, "You look better than half of the girls here combined." Mona had to hide a cackle at that, but most of her was speaking what she thought was true. Her laughter became slightly louder when she saw a contestant (Johnny, his name was?) only a feather away from destroying a golden statue of an angel that looked eerily similar to a few statues her mother had placed around their mansion.

With a stretch of her arms and legs that couldn't even reach the ground beneath her, Mona nestled against the furniture and mumbled, "I just want to find out who I'm being paired with."

Like he normally would, Lamont blushed at the nice comment of the girl. "Thanks..." A tiny little smile went on his face, he cheeks becoming as red as... well... something very red. He didn't mind being compared to the females. Upon the remark about the partners, he replied, "Same. He needs to hurry it up. I just want to meet my stupid partner. End of story." He didn't notice what Mona seemed to be laughing at in the distance.

Mona Fiorella Voclain.

"Amen to that." Mona responded in agreement, passive but eager periwinkle eyes looking expectantly at the host. She wasn't paying enough attention to realize what they were waiting on, so she continued her conversation with Lamont. "This island seems too good to be true," the French girl started. "Something might go wrong. Like, a rattle-snake infestation or some other type of creepy bug domination." The thought of a spider crawling all over her belongings made her visibly cringe as she tried to shake off the thought before it bothered her too much.

Mona puffed out her cheeks lazily, turning her head towards Sebastian for a few moments. "You're chatty." she said while a smile tugged on the edges of her pouty lips. "Still scoping things out?"

Chris
Chris looked over at the young boy named Johnny who nearly broke one of the angel statues that was sitting on one of the tables. He narrowed his eyes slightly and grumbled under his breath before he put on his charming smile again and turned to the young contestants and clapped his hands "ok first order of business I will say this. The hotel/resort is very expensive and we want to keep it in good condition so you break it you buy it" He shot a warning glance at Johnny and then smiled again "Now to explain the rules. I have overheard some of you talking as if this were like the game show Survivor well I am going to tell you that is not the case. In this game no one is voted of nor does anyone go home this game is judged on a point system value. We have a select panel of judges who are constantly monitoring the game, they will keep an eye out for cheating, and any other things yet they will also be conducting research on compatibility and teamwork. After each challenge the winning team will receive a set amount of points and each team afterwards will receive points of a lower value depending on the place the took. However there will be bonus points awarded to the teams that showed the best teamwork which will be decided by the Judges. I warn you though If you are caught cheating in any way you will not only be disqualified from that challenge but you will lose points depending on the severity of your cheating. Now as you can see there are two housing units set up outside this main hall. The left unit will be for the boys and the right unit for the girls. You are welcome to use any of the facilities in the resort as much as you wish for no charge. There are game rooms, spas, swimming pools and all other kinds of things. You will not be required to cook your own meals for we have an extensive crew of chef's waiting to give you their best dishes. You are however responsible for your own laundry and other things of the like. Every day you will report here for your challenge if you or your partner does not show up for the challenge briefing you will be disqualified however no points will be deducted. Now some of you might be wondering what if we get tired of this and choose to go home? good question behind me there is a phone that is connected to the boat that brought you here. If you ever wish to withdraw from the competition you only need to pick up the phone and request to go home. If your partner does decide to drop out from the game you will not be forced to leave with them however you will be instead partnered into a group of three that will be decided by the judges. Now for the moment you've all been waiting for as I'm sure you have you will now discover the partners you have been paired with. The tv behind me is connected to a computer which will randomly select your partners as soon as I turn it on the teams will be selected. After the teams have been selected you will have one hour to get to know your partner a bit more and get settled in after that your first challenge will begin. Now lets find out the partners!!" He turns and flicks the tv on and a screen with all the contestants faces are shown appear. The images start shuffling around the screen for what seemed like ages before they finally stopped shuffling "and we have our partners! team one will be Jaelyn and Jason Lacross! team two Elisabeth Baker and Korey McCarthy! team three May-linn Halson and Johnny Caelan Meldryk! team 4 Aria Macantosh and Leo Lance! team 5 Lili Benson and Kole Kitzman! team 6 Mona Fiorella Voclain and Will Treaty! team 7 Alex Cross and Andrew MacCallister! Team 8 Emily Loveless and Lamont Justice! team 9 Imojen Delaney and Sebastian Lyone! and team 10 will be Sierra Rose and Justin Miles! you now know your teams your one hour starts now!" With that he turned the TV off and walked down the hall and out of sight.
Will Treaty
Will sat on the edge of his seat as he listened to Chris explain the rules of the game. There sure were quite a few of them he thought but hey it would only make the game more interesting. As the pairs started getting read off he looked over at each one individually to try and gauge their compatibility and their competitivness. When he heard he was paired with Mona a part of him grinned and a part of him winced. The girl seemed nice so far but that was just what she had been willing to show. So far he hadn't been able to get a good read on her but only time would tell what she was truly like and if they were compatible in any way. As soon as Chris walked out Will jumped to his feet and walked over to Mona and gave her his best smile "looks like you and I are partners throughout this little game"
Justin Miles
Justin smiled and gently sat down behind Sierra the bench between his legs just like she was sitting he leaned his elbow against the table and looked over at Chris intently as he explained the rules. It seemed pretty simple enough. Do your best to win, use good team work and don't cheat and you'll be fine. When the pairs were read off he felt his stomach tighten in nervousness. However all that nervousness went away when he saw he was paired with Sierra. He smiled and started laughing and hugged her from behind "haha! look at that Sierra! we're partners! I wasn''t expecting this at all haha!"