The Game Goes ON - MCU RP (Post Endgame (So Spoilers!))

Camleen

I'm going to be my own kind of princess
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
In no particular order: Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Modern, Magical, Romance, anime, comic books, cartoons, video games..
aTmO2Tv.jpg

On April 27th, 2018 The Mad Titan named Thanos fulfilled his life's mission. It was a snap not heard but felt throughout the universe. It was felt as a sudden death for half of all life ; grief and chaos befell the other. The survivors were not comforted by the years after wherein nature was revitalized.

Five years passed, and there was another Snap which brought back all who were lost; and The Universe rejoiced.

On Earth something else happened as a consequence of it being the nexus of three uses of The Infinity Stones. The stones had granted powers to humans in the past, and when used in concert on a grand scale such a thing was inevitable as their energies washed over the globe and out to the rest of the universe. Some saw instantly they had been enhanced; others would not know until they became parents to truly gifted children.

The Earth was by then no stranger to these fantastical beings. They raised many of the same questions as those centered on The Avengers, and newer more uncomfortable points of if they need to be regulated, and how that should be done. The Sokovia Accords needed to be revised and expanded.

This is the story of the individuals faced with the choice of accepting these new Accords, or rejecting them.​

So this is the basic premise. The RP starts 4 years after the 'Rebirth', when the universe was restored thanks to the efforts of Earth's Avengers. There will be multiple groups in play, some pro-Accords and some opposed to it. One of the main groups will be one helping those superpowered beings evade the enforcers of the Accords. It will be based in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, with an additional component: Mutants. Humans who have had their DNA mutated or a mutant gene activated through the 'snap'. We have a number of plots we could go through.. I mean we have practically the whole of the Marvel universe to play with. But the struggle and oppression of those with powers will be an overarching idea.
Players are allowed two characters, (1) Canon and (1) Original Character or both can be either.

Infinity War (IW) refers to the period of time between Thanos snapping half the universe out of existence to his final death.

Pre-IW characters are people who were alive and had their powers before those events.
Post-IW characters can have been alive prior but did not have their powers.

Canon and Originals can be either of these, with this stipulation.
  • If claiming a Pre-IW character you will have to work with us to best explain what they were doing in the lead-up to those events why they did not participate or were mentioned. Please note we won't accept that someone like Doctor Doom "Just didn't feel like getting involved and did his own private thing until now he just feels like it."
If claiming a Post-IW character they can be of any age from teenager and up.

In short we want to give everyone the opportunity to play a character canon to the Marvel Comics universe in the MCU, or an original character with elements of what is partially canon to the MCU. But we don't want overpowered or overplayed characters to bog down the narrative.

Questions? Please let us know! We very much look forward to crafting this story with you!

Last edited:
Very interested in playing Marrow :)

Interested but not sure yet of who I would want to play.

I will be playing two OCs! One bonded with a symbiote and another named Warbird(not a Carol Dancers alternate)

Okay gaining momentum! We're looking for about 10 players all together. Once we get a few more to get on board I'll post our view of what this world looks like now. Where important figures are and groups and all. Once we get more interested I'll also put up the CS template.

And if you do want to get on board...keep in mind we have kind of strict posting guidelines. At least a meaningful paragraph or two..at least once a week. Twice is ideal though.

So post what character you wanna play once you figure it out, and we'll yay or nay it! There are going to be some npc's we want to reserve, but that's not 100% yet. Thus far we have:
Captain Marvel
Marrow
2 OC's from @Ms.Ezra (I know who they are!)

So come along for this magic mystery ride! We're putting together an epic long term story!

Last edited:
@MrStoryTeller Heya! any thoughts about who you might want to play yet? Want to PM it to me?

Count me in. I'll go for a OC, who is a Wakandan operative, specifically one of the War Dogs that serve the Kingdom overseas.

Last edited:
@Camleen A couple of questions: (1) Are players allowed to play as villains, specifically canon villains? And (2), can canon villains be reimagined as heroes?

Villains will be tricky. Since most, if not all, other players will be on the anti-accords/fight for justice thing. But let me hear which villain you had in mind. Maybe we can come up with something. Or... a villain could be your choice for a second character?
And yes, villains as heroes is cool here

@MrStoryTeller Heya! any thoughts about who you might want to play yet? Want to PM it to me?
I am unsure at the moment. Debating on doing an OC character or making taking on an X-men character possibly.

It should be mentioned there are no xmen in this world yet. When I get home I'll post a list of organizations and all.

Reactions: Nomad-22
So here's a quick rundown as to where some people and organizations are in this universe. It's just a basic outline, but gives you an idea of the mindset of our world. Please ask questions if you have 'em!

Magneto - A mysterious man labeled a terrorist for using his magnetic powers outside the Sokovia Accords, and head of The Brotherhood of Mutants.

Charles Xavier - Genetics expert, came from old English money and used that to fund his research, parlayed that into more with developments in gene therapy. Telepathic before the snap. Is the CEO of Xavier Genetics. Helped Tony cure Pepper of the Extremis.

New UN with SHIELD working with them as before, and Avengers still working under Sokovia Accords but they have since been revised to allow more autonomy in light of their service during the Infinity War.

SHIELD has, for the most part, been rebuilt from the ground up. Nick Fury is the director, with Maria Hill as his second. The board of directors have been completely replaced with candidates from all UN members, vetted personally by Fury and Hill. The board will have 5 members. SHIELD has a recurring contract with Stark Industries.

New Asgard, now under the lead of Queen Valkyrie. A fishing town in Norway where the Asgardians live a seeming normal life. It becomes a sanctuary for aliens of all races.

Genosha. A thriving small island off the eastern coast of Africa in the Indian Ocean. Once a neutral nation in world politics, foreigners have taken positions of power in the government and has slowly evolved Genosha into a mutant enslaving/exterminating land. This is not publicly known. They have advanced technology (Hammer Industries, Stark Industries (secretly) and stolen alien technology) which they use to eliminate the most dangerous mutants. Mutants born in Genosha (all citizens are tested) are enslaved and controlled. They are made 'mutates', their free will stolen away. The government of Genosha (ironically) use mutants in order to do this. Specifically mutants that are capable of deactivating powers (of both mutants and not), and mutants capable of stripping free will. They also have the ability to augment powers to make the slaves more useful for needed labor.

The Thunderbolts
Elite group of enforcement officers. Trained to combat dangerous powered beings using advanced tactics and technology. The group acts as a high speed interceptor unit when the local police or armed forces are unable to handle a situation involving powered beings. They have countermeasures and tactics for many of the more well known beings on Earth. The members of this group truly believe they are doing what's best to keep the people of the Earth safe, especially after Decimation.

Superhuman Liberties Union (SLU). A political group gaining in popularity over the last few years. They are one of many groups that work for the freedoms of 'enhanced' beings. They believe all enhanced beings are being wrongly persecuted because of the acts of a few and the Accords. While most of their work is done publicly, there is also a faction within the group that works clandestine to help those enhanced beings that are or might be in danger.
This group isn't the only anti-accords group, but it is the most popular. And most scrutinized.

World Protection League. A group headed by AJ Collode. They are staunch supporters of the Accords and see every enhanced being as a danger to humanity. Are often extreme in their views.

So a little update! We intend to have some mini-RP's starting for those that are interested. And then when we get more people, we'll all come together. As suggested by @Ms.Ezra, kind of like the MCU in actuality. First smaller movies, then all coming together. So tomorrow I'll do my best to get a CS and more info out to you!

Reactions: Nomad-22
It should be mentioned there are no xmen in this world yet. When I get home I'll post a list of organizations and all.
Well alrighty then lol. I'll try to think of something else I suppose.

No no, hold on there. I said 'yet'. Maybe they don't exist in a traditional sense, but they could exist in another form. Or maybe the characters in the RP could start to establish the new group of X-Men. A group of mutants that are banded together under the banner of working for equality. I mean we got free rein here. Let's come up with something awesome!

Addendum: While in the shower I had a thought (it seems to be where I do my best thinking). The RP was intended to be centered around the anti-accords group/resistance. The group is meant to be a sort of underground railroad. Helping those that are oppressed to get to a better place or live better and free. So what if one of the secret divisions of the resistance is the X-Men? A group that center wholly on mutants. The whole resistance group will help mutants too, but it will be the X-Men's specialty. A mutant task force, working in secret. Since if these secret groups were found out, the resistance would lose political influence and public opinion.
Thoughts?

Last edited:
I would think a few nefarious mutant/superpowered groups would also be organizing and moving (committing acts of terror?) against the Accords. This would muddy the water as to which anti-Accord groups have good intentions, and which ones don't. Thereby strengthening the pro-Accord sentiments of the general public.

Absolutely! There are a number of npc groups now on both sides of it

No no, hold on there. I said 'yet'. Maybe they don't exist in a traditional sense, but they could exist in another form. Or maybe the characters in the RP could start to establish the new group of X-Men. A group of mutants that are banded together under the banner of working for equality. I mean we got free rein here. Let's come up with something awesome!

Addendum: While in the shower I had a thought (it seems to be where I do my best thinking). The RP was intended to be centered around the anti-accords group/resistance. The group is meant to be a sort of underground railroad. Helping those that are oppressed to get to a better place or live better and free. So what if one of the secret divisions of the resistance is the X-Men? A group that center wholly on mutants. The whole resistance group will help mutants too, but it will be the X-Men's specialty. A mutant task force, working in secret. Since if these secret groups were found out, the resistance would lose political influence and public opinion.
Thoughts?
PM me sometime and we can talk about this, maybe build on it.
I have a possible idea to build on what you said.

So a quick rundown!
We have myself, @Ms.Ezra, @Nomad-22, @Not_Amy and @MrStoryTeller who are IN!
@Bone2pick and @Soverign are tenatively in!
So that's 6 players! I'd like just a couple more... but I thin we can do this RP!!

Addendum! Adding the CS template! Please fill out and post your characters here, and if we have issue with them we will contact you in PM! Show off a little for your future partners in story telling!

Birthdate:
Height:
Weight:
Meta-abilities:
Weaknesses:
Skills:
Equipment:

Brief Bio:

Appearance (written (very detailed!) and/or pic. Face claim must be of an actual person!):

Last edited: