The Future is in your paws

((Heh, I'm known as the shameless bastard... Maybe that should be my new title. xD))

Conatum suddenly felt embarrassed. He was lost in the thought of Manx he forgot the game they just killed. He gently scooted away from her side, picking up both the birds in his mouth, then ran back to his original place, walking slowly so she would be able to keep up with the bad shoulder.
Conatum's mind was somewhere else as they walked, he could only imagine what him and Manx would be like together. Something about her just made him feel whole inside, and as much as he would hate to admit it, Naomi never did fill that emptiness. She was, in fact, his friend from very young childhood, but she never met a mate's expectations, only a life time friend's.

((LOL I'd die laughing. I'll ban you from my funeral xD))

Manx ambled along quietly, feeling slightly out of place since she didn't have any of the birds to carry. But a thought came to her head. Where was the healer? She was never far behind when Conatum was out somewhere. Either that or she was in the village. But she wasn't there when she left to come into the forest to hunt.

"Where's your shadow?" she asked. Well, Conatum was more of Naomi's shadow since he was always guarding her. It made Manx wonder what it would be like to have someone who would go out of their way to shield her. Admittedly, it would come to irritate her from time to time but it would be a rather nice feeling.

((Well then, I guess I'm banned from your funeral.. xD -Points to text under avvie-))

Conatum's thoughts broke like glass when he heard Manx speak again. "Umm, I honestly do not know.." Then he realized there would be a problem. Naomi was the packs only healer at the moment, and without her in sight, much less in scent, who would help Manx with her shoulder? He shook off the feeling, and decided the only way to get Naomi was to call her to him, which he hadn't done in such a long time.
When they reached the camp, Conatum offered his den to Manx, as it was also the Healer's. He sat outside the den and cleared his throat. After a short silence of listening to nature, he let out a light howl. Then, louder, he began vocalizing softly, his singing echoing against the forest.

((xD I guess I did my good deed today :P Wonder when you'll rhyme))

Manx was grateful for not having to limp all the way back to her own den. Her entrance was low and required her to put a lot of pressure on her shoulders to get in or out. Maybe she should look into that matter after her left shoulder decided to cooperate again. Once inside, she deliberated on her next course of action. She lay down carefully, rolling to lay on her right side, trying vainly not to jar her left shoulder. The pain was inevitable. Falling out of a tree wasn't in the plans for wolves by the gods and when they fell from tall heights, it was bound to tell on a wolf. Manx grimaced and let her head flop to the ground with a huff, eyes closing tightly as if to ward off the lingering ache. She had hit the ground hard, despite bracing herself for the impact. After all, she wasn't a cat so landing on her feet was a fallacy in the gods' eyes. If the falcon hadn't attacked, she would have fallen anyway, but not as hard because of the tuck and roll maneuver she used so often. But it did, attack and brought a friend. If it hadn't been for Conatum, she would have made it back, but with worse than a hurt shoulder.

She knew that Conatum never came inside, probably going out to find Naomi. Personally, she thought Naomi was one lucky girl.

Manx started at the sudden, unfamiliar sound. She lay up, completely disregarding her shoulder and gritting her teeth against the injury. Could there have been another stranger in the camp? She gave pause when she saw it was only Conatum. Manx rolled her eyes at herself and gracelessly flopped to her right side. Well, it looked as if they were going to wait for the lady healer instead. The gray wolf closed her eyes and relaxed most of her tense muscles, but still remained at the ready to move out should she need to.

Then, a song rose into nature's arms. A...song? Manx rolled her head upward to look at Conatum from an odd angle. He was a 'singing' wolf? Back in her old tribe, it was said that one would only come across such a wolf once in a lifetime, if ever. They were so rare...

She narrowed her eyes to listen to the song, peering through the slits to watch him. The son was beautiful, as expected from his kind. The shock was still almost palpable, and she barely blinked. She was actually seeing one.

Naomi was listening intently on the Alpha's conversation when she heard a far too familiar sound in the distance. She hadn't heard it since the incident, but it could only mean Conatum needed help. There was no way out of this, either she be seen by the Alpha and Gowron and suffer the consequences, or she stay in hiding and risk Conatum's health. Naomi had to think quickly, before his call had stopped. Backing out of the bushes, still unseen, she hid behind a large oak. Despite her looks, she wasn't nearly as swift or sneaky as a fox.
Swish.

Naomi's mind sparked and she looked behind herself, finding a mossy green pond. It ran from the mountain's entrance to where she was standing. Thinking for only a second, she pushed away her disgusted thoughts and dipped down into the pool. She dog-paddled until a large hump in the water was seen... Wait... Lou? Naomi could understand why Lou would be listening to their conversation, she was always the curious and nosy kind. Naomi dropped her head under the water, and swam her best until the end of the pool. As she came up slowly, she gasped quietly for air, noticing her fur had turned dark brown when it was wet. Another idea came to her mind. With the new color, it was nearly impossible to tell it was her. She took the opportunity, and ran straight out of the pool, not caring about noise, and now sprinting into the mouth of the mountain pass. It only took what seemed like a second for her to make it back into the forest, where she shook herself of the water and moss, turning back to the light orange color she had been before. By now, Conatum's song was almost over. She made a fast pace back to camp.

Conatum began to worry now, Naomi knew the call was important, and she hadn't shown up yet. He resisted the urge to stop his call and lay in Manx's den next to her, but remembered he was not her mate, and he would most likely not be welcome in her den. He stood up and stopped singing when he heard paws running towards the camp.

(sorry Darkness I cant really do anything without Gowron)

(post for Wrath and Lou)

The sun grazed along Wrath's spine, instantly warming his fur and forcing him to growl in hatred. The kill he collected bleeding next to him and his sister. He yawned "Dont you think you shouldnt be so nosy? Its none of our buisness what happens" he bared his fangs and nibbled on her tail. She was so nosy. He wasnt as half as nosy as her, he had a reason to watch over her. Wrath sighed and nudged the dead fox he had caught "Are you going to eat your lunch? or am I going too?" he whispered at a low growl. The scent of Naomi hit his nose, she came by, probally caught his sister spying and left. He eyed the dead fox, not feeling an inch of guilt for killing it, he hated foxes. He wondered if Naomi had eaten, maybe Celestia hadnt either. He could give it to them, since his nosy sister asnt going to eat it and just let it bleed into the water. He shook himself, bored of his sisters games "Lulu, have you seen Celestia around today?" he asked, his ears perked to her answer.

Lou shrugged "Goodness no, I havent seen her in a while" she sat down in the water and turned her head towards her brother "you havent asked her to be your mate, you should do it, You'ld please the gods" she looked back at NightShade and Gowron, then back to her brother seeing as they wouldnt be doing anything, she sighed "Wrath, I think you should quit confusing your heart and pick Naomi as your mate, she would do you good"
Wrath shook his head "I-I- I dont think she likes me, becides she likes Lagos and I'm not good enough for her anyways" he looked at the ripples in the water, his eyes wide and his fur getting hot around his face "
I cant ask any of them Lulu, they both like someone else" he sighed. It was no use to try and convince himself that one of them liked him "Lou I'm leaving, see you later" he stood up and waded to the shore, shaking himself off of the water and walking monchalantly back to the camp.

((good GOD Leu....the yellow and blue clash so hard, that the yellow looks 3d to me @_@ like it's slapping me in the nose....like "LOOKEH!!))

The singing had stopped. Manx blinked her upturned eye, the brown one, in question. She saw as Conatum's body tensed mid-movement, and she turned her upward ear into his direction, going still. The ear pressed into the ground picked up the sounds of running paws. Something was coming. But she wasn't in any shape to help if she were needed. Crap. It was all she could do to wait. It wasn't that she didn't think the other could hold his own, but he was her pack mate. Aiding him went without saying. But she lay there in wait, eyes open and muscles ready to launch herself to her feet should push come to shove.

((sorry for short post...too hungry to think :P))

Naomi arrived in short time to the camp, panting from the sprint. She looked around frantically for her dear friend, finding him by Manx's den. "Cona," She said between breaths, "What's wrong?" She put her head down and tried to slow her breathing.
"Manx's shoulder, she fell from a tree." Conatum said, nudging the healer into Manx's den.
Naomi walked with caution into the other's den, not wanting to feel as if she was intruding. Naomi walked around Manx's body, examining her front leg, then looking at the bad shoulder.

((holy crap. i forgot about the post and wrote a freakin book in another RP >.< Oh...and if you can, Dark, give me a little more to work with if you can so whenever I post, i can give you a boatload to use so neither of us would have the suffer the pain of imagination :P))

Manx was careful to keep absolutely still. It was a given, after all. But the ache was beginning to annoy the living hell out of her. Manx huffed, letting her upraised hear flop to her head and closing her eyes. She hadn't had an injury from climbing trees in a long while. At least, this was the first time she'd hurt a fore-limb. All the other times it was a back leg. She could have climbed without the use of both hind legs. But she needed her paws especially.

"How bad is it?" she asked the healer.

"The thought terrifies me" she sighed and felt his body on hers, she shifted and leaned against him with equal force and licked his paw "Gowron, I was raised to live alone, my family didnt have mates, we lived alone, provided for eachother" NightShade sighed and licked her paw cleaning it "If you could pick somebody for me, who would you choose?" she glanced up at him and eyed him, her eyes switching from gold to goldish-blue and staying there. She felt a tinge of evilness seep into her bones "Should I choose you?" she asked, her voice going gentle. He didnt need to answer that, Lou had told her the gods accepted Gowron, and her telling him would be crossing over the boundary of her personal shell. NightShade looked away slowly, she wouldnt tell him that. Nightshade watched the dirt, seeing a little ant crawl on the ground. She wished she could be an ant, just run from her problems, she would if she wasnt an Alpha. She was raised to be Alpha, to hold her title with more honor than love itself. She tryed to look busy btu in her mind she thought of lou and her words of the gods. She liked Gowron, she had figured that out herself, it was telling him that she found an impossible task to complete.

((Ah yes! Well, quite a lot has happened since I've been away. I do hope I haven't caused a stir? Well, better late than never I suppose.))

Gowron listened, and he felt that she was opening up to him. Of course she was opening up to him. This was the most he had ever heard her speak of herself, or her past. He focused everything on her, shutting out the rest of the grove, and the rest of the world. His eyes were laid on hers, and he barely heard her question he was so focused. His pulse quickened, and his eyes widened again. She was asking him? Emotions and thoughts ran rampant inside his mind. Should he tell her? Should he brush her off? He loved her, of that there was no doubt, but he was not certain of her feelings. Had all his patience and calculating plans crippled him, making him unable to pounce on the creature, and the affection he so desired?

NO! I will NOT lose this opportunity. She is opening the door, and I must walk through. He hesitated at her question about choosing him though. Did she not know herself if she felt for him? Gowron lowered his head, and in one final moments deliberation, made up his mind. "I cannot choose for you. Your heart must choose, and if it is not certain, then no action must be taken. A mate is binding. Only death can break mates apart, nothing else. I would not choose for you, because if I made a mistake, I would forever regret bringing such a burden upon you."

He shook his head again, and sadness creeped into his voice. "I cannot say or not if I am your mate, but know this: If our roles were reversed, I would choose you without hesitation." There. he had said what he had wanted to say for such a long time. Staring her directly in her own beautiful eyes, it felt as if a great burden had been lifted from his shoulder. He awaited her response, and made up his mind that whatever the answer, he would never stop loving her. Not until death took him. As he waited, both he and Nightshade seemed oblivious to the goings on in other places. This place, was so isolated, and Gowron was so focused on Nightshade, that he heard neither the song of calling, nor the other sounds he would normally hear perfectly if he were outside of this tranquil grove. All his attention, his senses, and his heart was on Nightshade. This was it, the time he had been waiting for, and nothing would stand in the way, good or bad.

((AWW... It feels like I'm watching a sad, confused romance.. QuQ.. Wait a second, I AM! :'D
And PowerBass, I'll try to, I'm typing two completely different genres right now. x] *Boss face*))

Naomi thought for only a couple seconds before answering Manx's question. In her patient and calm voice she answered, "It's not too bad." She gently pawed at the fur on her shoulder. "At least it's not bleeding, but.." Naomi took a deep breath. Then she sat down and thought for a moment. "I can fix it." After her comment, a devious smile creeped upon her face. She loved it when it came to working on putting bones back in their rightful place. "But, of course, I'll need Conatum to aid me, you might not sit still."
Sure enough, Conatum heard his name being called, and he walked into Manx's den. It was small, but very nice. He suddenly had thoughts of him and Manx, sharing this den together. No, no! Manx was not his mate, and he was certain she had thoughts of someone else. Naomi strode by him and breathed words into his ear, and he obeyed. He sat down next to Manx, his shoulder right behind hers, barely touching it.
Naomi would begin her quick and most likely painful procedure, as the quickest method for out-of-place bones was usually a couple seconds long for her. Before starting, she backed up a couple feet and asked Manx nicely, "Are you ready?"

((lol Dark))

Manx deflated. She knew there would be more pain before recovery, but it didn't mean that she had to like it. She felt Conatum's body next to hers and had to hurriedly shove thoughts of Laos away from her mind. She had been doing that a lot lately- associating everything remotely affectionate to Lagos. And even though she could focus rather quickly in most cases, sometimes she'd be caught up in those improbable fantasies.

"Are you ready?" she heard the healer ask. Well ...here it went.

"Yes," Manx breathed.

Ugh...injuries.

Naomi didn't hesitate, once she heard a response from Manx, she ran and rammed into Manx's shoulder. Conatum's body made sure the bone wouldn't go too far back, and Naomi inspected her work. She smiled sweetly and pronounced to Manx, "It's back in it's own place." She looked to Conatum, who looked worried about Manx. Naomi's smile grew interested. "Conatum, you know some basic healing methods, I'll leave you two alone to chat, I'll be out looking for some.. Plants. To relax Manx's muscles." Naomi turned and trotted away before either of them could reject.

((Goddamn, Dark...tryin to give my charrie a hernia?! <=[_]))

Manx thought she had brace herself but when Naomi--. Shit! Who knew that little body packed so much punch? Manx yelped, growling to try to cover it up. She nearly reached forward with her muzzle to snap at the healer in reflex to the action. Damn, but it hurt! Manx flopped gracelessly, body tense. She whined pitifully and growled softly.

Ow...!!

She heard when Naomi left and opened an eye to glare at Conatum. It wasn't his fault but he was associated with the min-ram. She closed her eye and focused on willing the pain away. Ah, hell. He didn't deserve it.

NightShade took in consideration of everything he said, she felt deep in her heart that Gowron was right for her, he filled the holes she learned to hide. He would do anything for her and she knew that. She wanted him as well "I want you Gowron, the gods have chosen you before I knew It myself" she looked at him with gentle eyes hoping he would accept her. She felt intirely stupid and carefree with him. The slow ache in her heart didnt fade, yet she wanted to be closer, to feel even the depths of his fur. She didnt know if he would accept her, she turned and buried her face in his shoulder fur and breathed him in slowly, her heart comming to a slow rythmic beat. She felt as if she wanted to be there, she needed to be here, right now with Gowron, it ached at her inside.

Wrath layed in the sun, the sound of a bone cracking and two wolves hitting eachother making him perk up one ear towards Manx's den. It wasnt that he was lazy, but the fact that he was infact bored to the point of death, his sister was still being nosy and Sweet Naomi was busy helping his family members, though he would give anything to help her with her plant finding or anything really. Just to be in her presence was fine with him. The sun beating down on his side, the cool wind regulating his temperature, the perfect time for napping. If Wrath wanted too, which he didnt. Laying on his belly he eyed the surroundings, the warm dirt under his chin. He growled "I'm so bored, I must think of something to do" he muttered to himself.

((Teehee, I think the sickness is getting to my head, so this post might have some silly comments... x]))

Naomi trotted around, smiling to herself. She heard someone mumble not too far from her, "I'm so bored, I must think of something to do..". She looked around the corner and sure enough, Wrath was laying there. She cleared her throat and in her usual peaceful voice she said, "Wrath, if you keep talking to yourself, someone might think your crazy." She giggled, about to walk off to her den.
Conatum sat in the silence for a minute, before saying politely, "Manx.." He looked to her. "If you don't want me here, all you have to do is say so." He then looked at the ground, his heart began to ache seeing Manx in pain. He kept reminding himself, She's not mine, she's not mine. But I wish she was... He glanced at the female without turning his head.

Manx rolled her head to look at Conatum. "I don't mind you staying," she admitted. "But really...next time give an unsuspecting patient a heads up on Naomi's sadistic streak yeah?" Manx smirked at the other wolf. Of course she had a funny bone. But she only tickled it every so often. She nudged his shoulder with her head. "Calm down, I won't bite you, okay? So talk to me. You're too quiet for your own good."

Gowron couldn't stop himself from becoming excited. His goal had finally come to pass! Nightshade was his, if her words were true. His tail thumped on the ground, up and down, and up and down in a wild, random pattern. He couldn't stop it, nor did he care. When Nightshade leaned into him, burying herself into his shoulder, Gowron gave a throaty growl, almost like a hum. His body nearly went limp from her touch, and he gave another pleasured growl. he could sit here for hours with her. He had Nightshade! Curling his head, he moved into her as well, his paw brushing against hers, and licking where he could as he curled his head to lean against her.

"The gods, huh?" he said in his low rumble of a voice. "Well, why argue with prophecy?" He chuckled. His mind still in shock at the fact that he was now involved with Nightshade, he kept talking. "You know, to be honest I was half expecting Lou to jump out at some point. She always seems to be around when things of importance happen." Taking a cursory sniff around, all he could smell was Nightshades scent, and his eyes closed for a second, enjoying the allure of her natural scent. It was intoxicating.