The Funny game called Love.

R

Rufiya

Original poster
It was around three years ago? I think? All I can guarantee really it was sometime back whenever we had fallen in love. It was so spontaneous and out of no where. Not a single one of us expected it. We were and still are the best of friends. Every evening we would swing by our favorite bar, sit in that particular booth and enjoy each other's company.

The funny thing was, we didn't know that one of the people sitting near to us, sipping on their glass would soon be the only thing that kept our world spinning, would be the only people we truly love.

This is the out-of-character and sign-up thread for a group roleplay revolving around the concept of Romance.

The main story line will be about a group of friends in their mid - early twenties who along the path of life have managed to find each other as dear and close friends. Some of them met in college, some of them met later on, but the bonds they share are equally strong. As they pursue their goals in life they slowly find themselves in love with each other. There will be drama, there will be laughter, there will be sadness, but hey, that's life.

(If you'll be joining this, stuff like, one-sided love/ love triangles and all dramatic elements like that are encouraged! Multiple Characters are allowed and most likely only 6-8 characters will be accepted so yeah. Also, MxF are encouraged, but FxF and MxM are still allowed. :>)

Rules for this Roleplay

1.) No Angsty loners, we are all friends in the beginning.
1.5) There can be angst but as long as its within reason. ex. One sided love
2.) Try to be aggressive with your characters while not rushing it too fast.
3.) No GMing other characters besides yours.
4.) Discuss with other members of this RP for final Pairings.
4.5) This doesn't mean you can't date others. But in the end they should be paired.
5.) This is all about Romance. Get out there! :D
6.) Try to be open to others so its easier to get started.
7.) Sexy Time can happen. But through messages so nobody gets eyeraped.
8.) Make Drama! There's no such thing as a romance story without Drama after all!
9.) Cat-fights/fist fights are sooo allowed.
10.) All other basic roleplay rules apply.

Character Sheet
PERSONAL INFORMATION
Name:
Talents:
Hobbies:
Sexuality:
Personality:
Nationality:

BACKGROUND INFORMATION
Bio before the group:

How you became part of the group:

APPEARANCE INFORMATION
Detailed Description and/or Picture:

(If description please be detailed! If picture then I would recommend real life, but anime is okay if your into that kind of stuff or you prefer it. ^^)

Final Pairings

None of yet~​

Not done with this yet ^^' I'm not feeling too well at the moment so I will finish it tomorrow morning :)

PERSONAL INFORMATION
Name:
Eiden Magnus Öhr
Talents:
Music (Piano/Guitar)
Hobbies:
Music, painting, basketball
Sexuality:
Bisexual
Personality:
Shy towards new people, doesn't get angry easily but if he gets angry he rather hit than talk. Calm and relaxed most of the time.
Nationality:
Half Swedish/half American

BACKGROUND INFORMATION
Bio before the group:
Eiden lived with his mom in Sweden for thirteen years, he didn't meet his dad before his mom died and he had to go live in America. When he moved to America he didn't know that much English which made it hard for him in school and he got bullied a lot. He changed school in his second year of high school because of bullying and depression. Shortly after changing school his life turned around to the better. People in his new school didn't care about his Nordic accent, and he got many friends.

He never got close to his dad even though they lived together for five years. He left home as fast as he turned 18 and he rarely talks to his dad.

Went in college for three years between 18-21 years of age. Luna became his girlfriend during his first year but they broke up before the second year started.
He has been able to get an American accent, but sometimes when he's nervous, drunk or talks fast his Swedish accent shows.

Works at the bar where the group often goes. After some time he even went there when he didn't work just to meet everyone and became a part of the group.

APPEARANCE INFORMATION
1,93 m, long hair often tied up, brown eyes.
M_SINGLE.jpg

Second character
(in case there's not enough or a side character needs to jump in at some point, also an irritation character for my main!)

PERSONAL INFORMATION
Name:
Luna Brown
Talents:
Acting, cooking
Hobbies:
Destroying her ex's relationship, trying to make her ex jealous, irritating her ex. (Yes, she's a bit obsessed)
Sexuality:
Straight
Personality:
A bit obsessed, selfish, dislikes people whom don't pay attention to her, tries to act nice when in public since she doesn't want her reputation to be destroyed.
Nationality:
British

BACKGROUND INFORMATION
Bio before the group:
She grew up with her father and mother, both great actors. She got into a lot of movies as a kid because of her parents influence. When she were twelve she stopped acting for a while and as she turned fifteen she told her parents that she weren't interested in picking up acting again since it was too time consuming and she wanted to focus on her studies.

As she started college she went in a school for acting and music where she met Eiden. She immediately fell in love with him and asked him out. She never got over it when he dumped her and since then she has tried to destroy his relationships and getting back together with him. Even though she started in that college because she wanted to get into acting again she still didn't pick up on acting when she finished college because she thought it would take too much time away from Eiden. Instead she started to take some model jobs.

Not part of the group, was Eiden's girlfriend for a year in college, now they have a hate/love/sister/brother kind of relationship. She still has feelings for Eiden and tries to destroy his relationships if she gets the chance.

APPEARANCE INFORMATION
1,68 m, green eyes
women+long+hair1.jpg

PERSONAL INFORMATION
Name: Yin Ryang
Talents: Baking, Photography
Hobbies: Cooking/Baking, photography, playing piano, reading, video games
Sexuality: Straight
Personality: Irritated easily, perfectionist at heart. Friendly, overconfident, competitive, and caring.
Nationality: American Asian (Half Korean and Chinese)

BACKGROUND INFORMATION
Bio before the group:
Yin was a fairly reliable person. She grew up in a home with two older brothers and one older sister. Her parents were happily married for forty years. The family ties were strained when she approached high school. At such a rebellious age and seeing that her emotions were getting the best of her, she swamped herself in extracurricular activities where she found her love for baking and cooking. She was always quiet and respectful to her parents and never showed her real personality in front of them, afraid of embarrassing them. To her friends though, she was the life of the party. She easily graduated as one of the top five graduates and had a scholarship awaiting for her when she went to college. She hasn't communicated with her family since then. She works throughout school and takes mostly culinary and business classes. So far she has a bachelor's degree in business.
Yin isn't a drinker but loves to attend parties. She carries her camera almost everywhere she goes, and at one party decides to take a picture of the group she found most fun to be around. Thinking nothing of it, she asks for their names and numbers so they can get copies of the pictures she's taken. Ever since then, she's been tagging along, not thinking much of it but enjoying the company.
APPEARANCE INFORMATION
Dresses modernly mostly preppy. Doesn't like bright colors and hates having long hair, so you will always see her with the same hairstyle; blunt bangs and short hair. 5'2", doesn't wear much makeup but eyeliner and mascara.
short-hairstyles-2013.jpg

PERSONAL INFORMATION

Name: Austin Collins
Talents: Alcohol Tolerance, Drawing, Boxing
Hobbies: Drinking, Portraits, Boxing, Hanging out.
Sexuality: Straight
Personality: Austin is very direct and somewhat blunt. He isn't exacly comfortable expressing more..intimate emotions but he isn't socially awkward at all. He's very carefree around his friends and strangers alike.
Nationality: American

BACKGROUND INFORMATION

Bio before the group:
Austin's childhood wasn't exactly the best, it was relatively happy until he reached sixteen and her parent's got a divorce. Despite it being hard he tried enough to get second honors in his highschool batch and eventually even college. But despite his degree in Law he took the path of an artist much to the distaste of his family members.

As his family pressured Austin, he decided to leave California and relocate to New York City where he started his career doing portfolios for people on the streets. He ended up renting a old small warehouse which is now filled with different paintings, finished and unfinished alike.

Austin became part of the close knit group when he had dated one of the members after meeting on the street one day. She introduced him into the group and they accepted him whole-heartedly. And even after the eventual break-up between them and despite the awkwardness and lingering feelings he still stayed with the group, becoming one of the cherished members.

APPEARANCE INFORMATION

6'2, Dirty Blonde Hair, Chocolate Eyes, Sun kissed skin

PERSONAL INFORMATION

Name: Loraine Thompson
Talents: cooking, sewing, writing poetry
Hobbies: pottery, shopping, giving out make-overs
Sexuality: straight
Personality: She is a very level-headed young woman. She does her best to cheer up her friends and comes across as the reliable type. Loraine is the optimist in the group who refuses to let a good time go without utilizing it, but manages to keep them in check when things get out of hand. She doesn't drink but has an interesting addiction to sweets.
Nationality: African American

BACKGROUND INFORMATION
Bio before the group:
Loraine lived happily with her two younger siblings and parents. She started working when she turned fifteen and saved up her money for when she was old enough to move out. Once she finished college she moved up to New York where she quickly found work at a designer clothes store. Her ambitions for becoming a clothes designer are still steadily being realized.

It was due to a raining day when the store was almost empty. One of the others had come in asking about a certain designer's pair of jeans and she had told them it was not in stock at the moment. They were almost a regular at the store and she had tried to put on a smile for them. That day had not been the best, even for the optimist in her, and she was in a visible funk. She was invited out and met the rest of the group over drinks, though she didn't partake in the activities very much at first. Loraine started to frequent the get-together's until there wasn't a time when they were hanging out and she was not there.

APPEARANCE INFORMATION
She is 5'3", hourglass in shape and always dressed to impressed, be it in a skirt or a pair of jeans, tee or blouse.
hairstyles-for-african-american-women.png

PERSONAL INFORMATION
Name: Bonnie Ridder
Talents: Literature, Art, bass guitar and Theater (and anything of that general sort)
Hobbies: Rollerskating (and roller derby), water polo, poetry, portraits, reading
Sexuality: Doesn't identify as anything because she just likes who she likes
Personality: Bonnie is one of the quieter few. Despite being honest and opinionated to the point where she can often seem rude, she prefers to listen to other's talk rather than herself. She's quite pessimistic and has a sarcastic and somewhat dark sense of humor. She's very good at handling herself professionally and prides herself in her maturity. Bonnie keeps to herself and usually just goes with the flow of others. She's a heavy drinker, almost to the point where one could say she was a budding alcoholic, and helps herself to the occasional smoke when she's stressed out. Bonnie prefers to just stick around at home. One side of her is reserved, obviously, but when provoked she lets it all go, and is care free. Even wild. She likes the thrilling feeling of being scared, and the unknown.
Nationality: Polish and Spanish

BACKGROUND INFORMATION
Bio before the group: Growing up Bonnie lived with her 3rd cousins and their parents, since her father had long abandon her, and her mother was always very ill until passing away when she was 9. Her family was very loving and kind toward her, but her eldest cousin had sexually abused her for many years. When she was 13 year old she made some friends who turned out to be the wrong sort of people, and mistreated her, leaving her very broken, riddled with bad habits and in the end friendless. From that point on Bonnie was very secluded and spent most of her time alone, reading, writing, or drawing. She spent so much time at the public library she ended up working there for a few years. It took her a long time to gain back trust in people, and confidence in her ability to make good friends. In college she studied digital art, animation, and graphic design. Bonnie also dabbled in screen writing, and voice acting. Eventually she landed a job on a cartoon show, doing character design and voices, along with another job (just to pay the bills) at an "adult" store.

How you became part of the group: Bonnie became a member of the group when a couple of them walked into the "Adult"store she worked at. They were clearly a bit tipsy,and asking lots of questions about the various toys and videos the store, and then about Bonnie herself. Despite the awkward environment Bonnie and them got on quite well, to the point where they exchanged numbers. Shortly after Bonnie gave them a ride home, for their own safety. She was introduced to the rest of the group later.

APPEARANCE INFORMATION
tumblr_mj5mib648y1r8wh4wo1_500.jpg

Bonnie has dark brown hair, dark green eyes, olive skin, and lightly scattered freckles on her faces, shoulders, and generally all over her body. She's just around 5'6 and not particularly thick or slender but in between. She prefers to wear floral prints and soft colors.

PERSONAL INFORMATION
Name: Peter Henderson
Talents: Technology (programming,coding, designing)
Hobbies: Video games, film, hiking
Sexuality: Straight (for the most part)
Personality: Peter is very sweet and kind hearted, and overall charming and nice. He enjoys quiet, and nature, but also enjoys meeting people. He's very social and friendly and simple. Often Peter feels responsible for other people's happiness which can trouble him. He's the kind of person who will go up to someone who's sitting alone and talk to them. He's likes to know whats going on with everyone and is quite nosey.
Nationality: Polish.

BACKGROUND INFORMATION
Bio before the group: Peter is Bonnie's 3rd cousin, and grew up with her. He had a good childhood, with good parents and good friends and a good school in a good town. The only problems he ever really had were small little bits of drama here and there, and issues with his siblings, not all of which were as good as him. But his good clean life bored him. In his later teens he got into horror movies, and mystery books. This also sparked his interest in film. Many of his highschool friends found his new habits of constantly reading, and watching horrible movies weird, and grew distant from him. In college he started with a major in engineering and then pursued a second in film.

How you became part of the group: Through Bonnie. She thought he'd get along well with everyone like she did.

APPEARANCE INFORMATION
tumblr_mgfbcgRMK01rs1y76o1_500.jpg

Dark brown hair, light brown eyes, fit and slim at 6'3. He prefers to wear graphic t-shirts of video games, movies,bands etc., and straight legged jeans

Huh. More people joined than I expected! Awesome. :D

But sadly I think I might have to cut down the max characters who are actually IN the circle of friends to 1. Complication Characters and side characters are unlimited so revise if needed.

Oh yeah and due to the massive flow of girls, I'll be changing mine into a dude. Crimson your accepted, and Kianna sadly only one can be chosen. :(

Alrighty~

Oh yeah and just like Audrey, Austin came into the group because he dated one of them before so that's up if anybody would like that.

I can be last resort for Austins' ex if no one wants to do it. ^^

Almost done, just have to write in how he became part of the group now :3 Have no ideas at the moment though xD

Aaand I figured it out in two seconds xD

Cool, I love it Redblood!

Our group is on a total of five. We can probably fit one more person. But to even it out he has to be a guy I think.
[MENTION=2075]Esthalia[/MENTION] if your still interested and you don't mind playing a dude, you can take the final spot.

sorry guys, as much as I would love to; I can't :[

My rp just got off the ground and it seems these guys are gonna keep my head spinning @_@

Have fun and thanks for keeping me in mind!!! <3

sorry guys, as much as I would love to; I can't :[

My rp just got off the ground and it seems these guys are gonna keep my head spinning @_@

Have fun and thanks for keeping me in mind!!! <3

Okie dokie~ Maybe next time? Haha. :)

Alright then last spot is still up for grabs!

If no one takes it Peter is still just hanging round

I guess Peter is in then!

Should I make the IC now guys?

I vote yes :9

Yaay~!! :D I'm excited to see how this goes.