2. Advanced
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Any. I have no favorites.
CVSvrieXAAAqYr3.jpg:large

Name: Elsa Patronia
Power: Because of the curse she can control the ice and snow.
Bio: She used to actually be a very fun loving and caring girl. Growing up she was kind and trusted everyone. That was the problem. When she grew older, she fell in love with a prince who she had planned on marrying. They had gotten very close and on the day of their wedding, she went to go see him, too excited to wait until the wedding to see him that day, and when she walked into his room, found him with another woman. Broken-hearted and betrayed, she left, and called the wedding off. But she couldn't help but feel more hurt and hurt until it was completely unbearable. Desperate she went to a witch that was living in the city and asked her to get rid of the hurt. Unfortunately the prince, wanting revenge on the princess for refusing to marry him after she caught him, had paid the witch off and in turn instead of getting rid of the hurt and making the princess happy, she placed a curse on her which made it so that if she felt any emotion too strongly she would freeze everything around her. So, the princess had to quickly throw away all her emotions and become cold toward everything or risk hurting people. But, as time went on, and she became Queen, that coldness turned her into a horrible person she never wanted to be and that her people feared. Now she rules with a cold heart and freezes anyone who gets in her way.
Other: Every once in a while, she'll sneak out and into the forest behind the castle, where she freely lets her emotions out without risk of completely freezing the whole castle and everyone in it.

snowflake_png_by_simmeh-d91mxt4.png

"Enough!" Elsa yelled, glaring down at the blabbering soldier in front of her. She was tired of hearing his excuses about why he couldn't get anything done, when clearly he wasn't even trying. He had been found many times sleeping on the job and off going to the pubs on duty. It had gotten on her last nerves and now she was sick of it. Her hand flew out and before the solider even get a chance to beg for mercy, he was a frozen statue in front of her.

With a 'hmpf' she turned on her heel and without giving a single glance back, she waved at one of the servants with one hand, "Take that to the court yard with the others."

The servant looked at her wide eyes and stammered, "B-but, your majesty, there isn't room left in the court--"

The Queen turned to the man sharply, "Then find some where to put it! I don't want to see it again!" With that, the girl stalked down the hallways, heading toward her room in the tower. She couldn't stand to be around people for too long. Being around people more meant more people would become frozen statues. Just like...Anna...

Oh, Anna. How could she have let such a thing happen? How had she allowed herself to loose control like that? Now her sister was dead, because of her. Looking down at her hands on her balcony railing, her normally emotionless and cold eyes grew sad and closed tightly to fight the emotions she knew she could possibly let loose. Her hands clutched the railing tighter and ice began to slowly spread over her balcony against her will. She opened her eyes and slammed her fists down on the railing, the ice shattering. She as she stood there, white hair hanging her face, and braid blowing in the wind and snow that had begun to blow in reaction to her powers.

What did it matter? Her sister was dead. Oh well. Nothing she could do about that. She just had to get over it and move on. She had a kingdom to run. Kingdoms to take over. She couldn't let her mind wander to things of the past and allow herself to feel anger for herself spread through her like it was doing now. Perhaps to get her mind off of things she needed more people to freeze. Yes. That would take care of her anger very quickly. Turning and heading off of the balcony, she had begun to head toward the parlor when on the stairs, one of her servants stopped her,

"Your highness, the army caught a prisoner on the battlefield. They are bringing him in as we speak."

"What did I tell you? The enemy is to be killed on sight in battle, take no prisoners. Just kill whoever it is and leave it at that." She commanded, brushing it off, but stopped in place at what the messenger said next.

"It is the prince of Verrenia, my Queen."

Elsa slowly turned to look at the messenger, taking in the news. She paused, thinking it over for a moment. The prince of Verrenia. A long time friend indeed. That is, before she had attained these retched powers and he had joined the rebellion against her royal standing. What to do, what to do. She could just have him killed. That would be easier. But, even when she went to open her mouth to give the order, she found that, at least for the time being, she couldn't. Perhaps she would just wait until the right time then. Give it a little time, get some information out of him, and then kill him. Yes, that was why she couldn't give the order to kill him. She needed to find out about the rebellion was all.

And so, with that though in mind, the young queen gave the messenger one of her signature cold looks, "If that is the case. Lock him in the dungeon. I'll deal with him soon."

"She's angry!"

"Who is she going after this time?"

"Didn't you hear? They caught that prince."

"You meant that prince that used to come around here? Do you think she'll freeze him?"

These hushed whispers would have annoyed Queen Elsa, and she maybe would have turned her wrath on those servants, but right now, she was focused on only the prince being locked down in her dungeons and at her mercy. Why is it, as she made her way down the stairs, she felt her heart beating so fast? The walls as she passed covered with ice and frost, fresh snow flurrying down and leaving a blanket of white on the tiled floors. She went down the stairs to the very bottom of the cold corridor, where the door to the dungeon was. Brushing a strand of white hair back from her face, she told herself to stop this silliness. He wasn't her friend anymore. No, he was the enemy. The enemy that had to die sooner or later. After she got her information that is.

Placing a delicate hand on the handle she pulled the door open. There behind bars, was the prince. The cold look ever plastered on her pale white face, ice blue eyes on him, she stepped forward, ice slowly creeping up the walls in the already freezing room, "Well, well, well, look how far the great have fallen. To find yourself in my clutches, your highness." Stepping up to the bars she looked down at him, "This is the perfect time to get some information out of you, dear prince. Of course, after words I can't keep you around. It would be silly of my to keep an enemy of war alive you know. I hope you understand." She gave a nonchalant wave of her hand, as if she were talking about the weather, rather than his death, "But, I want it to be a unique death. Just freezing you would not only be too much of blessing for you, but no fun for me. So, what do you suggest we do with you, hmm?"

Last edited:
image.jpg

Name: Marensius Alder

Bio: Ever since he was a boy, Marensius was promised the rule of Verrenia. His father was a just and righteous King, always staying true to his word no matter what. His father was a close ally of the Royal family of Arendelle, leading to the young prince spending much time with the princess sisters. Anna and Elsa were his best friends, but where the younger girl was like a sister of his own, Elsa was the one who captured the Prince's heart. She knew he was in love with her... Or rather, he thought she did. Years passed rather uneventfully until it was revealed that the new Queen of Arendelle was to be married to a prince from the West. Marensius, heartbroken, took to his chambers and vowed to remain there until the end of time. Being the elder son of two, Marensiu decreed that in the event of his father's passing, his younger brother, Erenthius, would instead become king of Verennia. But, there was a sinister plot in motion, set by Lord Devenish, a noble who had been his father's best friend since an early age. Lord Devenish wanted to rule the kingdom, thirsting for what all men with power desired: more power. So, while he slept, Lord Devenish slipped a poison into the King's mouth and hid the bottle in Erensius' chamber. When the guards discovered the treason, they hung his brother and, manipulated by Lord Devenish's lies, hunted for Marensius. They believed he was the mastermind behind the murder, where his brother was only a means to an end. Why else would a man hide away in his chambers and isolate himself from his family if not for some sinister purpose?

Fleeing in secret to Arendelle seeking refuge with his friends, Princess Anna and the Queen-to-be, Marensius was a key witness to the fateful day Elsa received those terrible powers, and let her anger get the best of her. Anna was dead and the land quickly turned harsh and icy. Two thrones had been destroyed by the jealous anger of those who did not have the right to lead, but the worst was seeing Elsa transform from a loving, gentle girl into a monstrous shell of her former self. He knew he had to do something, or risk losing his only friend. So, devising a clever plot to rebel, Marensius set out with those who sought to dethrone the Ice Queen with the ultimate goal to save her from herself.

Other: Despite how time has changed the Queen of Arendelle, Marensius still loves her, even though she is now wicked and cruel.​

These past eight hours had all been a daze. First, he was roused from his bed at the crack of dawn by the screams of his men. Then, the soldiers of the Ice Queen were upon them, slashing and cutting away at the innocent peasants who had joined their cause. The women, the children, all dead. Somehow they knew where to look for the rebels, and now they were discovered. Marensius fought as hard as he could, wounding many of the soldiers, but never killing them. He and his men made a vow that the only thing separating the rebels from the Ice Queen's army, was that they would not kill any man. They would always leave survivors, whereas the Queen's soldiers would not. If things were to change, they wanted to do it in a way that nobody else had to die.

They would never stoop to the level of the enemy. They were better then that.

In the conflict, the rebels were proving to be victorious. They were combating the Ice Queen's army with full force, hastily knocking them down and securing them so they could not fight anymore. But the battle soon took a turn for the worst. Knowing that defeat was inevitable, Marensius ordered half of his men to escape with their families or the wounded, creating a diversion with some stolen fireworks to allow them time. The escape was successful, but those who remained were brutally slaughtered. Before he was killed, one of the guards recognized Marensius and took him prisoner, knowing that they could learn much from him while he was still alive, then hand him over to the new King of Verrenia, King Devenish.

Now, he was patiently waiting in a half-frozen prison cell, unmoving. His head was kept down and his breath was quieter then a whisper. He would wait until the Ice Queen showed up to interrogate him... And then, he would probably die.

-------​

Looking up as he heard the clicking of heels echoing down the hallway, Marensius took in a deep breath. This was it. He wanted to get her attention, and now he finally had it. Lowering his head just as she came down the stairs, Marensius listened to her speak. She called him a Prince. "With respect, your highness, I am no Prince. I have no kingdom, and if you plan to kill me anyways then one of my last requests is that you not refer to me as a prince. Just as you are no longer Elsa Patronia, myself and many others refer to you as the Ice Queen, just as you are." he explained, looking up at her with serious eyes. "Titles are things we choose to adopt. I chose to discard being a Prince, you chose to adopt being a tyrant. It's all a matter of choice, your highness."

Then, she asked for information about his death. How he wanted to die. Looking up at her, Marensius scoffed a bit, his messy long hair falling over his eyes. His face, although familiar to her, was covered in a thin layer of stubble. Obviously giving up his royal privileges had taken a toll on his body. Looking her dead in the eye, he smirked. "Why, can't go through with it yourself? Thought that was how you controlled your powers, your highness. Killing. Freezing. Putting the people you used to care about on display like a barbarian puts the severed heads of his enemies on a pike. Why should I be so different? Is it because I've caused you such irritation, or..." said Marensius, sitting up on the single wooden bench in his cell. His eyes landed on her chest, staring straight in the middle before he moved back to her eyes. He noticed the subtle rapid movements, indicating her heart was fluttering for some reason. Rather then have a smug look as he did before, Marensius' face softened into a look of worry. Not for himself, but for her.

"Or is it because you know this is wrong, your highness? The Ice Queen is a false version of the girl I used to know... And that warm feeling in your chest, pounding away rapidly for the first time in probably years? That's the heart of Elsa Patronia, the true heir to Arendelle. She and I have something in common: we've both had our kingdoms stolen by someone without a heart... The difference is, you can give it back to her and make things right. You can't block her out forever, your highness... Especially not now, when I'm here."
Standing up, knowing she could easily knock him back with one of her ice-blasts or even kill him where he stood, Marensius slowly walked over to her, maintaining eye contact all the way.

"But the question remains: how do I want to die. Here's a thought: If I am to die, then I want to die alongside Elsa. If you can kill her, then you can kill me. Freeze us both, throw us in a pit to starve, do whatever you want... But if I am to die in a manner of my choosing, then I want the woman I love by my side, your highness. Kill Elsa, then kill me..."

Prince was something she had always called him. When they were younger, it was more of a nickname for him than anything. Of course, when she had used it just now it had been merely a name to insult him. Calling him by his name was something she wouldn't do. And just as he said he couldn't call her by her name, she couldn't call him by his. Calling him by his name was too....friendly. And she was not friends with this young man in front of her. He was nothing more than the enemy she was meant to have killed and she had to keep reminding herself of that. Her icy eyes looked back over to him, "Whether you admit it or not, you are still by blood heir to the throne of Verrenia. There for, you are still Prince." She stated simply, listening as he continued his little speech to her.

Elsa couldn't be anything but angered and frustrated as he spoke. It infuriated her that she was letting him see right through her merely by the beating of her heart. She hadn't realized that he knew her that well that he would be able to see that. After all, it had been almost three years.

Then again, he was probably trying to make her mad and trick her. Thats what enemies did. They played with the minds of others. Using words like 'tyrant' and 'love' and giving her those looks he continued to send her way. He was trying to make her slip up. Trying to make her fall into his carefully set up trap. And for a moment it worked, but she quickly snapped back and it angered her more than anything that her emotions were betraying her so. Now she was furious. She stepped closer, the temperature in the room dropping drastically, ice and frost now spreading over the walls and floors. Her hands grasped tightly the metal bars on his cell as her cold eyes glared into his, "You don't know anything about me, prince. There is no one here but me. Your 'Elsa' is no longer in existence. She was frozen away many years ago."

She let go of the bars once more, stepping back, going to pace again. She knew she didn't want to kill him just yet. No, she wouldn't. She would find some way to use this situation to her advantage. After all, this wasn't some commoner in her grasps. This was a prince of a kingdom she had currently yet to take over. A prince unofficially stripped of his title maybe, but still a prince indeed. She stopped pacing and stood in front of him once more.

She crossed her arms over her chest, glaring at him, anger flaring more as she struggled with herself mentally on what to do with him for now. And with that strong anger, the temperature began to decrease even lower, the walls more thickly coated then they were before until it was completely encased in ice. Her jaw set and she quickly caught herself when the crackling of ice made it to her ears and she could see his breath, showing how cold it really was getting. The ice stopped spreading, but only because she knew him seeing the ice spread would likely tip him off to how much this was bothering her. She couldn't give him that satisfaction. But still, if she wanted to not give him that satisfaction, she would have to leave before things got worse and he said something to really make her go off.

Soon, the anger erased from her face and was replaced once about by that cold look that had become natural to her, "Enjoy your stay here in Arendelle. You won't be leaving." She stated and turned sharply, her blue elegant dress that complimented her pale features and white hair, flowing behind her as she walked out and slammed the dungeon door. She went to make her way up the stairs when a voice reached her ears,

"You're Majesty. May I suggest moving the man to a different place?"

Elsa looked over at her adviser, whom she had told to wait outside of the dungeon, and spoke, her tone obviously displeased with such a suggestion, "And why is that?"

The older man gave a nervous chuckle, not wishing to feel the queen's wrath, but continued explaining as she had asked, "Well, considering you just froze the dungeon over, he might die of the chill during the night."

She paused only to give a frustrated sigh, but not wanting to think of it anymore, gave a wave of her hand, "Very well, move him to the second room in the tower. And lock the door when you put him there." She knew that was indeed the very tower she stayed in as well, but at least then, if he tried to escape, she could catch him. And even then, the most he really could door with that door locked was jump from the balcony of his room, which would in turn kill him if he did. It was the highest point in the castle after all.

She herself moved to her room and stood on her own balcony once more, eyes moving over the land of her kingdom. Above her balcony, about fifteen feet up and a foot or two to the left, was the balcony connected to the room the prince was to stay in. But she didn't think of it. After all, it was a dangerous leap on ice especially to try and make. One misplaced foot and he would be falling to his sure death. That and surely he knew she would freeze him to death if he survived. Of course, she herself didn't take into account what a desperate man might do in times like this or even later on if he didn't do so now. No, that wasn't even in her mind as her cold eyes just continued to stare out over her icy land.

Finally with one last long look at the land before her, she turned sharply and walked back into her room trying to think of just what she wanted to do about her old friend turned enemy.

She ignored his request, continuing to refer to him as 'Prince' rather than by his real name. This put a dampener on his spirits, but nonetheless Marensius powered through it. Then she cackled and claimed that Elsa was dead, having even frozen away long ago to allow this new Queen's rule. Looking back at her chest when she mentioned this fact, Marensius smiled again and said "Ah, how lying doesn't even suit you, your highness. It didn't suit Elsa either. If you're going to lie to my face, you might want to wear a suit of armour because I can see right through that dress of yours, allowing me to peer that her heart desperately trying to break free of its bonds. She's still there wether or not you like it, your highness, and she will come back."

But as he continued his speech, Marensius noticed how increasingly frustrated she was becoming. The walls were freezing, his breath was coming out as a visible cloud, and she was very still, growling slightly. Her heart kept beating like a drum being banged on by hundreds of players, giving Marensius further proof that his friend and beloved were still within this new girl. Once the Ice Queen realized what she was doing, she let go of the bars and mentioned having him stay for a while before she turned away. As she walked, Marensius smirked and called out "I'm alive now because she wouldn't let you kill me. I'd advise you speak with Elsa in private, I'm sure you two can work something out."

But soon after the Queen left, Marensius was grabbed by two guards and escorted out of his cell, headed up the stairs of the dungeon. They guided him towards the tower, passing by the 'Frozen Graveyard', as the townspeople referred to it. Marensius sighed as the sight of hundreds of frozen, but still alive, bodies came into view. His first priority after he had saved Elsa was to thaw those people and bring them home. But he had to focus on his current mission, the Ice Queen was proving to be a tough cookie to crack. She was overconfident, so Marensius would use it to incur her downfall. The Ice Queen couldn't order his death, no matter what he did. She didn't have the guts. She wasn't a killer. She was Elsa. Even the people she had frozen were still alive, albeit put into a hibernated state. She couldn't kill purposefully, even if she meant it... She did kill once, but that was an accident. A horrible accident. And as a result, Anna was lost.

Shaking his head free of the memories of the past, Marensius turned his attention to the large wooden doors he was suddenly pushed into, landing on the cold stone surface of the floor with an audible thud. The guards behind him quickly locked the door, sealing him behind in the room. Getting up and dusting himself off, Marensius looked around to get a good grip on his bearings. The room was obviously meant for somebody other than a prisoner, as it was adequately dressed and even had a small fireplace close to the wall where he could warm himself. But he couldn't think about sitting down and warming up just yet: he needed to find Elsa. The door was locked, so Marensius decided to check out the window and see if he could locate anyone. Standing on the balcony overlooking the frozen wasteland of Arendelle, Marensius turned his gaze towards the young woman below him, dressed in a blue dress with a single braid draped over her shoulder. Elsa. They were in the same tower. Perfect.

Judging by the distance between their two balconies, Marensius guessed that if he were to jump down normally, it would probably kill him. Or at least break his legs. He needed a safer alternative. Looking around his room for anything that might assist in his semi-escape, the young former prince decided to go old-school and tore the sheets from his bed. He would warm them by the fire later so he didn't freeze, but for now he needed them. Tying knots into the fabric to create a make-shift rope, Marensius tossed it over the side of his balcony, tying the other end of the rope to the bed frame. From there, he simply slid down the rope and landed quietly on Elsa's balcony, looking at her while she had her back turned to him. Creeping forwards slightly, Marensius remained quiet, getting within a lips distance of her until he finally spoke. "I believe we weren't finished speaking, your highness. I still have questions I want you to answer. If you don't like the fact I am here, call your guards or freeze me. But, I doubt your heart will let you do either of those things right now, especially now that I'm getting through to my old friend." he whispered, placing his hand directly on her chest, not worrying about her trying to freeze him. Ice would melt over time, but a frozen heart needed to be thawed as quickly as possible.

Elsa was lost within her own thoughts. What to do, what to do. She couldn't keep the prince in that tower room forever. She had to dispose of him somehow. He was...speaking too much. Bothering her in ways that only someone that knew her as well as he did could. All his words were still in her head, making her room's temperature drop and ice to spread around thicker than it already was. But this was her room so it didn't matter. Besides the cold never bothered her anymore. Still, she had to get rid of him before things got out of hand. And as much as she hated to say it, she couldn't do so by her own hands. It would likely have to be at the order of one of her servants or perhaps one of her Ice Golems? She pursed her lips in thought on which direction she should take, unaware of what was going on behind her until she felt his lips right next to her ear, his hand going to her chest right over where her heart was beating even more rapidly than before.

Now she was the frozen one, standing in place for just a quick moment, confused and unsure what to do, ice spreading even more quickly throughout the room and even snow began to swirl about in a mini storm. No! She couldn't allow him to affect her like this! Pulling away from his grasp, she turned sharply to face him, a hand going out that caused ice spikes to grow quickly from the ground, pinning him to the wall there, though not stabbing through him, merely having him in a fairly uncomfortable position. Once he was away from her, she willed the ice that had been rapidly crawling up the walls and floors to cease, her hold eyes staring into his, "Well, well. Seems you were more....determined than I assumed. I have to take extra measures next time to keep you in that room and out of here."

She walked over, sitting on the edge of her bed, one leg crossed over the other as she looked back at him, finger nails tapping lightly against her leg, "You had more questions? I don't see what questions one would have to ask in such a situation as this. I already told you all you need to know. Your Elsa is not here, nor is she ever returning. But, fine. I suppose I have time to answer a few of your unimportant questions before having one of my ice golems lock you back in your room again." With a wave of her hand, the ice spikes that held him against the wall shattered, "Go on then. Before I change my mind, Prince."

As the spikes launched towards him, Marenisus braced himself for impact. Just as he had expected while forming the plan, she purposefully missed, choosing instead to slam him against the wall and keep him alive. She spoke thusly, calling him prince once more to his dismay, expressing her desire to toss him into the clutches of her ice golems after they had finished speaking. "That won't be necessary, your highness. Once I have the information I need, I myself will walk back to my room and never return to this chamber without your summons. If you remember anything about me by looking into Elsa's memories, you surely know I am true to my word. If I'm not, I demand you kill me with these spikes of yours." said Marensius, cold and emotionless. Just as she broke the shards, Marensius gave her a sly smile. Nodding his head respectfully, the young man stood up, brushed himself off, and made his way over to her. He didn't sit on the bed with her, but he stood two steps away from her, looking down at the smug-Ice Queen.

"First off, let me ask you this: why is it that you believe you have power? Or rather, control over these powers of ice? Whenever I move, the snow begins to fall. Whenever I blink, the walls freeze over. But whenever I speak, you yourself freeze like a statue and the world around you falls into a winter insanity. Now, why is that? Could it be that your negative emotions are the trigger for such outbursts? Or perhaps is it the incompetence of the Ice Queen managing to control these abilities that causes such outbursts?"

Staring down at her with now cold eyes, Marensius let in a deep breath, allowing his information to sink in. He could tell he was getting to Elsa, but at this rate she would never be free of her wickedness. He didn't want to do this, but he had no choice: he had to pull out the big guns. "Tell me," Marensius asked, "We both know what became of the Queen... But what of the Princess? As far as I can remember, it was Elsa that killed her sister, and like the rest of the kingdom it was Elsa who was planning a grand funeral for the deceased Princess. Around that time, you usurped the fair Queen and became the tyrant you are today, so there was no funeral... And yet, the body of fair Anna was never recovered." Turning his back to her as he moved over to the window, Marensius waited for a moment, acting as she had done in their previous encounter. He was smug, deceitful, and cruel. But it was all a ruse to get Elsa to come out, knowing that avoiding the mention of her sister was the only thing keeping the Ice Queen in control. "So, I ask, where is the body? How do we know she is dead? Or... Here's a thought: it wasn't an accident at all. It was murder."

Turning back now to see Elsa's face, Marensius noticed she was now more pale then ever. The walls were icing and he noticed her heart was no longer beating rapidly, but slowly as if it were stopping entirely: or breaking. "Perhaps it was Elsa's ultimate goal to become you, your highness. With these new powers, how could she not resist the temptation of control? But with her sister in the way, she would always have a guilty conscience, so if there was a way to cut out the middle man, so to speak, she could do whatever she wanted and be without regret. Perhaps Elsa was just as cold, if not colder, then you, your highness. After all, what kind of monster would kill her sister in cold blood and refuse to hold a funeral? I'll tell you what kind of monster..." exclaimed Marensius, his voice getting harsher and harsher as he rapidly approached her, climbing onto the bed so he was only inches away from her face. His expression was terrifying, a combination of insatiable anger and overwhelming sadness. But his eyes remained locked with hers, piercing her to her very core. He saw droplets beginning to form in her eyes, which was a sign that he was winning. She remained quiet, as did he. Then, he leaned forwards and whispered "The worst kind of monster: one named Elsa Patronia."

Backing up, Marensius climbed off the bed and watched how Elsa reacted to his words. She would either kill him, or slip up. But knowing Elsa, she was going to slip up long before she killed him. He just hoped she didn't see through his ruse. All he had to do was wait for Elsa to show her true self again, and then it would be much easier to save his beloved.

Every word he spoke. Every syllable was like a knife piercing into that cold and frozen heart of hers. Her jaw was clenched tightly in anger as he first spoke, speaking and saying how he didn't think she had control of her own powers. Of course she had control! After all, she was able to do all sorts of things with her powers! But then again...did she really? That was the question all too bold when as her anger boiled she could feel the temperature drop once again in the room. Damn him. He was playing with her mind again. She knew he was. And yet she was allowing his words to hurt her so. Was she still really this weak to allow him to do this to her? Why couldn't she just freeze him before he went to far? She wished she could just will her powers to freeze him where he stood, but once again, her old self, that weak self, would not allow her to do so.

And so, she sat there, listening to him go on. And then, he finally did go too far. She couldn't believe what he was suggesting! How could he possibly think she had killed her sister on purpose! She had loved her sister! It was an accident! A horrible accident! At his words, more rapidly than before, ice began to spread everywhere and as he approached her, getting close to her face, calling her a monster, snow and winds began to whirl around the room with a horrible howling force, whipping her long white hair about , the tears that had just barely formed in her eyes freezing over instantly and dropping in frozen droplets to the ground to shatter as she stood.

"I DID NOT MURDER MY SISTER!" Her hand went out, an ice spike coming just centimeters from his chest, hands trembling, "You have no right to saw such things! You don't know what goes on in my head!" More spikes came out, all threateningly close to his body, some even grazing him leaving bloodied scratches along his pale skin as her powers took control in this, frozen droplets continuing to fall from her eyes as she trying to will the spikes to stop thrusting toward him, "It was an accident! She was going to marry that prince! I couldn't let her make the same mistake as me! And then she started yelling and I got mad, and then she got too close!" She had to stop. Had to calm down. This wasn't good. If she didn't one of those spikes would get out of her shaky control and meet their mark. Still they kept coming as her trembling form tried to gain control of her powers again, trying to convince herself in her head to get command of her curse, 'Stop. You're out of control! Stop! STOP!'

Turning her attention away from spikes, she thrust her hands out, and right before her a ice golem was created, roaring before looking at its creator for commands, "Take him to the room! I don't want to see him! Get him out of here!" The creature obeyed the order, stomping over to the young man to grip him in a tight hold and carry the unwilling prince up to the second room of the tower. The thing grabbed the key hanging on a loop outside of the door and after the door was unlocked it threw him in unceremoniously before slamming the door shut and locking it once more.

Once the young man was secure in that room, the thing heavily walked down the stairs to the queens room, where it found her,leaning with one hand braced on the wall for support as she remembered that horrible night. Remembered one of the very ice spikes that she had just barely been able to control moments ago to keep from stabbing the prince stabbing her sister. She remembered her sister's blood pooling from her chest. The way one last gasp escaped her sister after the girl froze over completely. Elsa remembered screaming until her throat hurt too badly to do so anymore. She remembered every horrible tear that fell, every yell of hatred for herself, every painful sob.

She held her trembling hands to her chest and felt a wetness touch her cheeks that could only be recognized barely as tears before they froze and dropped off just like all the others moments before. Clenching her teeth together, she let out a scream of anger that echoed through the tower and probably a good bit of the castle, throwing a hand out, snow erupting from it. Her yells and screams continued, her throwing her hands out every which way, winds and snow whirring around her, until finally she had let it all out, the storm around her ceasing in an instant.

A small sob escaped her throat and she sunk to her knees, one hand resting in the ground while the other covered her face, mixes of more sobs and and gasps for breath from over exerting herself coming from her. She couldn't keep doing this to herself. She had to do something.

He had to go. Somehow or someway, he could not stay here in Arendelle.

Although slightly shocked at the spikes aiming for his body, Marensius smiled as she continued to shout, crying and spilling the truth as she tried to back him into a corner. Obliging, the former prince backed up until he reached the wall just as she wanted, ignoring the minor cuts on his arm as she threw more and more spikes at him. Finally, as his back hit the wall and as she finally stopped talking, Marensius nodded. "And there she is... If there's one thing Elsa has over you, Ice Queen, it's her heart. You love your sister, and so do I. She was my friend... And I don't blame you for what happened. It was an accident." he whispered, gently placing his hand on her cheek. Her skin was cold to the touch, but the area he laid his hand on was instantly warmed. Then, she turned away, tossing his hand off. While the snow golem was being created, Marensius smiled and leaned forwards, avoiding the spike in front of him. "Before I go, I've got one last thing: Elsa would've remembered I practiced drama all my life. Given that I helped bring out Elsa to someone other then yourself for the first time in a long time, I'd say that was a pretty good show. Don't take what I said too seriously, it was all an act. But now, I know for sure she's still there."

The golem quickly scooped him up, carrying him away back atop the tower where he was to be held, but not before Marensius could bid her a goodnight, knowing he had gotten to her. Although it saddened him as both her friend and a man who was in love with her that she was distressed, Elsa had to learn the error of her ways in order to better herself. He found a weakness in the icy emotional shell she had created, and now it was exposed like a nerve. Anna was the answer to fixing Elsa.

Once again, he landed with an audible thud against the hard cobblestone floor, but this time it hurt much less. He was just too concerned about Elsa to care about himself. As the ice golem left, Marensius felt a cold aura emanating from the door, freezing it in place permanently. They didn't think to check the window, which was perfect for him. Elsa didn't realize how he had climbed down, but he quickly gathered his rope before she had a chance to find it. In minutes, the bed was made again and the room was back to normal. But, it was only once he got the chance to look around that Marenisus realized just who this room had previously belonged to: Anna.

It took him a minute to figure it out as most of the things she had kept there were now gone, but Marensius recognized the layout. Curiosity took its hold and Marensius decided to rummage through the only dresser there to try and see if anything was left behind. Within the drawers he found all kinds of trinkets and memorabilia that Anna had kept over the years. There were her favourite winter gloves, a pink scarf, and even a handful of hand-painted images she drew when she was a child. They were mostly of her and her family, but one picture in particular caused Marensius to feel a deep sorrow in the pit of his stomach. It was a drawing of Elsa and himself as children, hugging each other tightly underneath a hanging branch of mistletoe while Anna hugged her sister from behind. All three children had wide smiles on their faces and the image was entitled "My Family".

The young man felt his heart sink as the memories of times long past came flooding back to him. The year that painting was drawn was the year that poor Elsa and Anna lost their parents to the vicious will of the sea. At the winter ball that year held in memorial for the King and Queen, Marensius promised the sisters that he and his father would always be there to help the girls, telling them that they were like family. So, they made sure to have a fun time at the ball and rather then mourn the loss of the King and Queen, they decided to celebrate the lives of the recently deceased.

A single tear swelled up in his eye as Marenisus remembered the night. It was the first night he realized just how beautiful Elsa was, how much he cared for her... How much he loved her. But those times were long gone, forgotten by the woman who still held his affections so dearly. Now, he had to help her, change her into something better. Elsa needed to come back. Quickly tucking the painting into his pocket, Marensius continued to look through the drawers, trying to locate anything he could use to potentially help Elsa.

As Elsa sat there in her room, tears continuing to fall, her delicate hand went to her cheek where the former prince had touched her cheek, slender fingers still feeling the warmth of his touch there. How long had it been? Since she had felt a touch like that? Was it from her sister at the coronation? Or perhaps before then? Either way, it had been a very long time. Never able to be warm. Always cold. That was what she had grown used to. Not to say the cold bothered her. It didn't. But it wasn't the best thing in the world to feel either. And yet she couldn't get near a fire. No, too much warmth hurt. But, the body temperature of a normal person? It was normal. Didn't hurt and fought off the cold. Like how when she was young, when she would play in the snow and then come in for some hot chocolate. That kind of warmth.

Yet, as her freezing hands felt the warmth, it was quick to disappear under her touch. Sighing deeply, she set both hands on the floor as she knelled there, shaking her head. That warmth was nothing. She could never be warm like that again. It was just another part of her curse. No strong emotions. No warmth. Forever to hurt those she cared about. Even if the old her was there like he was saying, it wouldn't do any good. The old Elsa she had once been could never come back. No matter what happened, there would always be times her emotions would get the best of her, whether it be sadness, anger, happiness. All of those emotions would get the best of her and she would continue to hurt people when her powers would get out of control. She would never be normal again. She would forever be the Ice Queen.

Nothing. Nothing could ever bring things back to the way they were.

Slowly Elsa got back to her feet and after breaking the ice that held her door shut, as well as turning the ice golem into a pile of snow on the floor, she shakily made her way over to her bed, crawling onto the mattress and laying there. She cried softly for a long time as she lay there on top of her blanket, her hands clutching at the fabric as if to comfort herself, thinking back to what he had been saying. While she knew he knew it was an accident, just bringing it up was enough to hurt her immensely, especially when most of her time now was spent trying to forget it. Someone bring it up and shoving it back into her face was enough to throw her for a loop, as if it was day she had killed her sister all over again.

She continued to wipe the frozen tears from her cheeks but they just continued to form and finally, as she cried herself to sleep, frozen tears stuck to her skin as she curled up there, trading this horrible world for sleep, even if just for a few hours.

Marensius, now having gathered enough materials to help convince Elsa to change her ways, prepared to escape yet again. The guards were probably asleep or switching, so Marensius knew that an escape could be accomplished soon. But perhaps there was something else he could find in the castle, perhaps he could even locate some kind of magic artifact (however unlikely its existence may be) that could subdue her abilities long enough to bring back his friend. So, quickly scrambling out the window once more, Marensius held onto the stone walls tightly, sliding along until he reached a window leading into the hallway outside of his door. Luckily, the guards were gone, so he could sneak about the castle on his own without being detected, for the moment.

Creeping through the halls, Marensius stopped just short of Elsa's door, noticing it was wide open. Not wanting to disturb her, he began to creep past. Then, he heard her silent weeping and felt his heart drop. He had done this to her. Rather then walk past like he originally planned, Marensius decided to sneak in and comfort her slightly. Being so gentle so she wouldn't wake up, Marensius gently kissed her forehead and helped remove her braid, letting her hair fall loose. Gently stroking her forehead, Marensius looked down at her sleeping face. He softly wiped the frozen tears from her eyes and took the painting out from his pocket. Placing it beside the bed, Marensius turned it over and quickly scrawled a message on it, leaving the image and the message behind for her to read. Before he left, Marenisus looked back down at Elsa, resting his hand upon her soft yet ample chest, feeling her heartbeat for the first time in years. It was soothing to him, he had missed it dearly. Gently leaning down, he placed his lips upon hers in a soft embrace, kissing the woman with all of his love. When the kiss ended, Marensius backed up and turned away, dashing through the halls of the castle as to explore the "Ice Queen's" domain.

But then, he came across one room in particular that interested him: the Ballroom. The very place her coronation had taken place so long ago, and the very place where Anna was killed. The doors were not frozen by ice, but kept shut by a lock. Tugging on the chains, Marenisus realized that the binds were actually made from pure mythril, meaning the lock would not break or be opened without a proper key. Now what would the Ice Queen want to hide if she was 'all powerful' as she pretended to be.

Hearing footsteps echoing down the halls, Marensius quickly dashed back the way he came, making his way back onto the roof until he broke back into his chamber, at which point he realized how exhausted he was from the day's events. Trying to fall asleep was not too difficult as Marensius noticed the bed was softer then he expected. Within minutes, Marensius was fast asleep, visions of his beloved Elsa filling his head... Before they turned to visions of his men dying in the field. Horror quickly took him, and his dream became a nightmare. This was going to be a long night.

Why did she suddenly feel warm? It was a change that was so great from the chilling room she was used to. And yet, in feeling that warmth, she didn't wake up right away. No, she sleepily continued to dream, leaning into the warmth every time it graced her cold skin. As if her body craved that warmth it was missing. It was on her forehead, in her hair, on her cheeks, on her chest, and even once, for what seemed like a long moment, on her lips. It was only when the warmth that graced her cold body left that she woke, confused. She was...shivering. If only for a moment while her body got used to not having that warmth and grew back to the temperature it had been before.

Still, before it did completely fade away, her hands roamed to the areas that had felt warm. Her cheeks were free of the frozen tears she had been so sure had shed. And her forehead head was warm in one spot as well. Her hands moving to her hair, she sat up, blinking in surprise to find that it had been taken out of its braid and was in curls that framed her face and flowed across her back. But...she always had her hair back in a braid now. Even as she slept she had never really taken it down. She ran her hands through her silky hair, feeling in some places where it was warm from someone's touch. Then, her hand went to her chest where, right over her heart, where it was the warmest. Someone had rested a hand there the longest it seemed and her heart beat fluttered ever so slightly at that thought. But, not as much as when her hand finally moved to her lips, feeling the warmth there.

Why was that warmth on her lips? And more importantly, why did it leave her mind racing? Slowly she retracted her hand from her lips and her eyes glanced around the room, to find any clue of who it might have been that had come in here and left this warmth on her (though she had a fairly good idea of who it was anyway) and finally her eyes landed on a piece of paper that lay on her bedside table. Crawling across her bed, she gingerly picked up the paper, eyes widening to see it was a painting. But not just any painting, one that none other than Anna had made picturing the two sisters and Marensius together with the words 'my family'.

She closed her eyes tightly as memories sunk into her head. Of the servants coming to tel her that her parents had been killed by a storm when on the way to some other country, traveling by ship. The ship had gone down and no one had come up. After that, it had just been she and her sister all by their lonesome. Of course, Marensius and his father were there for them. They were practically family. Family. And here she was treating part of her family as though he were a villain. What if she hurt him? What if she accidentally killed him like she did Anna? She opened her eyes and flipped the paper over to place face down onto the bedside table, unable to look at the drawing anymore for fear of more memories being brought back up, when she saw words written on the back of it.

Slowly she picked the paper back up, carefully reading the words,

"I'm sorry for causing you distress, but I did what I had to for your sake. Despite what you think, you're not the Ice Queen. You're Elsa. You didn't kill those people you froze and you won't kill me, despite what you think. Anna would've forgiven you, it wasn't your fault. But you can still change. Whether or not you believe that Elsa is dead, you can't deny that your powers are controlled by emotion. Anna is the one thing you still care about, it's the one thing keeping Elsa alive. You need to learn control, and perhaps I can assist you. My only goal with the rebellion was to get your attention, to make you understand that I'm fighting to save you from the person you've become. You said you married that prince and he broke your heart. You regretted it... So here's a question: why didn't you marry me instead? I was always there for you, and even when you turned your back on everything, I still loved you.

If you ever valued our friendship, you will let me help you. Otherwise, put this paper under my door and I will do you the favor by leaping from my window. No more rebellion, no more 'Prince'. All that will remain is the Ice Queen, and the last shreds of Elsa will die with me.

- Marensius"

'...why didn't you marry me instead?...'

'...I still loved you...'

What? What was he talking about? Marry him? But they had just been friends. Was he suggesting they should have married each other because of that? That it would have been better to marry their friends than someone that they had fallen in love with? Yet, that other line. 'I still loved you'. He had said he loved her plenty of times before, but all those times she had thought it was the love shared between friends. And she might still have thought that was what he meant until her mind went back to what he had said much earlier that day,

'...if I am to die in a manner of my choosing, then I want the woman I love by my side...'

The realization hit her like someone had just threw a boulder at her. All this time....all these years....had he truly loved her? As more than just the way friends love one another? He had done all this for her. Joined the rebellion for her. Had risked his life for her. Had suffered when she chose to marry that prince because had been too blind to see his love for her. So, so, so blind. Now, when she thought back, she could see it. The way he always used to look at her. The way he always stuck by her side. The way he used to make her laugh when she was sad or talk her out of her anger when she would get too frustrated or annoyed. He had always loved her through all of it. Had been there for her. Even now. And yes, her sister had been there for her. And look where the silly girl was now.

She clutched the paper tightly in her hands, slender fingers tracing over the words before she hid the paper away in her bedside table and stood up. She had something she had to take care of and she wouldn't sleep until she did. Walking slightly from her room, the young woman made it all the way to the quarters were her more higher status servants and workers slept, making it to the room in which her head adviser slept. Knocking heavily enough on the door to wake him, he looked up at her a little startled she was here at such an hour, but bowed all the same, obviously nervous about this strange visit, "Y-yes your majesty?"

"I have a very important task for you, Lionian. Do you remember the summer home my parents built years ago? The one on the edge of the forest just on the boarders of the kingdom?"

Straightening from the bow, he looked up at the queen confused, "Yes, I believe I do, your highness. What is it you need of that place though?"

She nodded, seeming in thought for a moment before she spoke, "Send some of our workers there immediately. Have it cleaned up and when it is finished, transfer the prince there and post guards to keep him there, away from this castle. Do I make myself clear?"

While he was even more confused by such a request, the man bowed once more, nodding his head, "Crystal clear, madam. I will send them straight away and have the boy leave by noon tomorrow." With that, the short man scampered off to do just that and the queen made her way back to her chambers to lay in her bed once more and fall asleep. For more than one reason, most of those reasons for himself and his safety from her, Marensius had to go.

The next morning, Marensius was awoken suddenly by the rough hands of four palace guards, grabbing his arms and legs as they hoisted him into the air. Kicking and swinging his arms wildly in a futile attempt to escape, Marenisus watched as he was carried out of the room and into the hallway. The guards marched through the castle, forcing him out of Arendelle without his consent. But as they passed through the halls, Marensius saw Elsa, still dressed in her nightgown, come rushing out of her room due to the commotion. The look in her eyes said it all: she was compromised. Her heart was breaking, seeing him carried away, but she was doing it out of fear. She was afraid that she would hurt him like she hurt Anna, but it would not stray him from his goal. "This won't solve your problem, Elsa! You know what I said, and if you've learned anything yesterday, you'll know I'll be back in a week. You can't run from me, Elsa, and I am not giving up on you!" he exclaimed, his voice full of hope and determination. His eyes caught Elsa's for a moment and, in an instant, he freed his right arm and tossed a small item near her feet. As a result of throwing the item, the guard punched him roughly in the stomach and threatened to gut him before reclaiming his grip on Marensius' arm. The guards quickly hauled the young prince away while he shouted "The heart of ice is melting!" over an over like a mad man.

The item which he had tossed to Elsa was none-other then a hope charm his mother had given him as a child. It was a small, smoothly polished stone of marble tinted dark blue. The text inscribed on its surface read 'Trust in the heart'. It was his family creed, meaning that no matter what obstacles one might face in this world, the one thing you can always listen to is your heart. Let your heart guide you, let love and friendship be the drive in your life, and always be virtuous, honest, and just. It was a keepsake for him and he hoped that in the time he was gone, she would hold onto it for him and remember who she once was.

-- Four Days Later --​

"Barely a week, but still too long." Marenisus said to himself, tapping the sideboard beside Elsa's bed. In the time since they had brought him to the Arendelle royal family's summer home, Marensius had struck out on a little adventure of his own. On the way out of the castle, he managed to pass on a message to the carriage driver, who happened to be a member of the rebels. Marensius instructed the man to leave a horse for him at the wooded area close to the summer house. Once he arrived and the guards dropped him off in his private quarters, Marensius made his escape. Sure he had to break the lock on a window, but things could have been worse. From there, he climbed down the building and ran towards the wooded area. Just as he hoped, the horse was waiting for him and from that point, it was a straight ride towards Arendelle.

Upon his arrival, Marensius bid the horse goodbye and made his way into the city, moving towards the castle until finally, he climbed up the tower and snuck into Elsa's bedroom undetected. He heard from the townspeople that she was currently holding a council with her servants, explaining the new services they would be providing for her. So now it was just a matter of time until she showed up.

As the newly replaced door opened and Marensius saw Elsa enter, her head tilted towards the floor as she looked at something in her hands, he spoke. "I appreciate the fact you cared enough to try and keep me 'safe', but I'd rather jump out that balcony and make a blue-blooded mess on the pavement then be strayed from my goal. You're not getting rid of me, Elsa. I'm not giving up on you."

"The heart of ice is melting!"

It had been for painfully long days. In the time he had been gone, she had been...extremely frustrated. Angered. Short-tempered. More servants than usual had fallen victim to her magic because of this, a new Frozen Graveyard having to be created on the opposite side of the castle from the original one because the first Frozen Graveyard was full. So many questions ran through her mind. Just how was Marensius holding up in the summer home? Would he try to escape? Surely her guards would keep him there, correct? Would he do something stupid while he was there? Why in the world was she thinking about him so much? Why did it even matter to her? Should she send a letter asking the guards how he was doing? Should she go there herself to see? Oh why couldn't she just get a hold of herself and stop thinking all these things?!

The more she thought these things and were frustrated by all her own questions, the more people suffered. In fact, so many had been lost, she had to hire more staff. A shame really. None of them had any ideas what they were doing and so she had to have a long meeting with them to fill them in on their duties around the castle. It had to have been at least an hour or two before she was finally done and heading back through the hallways, toward the tower stairs. And as she did her hand drifted to the small pocket in her dress in which held a small marble like stone. The very stone that had been tossed to her feet days before.

Pulling it out, she held it gingerly in her hand, reading once again the text that had been carved into it, 'Trust in the heart' . It was a saying she faintly remembered his father and mother saying often. Yet, how could she 'trust in her heart' if her heart was frozen solid? Seemed kind of silly to give her such a thing that held such meaningless words to someone of her situation. Still, for some reason she couldn't bare to hide it away somewhere that she didn't have to see. Perhaps it was because there had been a time in her life she could relate to those words, even if now they seemed useless to her.

"I appreciate the fact you cared enough to try and keep me 'safe', but I'd rather jump out that balcony and make a blue-blooded mess on the pavement then be strayed from my goal. You're not getting rid of me, Elsa. I'm not giving up on you."

A small gasp escaped her and the floor under her feet getting a fresh layer of ice thanks to her shock, as she looked up from the stone in her hand to see as she walked into her room, none other than Marensius there in her room, tapping at the side of her headboard as he spoke. After her initial shock though, there was a mixture of annoyance and exasperation as she looked at him, unamused, "Hmm, seems like I need to get myself some new guards if you were able to not only slip past them in the summer home but to also sneak all the way up here without being caught."

She crossed her arms, giving a wave of her hand, "Don't flatter yourself, Prince. I didn't lock you up to keep you safe. i locked you up to keep you until I figured out what to do with you so you would be out of my hair." She sighed, "No matter though, I'll just have my guards take you back there." Waving her hand once more, this gesture created another ice golem at her will, "Go fetch me head of the guard." With that, the thing stomped out, the doors closing behind it as she turned her cool eyes to him, "Won't be long now before you're back in your pretty little prison."

"No, there is nothing wrong with your guards. I'm just very good at what I do." he said in a cocky voice, teasing her. But Elsa went on to further express how she wanted him out of her hair and keeping him in that house was not for his 'safety'. "I'm sure that's what you chose to believe. I'm also sure that you kept that token as an ever-growing portion of your rock-collection, just as I am sure that I was born a dragon with the power to fart rainbows." the former prince explained, his expression turning dry as he spoke of such silly things. He knew it would've sounded insulting, but at this point Elsa needed some more tough love. He was just playing the game like she chose to play it.

Soon, a new guard was created and sent off to gather the others. The smug smile on her face made Marenisus grin back at her. "Well, if that's how you're going to play the game then I think I'll have some fun as well, your highness." he said, standing from the bed and happily trotting over to the balcony. Sitting down on the ledge of the rail, he kicked his legs back and forth playfully, watching her. "But I'm not going back. How can I expect to beat four days of traveling time? Double the guards, tie me to the bed, lock me in a box and throw away the key: it doesn't matter. I'll keep coming back to be with you, just like my letter suggested. After all, the heart of ice is melting."

Looking her dead in the eyes, Marensius smiled pleasantly at Elsa. His fingers danced along the stone railing, tapping away at the partially frozen balcony. "Well... Now we're presented with a choice. I don't want to go back, but you need me out of your hair. Seems like there's only one option left, isn't there?" asked Marensius, raising an eyebrow playfully at Elsa. Her expression gave away she didn't realize his true meaning, so he thought he would just run with it and see what happened.

"I bid you, adieu, my beloved Elsa." he exclaimed with a wide grin before he pushed himself backwards off of the balcony, plummeting headfirst towards the ground.

And there he went with his same old babbling again. Of how he wasn't going to leave her and how he would just keep coming back to be with her even if she did send him away again. Well, then he would just have to keep doing that. Every time he would head back, she would send him away again. It was as simple as that. And there was no way she was going to let him have a choice in the matter either. He was going to go back to that summer home whether he liked it or not. All she had to do was listen to his little speak while she waited for the head of the guard to show up and then she could rest in peace for at least a few days until he somehow managed to find his way back here.

But then, he moved to the balcony and she took a few steps forward, a little confused as to why he was heading out there to sit on the railing like that. Just what was he doing? He was being much too causal. And that smile on his face really didn't help her feel at ease about whatever was going on. And soon, she realized just why he was looking at her in such a way because in the next moment, after saying a farewell, he fell back off of the railing of the balcony, making her heart leap out of her chest at the side of him doing so.

"Marensius!" In the next instant she was rushing forward, onto the balcony, hand flying out instinctively, a long slide like layer of ice forming from where he was falling so that he slid off of it and all the way down to the ground where he would land in a pile of fresh powdery snow. Anger rushed through her veins toward him as a pillar of ice suddenly rose up from under him, and grew until it was level with the balcony. When it was at that height, and he was in her reach, the young queen reached out, frustratingly gripping his arms to pull him back onto the balcony and then drag him into the room where he couldn't try to jump a second time.

Once he was out of harms way, the frustrated blonde gripped the front of his shirt in anger, pulling him toward her as she hissed in frustration at him, "Are you crazy?! You could have been killed! You-you stupid idiot!"

As the slide formed beneath him, Marensius let out a smile and sighed happily, closing his eyes while he enjoyed the ride. Once again, she was proving his point. Soon he landed, then the pillar of ice formed underneath him, elevating his body up to the ledge where he was promptly pulled back inside. The angry screams of Elsa made him revel in joy. "Yes, I could have died and no, I'm not crazy. Crazy in love maybe, but not insane. However, I did manage to bring Elsa back for a moment, so that's cause for celebration." he exclaimed, smiling at her even though she was enraged. Taking his chance while he still held him close, Marensius planted a quick but passionate kiss upon her lips. He could tell she was stunned from such an act because of the way her grip loosened, allowing him to move around the room freely again. Making his way to the wall adjacent to her, Marensius leaned against it and offered her a much more reserved smile, a charming look that many women would have found irresistible.

"But seriously, Elsa... I'm sorry about that, but you needed the push. Or rather, you needed me to push myself off the balcony, but that's a bit specific. My point is, you're not a bad person so stop acting like one. Drop this whole 'evil queen' nonsense, you can still make things right. It might not be easy, but that's why I'm here! I can help you through it, help you learn how to use your powers! Rather then toss me away to the guards, a situation in which we both know I'll just escape again, why don't we actually talk like civilized people? No more closed off, high and mighty, 'the cold never bothered me anyways' attitude, alright? Let the true Elsa show up for a few minutes just like she did when I jumped!"

Knowing his words were probably not enough, Marensius looked at the sword and shield display hanging beside him. "Or, if you're really willing to stick with the Ice Queen facade, I can jump again or see how good that sword is at running people through via their own hand. It's up to you, but if you don't care about my well being like you said you did then I'll have to do something stupid again to prove you wrong."

Elsa glared at him more the way he just continued to smile at her, as if his life hadn't just been in terrible danger. She was about ready to start yelling at him once more when suddenly he did something she hadn't been expecting him to do. His lips, even if just for a moment, were soft yet passionate against hers. His lips tasted sweet against her own and her hands that held his shirt loosened in shock ever so slightly as he kissed her. A small gasp for breath escaped her lips when he pulled away after such a short amount of time, her body once again frozen in place by her emotions swirling inside of her, her powers mimic these emotions as snow began to swirl quickly around the room as well. Her slender fingers touched her lips, feeling the warmth on them and thinking how similar it was the warmth she had felt on them just a few nights ago. Was this the first kiss he had given her? Or was the reason her lips had been warm those few nights ago because he had kissed her in her sleep then? And if he had done so just a few nights ago, had there been times even before that, before she had become the Ice Queen, that he had done this?

Slowly her fingers lowered from her lips and she listened to him speak again, looking up from under her long lashes as he gave her what could only be considered a 'charming smile'. Of course though, having grown up with him, she was a bit immune to such a smile by now. Instead, she stood there, listening to him speak to her and when he was through speaking, silently the queen turned and walked over to the bed, sitting on the edge of it once more, her back purposely to the him as she spoke quietly, "I am a bad person. After all, what type of good person stabs her sister with a spike of ice and freezes her over? What kind of good person freezes hundred of innocent people just because she's angry? You just don't seem to understand. No matter what you say, or what you do, this is who I am now...the Ice Queen..."

She rubbed her arms slightly, not form cold but in a motion that was meant to comfort herself, "Why can't you just....go on with your life and leave me be? I'm not good for you anyway. I'd just end up killing you...just like I did Anna...you'd be better off leaving and finding some other woman who couldn't possibly kill you if she got a little too angry. Someone normal and good and....and not me."

Although she seemed to focus on the kiss for a long while, Marenisus was slightly upset when she suddenly spoke about how she wasn't a good person. She had impaled Anna and then froze her sister's body, she had frozen her people and taken land from other monarchs, believing she could only ever be the 'Ice Queen', wether she wanted to be herself or not. Marensius was about to explain how she was a good person once more, but then he registered a piece of information she didn't quite understand herself. "Wait... You froze Anna?" he asked with his eyes suddenly wide, his face now pale from surprise. "Elsa... You're telling me that after what happened, you froze your sister as well?" asked the prince again, realizing his words might have sounded judgemental to the emotional girl. But then, his face slipped back into another smile and he leapt from the wall, charging towards her. Jumping on the bed playfully beside her, Marensius threw his arms around the perplexed Queen and hugged her tightly, laughing like an idiot. "This is incredible! I can't believe it! Elsa, you genius!" exclaimed Marenisus, pecking her lips once more before he climbed off the bed, pacing through the room. "Where did you put her? Is she close? She's not in the Frozen Graveyard, is she? Oh Elsa, this is incredible! We need to find the trolls! They'll know how to unfreeze her!"

But as he turned his head back to Elsa, readying himself for departure, he noticed the confused and distressed look on her face. Oh, right. The Ice Queen hadn't learned the truth about the statues. Wiping his face as the realization came over him, Marensius let out a deep breath and nodded his head. "Right, I forgot... Okay, listen to me on this. What I'm going to say is perfectly true, alright? Anna... There's a chance she could still be alive." he whispered, moving to sit beside her on the bed, taking her hands in his own. "You see, the ice statues... Well, you never really killed the people you froze. From what I've learned, the ice just puts them in a perfect hibernation, like a bear. They're asleep, but still alive. If the ice were melted somehow, then the person inside would be a little disoriented, but they'd be alive! Elsa, you said you froze Anna. That means that you preserved her, kept her inside a protected case... Kept her alive. To an extent. There's still the ice-shard we have to deal with, but in my travels I met with a group of mythical Trolls who possessed great magic ability. They saved my life, actually." explained Marenisus, pulling up the side of his shirt to reveal a nasty looking scar on his stomach (which looked rather fit, as he had the beginnings of a six-pack). "One of your guys ran me through a year ago with his sword. Thought I was some random Rebel. Tons of blood, I actually passed out and was close to death... But the Trolls found me, made me better. They healed the wound and cauterized it... I'm alive because of them. I'm sure if we ask them for help, they can heal Anna just like they healed me!"

Looking her dead in the eyes, Marensius smiled. "We can save her, Elsa... She's still alive thanks to you."

Confusion slipped over her when he mentioned how she had frozen Anna and she looked down at her hands, "It...was an accident. My powers had been going out of control as it was. Right when the ice spike hit, it froze her over as well, along with all the others in the party who didn't make it out in time..." Then, suddenly, she was basically tackled in a hug, gasping and even giving a small yelp of surprise, the emotion causing a quick strong wind mixed with a little snow to brush past them for an instant. She looked at him wide eyed at his excitement. Just what was he so happy about? She had frozen her sister! There was nothing to be happy or excited about when it came to that. And yet here it was, calling her a genius and laughing in a way that she really thought perhaps he had gone mad and even kissing her lips once more (did he not realize how frustrating it was to her every time he did that), her hands freezing the blanket under her touch as he did.

When he got up and began pacing, Elsa sat up, watching with still confused eyes, as well as a mixture of confusion when he got up and started pacing, first asking her where she had put Elsa, as well as saying something about getting the 'trolls'. She slowly stood from the bed, walking him, "What? I-I left her in the ballroom. But- what does this have to do with anything? She's frozen. And what do you mean by trolls and unfreezing her?"

Finally he stopped pacing and went on to explain more things that made her blink in surprise, her heart racing at what he was saying. All those ice people inside the frozen statues she had created, none of them were dead? They were all still alive and in some sort of sleep? It was like a part of her life and all the thoughts she had been having the past two years of her rule had come crashing down upon her. So...she wasn't a murderer? All those people were just in a hibernation? But what did that mean for Anna? Was Anna still inside there and alive? Had she been suffering from that horrible spike of ice for two years in her sleep, or was she unable to feel it at all? She ran her hands over her face in fear at that thought and now she was the one pacing, snow swirling around her once again, as it always did when she got like this. But then, Marensius continued speaking and told her about how the trolls had healed him.

Stopping her pacing now, she looked over at him, her eyes moving to his stomach where he showed her the scar. She only looked at it a moment before politely averting her gaze from the bare flesh, noting how one could barely even see the scar the trolls had fixed it up so well. Would they....would they really be able to fix Anna? She turned and looked back to him, worry spread across her face, "But...the wound...a spike through the heart? Can...they really fix something like that? What if they can't? What if she's just been suffering all this time in there? What if in the end we can't save her?"

"Elsa, the sword went clear through me. The hilt stopped at my stomach, the blade stuck out of my back." Marensius explained, using his hands to emphasize his previous wound. Dragging his left hand along the length of an invisible blade, Marenisus balled up his right hand over his stomach as if he were holding the hilt of a blade. "It was a wound just like Anna's and just as deadly. Both of us would have died, had it not been for two things: in Anna's case, your accidental freezing and in my case, the troll's healing magic. I'm positive they'll be able to heal her! Don't even think about if they can't, we don't know until we try! Their magic works in mysterious ways, I bet they'd even be able to create a human being out of nothing!"

Quickly moving, Marenisus took her hand and prepared to lead her out of the room when he suddenly remembered he was supposed to be a prisoner. "Um... Right. Here's a thought, Elsa: could you perhaps call off your guards? Tell them I'm not a threat or I've been converted or something... Or, I guess since they're ice golems, just dissolve them or something? Otherwise, I'd have to keep escaping from them or sneak down to the ballroom with the trolls to help Anna."

Status
Not open for further replies.