The fresh smell of death in the morning.

Is the story entertaining?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Needs revising.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Kaylee managed to grab a few more supplies including beef jerky, some canned goods, and some table cloths- she couldn't find any tarps. She zipped up her back pack, which was full nearly to the point of bursting and somewhat heavy. As Maro set off the alarms she ran for the door, but stopped short, turned to the pay out counter quickly, and grabbed the three best knives on display. One was larger, and two were durable folding pocket knives. Without wasting any more time, she took off out the door where she found Billy waiting for her. A smile crept across her features. Her parents had always taught her, as a daughter should be taught, not to ever leave with a stranger and especially not a guy... "To hell with that." She thought, "Same rules can't apply when the infected are running rampant out there." Plus, he seemed like a very nice guy, she'd be better off with someone watching her back than trying to go it alone. The girl tossed her bag and the knives in the passenger floor board before graciously accepting his help up into the cab. "Well, aren't you a gentleman? I thought those traits were lost even before this crises hit." She tried to pretend she wasn't nervous at all, and hoped it was working. Her smile widened a bit as she met his gorgeous eyes. Kaylee was a sucker for eyes. 'The windows to the soul', she had heard once. She looked to the door, wondering if anyone else was coming or if they were following Maro on foot.

"Maro." he replied calmly, watching her with interest now. "you've got a point, there are few humans left, but i'm pretty sure i would have seen someone who wears a gas mask as an accessory." he said coldly, a snicker arriving to his face. "Nice to meet you Lilly."

" Oi at least i wont have to smell and die from poison bombs when i get a chance to throw one~" Lily pouts as she looks up at him. Sighing she grabs her axe to see if it was still sharp putting it back on her side she looks at Maro again with intrest as she makes fun with his name " Sooo~ Mario have you met someone yet? like Luigi? and Princess Peach?" she smiles wickedly behind the mask as her white hair flowed through the air..

He chuckled and retorted with snide in his voice obvious. "I've met billy hatcher if that's worth anything." he said with a snicker. "Have you bloomed yet, or traveled on water?" He stated. The wind blowing his darker dirty blonde locks slightly while he watched her. "Don't suppose you'd like to hang around and travel with someone, 'could use someone with a bit of a touch of insanity around here."

" Huh that chicken kid? " she said with a plain voice while turning back " water? hmm yes but mostly not and i occasionally get to kill zombies with out any other zombies... i always seem to end up meeting a herd or groups of zombies" she tells him " and Im okay travelling with anyone just hadn't seen a human yet except the perverted ones which are now dead........by me." she tilts her head back at him as she grins "and the infected~" looking at him while turning back to get closer at him with her chainsaw dragging around.

Last edited by a moderator:
"If a human was perverse then i won't condemn you for butchering them." he said, a cruel smile filling his face. He would not stand for perverse people within this last world. "It's a shame that not many good people live now. They practically commit suicide by letting the bit ones get close so when they turn they get bit themself. It's a shame realy, but i guess it's true, only the strong survive."

" Heh.... truly...just do one brave thing today.. then run like hell" she stares up at him a little bit upset because of their height she asked him an... unusual question.. " One thing... what are your secrets on getting tall? " pointing a finger up and down at him as she gets a bit disappointed for not growing.

"Eat a good diet and drink lots of milk." he answered calmly with a snicker. Taken aback slightly by how she suddenly cared for height differences. "Care to travel with me? i'm heading south, there's a mall there that's yet to be looted.

Kaleb woke up immediate the explosion rattled him "Who was that" he was pissed he saw a zombie in the distance he locked the door the lock was busted "F**k!" he turned of the lights the zombie had heard him he was ready for what ever he was going to face

Lily thought about it while tapping her head with a finger. She sighs as she carries her chainsaw as looks up at him.. "Heh....yeah sure ill travel with ya" she grins widely as she put up her hood

"Alright then, let's see if we can't jump start a car still, since it will be a long walk otherwise." he stated calmly, looking around the area for any cars that may have been able to be used. "There was a car repair shop somewhere around this part of town. If we can find that, we can find a car battery to break open and jumpstart the car. Along with maybe a bit of gun ammo behind the counter for those clerks who held weapons." He stated calmly, eyes hovering over the area.

"Hmm k if you say so..." Lily says as she walks at the center of the road.....Until she hears a roar "h-ha The fuck was that?" she laughed nervously as she turns to Maro feeling soft vibration on the ground..

"I don't know either." his movements turned slightly erratic as he moved over to Lilly feeling the vibrations as well. The shaking of the ground had grew more violent almost immediately as it began to rip open. "Earthquake? Zombie hoard?" he quizzically said while watching the tear in the ground grow. The roar alone was enough to nearly trigger something in his mind to say 'run' but this tear was about to force him into that action if zombies started to come out.

"You know the best thing to do?" she says as she sees a big hulky figure of a zombie coming out from the corner stopping in the middle as its head turns towards them . growling a little the monster starts coming to them...

"RUN." she says as she grabs Maro's arm running away form it.

"Fuck." he whispered seeing the large zombie before turning on heel with lily. "Stay outside of buildings, if we get trapped then we're dead meat. Same with cars." he called out while reaching for the machine gun he had stole from the previous store. Grabbing it with one hand and swapping it with his bat he tried to load it with his other free hand. "LMG, stole it from a store." he said calmly while he managed to load the weapon with some ammo in it's magazine. "We can try to get a few shots in, but i doubt it will do much on it's own."

" HAHA! yea~ First thing first! we have to escape that!" Lily turns at the monster still following them as she turns back to him "So got plan B? if we fail?" she asks while she cleanly cut few zombie heads on the way making sure no blood gets on her.

"Run like bloody hell or at least try to die gracefully." he said with a snicker. His adrenaline was pumping as he turned to face the zombie monster. "Hey ya lug! Over here!" he called out, aiming the LMG and getting a few shots into it's chest, which only made it madder. It's full attention was on Maro now. Running a distance away from lilly while handing her the LMG he led the zombie off. "Bait and switch!"

"WTF?!" She screams as the zombie targets Maro. Thinking quickly she shoots the zombie's head as it turns its attention to her. Growling the zombie starts charging at her while Lily starts grabbing her ax aiming it at the zombie's head grinning wider and wider "come on come to momma"

Maro snickered and hopped onto the zombie's back, crawling up it steeply. Luckily there was no blood on his back, and using his bat to avoid the blood he started pulling the zombie's head back, turning it into some kind of mount. It stops and struggles, trying to break free before giving in and roaring angrily. "Looks, like we've got a ride!" he said with a devious snicker. "Grab the gun, we're gonna need it."

Running to the monster's back and to Maro she gave the gun to him as she brushes her hair while looking at him "did i mention you being a maniac" Lily told him while she points at the huge zombie under them