The fresh smell of death in the morning.

Is the story entertaining?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Needs revising.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ben raised his silenced .22 rifle and finished off a zombie he came across. He could here talking coming from the nearby building and went to investigate. He saw the truck outside and took a look inside for anything interesting or useful.

"A what? I hunt for my food, f that's what you mean.. I told you who I am." She responded. 'Is this guy nuts?!' , She wondered. Kaylee took a step backward towards the door. Maybe she'd be safer alone, after all. 'What was that?' A gun shot nearby. Great. Danger in front and behind. Slowly, she took another step toward the doorway.

Hearing and seeing her reaction his muscles untensed and he lowered the bat. "You're clear. You can come in. We've got some supplies if you need them. Watch out for the zombie blood though, if enough gets on you you'll turn." he stated calmly, heading back inside to grab some water bottles and toss them to the newcomer.

Lily walked around the silent city with her black hoodie up as she drags her black chainsaw on the ground. Breathing through her black gasmask she ran dragging her chainsaw making a light screech she notices zombies starting to come out and toward the sound...she continued to run as she trues to find a building where she could hide from..

Last edited by a moderator:
She caught the bottles and hesitantly stepped back inside, looking out the door behind her. People were gathering at an alarming rate. More people meant more noise. More noise meant more zombies. She turned back to the others, speaking softly. "We need to get out of town in a hurry." She advised. In a single fluid movement, the blonde twisted out of her backpack and dropped it to the ground. The water bottles were put inside the largest compartment. While remaining constantly aware of all the various strangers' movements, she began exploring each isle carefully. The pet section. She was amazed no one had raided this yet. Every leash, chain, and ground stake were packed carefully into her bag. Perfect for building materials. She selected a couple bags of chewy meat dog treats to use for hunting/fishing bait as well.

It occurred to her that perhaps she should converse with the others, but she was focused on the task at hand. Plus, she didn't know what to say anyway. "Some day we're having, huh? Beautiful weather! Blood thirsty dead folk everywhere! Gotta love fall." ((OOC//Assuming it is?)) Kaylee grinned, stifling a giggle at her imagined conversation starter.

Finally recovering from the brain freeze, the redneck noticed the absolutely beautiful girl walk in. Instantly attracted her, Billy felt intense anxiety come over him. All the hot girls around were either dead or infected, so he couldn't screw this up. Tossing the ice cream and picking up his shot-guns, he started to make his way towards her, but got distracted by the box of ammo Lora was looting. Joining her, Billy grabbed as many boxes as possible and stored them in his truck. An individual with a 22 joined them, but Billy just let him be.

dierks.jpg

Walking back inside, Billy approached Kaylee and introduced himself with a big ol' smile on his face, "Hello there pretty lady! My names Billy," He was so excited to talk to her that his blue eyes shone brighter than usual. Putting away his Winchesters and offering a handshake to Kaylee, the country boy waited to see her reaction.

Kaylee looked up from her looting when she heard footsteps approaching. She stood, deep blue eyes calm and calculating. As he extended his hand, the tiniest hint of color crept into her cheeks, barely noticeable. The girl averted her eyes for a brief second, and shook his hand. With a warm smile, she forced herself to make eye contact with the handsome guy. And a country boy too? They're usually real gentleman. "Hi there, I'm Kaylee. Nice to meet you."' She responded, doing her best to pretend she wasn't shy.

She nodded toward the shotgun. "Bet that thing has saved your life more than once," she admired the weapon, "are you well stocked on ammo?" As soon as the words left her mouth she realized she sounded dumb. Of course he had ammo. Isn't that the first thing anyone with a gun gathers in these situations? Her brain worked super speed trying to think up a way to play it off but nothing came to mind.

Maro sighed lightly and moved over to the gun isle, there was still a light machine gun hidden in a case. He took a deep breath and shouted as quietly as possible. "I'm gonna set off the alarms, everyone get ready to run." his voice echoed as he gripped his bat and prepared to swing. The gun would be a better weapon than his bat, that was for sure.

"My pleasure Kaylee," Billy responded still smiling. He was feeling extremely anxious and couldn't barely hold it in. Wiping his hand on his butt, he hoped she didn't notice his super sweaty hand, "Yes, I've got myself plenty of ammo and if you want I can teach you how to shoot," Suddenly a deep red hue came to his face when he realized that he presumed she couldn't shoot, "Not saying you can't shoot that is--" He let out a nervous laugh, "HA-HA-HA"

Maro suddenly announced he was going to set the alarm. This completely took his attention off the beautiful girl, but only for a moment, "Hold on Maro!"

Looking back at Kaylee, his boyish smile and southern drawl returned, "Well, Kaylee, I would be honored if you accompanied me in my off-road truck. It is safe and has enough diesel to go anywhere within 750 miles. Where is a place you always wanted to see?"

For the first time in weeks, Billy felt the constant threat of zombie attacks disappear in the mesmerizing presence of Kaylee.

The boy heard the response and stopped right before breaking the casing. "You get fifteen minutes to speak and gather things before i bust this open and set off the alarms." His voice responded calmly as he went into the gun aisle and grabbed a lot of Machine Gun ammo, as much as he could pocket within their magazines, and went back to the case, tensing up again as he prepared to put strength behind his next swing again.

She grinned as he fumbled over his words. He seemed nice enough. One thing was for sure, the last thing she'd expected was to be hit on. Kaylee found she enjoyed his attention, though. "Billy, I'd be happy to accompany you. My legs could use a rest, I've been travelling on foot a lot lately. Don't really have any specific place in mind to go." Her gaze wandered to the others for a moment, wondering if there was a safe zone already established outside town. "Where is everyone staying?" Kaylee called to the group. She had a camp site set up, but it was small and not well defended. She heeded Maro's warning and picked up her pack. "Just going to gather a few last minute supplies, meet you outside?"

Meanwhile Kaleb sat in a wood cabin outside of the city in a deep forest he had a bottle of vodka quarter draken from yesterday he was tired and hung over it was early but that didn't matter he layed down and went to sleep

Billy's heart dropped in glorious happiness when the pretty lady accepted his offer. His smile broadened, for he became momentarily dazed in happiness. The girl drifted slightly away from him and asked everyone else what their plan was. Without saying another word, the country boy ran over to his lifted-truck and turned it on. The smell of diesel fumes filled the air. Stepping down he waited for Kaylee to come back. Like a true southern gentleman, Billy would help her up into the front-passenger seat when she was ready to go. He would also allow anyone that Kaylee wanted to come along hop in the truck. There is room for 3 others.

((I am done posting until tomorrow, later all! ))

Lily ran until she in the center, turning back she already saw zombies coming near her activating her chainsaw she bashed the the head of the zombie making a huge noise that can be heard by miles she cuts the head while making a huge mess and before any blood comes near her, she runs backward to avoid it...grinning inside her mask she throws a granade at a group of zombies exploding them into a mess making a pool of blood while the making another huge sound she runs into an abandoned black motorcycle as she activates its engine driving towards another place where maybe some people she might find...

Upon the fifteen minutes being over, Maro slammed the bat into the case, smashing it open and setting off the alarms. Grabbing the machine gun inside and putting his bat in the back of his jacket on a satchel, he dashed out the door as the alarm rang forth. A zombie hoard would be on it's way soon. "Time's up, it's time to move." He stated coldly, running past lora and the others. He decided on heading to the north, where the larger city was. He could already see a few zombies around the area starting to move. "Shit." he said quietly while running past the zombie groups, avoiding bites by a hair.

Driving on the road she could see zombies in front of her and it was big..a large amount of zombies stood as they wonder. " A plan.. " she mutters as she saw an abandoned weaponry shop stopping in front of it she runs through the windows as she quickly grabs the first weapon she sees and some grenades. Grabbing a shot gun with full ammo she decides to go on a suicide mission grabbing some duck tape and rope she went to her bike and started sticking grenades everywhere with duck tape and tying the trigger with a rope. After everything was set she started the engine again as she charges toward the zombies...

Within a second she pulls the trigger and jumps of the bike rolling on the ground as her white hair flowed through the air until her arm was hit giving it a bad bruise. Standing up she takes cover holding her chainsaw as she watches the bike going towards them , going slow she sees the bike about to explode as she sees something off the distance..

The sound of ticking could be heard to maro from a small distance, seeing the motorcycle, he stopped for a minute letting the explosion take place as he took cover. When it was safer to travel he went through the cloud of smoke left behind, popping out on the other side, becoming visible to the chainsaw woman and vice versa. The wheels on his roller blades were broken and he was running on them now, since he couldn't stop back at his hide out to grab actual shoes. Seeing her with a chainsaw he held out his bat and pulled into a defensive stance, as if expecting a fight. "Hunter or not?" he asked with a gruff tone of annoyance.

Grinning she stood up in front of him with wicked eyes as her amber eyes stares in to his.... " hm.. Can i say both? " she says while going around him dragging her chainsaw creating a spark. " You know you don't have to be sooo defensive relax Im just a fellow trying to survive~" She tells him with a calming tone but staring at him intensely as if she was examining an experiment.. She chuckles a little bit before saying "Citizen~" she grins wider in her gas mask

His guard was kept up. Something about her seemed...off, and it kept him on guard. "Never seen you around. What's your name?" He asked calmly, his muscles releasing some tension as he watched her, seeming to circle her as well. They were both highly examining the other now. "Where'd you get the chainsaw?"

"Psh of course you've never seen me... Hello? Zombie apocalypse here~ you'll hardly see and people who are not infected around.." She said "Oh.. names Lily~ and this chainsaw? " she lifts her weapon as she she points it to him " Aww come on its not bad to steal this baby on a secured area before this started " she smiles wickedly again before putting it down. "So got a name? if none imma call you Bat-Man" As she points to the bat hes holding.