4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Nonbinary
  4. Futanari
  5. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy, Magical, Romance, Slice of Life, Horror and certain fandoms.
IC Thread ~ Click HERE

A long time ago, so long that no one can even remember when or who delivered the prophecy. It was said that four babies would be born. Each baby would a strong affinity for one of the elements. fire, water, earth, and wind. The king at the time was a tyrant who ruled with an iron fist. The lands were in ruins, the people lived in poverty. Yet legend said that these children would rise up and restore the land to its former glory. The children were born, as foretold, around twenty or so years ago. The moment these children were born, the king had his guards whisk them away and lock them in a tower together.

On top of the poverty, the two races fought for supremacy. Humans and Demons constantly fought for power and what little food there was. This kept most of his subjects out of his way. If they were too busy fighting each other, they would pay him no mind.

It has been many years since that day, yet brave warriors still rise up and try to reach the tower. It is not as easy as it seems though. The king had his mages plant spells around the tower, ones that are not easily broken. Not to mention the battalion of guards that watch the entrance day and night. Plus it is rumored that a large stone door seals the tower, a riddle written across it.

Will you be one of the brave and try to free the elementals? Or will you continue to live in poverty under the rule of the king?

Character Sheets

Name~
Gender~
Age~
Race~
((Human or Demon))
Rank~ ((Where you are in society))
Elemental~ ((Yes or no))
Weapons~ ((If any))
Appearance~ ((Picture or *very* detailed description))

Mine

Name~ Kimiko
Gender~ Female
Age~ 21
Race~ Human
Rank~ Noble
Elemental~ Fire Elemental
Weapons~ None
power_of_fire_by_yanniplum_d54grf5_by_xhelena_skyx-dbr8uap.png

Name~ Winola "Winny"
Gender~ Female
Age~ 23
Race~ Human
Rank~ Knight
Elemental~ No
Weapons~ Rapier
a0412c706089a2d7d633f1cc6267199b_by_xhelena_skyx-dbr8uax.jpg

Rules
Learn them. Live them. Love them.
1. Obvious. No god-modding.
2. Respect the other people. If your character wants to bitch slap another character and cuss them out, go right ahead. If you want to bitch slap another person and cuss them out, take it out of the thread and preferably to a moderator. I'm not going to handle your petty arguments. At least not nicely.
3. Damn, shit, ass, etc... If you don't like it, don't continue because there is going to be much more of it in the future.
4. Literacy. Learn the word. Love it. Because I do. I'm not going to go all grammar Nazi on you, just please... please... respect the English language... After all. Good grammar is the difference between helping you Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse. I will behave. Until i 2ee 2hiit liike thii2. OR SHIT LIKE THIS. I do not want to feel like I am being screamed at through text. I, however, will not murder you for one or two misspellings. Everyone makes mistakes. I understand this. Just, like I said. Please don't abuse the English language. It is a beautiful thing.
5. One liners are the enemy. Can we have at least a paragraph? Is that too much to ask? If I see a single sentence post, I will go beyond flipping my shit. I understand writer's block is a common issue, just please don't drop below three sentences.
6. If you have read these rules in their complete glory, please put "Save the Elements" in your character sheet. If I do not see this, you do not get accepted. Plain and simple. I will tell you that you can have a place once you've read the rules.
7. All characters must be approved by me before joining the role play. This is to prevent stupidity and, once more, to prevent shit flipping.
8. Each person is allowed to have two characters.
9. If you are gone for more than a week without giving me a valid reason before you disappear, you will be removed from the RP. We're not all waiting on one person, we want to keep moving. If you are going on vacation or something tell me before you leave.
10. @Petricus Euryale has the same power I do. Listen to him like you'd listen to me. He's my husband and partner in crime. His words are law just like mine are.

Accepted Characters
**You are only accepted when you have my okay and you are listed here**

Elementals
Fire ~ Kimiko ~ Helena Sky
Water ~ Jun ~ Camleen
Earth ~ Kami ~ Petricus Euryale
Air ~ William ~xLarius

Questing Heroes
Winny ~ Helena Sky
Sir Penderlin of Steele ~ Petricus Euryale
Reign ~ Iceydaze
Sir Alexander of the Dawn ~ Blitzfang43
Roderick Castiel (The Wolf) ~ Blitzfang43
Aria Greenwich ~ Dramma
Yllhana Ilecerys ~ Sasha Bliss

Other
Guadalupe "Lupe" Aveza ~ Sushi

Last edited:
yay i'm contributing!

Reactions: Petricus Euryale
@Seishin Ryuu Do you understand how fast you have to move so that a human eye can't see you? Sure, it changes depending on the distance and varies from one person to the next. Even untrained humans like pretty much every person on this forum can watch a car on a formula one track... Normal, everyday oiks watch those and follow the cars. Suuure the cars go by pretty darn fast but you still see them. To be honest F1 is abysmally disappointing and not as amazing as its fans make it out to be. Far better is the technology and skill of the drivers, rather than the spectacle of watching. Anyway, getting too far away from the topic. He is far too fast to match up with the other characters fairly. YOU don't see an issue with it. But the GM (my wife) and the co-GM (myself) do. That level of speed is unacceptable. The speed being more in line with catching a horse is about perfect xD

Keep in mind that as strong as his leg muscles are, allowing him to run/move faster, he has denser bones and is generally heavier than most people. As such he requires much more force to move. This means he has to be stronger in order to move himself. It also means that other characters need to use a lot more force to move, push, throw, or topple him in any way (with magic or physically), because physics. It also means that any big jumps or long falls with have very heavy landings. A major reason that I was so concerned about him being overpowered is that a lot of his abilities had additional side effects like that, which all added up can quickly become incredulously powerful. I like the denser bones though. Definitely a keep and something that Witcher series never seems to stress as much.

I don't care what his strength is based of off. I was making a comparison to modern day body builders and that no one else in this world is so ridiculously strong. Furthermore having demon-blood does not necessarily give him super strength. "Physical training helps but only so much when you're born strong". Yeah... No. All the no. No amount of natural strength in the real world can match a lifetime of training if anyone from the vast majority of the world's population, given they had spent a lifetime training. The Mountain is not a man from medieval times! He is a fictional character from Game of Thrones and no one in that day and age - NO ONE - was built that way. Strong men throughout history are just kinda big guys with above average strength in a time when people were gullible or looking to dispel their sense of belief (hence their appearances in all too many carnivals in more recent history).

You say that he is just capable and not immortal. But with those abilities then he may as well be immortal. Capable meanas being able to hold a sword for than two seconds without being cut down like a piece of crap cannon fodder. Of course, we're all making characters who are far more than capable and have quite a few of their own abilities. But your character in particular was vastly overpowered compared to the other characters.

There is a style and series of themes in this roleplay that can be garnered from reading everything on the first page. Maybe that can help you ground your character a bit more in this world.

As for healing. Nope to the brain cells. Healing damage brain cells or tissue or matter at an accelerated rate is an absolute no. That is essentially immortality if it even goes slightly too far. You can discuss with LoveandHate91 if his healing is enough to combat his sword's rot/rust ability. I like the passing out and hibernating part, a classic and good way to balance. Dressing to prevent blood loss, I understand, very good, though to your character's credit he may not need much more attention than that since I don't imagine him having to worry much about an injury getting infected.

A question, partially comprised of his physical strength and his healing factor: Does he require a lower oxygen intake than most humans? Since he can forgo oxygen to contract muscles for the most part as lactic acid does nothing much to him (given the resistance to fatigue-producing toxins). Though this is a major reason why I can not allow him to heal brain cells as he could just heal enough to keep a lack of oxygen from killing off brain cells. Aside from the brain cells, a lower oxygen consumption rate is not too bad and I kind of like the idea.

I like the fact that his wards can be broken. Gives him the power but also gives other players a chance to combat it fairly. I imagine that the stamina drain and mental fatigue of using his wards is actually far more taxing than most physical activities he performs.

And everyone, if you all want to talk and discuss how various powers from each of your characters interact, that may be wise. Such as Seishin's healing and LoveandHate91's rot/rust. Or LoveandHate91's rot/rust against Blitzfang43's non-rusting sword or can it rot through Sasha Bliss's Ensnaring Strike vines. Or Seishin's strength compares to a bear. Or Seishin's wards and barrier compared to my own Witch Hunting Sword which can cut through magic. Sorry Seishin, you were the example in most of these since you came to mind so easily after reading your CS a dozen times xD I'm aware that Iceydaze's own character will be have to be cautious about revealing too much about her character's powers (not yet made public but my wife and I have reviewed them). Both Blitzfang and Seishin have silver weapons for hurting monsters so that is now canon xD

Anecdote:
  • Comparing mages to Witchers is far from one sided by you are comparing the source material at the same time. The mages from the Witcher books are not able to use magic anywhere near as easily as Geralt can in the games.
  • BTW using the wards or magic to make wind or fire is fine. It's not elemental control and a lot of magic is capable of producing fire or water or ice or lightning etc... So they're cool.
Please be aware that some characters lack much of any magic or powers or enchanted swords and are just plain humans with a little training or experience. And a lot of the powers on here seem to be more reliant in how they're played rather than actually being overpowered. Such as Seishin's acute senses. And my own enchanted Witch Hunting Sword. I promise that I will not use the sword to god mod through every spell thrown at me!

Last edited by a moderator:
Making things canon by accident. All in a days work I say.

Ok since Mathias has been made more fair when it comes to pvp would his healing be able to counter my swords rot ability since the rot can basically kill skin.

I’d also like to see if magical rust can effect a sword that’s enchantment keeps it from rusting.

When the nerf hits you real hard XD
I don't think I even finished reading two of those giant texts lol

Also I just realized I didn't even include how big my bear was, I should probably do that >.>

Last edited:
Please mind the double post, I'm having some trouble, I'm trying to determine my bear's strength, I've looked up several things but could only find it for regular grizzly bears, Kona is a coastal grizzly which tends to be much larger, I've toned his size down quite a bit because I didn't like how tall he was on his hind legs.

This next part is from an article I found on testing the strength of a normal grizzly bear, without provoking it.

"The team also tested what the bears could do to a 700-pound metal Dumpster.
"It was like a beach ball to them," Cairns said. "They could roll it over and over. It took a minimum of two people a concerted effort to tip it.""

here's the weight of an average male/ female normal grizzly, Most adult female grizzlies weigh 130–180 kg (290–400 lb), while adult males weigh on average 180–360 kg (400–790 lb). Average total length in this subspecies is 198 cm (6.50 ft), with an average shoulder height of 102 cm (3.35 ft) and hindfoot length of 28 cm (11 in)

Here's what a large male coastal can grow to, not kona's size, I made him smaller, On the other hand, an occasionally huge male grizzlies have been recorded which greatly exceed ordinary size, with weights reported up to 680 kg (1,500 lb). A large coastal male of this size may stand up to 3 meters (9.8 ft) tall on its hind legs and be up to 1.5 meters (4.9 ft) at the shoulder.

So if anyone could help me using this information that would be great, and I've posted kona's size if you need that, it's on page 3

And here's another part from that article ""Our conclusion was a grizzly bear is equal to 2.5 to 5 humans in strength. I'm certain if a bear were enraged it would be much, much higher," Cairns said. "We never did get them ticked off. We didn't want to.""

Last edited:
@Camleen
@xLarius
@Iceydaze
@Sushi
@Blitzfang43
@Sasha Bliss
@Seishin Ryuu
@LoveandHate91

Okay, quick update! My laptop is a piece of shit!! I don't want to start typing up some of the history that I have in mind for the story or my next post until I pick up my new laptop tomorrow. I've already lost a few paragraphs due to blue screen hell in the middle of typing, and I'm not going to do it again. So, until sometime tomorrow!! In the mean time, I'm sorry for the delay.

• Thank You
Reactions: Camleen
Updated what was there. I also noticed that I didn't explain the curses properly. So I added more onto that and will leave it to the cursed one's choosing for the most part. Hope it doesn't make that too confusing.

@Camleen
@xLarius
@Iceydaze
@Sushi
@Blitzfang43
@Sasha Bliss
@Seishin Ryuu
@LoveandHate91

I'm back!! New laptop is up and running almost perfectly! ((Aside from a few game downloading issues... >_> )) Just a few things to say.

#1. I am currently working on my post right now and I would like to apologize in advanced if it sucks. I'm a bit on the depressed side right now and I'm not sure how my writing will be affected. But it will be up soon!!

#2. My husband and I are working on some of the history and lore of Silvania ((Which is the land where this all takes place.)) This includes things about the tyrant king, the prophecy, the war between the humans and demons, and some of the measures that the king has taken to ensure that the elementals are never freed. And there will also be things about the magic allowed and used in this world along with any creatures that might be encountered.

#3. And finally, I'm working on getting all the specifics of Winny's weapon fleshed out and some of the abilities Kimiko possesses. Those should be up shortly to.

That is all!! As you were =33

• Love
Reactions: xLarius and Stormi
It's not my turn, right?

I'll post tomorrow

I accidentally posted this message in the IC XD

I'll wait till the other Elementals post. I feel weird posting before others. Even if others don't, I like a posting order heh

Everyone loves a posting order...especially where I go last. But hey who's counting am I right?

I shall most likely get my introduction out today since i'm not gonna be busy for a good portion of time.

Sighs.... We have no real posting order. I've never had a RP with a posting order. It's honestly just go when you wanna go so we don't only get two people posting through out the course of over a week.....

Welp you have your wish as I have went. And no posting order does settle up on some issues with waiting for people for weeks, so I can feel ya on that.

• Thank You
Reactions: Azazel
Status
Not open for further replies.