The Fosters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Twilight danced to a couple of songs, not even realizing what was going on behind Daniel's door and in his mind. She turned off the Xbox and took a nice hot shower before going into her room and laying in her bed and falling asleep.

¥The Next Day¥
Twilight woke up in the morning, her hair a mess. She hoped that Daniel had a good first night in the house. If he didn't, he'd probably get used to it. It took a little bit of time when you move into a new home. She went into the bathroom and brushed her teeth, starting her morning routine before going to knock on Daniel's door. "Morning Danny! Get up in a bit, we usually go to a morning breakfast on Saturdays!"

Dan had spent most of his night at the park, and had completely crashed as soon as he had come home. He was sound asleep even as the happy twilight came to wake him. Hearing the knock on his door, Dan groaned loudly and rolled over, exposing his bare back to the door as he kept sleeping.

Twlight groaned and pounded on the door a bit more. "I recommend getting up and taking a shower before you get dressed. We're leaving for the buffet soon! And wear something kinda fancy I guess." She shrugged and sang a bit. She went back into her room and got dressed before walking upstairs to greet the rest of her family. Katherine and Jamie were getting the rest of the crew ready. Katherine was doing Madalyn's hair and Jamie was helping Jacob tie his tie. Twilight never really understood why they got so dressed up for Sunday breakfast. It wasn't like they went to church or anything. The place they went to for breakfast wasn't super fancy either, but she liked the fact that they all went out and looked so snazzy. Since he didn't look like the type to dress super fancy when it was uncalled for, Twilight was anxious to see the getup that Daniel came upstairs in.

Dan sighed and opened his eyes, rolling over and out of bed. The best fancy he had was a good shirt and a tie, and he had buried big deep within his closet to never see the light of day. Groaning, Dan got up and walked into the bathroom, taking a quick yet refreshing shower before going back to his room and changing into his blue shirt with black and blue striped tie. Adjusting the tie in his mirror, he sighed, wondering if it would be enough for fancy. Turning towards the door, Dan walked out and up the stairs, not saying a word as he looked at the family.

Twilight looked over at Daniel as she fixed Oliver's tie. "You look nice. I honestly didn't think you would come with us. I like your tie." She smiled at him and turned back to her brother. He cleans up pretty nice. Not really what I expected. She thought to herself. "Come on guys, get in the car, get in the car." Jamie smiled as they all rushed out the door. They had a mini van, it was the only way they could get to where they needed to go as a family. Jamie and Katherine were in the front, Twilight and Daniel in the back and Jake, Madalyn and Oliver in the very back seat.

Dan nodded and kept going until he had gotten into the car, sitting uncomfortably next to twilight. It was bad enough that she kept consuming this toughts, now he had to sit with her.

Twilight scrolled through Facebook on her phone as she and her family drove to the buffet for breakfast. They usually went to breakfast every other week. It was a family thing. Anyone could see that Jamie and Katherine's family was very family-oriented, well everyone except Daniel as far as Twilight could tell. That or he just wanted to get the hell out of here. Twilight was hoping that Daniel would talk a bit more and warm up to them. She kinda figured she'd enjoy having someone in the house that was around her age. And it wasn't exactly that she didn't enjoy having Daniel in their home, she just figured it'd be a lot different.
@IceQueen

Last edited:
Dan simply looked out the window, trying to ignore the pounding of his heart as they all headed out to breakfast.

"Have you ever been to the buffet here? Oh my God it's like amazing." Twilight looked over at Daniel trying to strike up a conversation. She smiled at him. She didn't wanna be annoying, and she felt as if she was, but she just wanted him to like her. To like staying with them for however long he stayed. Whether it be 3 months or 3 years

Dan internally groaned as he turned his head and looked over at Twilight. "No, I haven't been. I moved in yesterday." he pointed out to her, a small smile of amusement coming to his face. He could tell she was trying so hard to be nice to him, but things weren't going to be easy. But he had in fact been by the buffet, last night when he went out to the park and got some pancakes too.
@Little_Ghost98

Twilight nodded and smiled. God that was such a dumb question. He just got here yesterday. Chill Twilight chill. Befriending him is going to take some time. She thought to herself. They pulled into the driveway of the buffet and got out of the car. Twilight, Jake, Oliver, Madalyn and Daniel went to go find a table, while Jamie and Katherine paid for the family.
@IceQueen

Dan looked over at her, and offered a small turn of his mouth, before getting out of the car and walking towards the buffet table. he sat down at an empty booth big enough for all of them, and waited for his foster parents to come back to them.
(Sorry, contacts in)

Twilight smiled a bit and scooted in next to Daniel, Jake scooting in next to her then Oliver and Madalyn on the other side of the table. The five of them waited for their moms to come to the table before going to get some food. "Oh my gosh, our moms need to hurry. I can't wait to get some batter-fried bacon!" She grinned. Twilight was pretty skinny, but man could she put away some food.

Dan sighed as Twilight squished in next to him. Chuckling at her batter fried bacon idea. "If you keep eating like that, you will get fat." Dan prodded, smiling slightly. Sure, it was just a joke, but he was trying to see what buttons he could push on this girl before she broke in two
@Little_Ghost98

Twilight giggled a bit. Her getting fat was definitely not an issue. She ran track and danced too much to ever get fat. Not to mention her high metabolism and the healthiness of her eating. Twilight shook her head. "Nah. I dance too much to get fat. Plus I have a really high metabolism. And honestly, it'd be worth it if I got some batter-fried bacon." She laughed.
@IceQueen

Dan sighed at his failed attempt at a poke. "Well you better improve your dancing skills, because from what I saw you need a real quality improvement." He said, his lips turning up in a bigger smile as he poked Twilights side gently, hoping that she was at the least bit ticklish.
@Little_Ghost98

Twilight giggled a bit as Daniel poked her sides. "Oh whatever." She laughed and poked his stomach. "I'd like to think that I'm a pretty good dancer." She smiled, happy that Daniel was warming up to her a bit.
@IceQueen

Dan flinched as he poked his stomach, and a meniacle grin came to his face. "I will get you back for that later." He said before poking her stomach one last time. "And please, I could do better, and I am horrible."

Twilight scoffed a bit at his comment. "Yeah okay, I'll be watching my back." She smiled. She knew she was a great dancer, Daniel was probably just poking fun at her. It seemed like that was sort of his style. "That's it, dance battle later when we get home. On the Xbox." She giggled. She could already tell that she was going to like being friends with Daniel, even though they'd just had their first real, chill conversation. He honestly seemed like a very nice guy and Twilight could tell that she was going to enjoy being around him
@IceQueen

Dan smiled and crossed his arms. "If I have time to kill. But shouldn't you be studying for Monday?" He asked, crossing his arms. She seemed like the type to study and work hard, were as he was the moody kind that just liked writing music, and wearing beanies rather than working.

Status
Not open for further replies.