The Fosters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Twilight sat her things down on her bed before sighing. Daniel was right; no one can force feelings onto people. No matter how much they want to. She put her hair up into a messy bun and walked upstairs to help her mom Katherine with dinner.

"Hey hun. Is Daniel making himself at home; enjoying it here a bit?" Katherine smiled and turned from washing dishes to look at her. Twilight shrugged a bit. "Eh I guess so. He's kinda upset with me. I'm not good at talking to kids my age Mom." She stated as she started to cut vegetables. "It'll be alright honey. Just give him some time. I'm sure he'll warm up to us." She smiled.

A few minutes later, Jamie and Oliver came through the door. Ollie came running through the kitchen to grab a water bottle, his soccer uniform still on. "Hey kid, how was the game?" Twilight smiled at him. "It was great! We dominated and I was in the whole time." He beamed. "That's great hon. Go change and wash up for dinner. And get your brother and sister
too." Katherine smiled. "I'll go get Daniel." Twilight walked downstairs and rapped on Daniel's door. "It's time for dinner." She yelled from the other side before running back up the stairs. Twilight washed her hands before helping Jamie make plates as Katherine poured refreshments.

Dan sighed and looked at his sketchbook, sighing. He had so much to do in so little time, it was almost cruel. Folding his sketch book over, Dan walked over to the keyboard in the corner, pulling out his headphones and plugging it into the headphone jack. Testing a few chords to make sure no sound was coming out from anywhere besides the headphones. Smiling, he slipped on his headphones and started playing, turning the volume up as loud as possible, trying to drown out the sound of children. He didn't even notice when Twilight knocked on his door. He just kept playing.
@Little_Ghost98

After a few minutes, everyone was sitting at the table. Well, everyone except Daniel. Twilight wasn't sure if he had just ignored her knock or if he just hadn't heard her. "Honey we aren't gonna start eating until Daniel comes up. Plus I'm sure Oliver would love to meet his new big brother." Jamie smiled. Twilight nodded and walked back downstairs. She pounded on Daniel's door, hoping he would answer and come up for dinner
@IceQueen

Daniel was having fun playing in peace and quiet, yet a subtle pounding beat that clashed with the music he was playing awoke him from his state. Groaning to himself, Dan pulled off his headphones and walked to the door, opening it and looking at Twilight. "What?" He asked, rubbing his forehead in irritation.
@Little_Ghost98

Twilight fiddled with her hands when he opened the door. The socially awkward side of her clearly showing. "Hey. Sorry didn't mean to be a pain. It's time for dinner. We're all waiting for you." She smiled and started to walk upstairs. This was what always happened when they got a new kid in the house. Katherine made a huge dinner and dessert and they kinda had a family night.
@IceQueen

Dan pursed his lips as she said something about dinner, and he sighed, rubbing his head and reluctantly walking forwards and shutting his door behind him. Walking up the stairs, Dan scratched his head, making his already messy black hair even messier, before plunking himself down in a chair. He didn't say anything, mostly because he didn't want to, and partly because anything he said could be used against him.

Katherine and Jamie smiled at Daniel. He still had yet to really meet Madalyn, Twilight's brother Jacob and Oliver. "So Daniel, are you liking it here so far? We tried to make sure you would be as comfortable as possible." Jamie said as they all started to eat. "I didn't know what you liked, so I just made a little bit of everything." Katherine shrugged a bit.
@IceQueen

Dan shrugged as the asked about how he was doing. "It's ok, I don't really mind." Dan said, taking a bite of the dinner they made him.
@Little_Ghost98

Jamie smiled and nodded. "I'm glad you like it here. Since you'll probably be here a while, you should probably meet the rest of the family. This is Madalyn she's 6 and youngest right next to Oliver, he's 12. This is Jacob, Twilight's little brother, he just turned 15." She smiled.
@IceQueen

Dan looked across the table and nodded to the teen and child across the table. "Dan." He said simply, taking another bite. Talking to people was not his strength, and so he decided to make it better, by not saying anything.
@Little_Ghost98

Twilight figured that Daniel was being so quiet because it was only his first night here. And that was usually what happened when you moved into a new home with four other kids. Twilight took a bite of her food before breaking the somewhat awkward silence. "Daniel is really good at drawing. He might even be better than me." She looked down at her plate for a brief moment before looking over at Daniel
@IceQueen

Dan was in the middle of a glorious bite of food when Twilight spoke up about him drawing, causing him to choke on what he was trying to enjoy. After thirty seconds of chocking, Dan downed some of his milk and let out a long sigh. "You had to tell the world didn't you." He grumbled, leaning back in his chair.
@Little_Ghost98

Twilight shook her head. "Sorry, I just thought it would be nice dinner table talk." She shook her head and shrugged a little bit. Jacob looked over at Daniel. "You draw? That's cool man, maybe you could draw me a tattoo or something." Jake nodded at the thought. "You are not getting a tattoo Jake." Jamie looked at her son, a stern look on her face. "Not anytime soon, but just so I have it when I can legally get it done. Hell, he could even make it a poster or something, I don't care." He chuckled. Twilight chuckled and shook her head. She had drawn out a few ideas for tattoos to get when she finally turned 18. Most of which meant a lot to her since they had to do with music.
@IceQueen

Dan pursed his lips as the 15 year old talked, sighing. "Sure man, maybe if you catch me in a good mood." He said with a slight smirk, leaning back. Dealing with people who liked art and where chill was easy, especially if it was a guy. Girls where a whole new level of weird. Around girls he just got flustered or annoyed, and he had a feeling Tielight was going to bring both of those to light.
@Little_Ghost98

Twilight shook her head at her little brother. She finished her last couple bites of food and stood up. "Thank you for making dinner tonight, Mom." She smiled and rinsed her plate before putting it in the sink. "I'm gonna go downstairs and catch up on some reading." She smiled and started for the stairs. "But honey, we were gonna have game night tonight." Katherine looked over at her daughter and smiled. "Oh, well when everyone's done eating just come get me from downstairs I guess." She shrugged and walked downstairs.

In some ways, Twilight's family was just like the cheesy, cliche families on TV shows and movies. The one's who'd laugh together and watch movies and have family game nights. Some could even call them the perfect family. But they weren't even close to being perfect. They just all had a bond. The kind of love for one another that always happens.
@IceQueen

Dan kept eating, and finished up quickly before standing and taking his plate. "I am going to go back to my room." he said, not saying anything about getting him for game night. He would rather not, because he knew there was a small window near the top of his room, and he could get out if he tried, and maybe go for a night ride outside. Smiling a tight lipped smile, Dan walked into the kitchen and rinsed his plate before putting it in the sink and going back down to his room, and flopping down, deciding that drawing would work for now.

Twilight chilled in her room and blasted some music through the stereo. She played Asking Alexandria, Breathe Carolina, Panic! At The Disco and a few other bands as she danced around like a madman in her room. She would never dance around like a crazy person in public or people would think she's crazy. Honestly, Twilight was a really good dancer and she loved dancing with all of her heart. Almost as much as she loved painting.

Dan was inside his room, locking himself up just in case. He had his plan all figured out for when he denied being a part of family night. Bonding activities where never his thing. For now, he pulled out his headphones and plugged them in, listening to a song from a british boy band that he would never admit he liked. He was to emo for him to actual admit liking such a girly band.

After a few songs, Twilight turned off her music and went into the living room area of the basement. She turned on the TV and Xbox before putting in Dance Central 3. She didn't really feel like playing board games with her family. Plus, charades and pictionary weren't really her forte... The first song she danced to was Moves Like Jagger by Maroon 5. When Twilight played dancing games or did anything to do with dancing, she really got into it. And who wouldn't when it was one of their favorite thing to do? She knew just about every dance and song on the game and she was sure that she could dance to it with her eyes closed if she wanted. Twilight was really hoping no one would come downstairs and Daniel wouldn't come out of his room. She didn't want anything or anyone to distract her from playing.

Dan was in the middle of drawing when he heard Twilight start playing a game. If it wasn't bad enough, she had to pick a song about smooth talking. Groaning to himself, Dan put a paper on his door that said he was sleeping and not to come in, before shutting it and turning off all the lights. He put pillows under his blankets to make it look like a sleeping form before grabbing his skateboard and cracking open the window near the top of his room, sliding his board out, Dan got on his desk and quietly wriggled himself out of the window, leaving it cracked a bit so he could get back in when he came back. Smiling, the boy went down the street a bit in the dark of night, and started skating away from the house to the park that was nearby.

Status
Not open for further replies.