The First Subjects

:O I am so so sorry, @Spectre of the Fade
I didnt read through all the posts till just now and saw you wanted telepathy and empathy >.>
If you're really heart set on that, I can look for some other theme for my character, since you were here before me

Oh, no. You're fine. c: I've switched to magnetism, anyways.

lol, magneto has joined us because I am a thief xP

But that's cool as hell, though.

Reactions: Shadicmaster
All we need now is a wolverine/saber tooth and a gambit.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Shadicmaster
LMAO
X-MEN ASSEMBLE!
(I know, two different francises there, but hey, it works)

Reactions: Nad
Subject 5
The Boy Who Can Bend Metal
Jon Bernthal 24.jpg
19 | Gay | Brown Hair | Brown eyes | 5'10" | Neutral Good

"Did you see that? I did that! It was so cool!...That was cool, right? It isn't just me thinking it is?"

Ability - Magnetism and Metal Manipulation

Summary:
Marcus has the ability to generate and control magnetic fields, as well as manipulate metal regardless of its ability to be magnetized. He can use these abilities to do things like detect metals and metallic objects, lift and move items that contain metallic components, bend and reshape objects made from metal, and create shields of magnetic force.
Lower level abilities:
Detection-He is generally aware of every single piece of metal in his immediate vicinity, given that it's bigger than thumbtack. The size it has to be for him to feel it increases right along with how far it is away from him. He can also sense any magnetic fields within a six meter radius of himself.
Ferrokinesis-He can focus enough to lift and move a small metal object (the size of a Kleenex box or smaller) for a few minutes, given a relatively safe and quiet environment.
Magnetokinesis-He can manage magnetizing and demagnetizing metals that are capable of magnetism, given a bit of time, and that's the only skill in this area other than shielding he can perform with anything resembling consistency.
Shields-He can create and maintain a shield made of magnetic energy large enough to completely deflect a beach ball. Something hitting his shield with the impact power of a bullet would likely leave him unconscious.
Higher level abilities:
Detection-Same as above.
Ferrokinesis-He can focus enough to lift and move several small metal objects at once, or one single large metal object, in a not so safe or quiet environment. He can also make small changes to the shape of metal objects in his line of sight. Say, bend the barrel on a gun or dent the hood of a car.
Magnetokinesis-He can magnetize or demagnetize metals that are capable of magnetism and has an easier time bending or shaping those. His control over the ability also allows him to disrupt electrical signals, from those in a lamp to those in technological devices.
Shields-He can create and maintain a shield large enough to completely deflect a car, although depending on the force of the impact, he may not survive it. Multiple bullets can be deflected before he is significantly weakened, but larger or more forceful impacts will still leave him unconscious.
Levitation-Due to intimate familiarity with his own magnetic field, he's learned how to alter it without causing harm to himself. He can use this to increase the height and distance of his jumps, slow a fall from some height, and even hold himself a meter or so off of the ground for a couple of minutes at a time. He cannot use this on others without the risk of serious damage to them, however.
Limitations:
The limitation is that using his abilities for anything beyond detection can be fairly exhausting, and the amount of focus and energy required to accomplish a task rises right along with the size and complexity of it. For example, creating a dome shield big enough for multiple people to fit inside requires far more concentration and energy than creating a plate sized one to block a specific projectile. There is also a limited range in which he can work his abilities, it maxing out around 22 feet (7 meters).
When he loses control:
When he loses control of his abilities, any metal object in his immediate vicinity begins to warp and change in random fashions, meaning everything from mechanical parts in gadgets and cars to rebar and support columns in buildings could change into something radically different from its proper shape.
Note on his shields: the harder the impact, the more energy is drained. A hard enough impact to one could kill him, under the right circumstances. If he falls unconscious, the shield drops almost instantly and he remains out for a few minutes or until woken up.

"I could fire that gun right now from right here, if I wanted. And you gave me a minute."

Personality

Marcus is a person that could be labeled soft, if one was unkind. He's a genuinely warmhearted and compassionate person, a good shoulder to cry on and the sort to always help a person he cares about as best as he can. He's also quite sensitive, on an emotional front, and can experience bouts of moodiness or depression. One should not make the mistake of assuming kindness to be naivety and sensitivity to be weakness, however. He has the strength of character to maintain that kindness, that compassion, that softness, even given the fact he was raised in a lab as a living experiment, and he knows how bad people can truly be. He chooses to see the good in them, chooses to be optimistic in regards to humanity's future, and chooses to believe that peace is possible without destruction.
Fighting isn't his first choice when it comes to resolving a conflict, nor is it the second, but if he can't reason with it or ignore it, he is more than capable of and more than willing to hit it in the face. He doesn't do revenge and his grudges are barely worthy of the word, but that doesn't mean he forgets whatever caused the conflict in the first place and he is not above trying to cause guilt trips.
Inwardly, he's surprisingly dependent on the opinions of others. Praise is what he works so hard for, and praise from people he cares about is something he would do quite a lot to get. Because of that, after one gains his trust, he's a fairly easy person to manipulate.

"No, I didn't like what we went through, and no, I don't want it happening again, but a group of people doing bad things is no reason to hit refresh on the entire planet. People change. Evolve. Grow. Become better. And they can't, if we do that."

Last edited:
Name: Element Δ Number 3
Sexual orientation: Straight

Abilities: In the very simplest of words, Element's powers are all about the state of matter. She can change the material something is made of, such as turning an object to gold, or cause it to become insubstantial or go from liquid to gas, etc. She can do this with anything as long as it is within her clear eyesight (if she is not touching it, her power doesn't work if she can't see the object or it is blurry), but it is most effective and precise when she is actually touching the object in question. Anything more biologically complicated than a plant or fungus she cannot affect at all if she is not directly touching it, and all living matter will eventually revert to their original materials and forms (still alive and relatively unaffected) once she stops paying attention to them. The purer and simpler the object is, the easier and less energy-consuming it is for her to affect it. So a bolt of a solid, pure metal, for instance, she could turn into its gaseous form barely even thinking about it even if it was fairly far away from her, whereas a petri dish of live bacteria would take some concentration if she was not touching it, and a human being would both require her to touch it and take so much energy she might pass out. To be clear, she cannot change shapes or colors, only materials and states, so if you handed her a piece of wood and asked her to make a dollar bill out of it, she wouldn't be able to help you, though she would be able to turn it into a very large, thick piece of something brown with the right texture. The limitations on this power are not terribly high, but they do require a great deal of knowledge to get complex changes right, so Element has a lot of chemical and biological information crammed into her head, not to mention a fairly good memory. For some reason, the ability to make things insubstantial comes the most naturally to her, so when her powers are going out of control, everything she looks directly at starts becoming insubstantial.

Personality: Element is a kind person. Having lived mostly by herself for years, she is not always very aware of people's needs and desires, and can sometimes say the wrong things, but she is mostly just kind and thoughtful and considerate and full of hope and joy. She is easily pleased, rarely angered, and wants very few physical things. Despite her innocent nature, however, she sees the world very clearly, and refuses to pretend things aren't real just because they aren't the way she wants them to be. When a situation is bad, she is always the last to panic or despair, and can handle even the most horrible situations with a great deal of equanimity. On the other hand, when she is angry, she can be downright nasty, holding grudges for a long time and using her powers to play tricks on people who've irritated her. Old hurts or troubles that she doesn't normally think about will come to the surface in these times, and she can say things that are childish, but very spiteful.

Thoughts about the world's situation: Element supports peace, but that doesn't mean she's okay with what happened to her, the situation in which she was raised is completely unacceptable to her. She didn't want to become a weapon, or strange, or abnormal. She always wanted freedom, having a taste of it in the objects they brought to her to transform. But it is precisely for this reason that she doesn't want to kill. She was forced to become an abnormal for the sake of war, she doesn't want to become precisely what they made her to be. She may be a potential weapon and asset, but she has every intention of being the most uncooperative little asset on the planet. The current world makes her sad. Having had pleasantries her entire life has given her a taste of what life could be, and what it isn't. She has hope that the world could be better, but it's a sad sort of faint hope. The thing she loves the most about the world is the sky, the water, and the dirt beneath her feet. She loves nature, because in her sterile world, that was the one thing she never truly got to experience. To her, that's freedom, and her hope is that she can share this endless wonder of the simplest things with everyone else in the world.

Quote: "Look at this world. Isn't it beautiful? Too beautiful for me." "I'm not a person. I'm a book. You could say I am the culmination of alchemy, the Magnum Opus, incomplete without my recipe for immortality, but all man makes must be incomplete, after all."

Accepted :) I really like her!

Expiriment 6
84359c942d7f2ea32ea79e016e474754.jpg

Name: Lori "Trip" Coins (co-ins)
Sexual orientation: Straight
Abilities: Mental Manipulation
Ability includes (at mastery level):
*Bending of wills weaker than her own
*Telepathy and empathy
(both the reading, of thought and emotion, as well as implanting false thought or feeling, or sharing them
among others)
*Illusions/the warping of relative reality as seen by a specific individual or group thereof
*Suppression of pain or emotion through manipulation of the brain's registering of the nervous impulses
(only effective for short term 'play through the pain', though the injuries and the full force of the pain on
the body are still very much there and effecting the body, just not the mind.)
*Mental barrier
(effective for both herself and others to resist, or completely block mental manipulation, or to allow full
control over her own body, such as to cheat herself perfectly through a lie detector test and resist drugs
that are meant to bend the will)
bf6ae0814d07b0760af150477617848b.jpg

Current Ability levels:
*Slight direction of others against their normal intentions
-Requires extreme concentration at this point, and she has only succeeded in redirecting the intentions of
very simple creatures that have very weak wills
*Mind reading/Emotion reading
-Currently confined to a radial distance of ten yards, her ability to effectively enter into one's mind
growing weaker and more noticeable the closer they are to that limit. Outside of five yards, she has to
concentrate a decent amount to get this to work. If she becomes complacent while trying to infiltrate
one's mind, as is the case with redirection of will, the victim can become alerted to her presence and
erect a sort of 'mental barrier' to her attacks, to which she does not yet have the experience to bypass.
*Selective invisibility
-Dependent on how effectively she can infiltrate her target's mind, she can erase an object of her own
size, or even herself, from her target's perception, or, add an object into their perception of her size. This
is much more complex than reading one's mind, and thus, takes a significant amount of time and energy
for her to accomplish. A more practical application is the ability to change her own appearance, or the
appearance of much smaller objects, as, though this requires the same amount of time to infiltrate the
target's sensory systems, it requires less manipulation and thus less energy.
*High tolerance to pain and emotionally distant
-Due to having an intricate knowledge of her own mind through exploring her powers, Lori can instantly
reduce the impact of pain on her system, and, upon her own discretion, can control her emotional and
neurochemical output. There is the resulting consequence, however, that she will be subject to the full
force of the blocked pain as soon as she lets down the barrier, and will be subject to the entire force
combined of every moment of emotion that she blocked as soon as she lets down her barrier.
*High mental resistance
-For the same reasons that she can control her pain and emotions to a limited level, Lori is resistant to
mind altering substances, reducing their effectiveness to half, with the exception of tranquilizers as they
work too fast for her to block their effects. She has also been proven to be able to lie on a lie detector
test without detection to a limited degree, so long as there is a small element of truth to her statements
and tells no more than three lies in the session. This ability has shown itself to produce rebellious
tendencies in experiment 6

Control Break:
Due to her constant use of power (unless asleep) her loss of control is a regular event that has been roughly timed by her 'fosters', which is to their benefit. Surely if she didnt use her powers as much, it would be much milder in effect, but as it is currently, her control break is identifiable, even to herself as to when it's happening. She has about five minute's head start to warn others if they dont know what is to happen, else, anyone within 7 yards be put under excruciating pain, whether 'physical' or emotional in nature, a compilation of all that she had experienced since her last break, equally spread among any who are nearby. It is also inflicted upon herself, but since she has already experienced all of it, the effect is lessened on her, though still very painful. If kept within a 2 yard radius of her for more than thirty seconds of her minute and a half episode, there is a high likelihood of severe PTSD or other stress related disorders due to the above average pressures of emotion and physical pain inflicted. If left within said radius for the entire time, it is highly likely that you are no longer alive. Surviving the entire episode within an additional 3 yards of the initial 2 yards, you are also highly likely to develop mental stress related disorders that will require therapy.

Other power related information:
In accordance to the nature of her power, Lori was intended to be used as an incognito agent, as well as a disposable infiltration tool, when not being used for torture, control, or interrogation. In the event of capture, they had the hope of her having, by that time, controlled her break well enough to release it at will in order to inflict her own escape through the torture of her torturers.

Personality: Due to the influence of her own powers, Lori developed to be emotionally detached around others to hide any vulnerability in herself, only letting down her defense on such when alone or when asleep, causing her to be plagued with violent nightmares nightly. Since she gets little rest and recovery from sleeping, she has developed deep energy stores that recover from any idle activity, causing her to be worked relentlessly in tests. As her mental resistance developed, however, she grew more rebellious, only giving outlet for her illusory powers as she worked to evade her 'family'. By the night of the breach, she is more than ready to take any opportunity to leave the iron thumb that threatens to crush her independence daily.
Thoughts about the world's situation: If the world is full of people like the ones who decided it would be a good idea to use children as nothing more than weapons through genetic manipulation, then they all need to die. If anyone can prove themselves free of blemish to a reasonable degree, they should be let to live in the new world, able to reproduce a new era of humans who are raised with a mentality of peace and harmony instead of attempting to change those who have been set many years into their ways, who could just as easily be conducting studies like the ones that they came from in secret. It is no question that Lori will be an advocate of destruction as her independent opinions are developed.

Accepted! Nice description of her power. She looks pretty dangerous. Anyway, I'll ask you to go for one of the pictures. You are using two images of different women I know (and admire) so it's a little confusing. Unless one of them is a disguise she likes to use!

I have a bit of a dilemma here about a good picture for my character. Can't find a good picture to use for Leon and all I have is anime pictures and a picture of Sabertooth from xmen origins wolverine.

Good luck finding a picture. It's pretty hard sometimes... But I want to keep us all under the same physics. Sabretooth would be great, especially to team up with Magneto. Lol. Although you'd need to find a picture where he looks a bit younger...

Um.... the first pic for the faceclaim I guess. I dont do real pics, so this is new to me XD And I practically have no life that is involved in..... reality

Male of Destruction I meant to put sorry lol. Resevre a male for desstruction lol.

Subject 5
The Boy Who Can Bend Metal
View attachment 81910
19 | Gay | Brown Hair | Brown eyes | 5'10" | Neutral Good

"Did you see that? I did that! It was so cool!...That was cool, right? It isn't just me thinking it is?"

Ability - Magnetism and Metal Manipulation

Marcus has the ability to generate and control magnetic fields, as well as manipulate metal regardless of its ability to be magnetized. He can use these abilities to detect metals and metallic objects, lift and move items that contain metallic components, bend and reshape objects made from metal, and create shields of magnetic force.
The limitation is that using his abilities for anything beyond detection is fairly exhausting, and the amount of focus and energy required to accomplish a task rises right along with the size and complexity of it. For example, creating a dome shield big enough for multiple people to fit inside requires far more concentration and energy than creating a plate sized one to block a specific projectile. There is also a limited range in which he can work his abilities, it maxing out around 22 feet (7 meters).
Note on his shields: the harder the impact, the more energy is drained. A hard enough impact to one could kill him, under the right circumstances.
When he loses control of his abilities, any metal object in his immediate vicinity begins to warp and change in random fashions, meaning everything from mechanical parts in gadgets and cars to rebar and support columns in buildings could change into something radically different from its proper shape.

"I could fire that gun right now from right here, if I wanted. And you gave me a minute."

Personality

Marcus is a person that could be labeled soft, if one was unkind. He's a genuinely warmhearted and compassionate person, a good shoulder to cry on and the sort to always help a person he cares about as best as he can. He's also quite sensitive, on an emotional front, and can experience bouts of moodiness or depression. One should not make the mistake of assuming kindness to be naivety and sensitivity to be weakness, however. He has the strength of character to maintain that kindness, that compassion, that softness, even given the fact he was raised in a lab as a living experiment, and he knows how bad people can truly be. He chooses to see the good in them, chooses to be optimistic in regards to humanity's future, and chooses to believe that peace is possible without destruction.
Fighting isn't his first choice when it comes to resolving a conflict, nor is it the second, but if he can't reason with it or ignore it, he is more than capable of and more than willing to hit it in the face. He doesn't do revenge and his grudges are barely worthy of the word, but that doesn't mean he forgets whatever caused the conflict in the first place and he is not above trying to cause guilt trips.
Inwardly, he's surprisingly dependent on the opinions of others. Praise is what he works so hard for, and praise from people he cares about is something he would do quite a lot to get. Because of that, after one gains his trust, he's a fairly easy person to manipulate.

"No, I didn't like what we went through, and no, I don't want it happening again, but a group of people doing bad things is no reason to hit refresh on the entire planet. People change. Evolve. Grow. Become better. And they can't, if we do that."

Accepted! Welcome

Male of Destruction I meant to put sorry lol. Resevre a male for desstruction lol.

I'm really sorry, but we don't have any more available spots for destruction :/ @Victor Markov claimed it first, and I've already accepted @Shadicmaster's character

• Useful
Reactions: Justin
Oh okay Peace, then didn't start on char, jjust saw reserves xD...works better I guess because my guys power was going to be Atmokinesis (Power over the weather so yea lol) Brother Nature xD.

My char will be up tomorrow.

I'm still having no luck with a good picture.might just snag a picture of Pyro from X-Men 2.

Last edited:
I'm still having no luck with a good picture.might just snag a picture of Puel from X-Men 2.
I have an absolutely shameful amount of pictures I use as faceclaims, and the greater majority of them are real. I could help you out, if you wanted? Message me the details of his appearance and I'll see what I can find?

• Thank You
Reactions: Victor Markov
I have an absolutely shameful amount of pictures I use as faceclaims, and the greater majority of them are real. I could help you out, if you wanted? Message me the details of his appearance and I'll see what I can find?
Thanks. I just used a picture of pyro. I'll keep your offer in mind for the next rp I join that needs a non-anime picture for the cs.

Well. Now it is abundantly clear that there is a bleach fan among us