shook the whole damn bottle, made a good girl pop
- Invitation Status
- Looking for partners
- Posting Speed
- One post per day
- Multiple posts per week
- 1-3 posts per week
- One post per week
- Slow As Molasses
- Online Availability
- 10 AM - 7 PM CEST. Saturday through Tuesday.
- Writing Levels
- Preferred Character Gender
- No Preferences
- Romance, modern, high fantasy, comedy, post-apocalyptic.
Welcome one and all to the first ever TFI: Tales from Iwaku event! I'm Pav, your host and fellow lover of the written arts. This event is meant to be an open challenge for the talented people here to both show off their work and read the works of others! Here's how it works: a few possible themes will need to be incorporated by the writers into a written piece of any format, be it a short story, a poem, song lyrics, a manuscript or even a diss track. Whatever they feel works best. Those submissions, at the end of the month, will be posted up for people to read and give feedback on. A public reading of the pieces (with the author's consent!) will also be done in the Iwaku Discord Server, to share more thoughts on each submission.
TFI will officially be open to submissions from May 1st, to May 31st, closing at 11:59 PM CST. The date of the call on the server will be determined after submissions close.
So, what are the possible themes to choose from this month? Look no further, because they are:
- The illusion of power
- Unconditional love
Only one theme needs to be incorporated into each submission, but you're free to use multiple if you want! It'll earn you extra Pav-Points, which have no financial value, but hey, at least I'll think you're super cool.
You might be thinking at this point, are there any prizes for joining? The answer is: YES! No monetary prizes (oops, I'm poor) but the author of the best piece (decided by a vote done by readers) will receive a free sketch/flat headshot commission from me. The details on that are down below!
I really look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with and see you soon! :D
Feel free to ask any questions, discuss ideas or profess your undying love to me down below.
- All submissions must be under 2000 words. Any submission longer than this will be automatically disqualified. Please note that if your entry is longer than 1000 words, it might not get read out over call due to how long it would take (it'll depend on how many submissions come in!)
- All submissions must follow Iwaku rules.
- The submission should, of course, be your own work and not anyone else's.
- The submission should include at least one of the selected themes for the month.
- The submission cannot contain explicit content. Mentions of such things may occur, but you cannot submit full smut. If there is anything potentially triggering content in your piece, please leave a trigger tag at the beginning as well.
To submit a piece, please PM me and title the PM "TFI ENTRY" with this little form filled out to go with it!
Title of the piece:
Chosen format: (Short story, poetry, rap, joke master list... You get the idea.)
Remain Anonymous?: Yes or No
Permission to read aloud during call?: Yes or No
The voting will take place on the official thread, in a poll! The piece with the most votes grants the author a free headshot commission from me. This prize can be transferred to someone else if you so choose as well.
Details on this:
- I'm not great with muscled men but I'll try my best for you if you want.
- I do not draw furries or mechs.
- Please provide visual references for me, not just a written description.
- It can take me up to 2-3 weeks in order to finish a piece because of wrist issues, so please do not get upset if it takes me a while to get it done. It will get done eventually.