The Fine Line Between Love and Hate (w/ Blooming B

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Don't cry, seriously. I-It's nothing to cry over! He's just some guy who... sure, it must be sad you can't date him, but you can always be friends. I won't be a dick and tell Mom, if you make sure not to tell her if I befriend Benji at some point too," he whispered awkwardly, ever being the best at dealing with his twin crying, always feeling that his attempts at comforting him were futile, and wouldn't work.

Stopping abruptly, he moved to dab his eyes and cheeks with a crumpled tissue he fished out from his pocket, attempting a small smile to hopefully ease his upset. "Why wouldn't he find you cute? I want him to, in a way, but things ought to remain platonic should something... happen in a friendship aspect, you know? B-But of course he probably found you cute! You were all shy and awkward, and some guys will find that endearing, I'm sure~"​

"I'm not upset that I can't date him, I j-just don't want him to see me as such a loser!" He insisted, rubbing his eyes on his wool coat to hide the tears as best he could. He felt like he was failing his brother, having promised to try and be more social and calm- when he was the complete opposite state. Letting out soft sniffles, he stopped his violent rubbing when he felt his arms move. Instead of the rough- but warm- texture, he accepted the soft tissue instead.

"I promise I won't tell her," He reassured through his sniffles, rubbing his runny nose on his sleeve. "But... But I gotta meet him first, okay? To make it even? I want to see this Benji person. I think it's fair..."

"I doubt he sees you as weird. I mean, if he does, then he probably sees me as a whiny... pig, I dunno. I didn't come across well, purposely so, but... your laughing fit didn't help much," he snorted to himself, nudging his brother's hip playfully, which was rather easy by the slow pace they were moving at. After having broken his hand after slipping hours prior, he was tentative over the steps he took, hence the shuffled steps.

"Hm? Oh god, no! You're not meeting him!" He squeaked, it being his turn to blush profusely and squeak. It was difficult to keep the two from meeting when Benji did go to their school, but given he was 18, there was a slight chance that he wouldn't get to meet Folie - besides, Cobie was sure that Benji had no idea who he was, either. "It's not like we're friends. He doesn't know me, Folie."​

"Why not? He's someone who attends our school, so why can't I meet him? He's probably really nice, and you said he's a farmer? Maybe you could steal a sheep secretly so he'll be all worried, then you could return the sheep and say that you found it! He'd be really thankful, after all, and...And I know I'D be really happy. He'll see you as a hero."

As he spoke of the plan, he helped lead his brother into the snow. Yeah, it was colder, and pretty tall, but they wouldn't slip and hit their head. And after fixing the other's absolutely wrecked arm? He didn't have much energy to fix something else. "I think it's a good idea. It won't hurt anyone."

"What if... if the others eat the sheep I steal?" He asked wearily, his teeth nervously biting on his already sore bottom lip - chewing on it was a habit he had obtained since he was a child, and the consequence did show itself in frequent bleeding and redness, of which he was always forced to wear lip balm. That in itself caused some ridicule - some of the boys at school refused to believe it was lip balm, but rather believed it to be lipstick, and had promptly joked around with him until Damon had gotten involved in protection of his little brother.

"You know what the others are like, Folie, especially when we turn each month. They could well turn a-and eat the sheep, and then I'll be in humongous trouble! I... dunno, I don't think I could do that. Besides, you... really won't like Benji. He's not the sort of guy you would think i'd like," he said absently, forcing himself to stop tugging at his lip the moment he noted the iron taste in his mouth from a little blood. "He's... a bit... of a bully. A-And... he always has a new girl on his arm, he's that sort of guy. I think he's sweet deep down! But you won't."​

"We could hide it!" He declared, a small sparkle in his eye at the plan- he read almost strictly adventure books, so when an opportunity to live life like one of the heroes in the books, why wouldn't he? "We could hide it in the shed, or the basement. Just promise me, this'll work out perfect!"

Tugging his brother along, his eager smile faded slowly from the mere mention of the "bully" term. "So wait... H-He's an asshole? But why? Why would you date someone like that?"

"I... don't know, I might grow attached. I like sheep," he shrugged to himself, biting hard instead on the inside of his cheek purely to save bleeding in his lip again, though had taken to shuffling off his gloves and fiddling with them as a for of distraction from the conversation, mostly because he found his cheeks growing redder the more seconds that passed. he may have thought fainting was a little of an overreaction for his twin earlier, but to be honest, if he saw Benji, he would be prone to fainting himself, so he did completely understand his brother's actions now.

"He... He's not an asshole," he squeaked nervously, despite knowing it would be really hard to defend that statement. "I mean, I like him because I... think he can be sweet, you know? He... really isn't that bad..."​

"You called him a bully." He replied, brow knit. "Not to state the obvious, but... B-Bullies aren't sweet, Cobie. I want you to be happy, but are you sure a bully is a good person to date? I don't want him bugging you."

Suddenly defensive, he shot his brother a hurtful glare in response, childishly folding his arms just to resist the urge to storm forward and repeat the actions from earlier when he had fallen flat onto his back and broke a bone. "...Likewise, a Prince isn't a good person to date. Besides, you won't be dating, and neither will I. Dating is so far out of the question, it's not even a prospect. I.. just want Benji as a friend, and Mom may understand that because he's just a farmer's son. She would n-never understand you and Jakob's possible friendship, I mean... you'd have to keep it a secret-- just no dating."​

"Ah... Y-Yeah. No dating." He muttered softly, eyeing the ground as he gripped his brother's hand tight. "We'll just be lonely and childless our entire life. Seems fair, because apparently none of us have self control to be able to hide our identities. And god forbid, we fall in love with someone outside of our species. All humans are unreasonable beasts and all wyverns are perfect."

Suddenly snatching his hand away from his, he stared at his brother in horror from the comments dripping in sarcasm, causing Cobie to wince and awkwardly curl his arms around himself as a form of protection, and to try and remain calm. However hard it was. "You're a b-bastard right now! How can you even be so... I dunno... Disrespectful?! Mom knows what's best for us! One slip up, and we f-fucking die! You can't date anyone, it's risky! When we go home, we can marry, like, princes from other kingdoms and have children and do all that... Not humans, I-it's sheer idiocy..."​

"But... But how do we knows what she's talking about?! She's had less human interaction than us,even if we're still kids! H-Her opinion is so bigoted and one sided that It's impossible to take her word for it! Don't you see that...? And... And how do you know that the wyverns would even want us back? We're outcasts, remember? They don't WANT us. I know the others want to remain bitter about having to leave the kingdom, but... But I know we'll never be able to go back, and I know that the people here are nice... so I'd rather try and make the best of it and fall in love with someone I think is right instead if regretting it. I think you should do the same!" He wheezed, having to catch his breath as he hunched over. Holding his chest for air, he peered over at his brother with a frown. "It's not like I can do anything, though. It doesn't matter whether mother is wrong or right. She's the head and in charge anyway."

Staring at him bitterly, he did turn away and proceed in silence for a good while, preferring instead to muffle his mouth with his scarf and walk whilst being bundled up - he and his brother were particularly prone to weather. If it was cold, they tended to get sick; if it went too hot, they would run the risk of fainting from it. This was just another reason why Florentina was fiercely protective and motherly with them, and it was that that made Cobie want to obey her. She protected them so much that it was worth listening to what she said and what she wanted from them.

If that meant neglecting human friendship and not living a normal life as far as humans went in the human kingdom, then he would. He could simply go about not engaging with them, as hard as that was-- and like Folie said, he couldn't really do it if he wanted. Their mother had the authority. Rebelling didn't really seem like an option.

"You... You really are like a human," he mumbled after a moment, seeing that as a major insult towards him. Humans were regarded as the lowest beings in their species, and seeing his brother hold such great affinity and readiness to live amongst them did make Cobie grimace openly at realising that Folie... was like a human. In turn, it made him more determined to be seen as far away from that as possible. "It's not right, F-Folie... it's just not, s-so... stay away from humans. Unless we're at school, y-you stay away from them, understand? If you have any degree of respect for wh-what you are, you'll follow Mom's instructions."​

"Don't.... Don't say that...Just because I appreciate and can see the g-goodness in them doesn't mean I'm a human- I don't want to have this conversation right now." Whispered Folie, wrapping himself up more before he bitterly trudged ahead. He already felt ridiculed by people as is, and for his twin to compare him to a human in a way that was degrading? He was sickened by it. Shoving his hands into his coat pocket, he kept his eyes low- both to keep him from falling flat on his face, but to also avoid his brother. He hurried along, deciding to ignore Cobie, until stopping at the school grounds. Only then did he stop and patiently wait for what he called in his head "the better twin".

Why was everyone so stubborn? Was was it so difficult for his family to realize that they needed to bond and relate to the humans to keep them from trouble? Wasn't that the whole point of running to the kingdom? "Let me say this..." He finally whispered, "If we keep acting so abrasive towards the people we're pretending to be, they'll see that we're not a part of them. I know I'm... I'm not the best with people, but I know that acting the way we do will cause suspicion. I'm just worried."

"We've lasted this long here without suspicion, with the others acting as they have been, so I think we're safe and simply seen as... being withdraw, Folie," he grumbled, equally as irritated with the same frown across his face as he tentatively shuffled to meet his side, letting his eyes scan the crowd of students hanging about for break. Sighing heavily to himself, adjusting his coat to ensure he was covered up by it, he reached immediately for his twin's hand - they may be bickering, but he was hardly going to enter the school without him being at his side. He could be vehemently bitter with him, and he'd still search to hold him close - he did only have his twin, remaining true to making no friends. It was a disadvantage when he was in one class without his brother, having chosen to take Drama, but he managed... just about.

"Let's stop arguing, a-and just agree to disagree, please?" he pleaded tiredly, biting on his already sore lip with the faint hint of a smile as he took a small step past the gates. "Because you're my best friend, a-and we're twins, and we can't argue, you know? You can have your opinion; I'll have mine."​

He replied with giving his brother an equally tight squeeze, absolutely hating the school. It was Hell for him, after all- loud noises, tight spaces, and people he insisted looked down upon him. Meanwhile, Cobie thrived in this sort of environment! At the end of the day, he just wanted to go home and relax from all of the stimulation- that leading to him staying in his room to draw or simply sleep until dinner. It was sort of lame, he knew that from the years of being told that teasingly from his older siblings after all. But if there was one thing he knew and believed in, it was the fact that he needed those times to be alone no matter what anyone said.

Giving a small side glance to his brother, he offered a quiet "fine" in response. He knew nothing he would say would convince Cobie otherwise. He was just as stubborn as the others, and he already felt pretty awful for getting his usually bubbly twin upset. It was honestly pretty scary to see in his eyes, so if he could avoid it for now, he would.

Happy to let the tension hopefully disappear, he simply hung on his hand to wander in amongst the wave of people, the noise of happy chatter from the students crashing over him. He wasn't the biggest fan of it, loud noises, but he had learnt to cope. Usually by avoiding it like the plague and spending the majority of his time with Folie in the library - it was the one place none of the guys or girls who teased them ventured. If he was honest, the library as usually home to students he could easily see himself befriending... but he opted to stay true to instinct and his mother's rules. It was easier that way, plus weren't humans basically the enemy anyway?

Before being able to scuttle into the school, Cobie did grimace at the sound of a loud laugh just outside the school doors, the entrance unintentionally blocked by four or five boys, including the one he fancied, Benji, who, despite being adamant that he was going to remain without a lover, and wanted to stay away from friendship, he would usually just admire during his classes, particularly Drama. The tall boy, stood leaning against the bars by the door, with his flaxen hair and corn-blue eyes, was a thing of handsomeness, and completely Cobie's type - he did tend to admire the blonde hair, blue eyed thing a lot, particularly when it came to Benji, who was tall and, from his work on a farm, nicely toned. Currently donning a pair of jeans and, typically, a plaid shirt, the boy's eyes did stray to the twins... and shot a wide smirk. "Aw, look who it is. Got my homework, Cobie?"

"i... Yeah, I did it last n-night, a-and..."

"Is this your twin? Is he smart too?" He drawled, ignoring the bashfulness Cobie was showing to focus on the younger of the two. "D'you wanna do my Biology homework, mate? It has to be in tomorrow, so..."​

"No..." He replied softly. "I won't help you with your homework'..." He murmured, glancing at his twin. Shooting him a disapproving frown, he returned his gaze towards this Benji man and huffed. "Let's get going, Cobie. I-I don't want to be here anymore.... Its cold."

Tugging the fkustered twin hard, he hurried down the hall to their first class with a huff. "What the hell?! You did his homework?! Why?!"

"Because he a-asked, and... and he's so cute! I dunno, it was a moment of weakness, to get close to him. Maybe... eight times of weakness," he chuckled quietly, swallowing hard to try and rid himself of the guilt ridden in his gut at the hands of his brother's very obvious disapproval. "Don't j-judge, honestly. He's... He struggles with his school-work, so the least I can do is help-- isn't this what you wanted? Me getting on with humans? I'm helping him out, ultimately getting closer, so I don't see why y-you should complain."

He shuffled silently into History, taking the seat closest to the window, at the back, as usual and hurried to pull out all his books and whatnot, all while keeping an eye on the door to await Benji's arrival, which tended to be late to cause the most attention and disruption. "...Do you think he's cute? Benji, I mean. He... He's really rugged..."​

"You're... You're so confusing!" Squeaked Folie suddenly, his cheeks now a beetroot red. "You can't just pick and choose what to follow. I want you to get closer to the humans, yet you go and say that you don't, but god forbid this guys an exception?!"

He took a deep breath, having to relax as he slumped against his desk. "It's not that he's human that I don't like him, I don't like him because he's using you. He's making you do his homewo- 8 TIMES?! Cobie... I-I... I want you to be happy, so if it means you wanting to do whatever he says than fine."

Status
Not open for further replies.