The Fine Line Between Love and Hate (w/ Blooming B

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I know I'm confusing, alright? It's just... h-he's... he's the only human I like," he groaned, burying his head in his hands as a way of avoiding eye contact, at least thankful they had the class to themselves for that moment, or he would be tormented and subjected to insult for his current actions. "I do his homework s-so he'll like me a little more. He calls me names-- US names. S-Says we're losers, and stuff, but if... he sees I can be cool, he'll like me-- I shouldn't be eager to make him like me, b-but he's my crush. It's complicated, ah..."​

"I think it's awful." He admitted softly, "What... What does he call us, Cobie? I thought when you said he was a jerk, that it was like... P-Playful! Not straight up calling you and I mean names. And making you do something like that is... It's mean! I don't want someone disrespecting us when you yourself said our species was better. That's just hypocritical."

"He just says that I'm... I don't wanna swear, ah... he says a lot of homophobic stuff about me. He's assumed I'm gay. He assumes correctly, but still. And then... I've heard him say you're a loner who... who nobody would notice if you died-- that was horrible, actually. I told him to shut up and he thought it was another boy and punched him and... and I still like him! You like a Prince; I like a bully. How does that work?" He snorted, trying to at least diffuse the tension again with the use of the giggle, despite it not being the proper moment to use one really. "...He can be sweet... I've seen him help little kids around the village, letting them ride the horses on the farm..."​

"... He said what...?" He whispered, that hitting a cord for the other as he pressed his cheek against the desk again. "He... He's not a good person, Cobie. At least the prince hasn't called me any bad names, o-or... Or made fun of you... I don't think he should be anywhere near you if he's going to be so disrespectful to you. Actually, I think I hate him."

"But-- But... then i hate Jakob," he muttered petulantly, that being a last ditch attempt to try ad counter him, to defend Benji... but it was a hard task when he was venomous and disgusting. Nonetheless, he couldn't help lusting after him, however difficult a task it would be to even get his attention and have him be nice to him in return. "Sorry, I just... I... I guess he is trash, huh? Mom had bad luck with Dad, and... Benji's a jerk."​

"I'll help you try and convince him to be otherwise if you help me with Jakob." He declared, offering a half hearted smile to the other twin. "I want us both to be happy while we're here, so if that means you have to date a complete jackass, then fine. But you need to help me to get to know Jakob more. I think it's fair."

"...You do realise that by letting you get close to Jakob, I'm risking Mom hating us? We're risking letting our family down! I don't... think it's right," he cringed, though understood well enough the hypocrisy he was committing by saying all this, and yet still wanting to pursue a friendship with Benji. He could either abandon all idea of him, or pursue it and simply hide it from his family... the latter sounded difficult, but possible. "...Fine. Just... if you do get close, make sure Mom doesn't know."​

"As long as you don't tell her." He replied, pursing his lips. "We need to set up a plan for all of this, alright? Appropriate times to see them, and whatnot- but first, you need to make sure that Benji isn't someone who can push you around. You're a wyvern, Cobie. You're tough."

"I... come on, just because I'm a wyvern doesn't mean I'm tough-- we're twins, you know what I'm talking about. We're too small to make any considerable impact, aren't we?" he whined, resting his head on the window and fell silent once a few people trailed in, particularly when one happened to be Benji who took his assigned seat just in front of the two - it was why Cobie had sat where he had, in order to be close to the human. Though given his sudden queasiness about it, it may not have been the best of options. "I... I'm gonna throw up."​

"Do you want me to take you to the nurse?" He whispefed, growing quiet instantly as well as he warily looked at the humans. "U-Um.. was it brcause the fall? I can fix it, maybe..."

"No, no, I'll... I'll be okay," he grimaced, fearing that he could possibly come across as wimpy to Benji who was well in earshot-- and from the taunting snort from him, he had overheard the conversation. "...Ugh, see? N-Now I look dorky... and he w-won't fancy me now, Folie, g-gosh..."​

Shooting a venomous glare at the human in question, he got to his feet daringly. No one fucked with his brother, after all, so to see him feel so bad about himself because of some jerk made him more than mad... No matter how hypocritical it was. Storming out of his chair, he tugged onto the larger man's hair in anger. "L-Listen, jerk. I'm not going to let you hurt my brother's feelings and then use him to do stupid things for you, u-understood?! He doesn't deserve to have to put up with... with your SHIT. Now keep your mouth shut about him and I, or-or I'll show you what happens when you mess with my family."

"Folie!" He immediately squeaked, leaping to his feet and darting over the table in an attempt to pull him away - not just because he didn't want the other having to do that for him, but he definitely didn't want Benji reacting and hurting his twin in return. In truth, no matter how much he liked him, Cobie would easily lash out and hit the human if he dared place a finger on Folie, and the likelihood seemed high if he didn't separate the two. "C-C'mon, let's... let's just skip, yeah? Thanks f-for sticking up for m--"

"You're such a fucking nutter!" The boy snapped suddenly, the tall boy raising to his feet whilst holding his head, ignoring the stares from the members in class, vehemently glaring at both twins. "You're both weird, you know. No wonder your whole family keeps to themselves, they realise that letting you two out is pretty damn social suicide for 'em--"

"Don't... shut up! Just shut up!" He squeaked, suddenly leaning to slap the boy hard and tug his brother close. They may be literally minutes apart, but Cobie did take that seriously, and so sought to protect him whenever he could. Evidently, Folie sought to do exactly the same too. "oh g-god... ah... grab your bag, w-we're going home, Folie..."​

Snatching his bag and coat obediently, he kept his narrowed eyes locked on Benji the entire time he was tugged out of the room by his brother. It took all of his might to flash his fangs to scare the human, but he knew better than that- he couldn't, for his family's sake. He did, however, snarl at the man while equally pressing Cobie close for protection. Slamming the door to the classroom hard, he was left to boil in anger once in the empty hall. Murmuring to himself, it was only when he was lightly tugged back into reality did he peer up at his brother. He paled instantly at realizing he just fucked his brother's small chance of relationship with Benji- yes, in hindsight, there wasn't anything else that would happen... But he knew that his brother for some reason really did like him.

Equally, Cobie's babbles had stopped the second he recognised that any hope or possibility of being with the other, even being friends with him, had gone out the window at both his and his brother's words with him. It could be a blessing, allow him to focus entirely on his former words and dedicate himself to his family, and not the humans he openly called disgusting.

Though, as hypocritical as it was, he couldn't help but fancy Benji, and now he had no chance whatsoever, it did hurt a lot, holding himself with a trembling bottom lip. "...I... L-Let's just go, okay?" he snivelled, fiddling to pull his scarf on with the bravest smile he could muster at the moment. "I'll ask Mom to homeschool us."​

"I-I... Cobie..." He ehispered in horror, taking his hands in his own. "I'm so, so sorry, I... I thought I was doing the right thing! I-I thiught threatening him would make him hate me, and like you, like with Jakob! U-Um... I promise to fix this, okay? We'll stay in school."

"...Difference is, Jakob is a nice guy, Folie. He... He doesn't bully anyone, he's a Prince. Benji's a bully. The same philosophy doesn't work-- but you did the right thing, a-and I appreicate it so much," he reassured, placing a platonic kiss to his cheek before linking their arms. Jealousy hit again at the talk of Jakob, his lips twisting into a slight frown. It wasn't entirely fair his brother had the potential to perhaps begin a friendship with a Prince if things went well between them, and hell, was a relationship really that far fetched? Jakob was probably going to marry someone from another kingdom, a duty even he couldn't refuse, but who knew what could happen before that occurred? He was like a normal person, and Folie was cute, as far as Cobie was concerned.

But then came in all his panics about what the right thing to do was concerning them being wyverns and living amongst humans, as well as his own jealousy. There was no chance he could ever get with Benji now, while his twin did have all the opportunities with his own crush... But it was pretty cruel to bring up his rather selfish feelings. He ought to just be happy for his brother, and if anything did happen, he would vow to help protect him if -or when, more likely- it came to light with the family.

But he would still be pretty envious, too.

"Let's go home, please?" He smiled shyly, tears finally being blinked away from his eyes. "I wanna go to bed, and... just sleep."​

"Y-Yeah." He murmured, his hands entwining with Cobie's with an affectionate smile, hoping it would at least cheer the other up a bit. Offering him a platonic peck in return, he led them both out of the school quickly. They couldn't return home, of course, so Folie decided to instead head to the park. It was cold, but there was one thing he loved about his mother; she really knew how to keep them bundled up and warm in the winter. Once wandering to a nice spot in the mild blizzard, he hopped on and patted the space besides him with his mittens.

"I really didn't.... I really didn't mean to have him not like you. I thought it would work like h-how it worked with Jakob, you know? T-That... That he'd see me as a bad person, so he'd care about you. I didn't mean for it to end badly. I'm sorry."

"And I said that it's totally fine. I... I don't think I should even aspire to be friends or anything with him, it's so hypocritical, and... I'm firmly on Mom's side of things," he chuckled, wrapping his scarf over his mouth the second he found himself growing far too cold. If they weren't in the middle of the park, where anyone could walk through, he would easily warm himself through use of fire... but it was far too risky now, hence the many layers their mother wrapped them in. "I appreciate it though," he smiled, quietly gripping his hand again. "I... I know you meant well, and that's honestly enough for me."​

Tightening the coat around himself, his cheeks lightly flushed, he decided to lightly nuzzle his brother's side with a sigh. "If it helps, I won't try to see Jakob. I don't think it's fair that one of us gets to be happy, and the other can't. So... S-So, even though I don't think mom is right, I won't focus on finding anyone. I promise, okay? It can be just you and I again."

Status
Not open for further replies.