The Final Colossus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, the marketplace. The beating heart that circulates men and money, the lifeblood of every city. How the clamors echo along the alleys and shacks that litter the pathways. It had been months since the leper had visited one, and for a very good reason. Now, the time had come to return to the fold of civilization once more. He had heard the summons, and he had come to answer.

Clad from head to toe in a thick, dirty brown cloak, Saul walked and weaved through the sea of people, his back hunched and his head lowered so as not to attract unwanted attention. He took his time and walked at a leisurely pace, observing and admiring the living city around him. This idling went on for quite some time, but it was cut short when he turned the corner and found himself at a street that seemed to be slightly larger than the ones he had passed. His attention was captured by the barely audible yet thundering steps of a towering colossus made entirely of stone. Awed at the sight, Saul slowed down to a halt and gazed for a good few moments at the specimen as he mumbled something in some foreign language. Nearby the golem stood a number of figures that stuck out like sore thumbs among the market mobs. Fancy gear, varying races and backgrounds, all members of different trades. Adventurers, no doubt. H couldn't help but wonder if they knew exactly what the were signing up for.

"Well..." He sighed. "... It seems I'm already late for the gathering. How unfortunate." Assuming his leisurely pace, he approached the party, his cloak draped around his form, leaving nothing visible underneath but his worn leather boots. As he neared, he took the time to scan the adventurers and take in as much information about them as he can from sight alone. As the distance between Saul and the group grew smaller, he laid his eyes on the man that seemed to be the one leading the merry band that was visibly cobbled together just an hour prior, maybe even less.

Slowly, but heavily, he strode towards the man in his sights, his back hunched and his head slightly lowered like before, though his eyes remained fixated on him. The leper's cloak parted slightly to give way for a hand clad in a leather glove, and nothing more. "Spare a coin, sire?" Saul asked as he tapped the leader lightly on the shoulder, his voice slightly raspy and foreign-sounding. For good measure, he gave off a few convincing coughs.

Mathias looked behind him to see what tapped him on the shoulder. Rock instinctivly clench its right fist and went for a punch, which would've crushed the man if caught by surprise. Mathias held his arms quickly to show the golem that he was okay. "Woah woah Rock!! I'm fine!" He yelled, just to make sure Rock noticed. Rock put its fist down without question, which made Mathias sigh in relief. That could've been bad. He thought to himself before he looked at the human that stood in front of him. "I'm sorry sir about Rock there. He's just made to defend me, and he doesn't like strangers very much. Anyway I'm also for this, but I can't spare much right now, but how about you come with my group down to the market and I'll buy you some bread?"

He looked around his group of brave adventurers. "Lets get moving, we need to get to the first stop by nightfall. So that means we leave." He told everyone as he started to walk down the steps down to the bustling capital city of the human kingdom. Rock followed behind his creator silently. Everyone that were on their way up the steps stopped for a moment to comprehend the site they see. Golems aren't a common thing nowadays, maybe in pieces in a museum, or maybe just old statues in some cavarns or in the dwarfen city in the mountains.

Mathias couldn't help but to mentally celebrate for is success for getting a group together. He honestly thought that the idea of his wouldn't get this far. And to see that he was heading down to buy supplies for the journey made him ecstatic. He kept looking back to see if everyone was following him. So he had to climb up onto Rocks shoulder to make sure he didn't miss anything.

@The Don @Sinful @Autumn @Lorne @Moonstone @SlamifiedBuddafied @Blakethedestroyer)

Status
Not open for further replies.