Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bitterblue

Original poster
OOC thread
The Fight for Valeroma: The Beginning of the End
[dash=orange]
A man named Matt was exploring a cave with a group of his friends. They were looking for a rare gem that was known to be found in these caves. They were just out for fun, hoping to get lucky. It was a dark night, the eve before the blood moon. The guys decided they would all propose to their girlfriends that evening, and wanted to give them an extra something with a ring. Sapphires are super rare on Valeroma, and only the super wealthy can afford them. Matt and his buddies just hoped they would get lucky.
They were all exploring different areas of the cave; which when you think about it, isn't very smart. But that's men for you. Anyway, Matt was in one of the caves farthest from the entrance. He came to the very end, and was about to turn around when an item caught his attention. It was glowing a soft orange color, with black in it, kind of like a piece of coal. As he got closer, his excitement grew. He picked up the object, and a small scroll fell off. Setting the object down carefully, he bent down and picked up the scroll, carefully avoiding setting it on fire with his torch. Carefully unrolling it, he read the letters written in beautiful calligraphy:

When the night is dark and the moon is red
Hatched will be a dragon of dread
Eyes like amber and scales like the earth
More than the world his head will be worth
The dragon of dread will be a shifter and more
The kind of monster you read of only in lore
He will seek to rule the last of his race
And make the whole world know of his face

Matt stared at the words. He had heard this short poem all his life, but why was it written on an ancient scroll? He stared at what must be a dragon's egg. A smile lit up his face. He found his something special, a baby dragon for his fiance was the perfect gift. He carefully put the egg in his pack, and stuffed the scroll in his pocket. Working his way out of the cave, he found his friends already waiting for him. They were all empty handed. "What took you so long, Matt?" they asked. "Just taking my time, being thorough, and all." He said, wanting to keep the egg to himself and his soon to be fiance.

The next evening

Matt took his girlfriend out for dinner. When they finished eating and came home, he brought out his pack with the egg, plus a small blue box. He walked to his girlfriend, and cupped her face in his hand. He smiled as she leaned into it. He lead her outside, for she loved the outdoors. They looked up at the sky, seeing that there was indeed a blood moon. He turned to Amanda and carressed her face again. "Amanda, I am deeply in love with you. Every week, every day, hour, every second I see you, and my heart leaps in my chest. I have no idea what is in store for us, but together I know we can get through anything." Getting down on one knee, he opened a box containing a diamond ring. "Amanda Renee Shiloh, will you marry me?" Amanda covered her mouth with her hands. "Yes, Matt. A million times yes." She held her left hand out and Matt slipped the ring onto her finger. He wrapped his arms around her and kissed her hard.

When they pulled apart, he took her hand and led her to the swing overlooking the lake. "I have something else to show you, dear." He said, swinging the pack off his back. "The guys and I went exploring yesterday, and I found this." He pulled the egg out of his bag, and held it in front of her. "A weird place for a dragon egg, but it's-" He cut off as the egg started to shake. He set it on the ground, excitement growing on both of their faces. "Matthew, you got me a dragon? That's amazing!" she said.

The egg continued to shake and crackle. Finally, a crack appeared on the egg. A little dragon worked it's way through the egg. It squawked at it's 'owners'. The Dragon changed to a full grown man. "I am Vaeros. Thank you for finding me. Now die." he had barely finished talking when he grabbed them both by their jaws and twisted sharply. Their necks snapped and their bodies fell to the ground.

A sick smile grew on his face. "I am fire. I am death. I am, Vaeros." He said, changing back to his dragon, which in the few minutes he was alive, had grown to almost double his original size. He roared, and headed to the nearest city, eager to fulfill his purpose.

In the next few minutes, Vaeros was at his full grown size. His powerful wings sent him flying through the air at unimaginable speed. He reached the nearest town, and he roared his loudest. Now that he's gotten the town's attention, he let huge streams of fire erupt from his maw. Fire consumed entire houses, and quickly spread. He swooped down and obliterated more by swiping his tail on the structures. Once that city was practically in ruins, he flew on; he gave a good roar once in a while to announce his arrival.

Vaeros moved from town to town. Wherever he went, he left destruction in his wake. By morning, the entire world new of Vaeros' arrival, and his purpose. They stood in fear of this creature, this creature who seemed bent on chaos and destruction, for that is what was written.
The prophecy has been fulfilled. Vaeros runs free across all of Valeroma, wreaking havoc on everything he comes upon. What stands in his way? A small group of heroes, chosen from birth. With guidance from the notorious Nym, these six young men and women could very well defeat the greatest threat Valeroma has ever faced.

Will they succeed? [/dash]

Last edited by a moderator:
[dash="lightblue"]

The Vision From Nym:

Deep within the realm of dreamland, a voice calls out from the darkness. At first it is a soft voice, a quiet voice, but as you grow more aware of it you realize it is echoing in your mind, enveloping your senses until you are only aware of its presence. Then out from the echoes comes a strong, feminine voice. It is calling your name. A pale hand stretches out to you from the darkness. This strange dream suddenly has a clarity only experienced in visions.

"Come, brave soul, I have something you must see."

The hand vaporizes in wisps of smoke as you attempt to move towards it. Like a curtain, the dark mist of nothingness rises to reveal the interior of a cave. A lone egg shimmers in the recesses of the cavern, kept warm only by the words etched by fire in the scroll that lies atop it.

"Vaeros, the dragon of dread. Long has he slumbered, in wait for the day when he may awaken in his fury."

You watch as a hand removes the parchment and plucks the egg from its nest.

"That day has come."

The vision grows dim and opens again upon a young man and woman standing under a blood red moon. While the scene continues to unfold the voice in your head grows even more powerful, thundering in your ears and rattling your body as it recites the prophesy you have heard since childhood.

"When the night is dark and the moon is red
And make the whole world know of his face"

You watch as the baby dragon now hatched transforms into a man. "I am Vaeros. Thank you for finding me. Now die." The scene closes upon his great hulk taking flight from the broken bodies.

"He will wreathe the world in flame. Ashes and shadow will bind you and all of Valeroma to a living death none may escape."

A mixture of smoke and burnt flesh assaults your nostrils. Burning houses crumble before your eyes as the sound of crying children echo from within its walls. Your favourite tavern is crushed under the weight of the mighty dragon, the liquor pouring from the broken casks spreading the hungry fire faster throughout the city.

"No one can stand in his way. All you hold dear will vanish."

You are suddenly lifted up from the fires and placed on a formless plateau to join five other figures in a circle. Though it is dim, you can just make out the features of your dream fellows. Your view widens abruptly as your eyes leave your body to look down on the six standing in the circle. Two elven females, a dwarf, a man, an elven male, and a human female.

"But not all is as hopeless as it seems." The voice has returned to its softer tone.

As you take this in, the slim figure of a young, red-haired woman appears in the midst of the circle. Immediately you are back in your body and facing this apparition. Her hair and clothes whip around her body as if a strong wind is blowing, though you can feel nothing, and her eyes gaze deeply into yours unblinkingly. A slender hand lifts from her side and reaches out to you. You recognize it as the hand from earlier in this vision. Her lips part and the quiet but firm voice slips from between them.

"Six in tide, Six are true
Six to be lead by a spirit of hue
Long awaited in the endless sin
They are the saviors of many a skin
While they live, he cannot survive
While he is here, they cannot thrive"

*written by Mowkie

The words are spoken with the same authority as the earlier recited prophesy. A small smile appears on her face as her hand returns to her side.

"This second verse of the prophesy has long since been forgotten by the peoples of Valeroma, but that does not make them any less true. You have been chosen since birth, Vivian, Valaina, Kolmar, Niklaus, Tysin, Colleen, to uphold this prophesy. Only by banding together to confront Vaeros is there any hope for Valeroma. Without you, Valeroma will fall."

Her eyes darken in a glare as a playful pout plays on her lips. "If this is not motivation enough to take this vision seriously, so help me I will haunt you every night and you will never ever have another restful sleep again, is that understood?"

The mood lifts with another smile. "Now, watch and listen carefully." The woman raises her arms until they create a semi-circle above her head. Between her arms a map appears, marking where you currently are with your head upon your pillow. It shifts and moves across the land as a drawn line connects your position to a place on the map called The Forsaken Grove. "Be here in two day's time, before dawn. There I will meet you and speak with you further, but for now I must go."

A vortex opens, swallowing the woman and the five other figures from your dream. You are alone again in dreamland as the dark mist surrounds you in sleep once more.

[/dash]

Vivian, purple

Vivian was dreaming soundly. A smile was upon her face, as she and Emma went racing through the fields. Viv changed to her dragon form, and roared. Emma squealed with glee, and jumped into the makeshift saddle so she didn't fall off, and urged Viv to fly. Laughing, a sound which sounded very unnerving when she was in her dragon form, Vivian ran several more steps, and took off into the air. Hang tight, little one. she said in Emma's mind, as she did barrel rolls, and dives. Emma loved this, she squealed and laughed with glee.

Then it all changed. Emma vanished, and Vivian found herself back in her human form, laying in her room. Sitting up, she looks for her clock, but finds instead a ghost like looking hand reaching out to her.

"Come, brave soul, I have something you must see." and then promptly vanished.

The voice in her head made her jerk. She stood, and walked to where the hand had been, and was then transported to the interior of a cave. Her eyes lit up when she saw the egg. It had been a long time since any egg had hatched. Hundreds of years. She remembered the last one as if it were yesterday. But her delight quickly turned to dread as the voice returned.

"Vaeros, the dragon of dread. Long has he slumbered, in wait for the day when he may awaken in his fury."

The egg is taken by someone, and the parchment with it.

"That day has come."

Looking at the scene before her, Vivian's heart sinks as she notices the blood moon. But her attention soon focuses on the young couple standing in front of the egg from earlier.

A booming voice sounded in her mind. The words of the ancient prophecy roared in her head, causing her to grimace slightly, and bring her hand to her sword. She listened to the words of the prophecy that she had heard for years, but never given it any credit.

It was then that the dragon, now hatched, changed to human. Vivian gasped. Never had this happened before. Never in the history of Valeroma. Shifters were always born as their lesser being, either human, elf, or dwarf. Not the other way around. And on top of that, never had a shifter changed that early. It took years....then he spoke. "I am Vaeros....die."

As he changed back again, he had tripled in size. Terror flew through her veins like fire.

"He will wreathe the world in flame. Ashes and shadow will bind you and all of Valeroma to a living death none may escape..."

Vivian watched as the scene changed. Vaeros, now at his full size, attacking villages. Children, Women, Men, everyone was dead. Only a few wailing cries remained.

As the scene around her changed, Vivian drew her sword. The sound of metal ringing through the air, Vivian turned to see....five others? By the looks of it, there were all confused and scared. While Vivian knew what was happening, she was indeed terrified.

"But not all is as hopeless as it seems." A young girl appears. Red hair, green eyes, and very spirit like. She listened as she spoke of a second half of the prophecy. Her brow furrowed, for she had never in all her years heard of a second half. The girl met her eyes as her voice grew in power once more.

"This second verse of the prophesy has long since been forgotten by the peoples of Valeroma, but that does not make them any less true. You have been chosen since birth, Vivian, Valaina, Kolmar, Niklaus, Agardir, Crystal, to uphold this prophesy. Only by banding together to confront Vaeros is there any hope for Valeroma. Without you, Valeroma will fall.....If this is not motivation enough to take this vision seriously, so help me I will haunt you every night and you will never ever have another restful sleep again, is that understood?"

As the being named everyone, a picture of each person appeared in her mind to match the name. When she got to the haunting part, a smirk tugged at the corner of her mouth. A know it all, full of itself being was to guide them? What a joke.

When the being showed them where to go, and the time, Vivian nodded. Knowing already, her choice.

As soon as the Vision ended, Vivian woke with a start. She was surprised to see the pillow, and her sheets were covered with sweat. She was never a sweater when she slept.

Knowing what she must do, she changed into her travel armor, packed what she could carry in a large, large bag so she could carry it. She went outside, sneaking out of the house, so she wouldn't awaken the family she was staying with. She went far enough away, and changed. Her dragon form, about 20 feet from tip to tail, grabbed the bag, and flew off in the direction of the Forbidden Grove. It was a days journey, even by the air.
A Day Later
Vivian reaches the destination after several long hours in the air. She is practically exhausted, lands and changes into her elven form. Looking around, she doesn't see anyone. She must be the first one to arrive. So she lays down, and closes her eyes for a minute, quickly falling into a deep slumber.
[/dash]
[dash= purple]
[/dash]
Vivian, purple

Niklaus, brown

It had been a long time since Niklaus didn't experience any dreams. He was actually suppressing them, something that he learned to do with some practice and a little magic. That way, he could calmly sleep without the usual nightmares.

Nevertheless, that night he couldn't do it. A voice emerged from the darkness, calling him, together with a hand.

He found himself in a cave, where he could only see an egg. A dragon egg. The young man ignored the voice that kept talking to him, keeping his concentration in the shimmering object, until it disappeared.

After it, everything was really confusing. He saw two strangers and heard the prophecy, the same prophecy that he was always so curious about, even though he just considered it as a beautiful poem instead of something real. The couple was brutally murdered and he couldn't even move to help them. The fear petrified him while he watched the majestic dragon fly away.

Suddenly, he was only watching and hearing about destruction, until he just saw five more strangers. Though they didn't feel as if they were strangers. He did his best to pay attention to every one of members of the circle.

Niklaus watched astonished the scene with the red-haired and everything that followed. He finally woke up.

He kept breathing hard until he realized it was just a dream. However, he couldn't take two things out of his mind: the second prophecy and the location where he needed to go, but he convinced himself it had no importance. A few minutes later, he could finally relax and enter in a new deep and quiet dream.

"Niklaus! Niklaus!" A voice called him, abruptly waking him up. "Wake up, dear! We are leaving. Now! And you should come with us."

The old lady that shared her house with him in exchange of some field working was completely out of her mind. She didn't stop screaming at Nik about leaving, about chaos and destruction, and about a fire breathing dragon. She was sure that the safest place was as far as possible of any town.

"Wait, a dragon? And did this all happen last night?" He asked her, and she nodded.

It was everything clear then. It wasn't just a dream, and luckily, he could perfectly remember the image of the map. So he hurried to say goodbye, take his things, and leave.

The Forsaken Grove was probably 15 hours away in the air. He decided to alternate his two shapes so that he wouldn't get there so tired, since Nik had no idea what was expecting him. Finally, after a whole day and a few hours, he got there. But he wasn't alone, he could feel another presence ahead, so the shifter used his dragon form to quietly get near. He sharpen his sight to see the one who was already there.

An elven. A female elven that Niklaus had seen before. But where did he see her?

No way. He thought, remembering his dream.

Last edited:
Vala was standing in a vast ocean of nemophilas that were accented with a light shade of blue. A smile graced her lips as she started to stroll threw the never ending field of flowers. She lifted her face towards the sky and enjoyed the feeling of the sun's rays. On her figure was a simple dark blue dress. The dress had a ribbon that stretched around it and ended with a bow in the front about stomach height. She had seen this dress at one time when she was younger and ever since that day the dress had been the only possession she ever really wanted but also the one thing she was never able to get.
Suddenly she started to notice a voice though she could not understand what it is saying. She stops and turns in a full circle not quite sure who was speaking. That's when she notices a pale hand reaching out to her. Instinctively she reaches out to grasp it but as if to tease her the hand fades away.

It takes a moment or two for her eyes to adjust but soon she is able to make out the form of a rather large egg. "Vaeros, the dragon of dread. Long has he slumbered, in wait for the day when he may awaken in his fury." She listens to the words as she slowly walks closer to the egg. How could such a lovely egg produce something so... wicked? She thinks to herself as she reaches for the scroll. A hand comes into the scene and Vala quickly recalls her arm as the egg is pulled from its nest.

She slowly closed her eyes, at least it feels that way, and when she opens them again she see's yet another scene unfolding in front of her. "That day has come." A young man and woman are standing together under a rather eery moon.

She had heard that poem before... honestly it always left her with a bad taste in her mouth and a chill running down her spine. The other kids at the orphanage used to tell her this with a torch held close to their face and the creepiest voice they could possibly muster... it gave her plenty of sleepless nights. "I am Vaeros. Thank you for finding me. Now die." She squeals suddenly as the baby dragon transforms and slays the young couple. Her stomach started to feel uneasy as the scene once again fades to black.

She hears a voice call out in the darkness. "He will wreathe the world in flame. Ashes and shadow will bind you and all of Valeroma to a living death none may escape." Two smells fill her senses with the next breath she takes. One of smoke and the other a smell she was unable to identify. She seems to swoop down from a black cloud only to see the sight of a burning village filled with wailing children. "No one can stand in his way. All you hold dear will vanish."
*written by Mowkie

"This second verse of the prophesy has long since been forgotten by the peoples of Valeroma, but that does not make them any less true. You have been chosen since birth, Vivian, Valaina, Kolmar, Niklaus, Agardir, Crystal, to uphold this prophesy. Only by banding together to confront Vaeros is there any hope for Valeroma. Without you, Valeroma will fall."

She saw an image to mach each name and suddenly a chill came over her. She finally felt like she had to close her eyes. She didn't want this... She never looked for any of this! She wanted to live a normal life and die piece fully. Tears made it to the edges of her eyes as she holds herself back. This was all just too much for her.

"Now, watch and listen carefully." The strange woman formed a map showing where she was with a line showing the way to The Forsaken Grove. Which seemed like a days travel from where she was... "Be here in two day's time, before dawn. There I will meet you and speak with you further, but for now I must go."

She awoke after that and sat up only to wrap her arms around her legs as she rests her head on her knees. She had to decide what to do... Should she travel to The Forsaken Grove? Or should she run the other way and try to not take part? She shuddered a little bit before standing up and looking around once more. She was standing in an old run down barn. She had bought a horse from the keeper figuring she would use it to travel to the next town but now... where should she go? The dream seemed all too real to her, but at the same time how could she, of all people, face down 'the dragon of dread'?

The keeper of the barn ran in with a torch in hand, "If you know whats good for you, leave now!" He spouted before turning on his heals and running towards the woods. Instantly she figured she knew what had happened. After all she witnessed most of it first hand. Slowly she looked at her horse, then towards the woods. Finally she decided that she should at least try to help stop this menacing force, no matter how little she could do.

After getting on her horse she started off as a light trot. She hoped to get there first, that way she wouldn't have to meet everyone at one time otherwise she felt she would probubly be overwhelmed... after all one person could prove to be too much for little Vala to handle.
She road into a clearing and dismounted the horse as she looked around. She wasn't he first one here but it didn't really mater. It seemed she only had one person to meet so far and she seemed to be sleeping. Slowly she walked over to the Elven woman with a bit of curiosity in her eyes. She had never met another Elven before... though at the same time she didn't feel like waking the woman... Looking around she concluded she was the second one to arrive, not realizing someone was lurking nearby.

Last edited:
[dash=grey]

In a dank little tavern on the outskirts of Dwarf County, a stout, lightly bearded female worked steadily around all but one of the dirty tables sweeping crumbs and broken glass into her dust bin. Sitting at this avoided table slumped a dwarf, tall in stature and broad in shoulder. One large hand cupped around a half-empty tankard while the other stretched across the table and dangled limply off the other side. He was handsome, very handsome, and the buxom waitress took her time in her clean-up duties, hoping he would awaken before she left.

She giggled as a particularly loud snore erupted from his throat and almost sucked out the flame of the candle sitting on the table. My, what a strong dwarf he must be! The waitress bumped into a chair, sending it crashing to the floor. But did that awaken the slumbering dwarf? Oh no! For something much louder and much more terrifying filled his head...

--------

"Where are ye, lass?" Kolmar turned this way and that, trying to locate the source of the beautiful voice. He'd heard of such powers before, a person in need sending a cry for help into an unsuspecting person's head. It wasn't common, oh no, and only appeared in the great myths of knights and four-headed dragons, but that didn't mean it couldn't happen. And Kolmar took no chances in losing out on an opportunity to rescue a damsel in distress. "Speak, lass! Are ye in danger?"

The darkness dissipated and Kolmar found himself standing in a cave. "Vaeros, the dragon of dread. Long has he slumbered, in wait for the day when he may awaken in his fury."

"Has he kidnapped ye, lass?" Any other inquiries fell dormant on his lips as the scene changed once again and her voice continued unhindered.
[/dash]
[dash=grey]

Kolmar stumbled back as the great beast of Vaeros overwhelmed the vision. It suddenly clicked for the Very Buff With Brain dwarf that this vision wasn't about the lass at'all. He needed to be paying attention to the dragon.

A moan escaped Kolmar's lips as he heard the wails of children crying for their mothers. "No!" he shouted, beating his breast with his arms. "This cannot be!" An even louder moan followed as rivers of liquid fire streamed from his favourite haunt. Kolmar tore at his beard in distress. "The children! I must save them! My ale! All is lost!"

His grief grew so great he barely noticed the scene had vanished around him, leaving him on a plateau with five other figures. When a lady appeared in their midst, he took her to be the owner of the magnificent voice and bowed his head reverently.​

What was this verse? Was the hope it spoke of sound? Would these hideous events transpire? Could they actually be stopped if they did? Though Kolmar's face did not rise, images of the five others flashed into his mind as the spirit woman named them off. So. He had been called. Kolmar's eyes lifted until they met the spirit's.

"If this is not motivation enough to take this vision seriously, so help me I will haunt you every night and you will never ever have another restful sleep again, is that understood?"

"Understood, m'lady," he whispered, a hard gleam in his eye. She need not bother him twice. He took careful note of the map she spread before them. Travelling to The Forsaken Grove would be a hard journey for him, and a long one, but he determined to be there even if he had to trudge all day and all night through bramble and mire. Valeroma needed him and he would answer her call.

The vision closed as suddenly as it began, leaving Kolmar hanging betwixt deep slumber and rising into consciousness. He forced himself into the latter. If he would make it to the Grove in a timely fashion he had to leave immediately.

--------
Slowly, Kolmar's eyes blinked open and he pulled himself up into his chair. As his eyes adjusted to the dim light of the tavern lanterns, he caught sight of a dwarven woman huddled in the corner of the bar with her apron thrown over her head. What had frightened the poor lass? He looked about and noticed his tankard smashed on the ground clear across the room. The candle on his table had toppled over and lay broken on the floor beside him. Kolmar's eyes grew wide. Had he really reacted so strongly to that dream? He stood to his feet, hesitated, and then softly strode over to the lass. Kolmar really needed to move his weary feet on their way, but first he had a damsel who needed some comforting.
[/dash]

Agardir
download (5).jpg

Agardir sat calmly in a chair inside of his humble home, holding a rather large mug of whiskey. Sighing and sipping the whiskey, he looked at his window and saw that it was midnight. Deciding to call it a night, he walked to his bedroom and jumped onto his bed. Finishing the mug, he put the mug aside and closed his eyes. Suddenly there was mist. A voice called out for him.

He walked to where a pale hand beckoned him.

The hand vaporizes in wisps of smoke as you attempt to move towards it. Like a curtain, the dark mist of nothingness rises to reveal the interior of a cave. A lone egg shimmers in the recesses of the cavern, kept warm only by the words etched by fire in the scroll that lies atop it.

You watch as a hand removes the parchment and plucks the egg from its nest.

"That day has come."

The vision grows dim and opens again upon a young man and woman standing under a blood red moon. While the scene continues to unfold the voice in your head grows even more powerful, thundering in your ears and rattling your body as it recites the prophesy you have heard since childhood.

Agardir remembered this. This was some sort of prophecy from when he was a tiny child.

You watch as the baby dragon now hatched transforms into a man. "I am Vaeros. Thank you for finding me. Now die." The scene closes upon his great hulk taking flight from the broken bodies.

"He will wreathe the world in flame. Ashes and shadow will bind you and all of Valeroma to a living death none may escape."

A mixture of smoke and burnt flesh assaults your nostrils. Burning houses crumble before your eyes as the sound of crying children echo from within its walls. Your favourite tavern is crushed under the weight of the mighty dragon, the liquor pouring from the broken casks spreading the hungry fire faster throughout the city. ''W-what?! Oh no... no no no no NO!'', he shouted.

You are suddenly lifted up from the fires and placed on a formless plateau to join five other figures in a circle. Though it is dim, you can just make out the features of your dream fellows. Your view widens abruptly as your eyes leave your body to look down on the six standing in the circle. Two elven females, a dwarf, a man, and a young girl.

"But not all is as hopeless as it seems." The voice has returned to its softer tone.

As you take this in, the slim figure of a young, red-haired woman appears in the midst of the circle. Immediately you are back in your body and facing this apparition. Her hair and clothes whip around her body as if a strong wind is blowing, though you can feel nothing, and her eyes gaze deeply into yours unblinkingly. A slender hand lifts from her side and reaches out to you. You recognize it as the hand from earlier in this vision. Her lips part and the quiet but firm voice slips from between them.

The words are spoken with the same authority as the earlier recited prophesy. A small smile appears on her face as her hand returns to her side.

"This second verse of the prophesy has long since been forgotten by the peoples of Valeroma, but that does not make them any less true. You have been chosen since birth, Vivian, Valaina, Kolmar, Niklaus, Agardir, Crystal, to uphold this prophesy. Only by banding together to confront Vaeros is there any hope for Valeroma. Without you, Valeroma will fall."

Her eyes darken in a glare as a playful pout plays on her lips. "If this is not motivation enough to take this vision seriously, so help me I will haunt you every night and you will never ever have another restful sleep again, is that understood?"

''Understood...'', he agreed.
The mood lifts with another smile. "Now, watch and listen carefully." The woman raises her arms until they create a semi-circle above her head. Between her arms a map appears, marking where you currently are with your head upon your pillow. It shifts and moves across the land as a drawn line connects your position to a place on the map called The Forsaken Grove. "Be here in two day's time, before dawn. There I will meet you and speak with you further, but for now I must go."

A vortex opens, swallowing the woman and the five other figures from your dream. You are alone again in dreamland as the dark mist surrounds you in sleep once more.

Reactions: Jackalbot135
[dash=purple]
Vivian was sleeping soundly until she heard the horse approach. Keeping up the appearance that she was still asleep, she tensed and readied herself to spring. As she listened, she grasped the dagger that was near her hand, moving it ever so slowly. As the footsteps drew closer she sprung. Knocking the unknown person against the trunk of the tree, Vivian's dagger was at her throat in an instant.

As the fogginess of sleep ebbed, she took a good look at this young elven woman in front of her. Recognizing her from the dream, she took a step back and sheathed the dagger. "I apologize, friend, these are hard times and it is better to be safe than sorry." she said as she did so. She curtsied slightly, showing the fellow elven the respect that she deserved. "I am called Vivian. This is all so....surreal." she said before her senses picked something up. Inhaling deeply, she smelled something fierce, something that her dragon recognized. Another Dragon was lurking nearby, watching them. She slowly brought her finger to her lips, beckoning the young elf to stay silent for a few minutes.

A low, animalistic growl escaped her throat. It was pure animalistic sounding. Drawing her bow, she knocked an arrow. Her enhanced vision scanned the woods, but saw nothing. Vivian started to get ready to change to her dragon form, and her vocal chords were affected slightly. It made her voice sound more rough, deep, and growl-like. "Show yourself." she said, her deep voice carrying authority that comes with age. [/dash]

Niklaus, brown

The other elven girl that starred in his dream came riding a horse. That made him understand everything a little better: they were all there for a reason, and they had all probably been called by the same weird dream. He was thinking everything through when the sleeping Elven woman woke up and put a dagger on the other one. At that moment, he was ready to jump and attack her, but, luckily, she was only being cautious and quickly removed the dagger. A few seconds later, the very same woman sensed his presence and ordered him to show himself.

Niklaus smiled. That woman wasn't just an elf, because a normal one would never have sensed him. Besides, the noise rebeled that there was something much wilder inside that beautiful woman shape. The tone she used was another reason for his smile; she was a tough one.

As much as he liked the situation, he was forced to change into his human form, and that really annoyed him. He didn't want to start a fight, and if his theory that they all had the same dream was true, showing them the face that they had seen in that dream would be the best. He sighed, changed, quickly put some clothes on and walked into their direction.

When he could finally see them with his human eyes, he put his hands in the air, responding to Vivian, who was preparing her bow. As casual as he acted, he was still paying attention to every move in order to turn at any threat. "Relax, my lady, I guess I'm one of the six" He told her, without being really sure of what that meant, but still keeping his smile. He put his arms back down. "My name is Niklaus Allard, it is a pleasure to meet you both." Said to them, making a small bow.

Last edited:
Valaina, blue
"Uff" She grunted as something knocked her back rather forcefully into a tree. She lost consciousness for a split second and when she came too she noticed the previously sleeping elf in front of her. She went to straiten herself out before feeling something cold and sharp against her throat. She froze and closed her eyes as a shiver came over her body. "I apologize, friend, these are hard times and it is better to be safe than sorry." She sighed slightly and fell to her knees when the dagger was pulled away from her throat. Honestly she rather hoped all elves were not like this one... "I am called Vivian. This is all so....surreal." "I- am Valaina." She finally made it back to her feet and looked at the woman in front of her. It seemed like her companion was still on high alert... Still she remained silent and watched as Vivian growled and readied her bow. Valaina wanted to tell Vivian to stop... Vala was really starting to feel uneasy.

"Show yourself." The elven woman's voice boomed. Valaina jumped slightly at the sudden change in volume and voice. Realizing Vivian really did sense someone, or at least thought she did, Vala quickly retreated behind Vivi and set up a small transparent wall in front of Vivi that would stop projectiles. Of course this also meant Vivi wouldn't be able to loose an arrow in that direction either but seeing as it was most likely another ally, seeing how they were waiting at the rendezvous point, it was probubly for the better.

A human male walked into view with his hands up. "Relax, my lady, I guess I'm one of the six" She frowned a little. Of course she recognized him from the dream, but she still wasn't fond of humans. Especially sneaky ones that hide in the forest. His arms went down and she relaxed a little letting the transparent wall fade away. "My name is Niklaus Allard, it is a pleasure to meet you both." She nodded at him figuring he already heard her name while he was spying. Of course he might have just gotten there but she wasn't giving him the benefit of the doubt...

Last edited:
Agardir woke up and yawned. What was that?, he thought, pondering the dream. After he ate some breakfast, he started thinking about the dream again and looked out of his window. He lived not far from the Forsaken Grove, according to the townspeople. He fed his chipmunk, Arthur, some nuts and set out for the grove. On the way, he drank some mead, rested for a while, continues walking, and arrived just to see 2 familiar women and a man. Unsheathing his sword to be cautions, he walked slowly to them and introduced himself. ''Greetings, my name is Agardir Exien. I suppose you got a message in your sleep as well?''

Colleen sighed and rolled over on her bed. It had been a long day and she was exhausted, but she couldn't get comfortable enough to drop into the Dreamer's Land. She closed her eyes, sighing again...

Colleen sat up and blinked in the dark. Across the room, something glowed, the light strengthening as she swung her legs off the bed and moved towards it. Her breath caught as she watched the light form an egg nestled in a scroll.

"Vaeros, the dragon of dread. Long has he slumbered, in wait for the when he may awaken in his fury."

Colleen shuddered, drawing back. That name was legend and she knew it well from the stories told around the camp fires. A hand reached across her vision and picked up the egg.

"That day has come."

Shadows closed in around her as she scrambled to her feet. What she wouldn't have given for her bow or knife. She blinked and the scene changed. The blood moon rose overhead and Colleen saw two people standing some way ahead of her.

A booming voice shouts in her head, hurting her, and she clutched her skull, screaming silently.

"When the night is dark and the moon is red;
Hatched will be a dragon of dread.
Eyes like amber and scales like earth;
More than the world his head will be worth.
The dragon of dread will be a shifter and more;
The kind of monster you read of only in lore.
He will seek to rule the last of his race;

And make the whole world know of his face."

The egg cracked open at the couple's feet and a dragon tumbled onto the grass. It stood up, growing into a man. He looked at them, his eyes burning in the dark.

"I am Vaeros. Thank you for finding me. Now... die!"

He flared wings, his bulk growing until he had crushed the couple. At his full length and height, he pushed up, wind coming from his wings, and rose into the sky.

The stink of smoke and burning flesh assaulted Colleen's nose. She gagged, raising her hand to her face to hold back. Fire light sprang up, flames licking at houses. Children screamed. Her father's castle loomed in the smoke.

The ground beneath her feet disappeared and she stumbled. When she stood up again, she realized she was not alone. Five other figures stood around her, each of the forming a circle with the others. She could make out their faces, but didn't recognize any of them save for a dwarf.

"But not all is as hopeless as it seems," whispered the voice.

A young red-haired woman appeared in the middle of the circle. Her clothes and hair whipped around her in a nonexistent wind.

"Six in tide, Six are true;
Six to be lead by a spirit of hue.
Long awaited in the endless sin.
They are the saviours of many a skin.
While they live, he cannot survive.

While he is here, they cannot thrive."

The woman smiled at Colleen.

"The second verse of the prophecy has long since been forgotten by the peoples if Valeroma, but that does not make them any less true. You have been chosen since birth, Vivian, Valaina, Kolmar, Niklaus, Agardir, Colleen, to uphold this prophecy. Only by banding together to confront Vaeros is there any hope for Valeroma. Without you, Valeroma will fall.

If this is not motivation enough to take this vision seriously, so help me I will haunt you every night and you will never have another restful sleep again, is that understood?"

Colleen nodded and the woman smiled again.

"Now, watch and listen carefully."

A map appeared and travelled from her bedroom to The Forsaken Grove.

"Be here in two days time, before dawn. There I will meet you and speak with you further, but for now I must go."

The vision erupted around Colleen and she sat up, her cheeks damp with tears. She shook herself and wiped her face, lay back down and closing her eyes. She steadied her breathing and resolved that she would be at the Grove in two days. Consequences be damned.

[dash=purple]

If Valaina had indeed done what she thought she did...she would ...hurt her somehow. "Lower. It. Now." she growled softly through her teeth. She wouldn't kill anyone, not unless they proved a threat. She was just very cautious by nature, and to have someone block that defense, she became angry quickly.
Before Vala had a chance to lower the field, another man came into view. Human. She smiled slightly, recognizing him from the dream. It was good to know there was another shifter in the group. She noticed that he was still prepared to shift at any moment, but she kept the bow trained on his eye, just to be sure. "Relax, my lady, I guess I'm one of the six" When he bowed, she finally lowered her bow, easing up on the defense. "My name is Niklaus Allard, it is a pleasure to meet you both." Said to them, making a small bow." "I'm Vivian, and that's Valaina. Sorry about the bow, better to be cautious than dead, 'tis what I say." she said as she put the bow back in her quiver and strung her bow over her back again.
Then another elf came into view, and the sound of metal sliding on metal sounded. He had drawn his sword. Singing softly in the draconic language, the plants around him seemed to come alive. They started to wrap around his torso and feet to hold him in place as he spoke. ''Greetings, my name is Agardir Exien. I suppose you got a message in your sleep as well?'' Cutting off mid word, the plants went back to their original places.
Dang, she was a little to cautious for her own good. She reserved to be tense, but not do anything else unless the newcomers posed a threat.

She nodded and introduced herself, Vala, and Niklaus. It was amazing. Thoughts came through her head, Why me? Why them? What is going on? But these questions could only be answered with time....
[/dash]

Valaina, Blue

She could still hear Vivian's words in her head, "Lower. It. Now." They had come out of Vivian's lips like poison off a dagger. She wasn't pleased with this elven woman and for the first time she found that she did not want to meet another of her race, out of fear they might all be like Vivi. She did not speak in a very pleasant way and she acted rather barbaric. She wondered for a little while if this was the reason so many of the humans she had met seemed to despise her... because, just for a moment, she had started to hate her own race.

"I'm Vivian, and that's Valaina. Sorry about the bow, better to be cautious than dead, 'tis what I say." She had begun backing away from the two. She wanted some space... or perhaps she just didn't want to be noticed. More than anything had she wished she found a magic that would let her turn invisible. Then she could be out of sight and out of mind, trouble would no longer find its way to her front door... ''Greetings, my name is Agardir Exien." She jumped slightly and twirled around to see a man not to far from her with a sword in his hand. Instantly she had casts a slow spell on him while jumping back. "I suppose you got a message in your sleep as well?'' When the words finally register she lowers her hands and sighs. Everything that had been going on is finally starting to get to her. She nods to him in response and looked over at Vivi while she announces who they were.

After the attention was once again brought away from her general location she turned and walked off to the forest deciding she did not want to meet anyone else... at least at that moment she deemed it to be too much for her. Sitting down and leaning against a tree, out of sight from the others, she begins to unpack a small meal she packed herself. It wasn't anything fancy, day old bread, some meat she got at as payment for healing a butchers child, and an apple to go with it. She sighed a little as she tore the bread and took a bite, half listening to the words of the others in her group.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bitterblue
Colleen's father cornered her in the courtyard the next morning. He'd seen her packing her bag with provisions and clothes; it concerned him. She knew why he worried; her mother had another suitor arriving later that evening. He thought she was trying to avoid the confrontation. She couldn't find in her to tell him the truth about her dream.

"If you're going on a hunting trip, I wish you'd tell me beforehand... do you have enough food?"

She nodded and hugged him hard.

"I love you, papa," she whispered. "I'll be back soon. Okay?"

He nodded and called for the stable boy to bring her horse.He helped her mount and lead her to the gate. She blew him a parting kiss and kicked her horse into a gallop. If she pressed her horse, she could be at the Grove before noon tomorrow. She hoped she would run into complications on the road.

[dash=grey]

The sun beat down heavily on Kolmar, baking Ikspar's gloriously long shaft into the back of his leather jerkin. Sweat poured down his angular cheeks and streamed in little rivers down his neck, soaking into the cracking leather to cool his burning chest and pooling at the base of his neck to encourage his wavy locks to cling to his exposed skin. Miles had he trudged since departing from the wench-- tavern --in the coolness before dawn and many miles had he yet to traverse before reaching the grove.

Droplets of salty liquid snaked into his eyes, but did he stop to wipe it away? No. He could not afford to lose the fraction of a second it would take to move his arm from its steady, rhythmic motion to his eye. As it was, he would be lucky to arrive before the apparition appeared to the group. He must not be late. Instead, he blinked rapidly to clear his vision.

His long legs continued their even pace over the grassy plains; first pumping to catch up to his fleeing shadow, then running with it to spur it onwards, until finally he'd passed his shadow and now plodded onward lest the lazy thing pass him up again.

"Neither rain nor snow," panted Kolmar, "nor sleet nor dark of night shall stay these legs from swiftly arriving at their appointed place. Ha!" He blinked to clear away more sweat from his eyes. "They forgot the sun, didn't they? ...Beastly sun... I'd give it for sleet any time now!" A dark eye travelled to the skies. "Aye, any time now!"

The sun merely scoffed at him. Kolmar puffed onwards.
[/dash]

Niklaus, brown

"I'm Vivian, and that's Valaina. Sorry about the bow, better to be cautious than dead, 'tis what I say." said one of the elven women. He smiled at her, of course he had heard their names before, but it was better to know them without spying. "Don't worry, women usually do worse things when they discover me lurking." answered with a tone that made obvious it was a joke.

The other one, Valaina, didn't look really pleased to see him. He probably didn't give her a good first impression, but he would remember to change that.

Afterwards, another man, and elven man, appeared unseathing his word. Niklaus tensed, preparing himself to change at any time, even though he was sure that the newcomer was just being cautious like everyone else. He proved that theory when he heard his words. ''Greetings, my name is Agardir Exien. I suppose you got a message in your sleep as well?'' Nik relaxed, nodded and let Vivian introduced all of them. He then sighed, he hated all the tension that meeting them brought him. Besides, he was uncorfortable being a simple human surrounded by armed and probably trained elves.

He watched as Valaina left the group to disappear on the woods. She probably prefered to be alone, and so did he in that particular situation, but he would wait for the other two that were suppose to appear. He sat, lied his back into a tree next to where the group was and relaxed. He was tired from travelling and already sure that his company wasn't a threat.

Vivian Alae, Purple
[dash=limegreen]

Vivian relaxed slightly. Assessing the group was not a threat she completely put her weapons away. Plus, could always change to her dragon form. That would probably startle any trouble makers away, seeing shifters were very rare. She looked around just in time to see Valaina walking away. She was probably a bit to harsh on her....but she would apologize when she had a chance.

She leaned against the tree, her hand resting casually on the hilt of her sword, just in case any trouble came up. Her voice back to normal, she started to speak once more. "This is quite bizarre. Only time I've heard of visions like these is...." she trailed off, remembering that was for her people only to know.

She started to sing a soft melody, her hauntingly beautiful voice filling the air. As she sung, the trees of the grove came alive. They practically danced to her tune. Cherry blossoms flourished and the scent filled the air. The grass started to grow around them, and the trees, and vines, everything started to grow. Leaving a fresh smell of earth in their noses as she cut off singing. [/dash]

Agardir Exien
''Well, now that we are on assumed terms, I thought there were two others?'' He walked over to a tree and sat down, sighing. ''I'm confused. What are we going to do? Also, why us? I've had enough stress for a lifetime. I don't need more.'' Hearing Vivian sing, he smiled to the sweet tune. ''You're Vivian, are you?'' Taking a swing of whiskey he'd brought along the trip, he let Arthur out to run around. ''That's quite a great song.'' he said, staring at the other elf. Watching the nature prosper around him, he kept the smile on his face.

Colleen, green

Colleen's hopes were for naught, her travel was long, tiresome, and lonesome. She had traveled for about a day and yet again found herself taking a rest. 'So far for pushing the horse.' She thought to herself as she dismounted put her back against a tree and sunk to the ground. She started to doze but quickly snapped out of it, she had a mission right now, there was no time for sleep especially on a mission as important as this! She stood and opened a small riding pack that was clamped to the back of her saddle and pulled out a small container. After fumbling with the lid a little she finally put the containers neck to her lips and drank the small amounts of content that remained. Sighing she stood up and mounted her horse once more only to receive a disgruntled whine from her horse. "You spoiled boy, just a little further. We're more than half way there." She assured her horse while stroking his neck. "Ok, lets go." and with a kick they were off.

She was once again riding on the empty roads towards where she thought the rendezvous would occur. Her sense of direction was lacking and unfortunately she did not bring a map. She was relying on the map she had seen in her dream... but it was starting to get a little fuzzy. She looked around as she road keeping wary of her surroundings. She was sure people would try to take advantage of the panic that this dragon had caused. Luckily for her she was heading towards the dragon sighting, anyone lying in wait would be on the wrong side of the tree... at least she assumed.

She seemed to have worried for nothing, she made it to a clearing that held a few others already with no trouble or extra rests in between. She slowed her horse down to a lazy trot as she entered the area. She would not draw her bow, but she was ready for anything. The faces all looked familiar to her and within seconds she placed each one with the name that came with her dream. "Is it safe to assume we are waiting on two others? Who are they... Valaina and Kolmar?" She spoke not realizing Valaina was there, merely hiding away from the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.