The Fight for Asis (Sign up thread)

I see. Posting myself now, but still, was hoping more people to post.

But i bet the story will go really well :)

nice part, i think my character is a bit simple

Thanks. Starting simple is a good way to start. After that one just needs to fill in the finer details, thats all.

Hmm, not that I want to bother or play 20 questions, but what's the typical armament for a foot soldier? I've noticed most people have swords and daggers and what not, but one man (I think NightStalker) has handguns and the Resistance Angel has a Gunblade. So is it typical of men to carry guns or is it a rare commodity? If you can answer these questions, then I'll be fine.

Since Asis is modernizing, then yes there are guns. It is a bit rare for someone to wield a gun right now since they are still new to most people. Most of the soldiers will have swords and daggers etc, but a few will have guns.

My character also makes his own, considering he was raised and surpassed the best blacksmith in Asis

Sorry I haven't posted yet, going to try to tonight and if not then tomorrow : )

Me and that post grappled for a little bit, but I won. And by moderizing, do you mean technology of today or did they literally just enter the beginnings of an industrial revolution with steam, coal and all that jazz. I'm just trying to get an idea on what the battles would look like and how the soldier would fight. I guess I could use my creative liberties when it comes to these situations, but I don't want to make a fool of myself.

It's more of in between an industrial revolution and technology of today. most of the stuff is powered by magic right now though.

Please note in further posts that no one knows Kythos is an angel.

It's a hard thing to mask when you blow up a group of soldiers and take off flying, but I understand, my lips are sealed.

Edit: Actually, those actions could just be a very powerful mage. Either way, if you want your identity to remain a secret, then it would probably be best to remain low-key and not to do so much jaw dropping acts of power.

Problem is that not even he himself knows that he is an angel, so he can't restrain himself accordingly. ^^ Interesting thing we can do is that when we confront each other in the future, you reveal that fact to him?

That is a marvelous idea, it would just be like Rasim to taunt his opponent with knowledge he does not possess and it could possibly lead to you becoming more powerful, or at the very least, self understanding, nice for character development...

...I like how you think :)

At the moment he's deluded in thinking that he can only invoke one element at a time. Maybe after thatconfrontation he will realize his self-imposed limits? Wow, we are vreaking some ground here.